Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block / Safeguard
- Play Rough

An entry hazard stacking core pushed me to build an offensive team. Instead of Calm Mind Klefki I chose the Ubers Specially Defensive moveset to easily pivot in and out (mainly against Greninja). Greninja is a huge nuisance to offensive teams. It's a nuisance to all teams because its broken but offensive teams lack defensive backbones to rely on. I also chose Rock Polish + Swords Dance Landorus-Therian because it's criminally underrated and it has the ability to destroy teams late game because most teams are unprepared. Keldeo was added because it's insanely strong and it's even better with Choice Specs equipped. Keldeo also covered the cores weakness to Fire, Ice, and Water-type moves. The team had no glaring type weaknesses at this point, so I added Bisharp to help prevent hazards from being removed with Defog. Now I needed Stealth Rock support. Garchomp is probably the best / most popular Stealth Rock setter for offensive teams because of its versatility, bulk, and defensive typing. The team had a Fairy and Ice-type weakness so I thought to add a powerful pokemon that was able to take a resisted ice or fairy attack. Mega Metagross was the mon' for the job. It's performed extremely well in tandem with Keldeo and Garchomp. All three do a great job of eliminating and weakening walls so Landorus-Therian can sweep late-game. I'm interested to read your thoughts on this team.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
LeoLancer came through for you.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance / Low Kick

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block / Safeguard
- Play Rough

An entry hazard stacking core pushed me to build an offensive team. Instead of Calm Mind Klefki I chose the Ubers Specially Defensive moveset to easily pivot in and out (mainly against Greninja). Greninja is a huge nuisance to offensive teams. It's a nuisance to all teams because its broken but offensive teams lack defensive backbones to rely on. I also chose Rock Polish + Swords Dance Landorus-Therian because it's criminally underrated and it has the ability to destroy teams late game because most teams are unprepared. Keldeo was added because it's insanely strong and it's even better with Choice Specs equipped. Keldeo also covered the cores weakness to Fire, Ice, and Water-type moves. The team had no glaring type weaknesses at this point, so I added Bisharp to help prevent hazards from being removed with Defog. Now I needed Stealth Rock support. Garchomp is probably the best / most popular Stealth Rock setter for offensive teams because of its versatility, bulk, and defensive typing. The team had a Fairy and Ice-type weakness so I thought to add a powerful pokemon that was able to take a resisted ice or fairy attack. Mega Metagross was the mon' for the job. It's performed extremely well in tandem with Keldeo and Garchomp. All three do a great job of eliminating and weakening walls so Landorus-Therian can sweep late-game. I'm interested to read your thoughts on this team.
LeoLancer this was another one of the teams that Rob had me test out and if I remember correctly was the one who suggested Heal Block on Klefki to help the issue it had with some recovery pokemon such as M-Slowbro incase you're wondering. I interchanged between that and Safeguard as I found Safeguard gave me a bit of breathing room in letting my partners not have to worry about status. I wasn't exactly too fond of Double Dance Landorus-T because after some testing I found the set up sweeper that had more consistency was M-Metagross as it secured me a handful of wins with its Agility/Rock Polish set. If going this route Scarf Lando-T is a suitable replacement. I think in theory the team had issues with a lack of a very strong special attacker especially those to break M-Slowbro and M-Sableye more easily outside of Keldeo who can only break the latter. Some other options include Gravity Earth Plate Lando-T to further enhance hazard damage, Magnet Rise Klefki, and Pursuit Bisharp. Anyways I did have ton of fun with this team and this is coming from a guy who doesn't particular enjoy playing offense.

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok, so I was bored during class, and I was wondering how to make my old TogePass team work in ORAS. Ampharos was too slow now with the advent of blazing fast megas (+2 Amph can only outspeed Greninja by 1 point). So a random SFD core just popped into my head, and (at least on paper) it seems to be decentish, so I'd like to request a team around it.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe
Bold Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Baton Pass
-Roost

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow -> Lightningrod
EV's: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Substitute

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-Ancientpower

Physically Defensive Togekiss to check Lopunny, Gallade, Lati@s lacking Tbolt, Sceptile, etc. NastyPass as this was the point of the core, Air Slash for a spammable attack, Roost for reliable recovery, nothing new here. EV's can be tailored to live one Thundurus Tbolt if it doesn't already, as lategame a pass to Sceptile could be really clutch. Sceptile is standard Sub Attacker, I wasn't sure which set was best to use, but can you imagine a +2 Sceptile behind a Sub? I mean, come on. Scarf Heatran is great for the HUGE Ice weakness, and it also provides a check to Talon who is annoying to the previous 2 mons. I decided for Timid over Modest so I can outspeed Weavile (if Timid doesn't outspeed Weavile I swear....Btw I don't have access to PS! right now and I don't feel like going anywhere else to find stats, so yeah :/) What sucks is that Celebi outclasses Togekiss as a NastyPasser in like every way possible. Luckily, Sceptile and Celebi don't have the greatest synergy, with the double Grass, double weak to U-Turn, etc. Togekiss has a bit more synergy with Sceptile (albeit a small amount) as Sceptile handles the Electric attacks which Toge lures in for Sceptile to get a free Sub or +2 on.

Heatran is the most replaceable on this core, but I would like to have the Toge/Sceptile core still there in the team, it seems to fit to me (idk I usually do things on random impulses, especially when I build teams). So yeah, I would appreciate a team on this, doesn't matter who does it, any one of you that has the spare time to build it is great, so good luck and thank you!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that sets are fully susceptible to change, I'd just like Togekiss's set to remain similar so that the whole NastyPass thing is still untouched. Also, I would like that to not be the main focus of the team, but rather a neat bonus to using Togekiss on the team, if I'm making any sense. If I'm not, ignore what I just said and build however you wish :I

Last edited:
When XY OU first started I ran a balance squad that featured defensive M-Venu with scarfed Rotom-W and LO Talon that would wear the other team down for a SD Aegi sweep. I rotated the other two mons between sash Mamo, banded Mamo, LO Latios, AV Ttar, AV Goodra, and Mandibuzz, but never really felt like I found the perfect compliments to this team. Now that Aegi is banned, I've also had difficulty finding a set-up mon that could switch-in and threaten teams immediately, take hits/immunites, and devastate teams after one set-up. I recently tried making this team without a set-up mon, and used dual screens Klefki and LO Latias, but unsurprisingly it didn't do well.
When I attempt to teambuild I always try to maximize typings for STABs and immunities, but that often leads to me forgetting to include hazard support/removal. I really liked the M-Venu and Rotom sets, so I guess you could say that is the "core" I'm requesting, but really I'm just interested in how to get better at teambuilding, because I feel like I'm pretty solid when it comes to actual gameplay.
The sets:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

and here is the Talon and Mamo sets I felt were most effective (Talonflame had max speed to deal with Pisnir back in the day):
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

These are the pokemon i would like to use as a core. Metagross and azumaril are both primary attackers while metagross can take some big hits. Heatran is the sp. attacker. I have really wanted to make a team involving megagross but lack the experience to make an effective one. You can change any of the moves you want and if one of these mons really fits poorly please feel free to change it! I really appreciate the help guys so thanks a lot!

Gave you quite a bit to work with. The goal is to take out all of Metagross' checks and counters, then clean house with him. He also wrecks faries, so DD Dragonite works well as a secondary sweeper. Greninja snipes miscellaneous threats, and Rotom is there to deal with the likes of Talonflame and Slowbro. I'd prefer to keep Metagross and Greninja, but Dragonite and Rotom are replaceable.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Timid Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/Grass Knot

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Extremespeed

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rest

Last edited:
I just wanted to say I think this is great! Especially for someone like me, who isn't familiar enough with battling to create a team, but has specific pokemon they like and know work well together.'
Rather than a new request, I want to second a request for the FWG core with mega-sceptile, talonflame, and azumarill

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry for the delay everyone! i have some squads ready for a few of you, and i'm sure that rob. and theender will deliver with more teams soon :]

Celticpride:

printer jam (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

no matter what (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

greed (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]

from memory (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

she lied (Bisharp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

talk me down (Garchomp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

this is a variant of one of my megagross offense squads. i started with the megagross + subcm keldeo core you requested. this was a nice n powerful core, but it tended to have problems when facing off megabro, which could tank literally anything the core threw at it and set up for free. other faster threats, such as genger and greninja, posed additional problems due to their ability to outrun both core members (assuming metagross has not mega evolved yet in genger's case) and threaten them with the 2hko at worst. to resolve these issues, i decided to use a twave + np + hp flying thundurus as the team's third member. this decision also gave the team a semi-reliable means of taking out mega venu and amoonguss. afterwards, i added scarf landoge in to give the team a reliable revenge killer and excadrill check. intimidate helps the team switch around, which is rather convenient overall. bisharp was added to pursuit-trap the lati twins, which checked keldeo and dgaf about anything thundurus could throw at them besides a boosted hidden power flying or thunder wave. lum chomper is this team's sr setter and momentum grabber due to its ability to reliably beat sableye (+2 earthquake ohkos 252 / 252+ sableye and 2hkos 252 / 252+ mega sableye).

the nicks came from mistabishi's album drop, which i was listening to while building this team.

---

hey yal: / Armanyte:

brave bird (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

brave bunny (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

brave jukain (Sceptile) (F) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

brave doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

brave pony (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

brave dragon (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish

your two requests were extremely similar, so i consolidated both of them into one nice n bulky offense team. i started with the combined talonflame / azumarill / mega jukain core, which i tweaked a bit from your original requests. this core's use of 2 powerful priority sources and a fastmon allow it to do quite some work against offense. while the original two versions of the core faltered a bit against stall, i fixed that issue just by making the talonflame a bulk up variant. from looking at these 3 mons, i found that they appreciated having a safer way to get into the game than directly switching them into attacks, so i elected to use landorus-t and cobalion, which formed a fast volt-turn core between themselves, which is pretty handy. landorus-t gives the team some insurance against boosting sweepers and sand offense, while cobalion gives the team a much-needed steel-, rock-, dragon-, and dark-type switch-in, as well as a sneaky pebbles setter and tyranitar / bisharp check. finally, due to the team's use of volt-turn and talonflame, i needed a way to remove the pebbles from the field. enter latias: with defog, she fits the bill, but she also gives to the team healing wish support, which can mean the difference between a victory and a loss. also, with cobalion on the team, i don't need to worry as much about bisharp.

nickname system for this team is: brave [descriptor term]

---

Bubble Head:

heroes (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

red sky (Bisharp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

connected (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

light speed (Gengar) (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

numbers (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

the journey (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

the gallade / bisharp core is best fit on offense rather than balance, so i made you a bulky offense team. as for the mons themselves, they're simple enough. the gallade + bisharp core does work against many team archetypes, so it provided a great starting point for the rest of the team. however, i found myself not using pursuit all that often, so instead, i replaced it with swords dance to give bisharp the ability to trash mega slowbro and mega sableye, which would otherwise wall mega gallade. since flyspam would otherwise be a problem for this core, i added in rotom-w to give the team a pivot that can beat up on common flyspam mons while retaining momentum for the rest of the team. i followed that up with genger, which gave the team immediate power against stall and the predominant oras mega evolutions found on these kinds of teams (sableye, slowbro, altaria). i understand that you preferred not to have legendaries on your team, but when i was building this team, i found no better alternative than landorus-t for the role of this team's choice scarfer thanks to its wonderful combination of speed, power, and bulk (thanks in no small part to intimidate). u-turn access and a ground immunity is another perk that made choosing it a natural choice. clefable takes up the last slot here because it's one of the few sr setters that boasts the ability to beat mega sableye (read: an issue for mega gallade) 1v1. having the ability to check so many pokemon because of its fairy-typing is just icing on the cake.

the nicks originate from john b's album light speed.

you can start posting requests again as soon as theender and rob. post some of the teams they've built.

Last edited:
Ok so I am back with a request for a team to be built around a core I have started to like.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

So the mons in this core synergize well, and thanks to scarf T-rak I can still kill some mons with higher speed. (Most notably Greninja.) But basically the two mons rolls are Celebi is full on support to heal burns and any other status that comes terrakion's way. Terrakion's job is to bring some offense to the table and pick off celebi's threats. The one other thing I like about this core is that Terrakion isn't fully weak to birspam and he also deals with a lot of pursuit trappers by getting a baton pass switch from celebi and justified activating. thx if you build you can run more speed on celebi which is probably the better idea this Is just what I was using at the time. I guess sub sd t-rak could work but I prefer the speed.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpE / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- HP Fighting

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpE / 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Sucker Punch / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpE / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

Please take my request last. I really don't want you to do mine until everyone else's is done.
Requesting a team built around these three Pokemon. Ive been trying to use Mega Pidgeot for a long time, since it's got a fantastic Speed tier and its 100% accurate Hurricanes are nothing to mess around with. I've thrown together a quick team, but I've been stuck around 1500 since it looses to common threats. The main thing is, I need a check to Greninja, since this core gets pretty hurt by it. I also need a Stealth Rocker and a Defogger. I was using Ferrothorn as a Stealth Rocker, but that still lost pretty easily to Greninja since a lot of them carry HP Fire.
Thanks a lot for the help :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr
Question...people are posting requests again but I see the topic is still marked closed. I'm assuming requests are still close then unless I missed something? Also that Bubblehead Gallade team looks a lot like my RMT in my signature minus Landorus lol.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpE / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn
- Defog / Roost

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpE / 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Sucker Punch / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpE / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

Please take my request last. I really don't want you to do mine until everyone else's is done.
Requesting a team built around these three Pokemon. Ive been trying to use Mega Pidgeot for a long time, since it's got a fantastic Speed tier and its 100% accurate Hurricanes are nothing to mess around with. I've thrown together a quick team, but I've been stuck around 1500 since it looses to common threats. The main thing is, I need a check to Greninja, since this core gets pretty hurt by it. I also need a Stealth Rocker and a Defogger. I was using Ferrothorn as a Stealth Rocker, but that still lost pretty easily to Greninja since a lot of them carry HP Fire.
Thanks a lot for the help :)
Just curious, wouldn't it make more sense to use nasty pass togekiss? I had a ton of success with nasty pass togetic to mega pidgeot back when it was still NU.
Edit: I'd throw on HP Grass in place of Defog, as mega pidgeot is almost always better off just attacking than supporting.

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
AM:
Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 144 Atk / 96 SpD / 172 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt
Going out from the original core and the given sets, I decided to change as little as possible. I kept all the movesets, and thus, Steel-types were a huge problem to face, especially Ferrothorn and physically defensive Mega Scizor. Another big threat to the core was Greninja, due to me wanting to run a lot of investment in Speed on Tyranitar. Outspeeding most Heatran and Mega Venusaur is a pretty huge feat for Smooth Rock Tyranitar, as it allows it to beat the former 1v1, and set up Stealth Rock against the latter. To patch up the Greninja weakness, and incorporate a way of beating Steel-types offensively, I added Assault Vest Kyurem-B. Not only is it a great switch-in to Greninja, but with Hidden Power Fire, it is one of the best lures to Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. To further patch up the Greninja weakness, and get a defensive clue capable of beating most offensively oriented Pokemon, Ferrothorn was added. It is one of the best defensive glue for offensive teams, as its great typing and bulk allows it to come in on even the stronger neutrally effective attacks. It is also capable of setting up Spikes, which allows the team to pressure bulkier teams. The last moveslot was hard to choose; the team had a serious weakness to Fighting-types, and needed a way of tearing apart Full Stall. My choice was Talonflame; while it doesn’t have nearly enough bulk to come in on the strong Fighting-types in the tier, it has the ability to take advantage of them, by using them as setup fodder with Swords Dance. However, I didn’t go with the standard dual STAB + SD + Roost set. To further pressure Full Stall, I opted for Taunt over Flare Blitz, as it stills beats most Steel-types 1v1.

NocturnalQuill:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Tailwind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Seeing as how the request was to make a team based around Mega Metagross sweeping, I decided to take the team in an offensive direction, as taking on Mega Metagross's checks can be very hard for balanced teams. As for Metagross's and Greninja's sets, I decided to make two changes to the ones that were posted originally; I went with Hammer Arm in the fourth moveslot on Metagross, as it allows it to pressure Ferrothorn and Skarmory without Counter. On Greninja, I decided to run Hidden Power Fire over Hydro Pump, becuase hitting Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn does a lot to open up for Metagross. To further break down Metagross's checks, I chose to use Focus Sash + Swords Dance Diggersby and Breloom, both of which are great for wallbreaking early game. When looking at the current team, Pokemon faster than Greninja stands out as threats. To make up for the rather slow offensive core of Diggersby + Breloom, I chose to run Choice Scarf Latios. Not only does it revengekill most of the relevant base 125 Speed and up Pokemon, but it also provides a great set of resitances, and gives the team a switch-in to Keldeo and Rotom-W. With the five given members, the team lacked a Stealth Rock setter, a way of dealing with Clefable with Flamethrower, Latios with Hidden Power Fire, and a Pokemon to switch into Mega Sableye. After going back and forth, my choice was offensive Air Balloon Heatran. Becuase of its access to Taunt, it is also great for breaking down bulky, annoying Pokemon such as Cresselia and Slowbro, who are otherwise kind of annoying to deal with.

Well gonna try a request since others dropped some.

Altaria @ Altarite
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed

Basically I'm looking to make a stall team around Mega Ataria. I know Sableye is the face of stall but I was trying to avoid building a stall team around him. Alteria makes a good cleric and can face Mega Sableye herself thanks to to Hyper Voice. Heal Bell let's her support the team getting rid of nasty status. Roost of course keeps her healthy while Flamethrower handles steels. I went with the Tentacruel+Chesnaught core since they cover each other's weaknesses well outside of Psychic. Tentacruel can stop Greninja while also spinning hazards. Chesnaught walls a lot of physical threats while putting Spikes on the field. This core has worked pretty well for me but I'm try to find a good est of last three members to finish this team. Also can I ask that Landorus-T not be used. I know he is rare on stall but overall I'm sick of seeing that thing. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is open or not, because on one hand the title says closed but on the other, there are teams being built. But I posted this in another thread, I have a small core here that helps take care of a lot of common threats. Mega Diancie is one of the best megas around, with insane offenses backed by pretty decent defenses. The goal of the core is to help Diancie set up. The diamond princess' biggest enemy are steel, water, and ground-types, and Ferrothorn helps to break the first two while being able to hold its own decently against grounds. But there is one mon that this core can handle that not many can - Greninja. Ferrothorn, with a Sassy nature and 168 EVs in SpD, is pretty much unphazed by any special move Greninja has to throw at it bar HP Fire. Protect lets it scout for moves and stall a bit. Greninja's only physical move that really does damage to Ferro is Low Kick, and the combination of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs will wear down the opposing Greninja really fast. Notably, the Rocky Helmet is its item, meaning that Magnezone can actually trap it. Ferrothorn can actually set up Leech Seed after one hit and then proceed to alternate Protect and at least cripple Magnezone for the rest of the match.

I originally had Magnezone in place of Ferrothorn, but so many threats tore straight through them. See: anything with Earthquake. Landorus-T in particular could outspeed both of them (unboosted diance) and do major damage with Earthquake. The metagame, my Ferrothorn included, to an extent, has prepared for Magnezone. Shed Shell Skarmory, Shed Shell Ferrothorn, Shed Shell everything.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

My apologies if it is indeed closed, I'm just kind of getting mixed messages. :P

I don't know if this is open or not, because on one hand the title says closed but on the other, there are teams being built. But I posted this in another thread, I have a small core here that helps take care of a lot of common threats. Mega Diancie is one of the best megas around, with insane offenses backed by pretty decent defenses. The goal of the core is to help Diancie set up. The diamond princess' biggest enemy are steel, water, and ground-types, and Ferrothorn helps to break the first two while being able to hold its own decently against grounds. But there is one mon that this core can handle that not many can - Greninja. Ferrothorn, with a Sassy nature and 168 EVs in SpD, is pretty much unphazed by any special move Greninja has to throw at it bar HP Fire. Protect lets it scout for moves and stall a bit. Greninja's only physical move that really does damage to Ferro is Low Kick, and the combination of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs will wear down the opposing Greninja really fast. Notably, the Rocky Helmet is its item, meaning that Magnezone can actually trap it. Ferrothorn can actually set up Leech Seed after one hit and then proceed to alternate Protect and at least cripple Magnezone for the rest of the match.

I originally had Magnezone in place of Ferrothorn, but so many threats tore straight through them. See: anything with Earthquake. Landorus-T in particular could outspeed both of them (unboosted diance) and do major damage with Earthquake. The metagame, my Ferrothorn included, to an extent, has prepared for Magnezone. Shed Shell Skarmory, Shed Shell Ferrothorn, Shed Shell everything.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

My apologies if it is indeed closed, I'm just kind of getting mixed messages. :P
I posted this exact core with rotom before so...

Happiness (Latias-Mega) (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

NUTS! (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Bomber (Talonflame) @ Sky Plate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
Hey, Fr33dom here. I am requesting a team that focuses on getting rid of dark types and then allowing CM Stored Power Mega Latias to sweep. This is where Chesnaught comes in. He switches in to any physical dark attacker and beats them one on one. And those which kill him, like Greninja, are taken care of Talonflae. Talon also sets up on practically any Fairy and proceeds to take out AT LEAST 2 other pokes.

I feel that this core has potential, but since I have tried, and failed, to make a good team around this core, I am turning to the Team Builder section to help me out.

Cheers,

Fr33dom

(On a side note, I have noticed that the title states that the Team Builder is closed, so I apologize if I was not supposed to post this)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Guys, as far as I know this is CLOSED (there was a post that i think got deleted) as they are way over their limit of 5 teams being built at a time. Please, quit slamming the thread with your requests and use common sense to see that they already are over their limit stated in their rules, and as a result you probably shouldn't post. The title is probably the best indicator, so until you SEE A POST THAT SAYS SHOP OPEN, DON'T POST CORES.

Also, its great to have a teambuilding shop thats not as...ghetto...or scrawny...as ctc's mess of a thread (filled with tryhards).

it's kinda tough to say...Trinitrotoluene said we can post cores as soon as TheEnder and rob. posted their teams. so the title says closed, and technically only 2 of the 3 required members have posted teams. This is why i haven't posted a core yet. but i could understand confusion... either way i'll just twiddle my thumbs in patience lol

canman98

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 240 SpA / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet

Here's bulky offense featuring Dragalge + M-Gyarados. Because of Drag's low speed it's forced to come in and force out defensive Pokemon like Clefable. Choice Specs forces you to rely heavily on prediction which isn't that bad because it'll force switches 90% of the time. Besides its low speed it's capable of functioning as an incredible nuke even at -2. M-Gyarados recieved Crunch so it's destructive power increased quite a bit because it has two STABs. It's an excellent wallbreaker that can weaken teams alongside Dragalge. M-Gyarados is easily able to eliminate special walls like Chansey, opening holes for Dragalge to decimate the opposing team. From here I decided to add some defense. The Ferrothorn + Slowbro defensive core is great and extremely easy to use because they cover each others weaknesses well, they also cover a ton of threats. From here I decided to add some offense. RP Landorus is criminally underrated, the extra speed allows it to challenge a bunch of Pokemon that should check/counter it. Azumarill is a staple on bulky offensive teams and for good reason. It's able to come in on many different threats and setup. I chose the Belly Drum moveset because it enables Azumarill to act as an unstoppable late-game cleaner. It has the perfect support in Landorus, Dragalge, and M-Gyarados, all mon's who should be able to weaken the opposing team enough for Azumarill to clean.

FookMi?

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earth Power

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Substitute

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Powerful core in Rotom-Wash, Heatran, and Celebi, because all of them cover each others weaknesses as well as covering a bunch of threats. From here I chose to add Mega-Gallade since it can benefit from Celebi's ability to pass substitutes. M-Gallade is just incredible and behind a sub it's even deadlier because it can easily boost its attack and pick teams apart mid/late-game. Choice Scarf Landorus-T works really well with the original core, it can also beat a few speedy threats to the team such as Greninja and M-Latias. Greninja is frankly broken because of its array of coverage moves and with a psuedo immunity to priority moves (behind a substitute) it becomes even harder to deal with for opposing teams. This is a standard balanced team featuring your standard core lol, which is why the description is a bit short.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok, since rob. has posted his teams for the thread, this is now open again. remember to read the rules in the op before submitting requests, k?

on that note, i'll update the op w/ the new teams soon enough.

Reactions: AM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)