ORAS OU Transition from X/Y to OR/AS (Standard Megazard X Team)

Isn't going quite as smoothly as I'd hoped and I really could use help from people who know what they're doing to help adapt this team to the new meta.

So I started with Megazard X because it's a great bulky set-up mon. Really good offensive and defensive typing, recovery, good set-up, just the whole package. I was initially working on a bulky SD Mega Scizor team but I was never happy with the outcome so I thought it would be easier to try out the Zard.

Rotom-W was next on the list. No Earthquakes will be hitting him unless Mold Breaker is involved and he can eat Stone Edges and Rock Slides too. Only weak to Grass while Levitate is still there and Zard can eat Giga Drains up alright. Also, Talonflame is a thing so bring your Rotoms.

So I needed a lead. I considered Lando or Garchomp to set up Rocks but I eventually came to Skarmory for his superior all-around utility as well as great typing. No EQs touching him either, eats Grass and can set-up and clear hazards as required as well as walling the Fairy portion of Megazard's weaknesses.

I needed some extra beef to my team. Something that hits hard and fast. I settled on Scarfed Terrakion over Scarfchomp because Terrakion deals with my Arch nemesis, Mamoswine a lot better and is a tad speedier as well. Wall-breaking and maybe some revenging action at its finest here.

I needed a special hard-hitter. The team as it was only had Rotom-W for special hits and he's not taking names anytime soon. So I chose Thundy, because I've been screwed over by these things quite a bit and he has an answer for a lot of things I have problems with, like stallers, Mega Venusaur, Lando, etc. Just good coverage.

Lastly, my answer to Greninja back in the X/Y meta. Clefable turned the Kermit the frog into set-up bait. Once set up, she crippled teams and was hard to stop. Clef was the one that really introduced me to the awesomeness of bulky set-up and I'd be damned if she didn't have a place here.

I needed something to hold my problems at bay. Stuff like Azu, Chomp, Heatran, Lando, Mega Venu, they all did my team in quite a bit, which is pretty shitty when all of those are quite common in the meta. I don't know why I never noticed it before, but there is an answer to all of this. And that answer is called...

BLACK KYUREM!

Yes, Black Kyurem solved my issues well, checking those, but hitting new meta threats like Mega Sceptile, physical Mega Altaria, the Mega Eon Duo, essentially just big patching. Unfortunately, I'd need to take something out. I took out Terrakion but got absolutely wrecked by speedy teams or anything with priority; I needed my scarfer. I removed Thundy but... Yeah, no chance, Taunt is much too valuable with the switches it forced to allow me to set up and it hindered the team greatly to remove him. So with heavy heart, I removed Clef. There were enough set-up mons on the team as it was and Clef just didn't do the job well enough anymore

Tin Bird (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
Typically my lead, he's the utility king. Sets up hazards, gets rid of other hazards, doesn't die, and Whirlwind is so much fun. Absolute Taunt bait but I see no real reason to change him, his dinky Brave Birds wouldn't do much anyway and they'd just leave me taking recoil damage to try and burn turns. Mixed Defences with nature and EVs, I'm not running all physical bulk because Rotom-W is there for my full physical wall.

Mr Washee (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
The team's main physical wall, pairs great with Skarm, they eat eachother's weaknesses quite nicely. I'm running physically defensive and not special because I have major Talonflame paranoia. The EV spread is to outspeed Azumarill but that doesn't much stop that thing from being a major pain in the ass anyway, but every little helps. Again, very standard. I think standard sums up this whole team, you don't even need these descriptions because the stuff here is dirt-common (but I have to write it anyway or else this thread gets locked).
Made Resto-Chesto from Pain Split to act as a status sponge after Clef's departure.

Tank (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
The nut-cruncher. Does solid, heavy damage to almost anything. Speedy as hell, hits hard, he's your everyday run of the mill Terrakion. Stone Edge and CC as obvious STABs (I've missed as many Rock Slides as Stone Edges so I'm happy going with raw power). Earthquake is there because anything that can learn it should learn it, it hits hard against Heatran without sacrificing my defences like CC and is just generally good. Poison Jab is coverage to neuter Azumarills on the switch, it doesn't do brutal damage, but every little helps (again). X-Scissor for the Eon duo and other psychics. Poison Jab did barely more that Stone Edge to Azu and nothing to anything else.

Tlaloc (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
Some extra offence and Prankster action. I've debated between Taunt and Thunderwave, but I'm sitting on Taunt, it kills stall and stops set-up in its tracks which I find a lot more appealing. Thunderbolt is strong STAB, no Volt Switch since I'd rather hit hard than switch initiative with this thing. HP Ice is for Landorus, Garchomp, other Thundys, etc, and Psychic is for Mega Venusaur and Thunder Wave for Greninja and other speedy buggers which I really don't have much else for on this team. Expert Belt as a decent enough compromise between Life Orb and Leftovers. Life Orb because the extra power is good and Thundy's too frail to give a shit about recoil anyway.

Silence (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
This thing is so good it's not even funny. I always wanted to use Black Kyurem but I never found the opportunity, and I was so scared of turning this team into Fairy bait (which it now is, I could use a little help with that) that I never stopped to think about this thing and how well it helps. Behind a Sub, Black Kyurem can destroy so much, 2HKOing stuff like Rotom-W and Mega Venusaur thanks to Teravolt, that Godsend of an ability, and OHKOing Lando, Chomp, and Balloon-Broken Heatran too. It 2HKOs Azumarill, my main threat, and as long as he's behind a Sub, Azumarill can't touch it. It'll have to take a Fusion Bolt to break my Sub in one hit, and it'll die to the next one after dealing a massive maximum of 11.8% damage with Aqua Jet... With Thundy around to play the Taunt game, it's so easy to adapt the scenario to send this thing out to get up a Sub, and something will get a brutal bollocking if he does.

Chocolate (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
A slightly less standard set, though by no means unheard of, this is a bulky D-Dance Megazard X. Since Clef taught me the art of bulky set-up, I figured I'd give bulky SD Mega Scizor a go (but I was never happy with any way I built a Mega Scizor team so I tried Megazard X instead). He works great, set up is easy with this thing taking hits well and recovering damage, he's great to use. His issue is coverage. In order to have a sustainable, healthy set-up, I had to drop EQ for the sake of Roost, which puts me in a tough spot where Heatrans are concerned; but Garchomp looks like a bigger problem for this team, it can batter through these guys without warning if Rotom-W and/or Thundy die without leaving their mark, so Dragon Claw had to stay (Dragon Claw! Not Outrage! I hate Outrage, it's great for hitting hard and I can deal with the confusion after, but being locked in for 2-3 turns can lick my balls; he's bulky set-up so he can slap up D-Dances till kingdom come so Dragon Claw can do what it has to as well).

Bubblegum (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
Here is the reason this team was awesome before and not so much now. Status sponge, easy set-up, fat, hard-hitting, I don't think I've ever gotten more sweeps with anything than this. Leftovers could have been helpful in some situations, but I'm not sacrificing the power of the Life Orb for some extra HP back, she does what she needs to do just fine without item recovery. She is the queen of bulky set-up, your standard, everyday Clef. Not so good anymore. Megagross is one reason, I guess, but my team is good enough to deal with that. No, the main issue, and one that plagues my whole team is that slimy cunt Greninja. Thanks to Gunk Shot, her easy set-ups took a nose-dive. With Greninja so common in the meta, what used to be a horde of set-up fodders are now angry shit-throwers trying to kill her. She's still good, but her glory days are a bit hazy.
Removed sadly because CM wasn't doing it anymore. It was good at luring out Steels and neutering them with Flamethrower, but the opportunities to set up were hard to find and there were too many new counters for her. I gave Cosmic Power a go, but it didn't help much, it gave me too many things to set up and she still couldn't hit hard enough.

Dick Waggler:
Oops, sorry, I meant Greninja. As mentioned, I could deal with this thing just fine before Gunk Shot, and now he's even more annoying than before. I have no clue what to do with this thing. Literally nothing. All I know is just keep hitting it with random shit and hope I can take it out before it rampages through my team too much.
Faries:
Specifically Fairies with Hyper Voice since they can hit past Kyurem's Sub and hit him straight. My team is Fairy-bait as it is and that's one problem Kyurem unfortunately cannot solve.
Mega Metagross:
This things is fat and hits everything on my team hard. I usually have to end up with a crippled team-mate to ensure it's taken down since it has something for everything on my team that can do anything to it for super effective damage. My best bet is having Rotom-W Burn it, but if Rotom goes, I get ploughed. I thought I could deal with it ok, but I really can't...
Rhyperior:
Rhyperior really nuts me where it hurts too. Again, my only counter being Rotom-W, which puts a lot of pressure on him. Aside from hat, he hits everything else on my team very hard and I lack the means to hit back as effectively.

So... Yeah. Very standard Megazard X team. Struggling a wee bit with the new OR/AS meta. How can I adapt these folks to muscle through the OR/AS metagame with a little less turbulence? Cheers.
Thanks to Hairy Toenail for the alternate set suggestions.

Last edited:
Yo cool team Twist, just got a few quick suggestions for you:
  • Shed Shell on Skarm is my first suggestion. Magnezone is becoming more and more common in the OU metagame especially with the introduction of Megamence (hopefully banned soon). Shed Shell allows you to escape being trapped and live another day to deal with the plethora of threats in the tier. I'm really hoping that you consider switching up the Skarm moveset for something like Counter/BB over Whirlwind so it isn't taunt bait, but that's really up to you.
  • T Wave > Psychic and Life Orb on Thundurus. T wave just has so much utility allowing you to deal with a multitude of threats including Greninja and Mence, two mons which absolutely tear your team apart. I know you have been debating putting Twave and you don't want to get rid of Taunt so putting it over Psychic is the best option right now as Mega Venu is almost non existent with everyone trying out the new megas. However in the future you could consider HP Flying over HP Ice to hit Mega Venus when they increase in popularity. Life Orb on Thundy hits stupidly hard and while Ebelt is nice for not having recoil damage, Thundy more often than not finds itself hitting things for neutral damage with its STAB Thunderbolt which appreciates the Life Orb boost much more than the non boost from Ebelt.
  • Next up I believe that X-Scissor/Quick Attack over Poison Jab on Terrakion would be much more optimal for you. You said that P Jab was mainly for Azumarill, but P jab doesn't hit Azu much harder than Stone Edge does, so that was basically a wasted move slot that could be used for something else. X-Scissor is a pretty common move on Scarf Terrak mainly because it lets you hit the Lati twins for Super Effective damage. Quick Attack may come off as surprising to you on a scarf set, but it's actually a decent option in a tier filled with priority and knock off which can hinder Terrak's cleaning abilities.
  • Small last thing, but you might want to change Skarm to physically defensive and Rotom to specially defensive. Specially defensive rotom gives a better answer to Greninja and Physically defensive Skarm lets you eat some boosted returns from Megamence while phasing it out or doing big damage with Counter.
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Counter/Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Mr Washee (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor/Quick Attack

Tlaloc (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Flying
- Thunder Wave

And that's my rate haha, cool team again hope I helped!

Thanks for your feedback, man. Much obliged!

Yo cool team Twist, just got a few quick suggestions for you:
  • Shed Shell on Skarm is my first suggestion. Magnezone is becoming more and more common in the OU metagame especially with the introduction of Megamence (hopefully banned soon). Shed Shell allows you to escape being trapped and live another day to deal with the plethora of threats in the tier. I'm really hoping that you consider switching up the Skarm moveset for something like Counter/BB over Whirlwind so it isn't taunt bait, but that's really up to you.
Firstly, this is fucking perfect! I can deal with Mag quite easily, but it's a pain for poor Skarm who I really do need to keep around. Also, there's not much more bitter than Whirlwinding out a threat only to drag out that one Mag squatting in the back to rain on your parade... Rocky Helmet really was just a filler item, but I'm jumping the Shed Shell train no questions asked. Thank you very much. As for changing the set, I like this one just fine, Whirlwind does help whittle things down with Rocks damage. I have considered Toxic and/or Counter, but my current moveset is serving me well; most of the things with Taunt are things that can deal crippling damage some way or another anyway (Heatran, Thundy, Azelf, etc) so Taunt isn't much of a worry.

• T Wave > Psychic and Life Orb on Thundurus. T wave just has so much utility allowing you to deal with a multitude of threats including Greninja and Mence, two mons which absolutely tear your team apart. I know you have been debating putting Twave and you don't want to get rid of Taunt so putting it over Psychic is the best option right now as Mega Venu is almost non existent with everyone trying out the new megas. However in the future you could consider HP Flying over HP Ice to hit Mega Venus when they increase in popularity. Life Orb on Thundy hits stupidly hard and while Ebelt is nice for not having recoil damage, Thundy more often than not finds itself hitting things for neutral damage with its STAB Thunderbolt which appreciates the Life Orb boost much more than the non boost from Ebelt.
I've seen Mega Venu around quite a bit still, true it's not as much with the new Mega hype and all but he's still around and he can wall me till the days blur together. HP Ice isn't going anywhere with how nicely it neuters Chomp and Lando where nothing else on my team can. Life Orb I could try out though, Thundy's frail enough as he is so recoil isn't tragic so I'll give that a go, but I really am debating his overall moveset, I see your point, but I'm not sure if I'd risk it. Though I could always replace Megazard X for Mega Mence in the few days he has left, but that won't solve my long-term solution.

• Next up I believe that X-Scissor/Quick Attack over Poison Jab on Terrakion would be much more optimal for you. You said that P Jab was mainly for Azumarill, but P jab doesn't hit Azu much harder than Stone Edge does, so that was basically a wasted move slot that could be used for something else. X-Scissor is a pretty common move on Scarf Terrak mainly because it lets you hit the Lati twins for Super Effective damage. Quick Attack may come off as surprising to you on a scarf set, but it's actually a decent option in a tier filled with priority and knock off which can hinder Terrak's cleaning abilities.
Oh yeah, I was so wrapped up with how brutal Azumaril is with these guys I missed how annoying the Eons are too. I can wall them well enough but I can't hit them very well. Yeah, Poison Jab is quite dinky, but it's a tad tougher and has better accuracy, but maybe it was more of a placebo; regardless, I'll play around with X-Scissor. Quick Attack... Yeah, no, not happening. This team needs priority quite a bit, but things aren't desperate enough that I start running Quick Attack on anything outside of Mega Pinsir. I was thinking of maybe replacing Terrakion (and maybe Thundy) altogether, but I can't think of any replacements that aren't murdered even more by my trio of evil (Mamoswine, Azumarill and Heatran).

• Small last thing, but you might want to change Skarm to physically defensive and Rotom to specially defensive. Specially defensive rotom gives a better answer to Greninja and Physically defensive Skarm lets you eat some boosted returns from Megamence while phasing it out or doing big damage with Counter.
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Counter/Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Mr Washee (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor/Quick Attack

Tlaloc (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Flying
- Thunder Wave

And that's my rate haha, cool team again hope I helped!
I don't know about the switch. I did consider that when building, but I'm not terribly fussed with Mega Mence since it's going soon anyway. A better Greninja wall does sound appealing, but I use Rotom for tanking anything physical really, Stone Edges and whatnot that he can handle well, and I like the mixed bulk on Skarm because it gives him ok defensive coverage from all angles, his SpD is quite mediocre without investment. Again though, I'll give it a go, both sets have their advantages so I'll see how is works.
Thanks again for your help, man! :)

Updated with some more recent changes. Solved a lot of problems, but brought with it some new ones. Also get pissed on by Fairies. It's like 2 steps forward, 2 steps back...

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty neat team! Now, I really think Skarmory is way too passive for your team. The opponent can easily send in a YZard or XZard or really any wallbreaker and suddenly, you have no switchins. I would honestly remove it for a rock setter that's less passive and compliments the mostly offensive nature of your team. You mentioned that you were very weak to Fairies which is absolutely true : specifically, Clefable, MGardevoir are massive problems, Clefable walls pretty much half your team and you have no good answers to it, and MGardevoir comes in for free on Rotom-W, Skamrory (Hyper Voice actually 2HKOs it) and well as Terrakion and Kyu-B if they use the wrong move, and you have nothing to switch into it. Azumarill is I guess also a problem, but you can actually deal with it okay : even without Skarmory Rotom-W switches into it decently, and everything else on your team deals a good amount of damage to it (even XZard), so it's ot the hardest thing in the world to wear down. The best way to solve your Clefable/Garde problem is by running Jirachi>Skarmory. It still lays down SR and still acts as a bulky Steel type in general, however it stops MGarde in its tracks (it doesn't really like Wisp but honestly, all you really need to do is force Gardevoir out which Jirachi does every time) and also beats Clefable (Flamethrower does around 30% to the SpD set). Unfortunately, if you remove Skarmory, DD MAltaria completely destroys you (Skarm didn't actually beat it but at least it could phaze it out, not that it's enough : you need to run Taunt+Counter to actually beat MAltaria but you can't really afford that currently). Another slightly less solid option would be Heatran. Heatran isn't really an MGardevoir counter, however, it can take a Focus Blast from it and Toxic stall it to death. It can be Taunted though, so be careful. It's an even better answer to Clefable since it doesn't care about anything it can throw at it and just Taunts it to death. The Air Baloon variant is actually able to beat Mega-Altaria thanks to Flash Cannon, however it straight-up loses to MGardevoir, so you have to pick your poison here. If you can fit Stealth Rocks on something else, Choice Scarf Heatran is actually a better answer to Gardevoir, but you probably can't do that. One thing you could try is running Ferrothorn>Skarmory and Scarf Heatran>Rotom-W, this enables you to check Gardevoir, counter Clefable, beat Azumarill and deal with every MAtaria variant one way or another (besides DD+EQ+Fire Balst which I don't think exists). You do lose out on the ability to pivot but at least you don't get completely destroyed by Fairies anymore, and still cover Talonflame and Excadrill rather well.

Unfortunately, if you remove Skarmory, you now need a Defogger. There's really only two defogger that fit on offensive team like this, Latios and Latias. This also fixed your slight weakness to Keldeo. The only way you can fit one of these on your team is by removing Kyurem-B because of role overlap, which means you do lose your wallbreaker, but that's not too much of a problem since Taunt Thundurus can really mess around with Stall teams anyway. I would recommend Latios over Latias for two reasons : firstly, it hits Azumarill harder with Psyshock, and secondly, thanks to Earthquake, you can actually lure Heatran and remove it for a potential Charizard-X sweep (Latias can also do this I guess but Latios does it a lot better).

As for other weaknesses, Mega-Gallade can be a big threat but you can beat it with careful play. This sounds really, really weird but, if you follow my advice and run either Jirachi or Heatran+Ferro, I would recommend Aerial Ace>X Scissor on Terrakion, since this lets you net the 2HKO on MGallade, and you already have a very solid switchin to Latios so you don't really need X-Scissor that much. You can even replace Earthquake for it, honestly Earthquake really only hits Doublade and rarely ever comes in handy.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 248 HP / 40 Spd / 220 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran @ Air Baloon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake / X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace

I'll try those out, but honestly I'm not all that keen on replacing Kyurem with Latios. I'm a lot more fond of the bulk of Kyurem with how easy it is to get him behind a sub, bulky offence is definitely more my thing (which this team kind of lacks if I'm running Terrakion and Thundy, I've entertained the idea of replacing Terrakion with Lando) but again, I'll give it a go with various combinations of your suggestions. All-in-all, I think Megazard might actually be one of my problems; even with bulky D-Dance, he's tanky, but not that tanky, a far far cry from Clefable's standards (as well as adding to my Fairy weakness). Perhaps I could switch him, but then the issue becomes into what? I could try a bulky Steel like SD Mega Scizor or RP Megagross but that would land me with quite the Fire weakness. I could run Slowbro, but he might just turn into set-up fodder depending on what set I run him with. Mega Latias, but that wouldn't fix my Fairy weakness in the slightest...

EDIT: What about Scarf Heatran in place of Scarf Terrakion and Mega Altaria in place of Megazard X? Scarf Heatran really can wreck Fairies pretty well as well as check Mamo if I bring him in right, he destroys Ferro, Scizor, as well as being a less shaky suicide option for Megagross if worst comes to the worst. Also, Mega Altaria, with the more suitable Fairy support and Thundy's easy switch-forcing, can set up Cotton Guards and D-Dances easily, I was thinking of maybe a mono-attacking Cotton Guard, D-Dance, Roost Return set, if he gets 2 Cotton Guards up then he's taking a maximum of 36.1% from RP Megagross and can set up on it's face pretty nicely and sweep. I could adjust Thundy's Hidden Power accordingly too to match whatever I lack good coverage for.

Last edited:
Aye, he does. But Garchomp doesn't solve the problems my team has like Azu, Mega Venu, Lando, etc. Terrakion can learn Poison Jab as well. My issue isn't checks, I could always sac something to get a safe switch in to Terrakion if he still carried Jab, but nothing solid I could really directly switch in to a Fairy with minimal risk, nothing that could actually fight back anyway.

This is a really nice team you have here. I have to agree with Albacore about Skarmory being too passive for this style of team. If I may suggest adding a Tyrantiar+Excadrill core to your team. This core can handle some of your threats including Sylveon, Gardevoir, Megagross and check Greninja. Sand Rush Excadrill is really good in this current meta outrunning some big threats and still keeping rocks off the field for SR weak Pokemon. So I'd replace Skarmory with Tyranitar and Terrakion (who honestly has gotten worse in ORAS) with Excadrill.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Hope this helps :3

Huh, I honestly gave up on this team for quite some time, you guys were right about Scarm being too passive, as much as I tried it just never worked. I'll give that a go for sure, but I'm not sure about the supportive T-Tar though, I guess I probably should since replacing Scarm loses me a Rocker and a wall, but I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to get back on my old Banded T-Tar to deal with Landos (it was 200 HP / 188 Def / 122 Atk Adamant, so he tanks an EQ from threats like Lando or Excadrill and OHKOs in return [even at -1 it's a guaranteed OHKO on Scarf Landorus]). Would that be advised, or should I drop that and stick with the suggested spread? Thanks for the advise, man, I almost gave up on these guys. :]

Huh, I honestly gave up on this team for quite some time, you guys were right about Scarm being too passive, as much as I tried it just never worked. I'll give that a go for sure, but I'm not sure about the supportive T-Tar though, I guess I probably should since replacing Scarm loses me a Rocker and a wall, but I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to get back on my old Banded T-Tar to deal with Landos (it was 200 HP / 188 Def / 122 Atk Adamant, so he tanks an EQ from threats like Lando or Excadrill and OHKOs in return [even at -1 it's a guaranteed OHKO on Scarf Landorus]). Would that be advised, or should I drop that and stick with the suggested spread? Thanks for the advise, man, I almost gave up on these guys. :]
I'd definitely give my set suggestions a try and then test out BandTar and see which you like more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)