Other OU Player of the Week #9: Tesung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by me

Welcome to OU's Player of the week, a thread where I interview well known players to gain insight on how they battle, as well as get to know some things about them. The goal of this thread is to have these high level players give insight to other players in this community in hopes of creating a better overall experience in the OU environment. As always, if theres someone youd like to see interviewed, feel free to shoot me a PM. So without further ado, lets get to it!

Tesung
Most Known For: Being one of the newest tourney players (wasn't too long ago I was a "ladder player"), being in smogtour finals right now, and overall being a creative and good builder in xy ou (I like to think)

Favorite Pokémon: Shaymin-S, cuz its adorable and fun to use. Was hoping they would let it stay for the beginning of XY, maybe we will get it for 7th gen

Most used Pokémon: In XY I would say Clefable is number 1, because it fulfills so many rolls, has so much utility, and is such a threat in itself. Starmie and Ferrothorn would probably be next. In BW I use other people's teams often, but when I have built my own I have used Volcarona a lot, as well as Starmie. In Dpp I never build my own teams but most of the teams I am willing to use have a Starmie.

Where did you get your name from?
> t is for terrific, which is terribly true. e is for excellent, i'm just too good for you. s is for superb, i'm simply the best. u is for unique, there is no contest. n is for next level, i make nothing but plays. g is for good game, i'll be winning for days

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
I play computer games at school when I'm bored, and one of my friends found one of the games in a teacher's files. I had played the games a bit as a kid, but I wasn't that into them. Anyways, for some reason I was googling something about a pokemon, and a smogon link came up. I read it and was like "wtf is a choice scarf." One night I clicked on a link to PS, and from there my competitive nature kicked in. A few months later I found forums, and that is when I really got into it.

What’s your stance on the team matchup issue?
I think it is there, but completely overblown. Yes, you can't prepare for everything, so there will be some things that threaten you. However, a well built team should be prepared for all things, and at least have a shot to win. I also think that people say it often when matchup isn't that bad. There are a few cases where it truly is just shitty luck, but especially for a tournament, where you have time to prepare for a specific opponent, you shouldn't lose at matchup often.

How do you feel about how ORAS plays compared to XY?
I haven't played that much ORAS, because I have been busy with school, work, and preparing for OLT and Tour. I have played some, and I think it isn't that different from XY, just with some new threats to take into account. It also seems to be similar in terms of ratio of playstyles, although I don't see that much hyper offense, which is probably more from the lack of spikers than anything else. It is harder for me to build ORAS, but that is most likely due to my lack of experience.

Oh and I also like more magic bounce because I have always hated defog, so it gives you another option.

Anything that stands out as being banworthy?
Greninja is the only mon that stands out as banworthy at all. It threatens so many things as well as being insanely fast. With that said, it can't fit everything, so one of a few mons will check it (think a core like Ferro + slowbro + Clefable, one of them will almost always beat it). It also lacks the bulk to switch in on anything, and hates all status. I haven't played enough to be sure, but I am leaning no ban just a tiny bit.

Favorite Generation of OU?
Xy. Rby, Gsc, and Adv I don't know very well. I enjoy Dpp, but I don't know the tier well enough to build succesfully, and I don't like the lack of team preview, as it limits your ability to make a plan. Bw is okay, but especially with Sand balance being the dominant playstyle by far in tours it kind of bores me. Xy has a lot of room for creative building, good diversity, and is in my opinion fairly balanced.

What’s your favorite playstyle and why?
I will basically play anything that isn't full stall. I suppose hyper offense is my favorite. It is the one I have the most fun using, and the one I first gravitated to when I began playing in BW and when I first started XY. WIth that said, in tourneys I am more likely to use balance, especially in current Xy because balance is the best playstyle due to stall being shit and lack of Deoxys. Balance also gives you more room for building, and allows you to play around threats better than HO. Semistall is also cool, but fairly hard to build. My favorite team ever, the one that carried me in tour was semistall (you can find it as team #16 here)

What have been your favorite and least favorite moments in Smogon Tour this season?)
My favorite was probably when I traced iron barbs on Dracomalfoy's ferrothorn and got him to not spin with starmie, because it looked like such a great play and was in fact stopping the Starmie from spinning hadn't even crossed my mind, I just didnt click mega. (replay) My other was hp grounding bloo's unrevealed heatran in Dpp; I knew his team so it wasn't as amazing as it looked, but I was still pretty happy about it. As for the worst moments, one was failing to get 1 point in Dpp in week 9, meaning I would be as I put it "bloo r2 fodder", although that turned out well. The other was definitely the confuse + hitting myself with terrakion, as I thought I had lost at that point, and didn't have an xy team I liked at the time.

What do you feel is your “Ace” Tier for this season?
If you mean spl, I will play oras ou. If you are referring to tour, XY ou is the tier I am most confident in, and the one I got the most points in in regular season. Its definitely the one everyone thinks of as my main tier. With that said, going 3-0 in playoffs in dpp has certainly been nice and a surprise to pretty much everyone, myself included.

Do you have any advice for people who want to try out for SPL teams?
First of all, don't be annoying, and don't talk shit to the person who is trying you out, if you make good plays they will notice.. If you pester them about playing, they will not want to be on a team with you. The other thing is that most people who make a team will have established themselves beforehand; people are not usually willing to take a risk on someone who randomly played well in tryouts. That doesn't mean to give up on trying out; I got onto an spl team despite being unknown. But if you don't make it, that doesn't mean you are bad, just do other shit to get noticed (olt, smogon tour, ost are great options) and hopefully your time will come.

Do you have any advice for newer players, and for Smogon in general?
It depends on what you want, but assuming you want to be good at Ou/tournaments, the answer is really just to play. People don't become good out of nowhere, I laddered hard in the beginning of XY. People may trash ladder but it is still a good place to practice. My other advice is to look at replays of top player's games. I find it enjoyable first of all, but it also gives you a great insight into what top sets and mons top players are using. Finally, join tournaments. Most people struggle at first, but you need the practice to deal with the nerves and understand how the game is played at a high level. Oh and also don't try super hard to be friends with people, it will happen naturally.

What players do you look up to / are good friends with (tesung edit: or are unknown but will be good?/?
All my skype buddies are good friends of course, especially sugarhigh who has been nothing but cool to me despite meeting me when I was new and dumb. Players I look up to are Bloo, who manages to be incredibly consistent in a game where being consistent is nearly impossible. Mcmeghan is similar although doesn't quite match the level of consistency. Masterclass and Leftiez have both impressed me a lot as well. Iamgingy is a player who is competely unknown and very good. The Dragonknight is also very good when he isn't plowing freshman, and is the one person who I will let build for me in xy ou. And of course who could forget up and coming ben gay. Ben gay is so up and coming it is amazing. His team building is beautiful, as beautiful as he is up and coming. And of course don't forget the CTC counter Tokyo Tom, who is very good at BW. Oh and also Finchinator, he played amazing this tour and knows what he is doing in a lot of metas.

Finally, can you provide us a team that’s a good fit for this metagame and reflects your playstyle?

I haven't built any team I am proud of in ORAS, so here are two XY teams:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 96 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Substitute

hunt the king (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

the day awaits (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Direct Approach (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 172 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

a shade of doubt (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

recede (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

This is the team I used vs malfoy. It is a standardish balance based around a hawlucha sweep. Hawlucha is amazing in this meta, and with spikes even moreso. Gardevoir works great with it, because it does so well at weakening cores. The rest of the team is just balance. Heatran and landorus T have their roles reversed, which gives me surprise factor and makes me stronger vs shit like scizor, pinsir, terrak, etc. Ferro has spikes of course because spikes are amazing. And lastly there is greninja because its fast and strong and kills shit and appreciates spikes. It has weaknesses for sure, but it is great at pressuring shit while having a core to rely on.

travesty (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

false allegations (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Psychic

thlurp (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

tongue tide (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

silhouette of a stalker (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Ashehole (Venusaur-Mega) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 224 HP / 208 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

This team was built for soulwind, but I didn't have to use it, so I was able to use it vs gr8astard in olt. Lando Keld tar, the legendary bw core works fairly well in this meta, because most teams are weak to landorus. Heatran + clef+venu are a great defensive core. Knock off on venusaur is nice for annoying all shit, espeically heatran. Heatran acutally loses to clefable with no lefties. Twave cm clefable isn't super common, but its an amazing set. It allows it to check and not be setup fodder for a bunch of shit, and beat a lot of its counters.

Thanks for reading guys, will answer any and all questions not related to my sister

---

So there it is. If you have any questions for Tesung, leave them down below. I'd like to thnak him once again for doing this, and see you next week!

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
hey tesung, nice naming technique you got there
1. Explain the IVs on MVenu
2. Do you remember me as someone you smashed in a tour(idr which tour)
3. What's with your sister being mentioned here? Is she on smogon too? Explain in 3 big paras n.n
4. Did you help ben gay get the cat out of dish washer

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats on the player of the week dude, and thanks for the shoutout!

1) Did you change anything (mindset, play style, etc.) before ST/OLT to develop into the player you are now?

2) As someone who considers themselves as a "ladder player", do you think there is unfair bias against "ladder hero" type players from the tournament players? Do you have any advice for players from the ladder to adapt to tournament play?

3) Rank the following users in terms of TagPro capability:
  • Tesung
  • FLCL
  • Omfuga
  • Callofshit
  • Bouff
  • Shake
  • Tokyo Tom
  • The DragonKnight
  • Dallaren
4) As a former Dracomaster, what are your thoughts about clan: Heavenly Dragon Gods? Would you consider joining?

5) Did you ever even consider the thought of using the XY Rain team TDK built for ST playoffs that carried literally nothing to take advantage of Rain?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I rarely see you speak on issues but when you do they usually address everything that needs to be said. Where do you draw the line to speak out on discussion that is overly stupid? Such as the ORAS Tiering Discussion where people were talking about the potential of suspecting Magnet Pull lol.

Top 5 Underrated mons that people should use more but don't. Also if possible 3 sets that you believe are underrated but the community believes is shit.

When matchup issues do arise what's your mindset in overcoming that?

Did you bribe Clone to go before Ben Gay this week?

Outside of OU and Tours is there anything else you're particularly fond of or have interest in to get involved with in the future?

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
.-.

---

couple of questions from me, in order of importance:

as someone who has always "struggled" (I put it in quotes because Im either hit or miss - ill get to that in a sec) to build effective teams, how do you determine when a team can be tweaked to perform well, and when a team just needs to be scrapped entirely? I would appreciate a more in depth answer on this because its something that I find myself struggling with and is something that Ive seen others struggle with as well.

If you pester them about playing
What do you feel constitutes "pestering"? I know youre not a manager but Im sure you can give me a rough idea (hopefully :$)

Do you find it easier to build a team yourself then go to friends for help, or to start off building with friends?

Favorite Cores to build around (you dont have to answer this if u feel itll give stuff away)?

Favorite new Megas based on A) Design, B) Performance, and C) "Surprise" Factor?

why no avatar?

also gl in tour fren, im rooting for you =]

Last edited:
Reactions: AM
Tesung I've messaged you before (thanks for responding btw, a true fren) but I gotta say again that you're one of my favorite OU players, congrats on your come up and gettin' the light shined on you!

Could you go in depth on your teambuilding process? You're a creative dude (Archeops in Ou hello???) and a great builder that I'd love to learn from, any guidance is appreciated

Clone

Free Gliscor
PSA: Please stop asking me about interviewing ben gay. I've talked with him about this and he said he'll do it when he's ready to. So I, and everyone else, should respect his wishes. I would appreciate it if you guys would PM me about interviewing other players instead of Ben.

I just needed to get that off my chest. Enjoy Tesung's answers, I'm sure that they'll be interesting.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
who makes the best dpp teams?
if bkc is the DPP icon, Bloo is the BW icon, then are you the XY icon?
how old is your sister?
if you win tour will you act like you're better than me?
wanna know something bout my right arm?
do i have the best nicknames for teams?

How did you adapt from playing on ladder to tournaments?

Are there any ladder players left that you think can do well in tournaments?

Why are u so lucky at this game?
Why are u so mediocre at haxball?
Thoughts on a certain catdog?
Who is the better ben?
When will the jew takeover happen?
Would u have sex with a textbook?
Rank your top 3 indians.
Finally what would u change in the current ORAS metagame and don't pussy out with just greninja?

Been friends with u for a long time and quite happy ure finally getting the acknowledgments u deserve, just like pete :>
Hope u continue with ure success good luck in smogtour finals and in spl frend.

FREN *-* thanks for the s/o buddy nice to see you succeeding in tours like you should be n_n. Ever since I saw you beat Tox with that yummy rain last spl I've had major respect for you so im glad i can call you fren now. Anyways....
1) What was your driving force for success in the past few months?
2) Opinions on Ashee Maree and Natalie Dormer
3) Will you ever be needed in crew tour....
4) How confident are you going to the final rounds of OLT and the finals of STours?
5) Explain how important is to have a friend base in community such as this n_n

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
finally someone i talk to on a semi regular basis :]

1. What is your ethnicity?
2. Do you think I have a decent chance on making it on US West for WCOP?
3. Favorite Mega in ORAS?
4. Most underrated Mega in ORAS?
5. In the future rounds of OLT, who will be the toughest to face?

why can't i see ur sister?
hey tesung, nice naming technique you got there
1. Explain the IVs on MVenu
2. Do you remember me as someone you smashed in a tour(idr which tour)
3. What's with your sister being mentioned here? Is she on smogon too? Explain in 3 big paras n.n
4. Did you help ben gay get the cat out of dish washer
1. An advanced technique only elite players know about. Just kidding, it is an accident from when it was Hp fire venu, I should change that.
2. I remember everyone as someone I smashed in a tour.
4. I left him to do that, he as an up-and-coming cat dishwasher remover

Do you like bananas?

Okay, real question - are you gonna be as op as you were last spl? lookin forward to your oras performance :)
I am neutral on bananas
Can't predict my future performance, KACAW
Congrats on the player of the week dude, and thanks for the shoutout!

1) Did you change anything (mindset, play style, etc.) before ST/OLT to develop into the player you are now?

2) As someone who considers themselves as a "ladder player", do you think there is unfair bias against "ladder hero" type players from the tournament players? Do you have any advice for players from the ladder to adapt to tournament play?

3) Rank the following users in terms of TagPro capability:
  • Tesung
  • FLCL
  • Omfuga
  • Callofshit
  • Bouff
  • Shake
  • Tokyo Tom
  • The DragonKnight
  • Dallaren
4) As a former Dracomaster, what are your thoughts about clan: Heavenly Dragon Gods? Would you consider joining?

5) Did you ever even consider the thought of using the XY Rain team TDK built for ST playoffs that carried literally nothing to take advantage of Rain?
1. I don't think I changed too much. It was mostly getting experience in tours to allow me to choke less and play aggressively. I also watched a lot of games of top players, and noticed the way they played.

2. I think there is an unfair bias, considering everyone starts off as a ladder player. People say shit like "the ladder is trash", which is true to a large extent. However, this isn't the fault of good ladder players, which certainly exist. As for adapting to tourneys, I would just say to get experience, and not brag and shit. Tele, for example, isn't a bad player, and wasn't a bad user either. Then he was bragging a bit, some tourney players got annoyed with him, and then they went back and forth creating nothing but annoyance for everyone, and making Tele kind of an outcast in the tourney scene.

3. I'm gonna add in Wepwn also cuz he is a legend
1: Tesung, I am literally jesus
2: Shake, he is selfish and trash at defense, but his offensive potential takes him over the rest of the plebs
3: The DragonKnight, his A game is the best of anyone, and great when we don't wanna drop him on his fucking neck
4: Omfuga, could be higher but he is always hibernating
5: FLCL, his defense is great and he is the ultimate TDK supporter, but he is about as threatening as an ALomamola offensively
6: Calloflochie, he would be higher but he always loses cuz his teammates are useless trash, huh
7. Dallaren, Only one spot under lochie I guess they are basically equals. Nah but the player known for being horrible is very bad, but manages to not be the worst somehow
8. Wepwn, Not helpful, at least he doesn't get in the wat
9. Tokyo Tom, Often in the way, says he lags on his own host OK
10. Bouff, singlehandedly made everyone appreciate Dallaren

4. If only they would take me back

5. Politoed is such a big threat in itself, who needs rain. It still beats the 5mon team I used vs soulwind for g3 of olt

Will do more later, lots of homework

why did tokyo tom get a shoutout when i'm superior in every way, even as a far as not being canadian?
did you really think a sugarhigh team would perform well in ur semis game, or was there some dare i wasn't in on?
how did u become such a poet? that name portion was spot on

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
How are you enjoying the tour scene so far? Who has influenced you the best as a player and why?

1.) What should you shoot for when you're trying to decide how much you're going to ladder?

2.) How do you get around <1500 ladder, where teams always seem to run some unviable mon like sash sharp or sash agility diggs that always beats your team?

3.) What balance should there be between Favorite vs. Viable? I mostly see new players on the extreme left, ladder heroes/decent players on the extreme right, and household-name players somewhere in the middle. Does this seem about right?

4.) Should real money be awarded to the winners of official tours?

I rarely see you speak on issues but when you do they usually address everything that needs to be said. Where do you draw the line to speak out on discussion that is overly stupid? Such as the ORAS Tiering Discussion where people were talking about the potential of suspecting Magnet Pull lol.

Top 5 Underrated mons that people should use more but don't. Also if possible 3 sets that you believe are underrated but the community believes is shit.

When matchup issues do arise what's your mindset in overcoming that?

Outside of OU and Tours is there anything else you're particularly fond of or have interest in to get involved with in the future?

1. I am generally lazy, so I don't often post unless I see truly ridiculous shit. It also depends on my workload with school, at the time I didn't have much so I felt it was worth it. It also depends on how dumb the posts are, so when people post ridiculous shit like a decent mon should be banned (or its ability) I feel compelled to act. I used to be much more active in ou subforum but I kind of tired of it, I wish I and more people were, it would be cool if it was more like the lower tier subforums.

2. Remind me to answer this after I play masterclass for tour

3. My mindset is to play it like I would any other game, for the most part. If I think my opponent has an advantage, I tend to play much more aggressively, because I have to to win and also because they are more likely to play safe. I also focus on what I have that can put in work and abusing that, because there is almost always something

4. I bribed Mcmeghan to not defend his Bf

5. Rmt is something I would in theory like to be involved in, but again my laziness strikes. The lack of strong teams posted makes that hard, but that is the community's fault. I tried to get into analysis writing in the beginning of the gen, but didn't particularly enjoy it. I have also dabbled in most tiers, especially UU and Ubers. Finally, I played mafia games for a while back in the spring and those were fun, I may get back into those if its not a tournament heavy part of year
.-.

---

couple of questions from me, in order of importance:

as someone who has always "struggled" (I put it in quotes because Im either hit or miss - ill get to that in a sec) to build effective teams, how do you determine when a team can be tweaked to perform well, and when a team just needs to be scrapped entirely? I would appreciate a more in depth answer on this because its something that I find myself struggling with and is something that Ive seen others struggle with as well.

What do you feel constitutes "pestering"? I know youre not a manager but Im sure you can give me a rough idea (hopefully :$)

Do you find it easier to build a team yourself then go to friends for help, or to start off building with friends?

Favorite Cores to build around (you dont have to answer this if u feel itll give stuff away)?

Favorite new Megas based on A) Design, B) Performance, and C) "Surprise" Factor?

why no avatar?

also gl in tour fren, im rooting for you =]
1. Hmm. Generally when I build an effective team its because I have an idea that comes naturally, often in class or whatever when I'm not trying to build. If I like my idea enough, I will try very hard to get it to work. Usually this is some lesser used mon or a different moveset. From there, I will try a lot of different combo's of more standard mons and sets in order to build the team. Then I usually test it, and as some friends can confirm half the time after I test I say fuck this team is retarded. When it seems too shitty to be fixable, or too weak to a few common threats, I will scrap it then. If I feel like the idea behind the team or the team itself is doing decently in tests, I will keep working with it. Idk if this answered your question exactly, but I guess the point is to test it and see if you feel like you have a good chance against most other teams, and to try different combos if you have a good idea.

2. Asking to play is NOT pestering, so don't be worried about that. It is more like asking to play continuously if they say no, pming them a bunch after if they haven't expressed interest. There aren't any exact definitions, just don't be overly eager and accept if they say no about something. Most people shouldn't struggle with this

3. I like to build with friends in theory but I feel too strongly about my ideas so it never really works, I usually end up disagreeing with it unless I build it almost entirely myself

4 I don't wanna get to specific, but I generally don't build around cores, I build the cores around whatever innovation or new thing I wanna try is.

A: Rayquaza lookin nice
B: Lopunny is really good and fun to use, and sableye is just disgusting
C: I think beedril is cool and super effective sometimes

6: Secret:o
thx buddy
Tesung I've messaged you before (thanks for responding btw, a true fren) but I gotta say again that you're one of my favorite OU players, congrats on your come up and gettin' the light shined on you!

Could you go in depth on your teambuilding process? You're a creative dude (Archeops in Ou hello???) and a great builder that I'd love to learn from, any guidance is appreciated
Thx
Hmm i already kind of elaborated on this before, but usually I pick something that is underrated or uncommon (for example, cm twave cm clef) I struggled with that one for a while, I was sure it was good but most of my builds failed. I wanted to pair it with something that appreciated para-ed fire types and lured in heatran and knocked its lefties. Roost sd mega zor seemed obvious, so I used that. I tried a bunch of balance/semistall cores around that, but they all ended up weak to soemthing, usually lando i, zard x, venu, or keld. I was considering ditching it, but then I had the idea of using knock off venusaur. It appreciates crippleled fire mons too. Anyways, from there heatran seemed like a natural addition to stop sd zor, zardx, etc. From there I figured keldeo+ lando+ ttar, a core I had been working with in xy would fit well. Ttar rks some key threats like pinsir (still a problem) And traps latis which all my mons appreciate. Lando and keld are both slowish, so they appreciate the twave sypport. The sets fell into place, with rp lando making me stronger against offense.

who makes the best dpp teams?
if bkc is the DPP icon, Bloo is the BW icon, then are you the XY icon?
how old is your sister?
if you win tour will you act like you're better than me?
wanna know something bout my right arm?
do i have the best nicknames for teams?
1. I seem to still be lacking a dpp team for a certain tournament match comin up soon, so I guess we will see
2. Didn't know gens had icons, but I gotta give it to tele for innovating using clefable and heatran on the same team
4. "act"?
5. Yes, please share
6. Of course, who else would think to name their pokemon after songs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)