Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
  1. Does the game autosave at any point (besides doing so after beating Steven)? Especially during the Delta Episode?
  2. Does a Deoxys caught during the Delta Episode have a different met location than one caught after? What does it say?
Deoxys is said to have been captured at Sky Pillar if you catch it in Space the first time around.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Gotta ask here because the older sticky got locked.

99.9% Confirmed Shiny Lock: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (Logic being all have in depth cutscenes, and also that there was a post on Reddit where a user caught a normal Kyogre, but the dex entry appeared Shiny)
Shgeldz , what did you mean here? The reddit user found a shiny Kyogre, but the game showed it as non-shiny the whole battle/cutscene? So they AREN'T shiny locked, but we can't know until we catch them because of the cutscenes? Is that so?

Gotta ask here because the older sticky got locked.

Shgeldz , what did you mean here? The reddit user found a shiny Kyogre, but the game showed it as non-shiny the whole battle/cutscene? So they AREN'T shiny locked, but we can't know until we catch them because of the cutscenes? Is that so?
No I meant that they are shiny locked 99.99% surely, as the DEX entry showed it shiny, but the Pokemon itself was not shiny.

So... it was generated as shiny, the Pokédex detected it, but the shiny lock came into action and unshinified it? What a dick move.
That's one theory. The other is that the person accidentally banked over a shiny Kyogre, but there's no way of telling. In this line of work, it's easier to prove a lack of shiny lock than prove a shiny lock exists.

Is there a straightforward way of figuring out where all the Secret Bases on your Secret Base List are? I somehow Streetpassed 10-20 people and their Secret Bases appear on my PC, but I have no idea where any of them are, and checking every possible Secret Base location seems inefficient.

And speaking of Streetpassing, over half of my Passerbys are Japanese games, but I don't live anywhere near Japan (or Asia). Are Passerby local only or can they actually be wifi somehow?

Thanks!

Is there a straightforward way of figuring out where all the Secret Bases on your Secret Base List are? I somehow Streetpassed 10-20 people and their Secret Bases appear on my PC, but I have no idea where any of them are, and checking every possible Secret Base location seems inefficient.

And speaking of Streetpassing, over half of my Passerbys are Japanese games, but I don't live anywhere near Japan (or Asia). Are Passerby local only or can they actually be wifi somehow?

Thanks!
Check 'areanav' and 'bases'. It won;t show you exact locations, but it shows you which routes your currently unchecked bases are on.

Has information regarding the recent patch been revealed yet? Serebii is still stating various bugfixes and I think some people here are saying something about legendaries and shiny locks. All I have noticed is that you can now look left and right while sitting down on a bed or a bench, but that might've been something I overlooked before downloading the patch.

Also, is there any purpose for the money in this game? After stocking up on medicine and other necessary adventure items I feel as if it becomes useless since the loss of the Game corner and I don't think I can go clothes shopping like I could in Kalos either. So where can I go dump all this cash in, hopefully, a fun way?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Q: My newly caught/hatched/traded Pokémon has an [nature here] nature and [IVs here] IVs? Should I keep it?
This is so nitpicky I feel bad posting but there isn't a single nature that starts with a vowel so it should be a [nature here]

edit: I'm an idiot, but I still feel like it works better...

Last edited:
Does anyone know what city has a pokemart that sells heal balls? I'm gonna start resetting & most of these pokemarts don't seem to sell anything other than the standard pokeball, great ball, & ultra ball.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know what city has a pokemart that sells heal balls? I'm gonna start resetting & most of these pokemarts don't seem to sell anything other than the standard pokeball, great ball, & ultra ball.
Check my breeding/training thread. (This goes for tons of people posting in this thread.)

Has anybody been abe to get more than 1 leftovers? I have 5 lvl 100 pickup users and have been doing this for hours now. I know its only 1% of the out of all the times pickup activates (10% every battle), but this iz getting to be a bit much...

And i do want more than one lefties for singles...
Bumping this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)