Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

this is a programming question. apologies if there is a better place for this.

I'm trying to figure out how to mod Gen 1 Mimic so that a mimicked move does not reset back to Mimic after switching the user out. I'm obscenely ignorant, and naturally I can't just copy/paste later gen versions of Mimic (or Sketch) because they have other differences I don't want. I tried cross-referencing them in order to isolate what exactly makes the later gen ones permanent permanent, but I'm incompetent so it hasn't worked out.

Code:
mimic: {
        inherit: true,
        desc: "This move is replaced by a random move on target's moveset. The copied move has the maximum PP for that move. Ignores a target's Substitute.",
        shortDesc: "A random target's move replaces this one.",
        onHit: function (target, source) {
            var disallowedMoves = {mimic:1, struggle:1, transform:1};
            if (source.transformed) return false;
            var moveslot = source.moves.indexOf('mimic');
            if (moveslot === -1) return false;
            var moves = target.moves;
            moves = moves.randomize();
            for (var i = 0; i < moves.length; i++) {
                if (!(moves[i] in disallowedMoves)) {
                    var move = moves[i];
                    break;
                }
            }
            var move = this.getMove(move);
            source.moveset[moveslot] = {
                move: move.name,
                id: move.id,
                pp: move.pp,
                maxpp: move.pp,
                target: move.target,
                disabled: false,
                used: false
            };
            source.moves[moveslot] = toId(move.name);
            this.add('-start', source, 'Mimic', move.name);
        }
    },
any easy ways to do this? or is there a better place/person to ask? much appreciated

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
this is a programming question. apologies if there is a better place for this.

I'm trying to figure out how to mod Gen 1 Mimic so that a mimicked move does not reset back to Mimic after switching the user out. I'm obscenely ignorant, and naturally I can't just copy/paste later gen versions of Mimic (or Sketch) because they have other differences I don't want. I tried cross-referencing them in order to isolate what exactly makes the later gen ones permanent permanent, but I'm incompetent so it hasn't worked out.

Code:
mimic: {
        inherit: true,
        desc: "This move is replaced by a random move on target's moveset. The copied move has the maximum PP for that move. Ignores a target's Substitute.",
        shortDesc: "A random target's move replaces this one.",
        onHit: function (target, source) {
            var disallowedMoves = {mimic:1, struggle:1, transform:1};
            if (source.transformed) return false;
            var moveslot = source.moves.indexOf('mimic');
            if (moveslot === -1) return false;
            var moves = target.moves;
            moves = moves.randomize();
            for (var i = 0; i < moves.length; i++) {
                if (!(moves[i] in disallowedMoves)) {
                    var move = moves[i];
                    break;
                }
            }
            var move = this.getMove(move);
            source.moveset[moveslot] = {
                move: move.name,
                id: move.id,
                pp: move.pp,
                maxpp: move.pp,
                target: move.target,
                disabled: false,
                used: false
            };
            source.moves[moveslot] = toId(move.name);
            this.add('-start', source, 'Mimic', move.name);
        }
    },
any easy ways to do this? or is there a better place/person to ask? much appreciated
Because I'm on an ipad I can't type this out for you so here's what I would do. Replace source.moveset[moveslot] with "var mimicMove". Keep the equals sign and stuff in the brackets the same. Move the source.moveset bit to right above the source.moves bit (and set it equal to mimicMove instead of the brackets there), and right below where you moved the source.moveset type in: "source.baseMoveset[moveslot] = mimicMove;" (minus the quotes). This should help.

None of my standard passwords are accepted, so I'm sure the system deleted mine or changed for some reason. However, theres's no "forgot my password" option. How can I play?

None of my standard passwords are accepted, so I'm sure the system deleted mine or changed for some reason. However, theres's no "forgot my password" option. How can I play?
Admins (~) can reset your password as long as you provide some sort of proof the account was yours. Also, the system wouldn't have changed your password so you must have just forgotten.

Is there a way to put bubble letters in your username? (ex. ⒽⓌ) If there isn't, is there some sort of text that won't affect the username you put it on?

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't know where else to find the answers.

What exactly do the numbers on the ladder mean? I know how the ranking works, to an extent, but I can find any direct explanation of the others. If there is a place where they are listed and explained, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks. I actually remembered it now. :D
lol, not sure what I'd have to do to prove the account was mine... Glad I remember it, cause I'd probably have been screwed. xD

Now to just win a match so I can post in the chatrooms. ...That might take a week or two. xP

Is there an ETA on when the Pokedex jpegs of the new mons will be replaced with the models? Kinda sick of looking at it :/

EDIT: I didn't see a post of this kind earlier, my apologies if this has already been asked.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Hi! =3 I'm new and i was just wondering. when will the new 3D models for the new megas be done.? thank u!
When someone actually releases the animated versions of them, and we edit the palettes to have 16 colors such that we have less server lag.

Is there a location somewhere with the Black 2/White 2 Pokemon sprite icons? I wanted to change my avatar to Whimsicott but I dont know where to find its sprite (and I'm kinda tired of being a Tangrowth, too lol).

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is there a location somewhere with the Black 2/White 2 Pokemon sprite icons? I wanted to change my avatar to Whimsicott but I dont know where to find its sprite (and I'm kinda tired of being a Tangrowth, too lol).
Serebii has most sprites on their website as far as I know. And Google will get you pretty far, I assume. And to change it you go to your profile, click on your avatar and select the picture on your PC which you want to use as avatar.

Has PS been completely updated with the ORAS changes? Kingler learns Waterfall in ORAS but PS is still telling me it's illegal.

Hasn't Kingler been waiting long enough?

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Has PS been completely updated with the ORAS changes? Kingler learns Waterfall in ORAS but PS is still telling me it's illegal.

That's only because the Teambuilder client has not been updated yet. High Jump Kick was confirmed for Lopunny, but it still shows as illegal in the teambuilder. They should update it soon considering this is a known problem already.

You can still use it in a battle even though it shows as illegal in the teambuilder. As long as it does not give you an error saying it's illegal, you're fine.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Kingler doesn't learn Waterfall, HM07 is Dive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)