Resource Creative and Underrated Sets: ORAS Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, Read Post #419)

Status
Not open for further replies.

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I got the spread from Albacore's Mega Camerupt Balance team (I used it to try out mega camel before I built a team of my own with it). I'm not really sure but I think it is to outspeed slowbro?
Thanks, I'm using 88 evs in speed to outspeed slowbro and amoongus. I think you can outspeed some scarf pokemon.

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
Outspeed scarf pokemon? You mean major threats like scarf bonsly and scarf cleffa? And of course the amazing scarf gyro ball ferrothorn.
Seriously though what do you mean by that?
Sorry, some scarf paralyzed 'mons otherwise there is no reasons to run 96 evs in speed to outspeed slowbro.

Albacore:"thanks to the speed EVs I gave it, it can outspeed the entire paralyzed tier up to Scarfed Base 85s"

Last edited:
Latias is the one I have a (sort of) creative set: it's a spin off of the Defog one

Draco Meteor/Wish/Protect/Defog
252 HP
252 Speed
4 Special Attack.
It's more of a twist on the healing wish form of the Defog set...
The only issue with this set is you have to ask yourself: why use WishTect over Recover or Roost? Same net recovery, less likely to get stuck in a rut and frees up an extra slot for utility or coverage. With Latias's meh base HP, it's really not worth using it to pass Wishes, so what are you left with?

Mr. Hothead

formerly Salt2DaFeds
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

People seem to have trouble with a few pokemon with MMeta. These pokemon usually tend to be Skarmory, Air Balloon Heatran, and Rotom W. With Gravity, you negate 2 of the ground immunities and you get to easily OHKO Rotom W and probably 2HKO Skarm, making it a reliable way to take out MMeta's counters/checks. Of course it suffers against most bulky waters, but everything else will probably get obliterated. Basically this is great Rotom W, Skarm, Char Y, etc. answer. Since these pokemon arent uncommon they are usually on many teams. Honestly, I think this could possibly be one of the best Birdspam lures and Rotom W lures in the game, etc.

Basically this set only works as a way to stop Rotom W, Skarm, and other counters/checks+STAB coverage to take out the other types.

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 224-264 (75.9 - 89.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It takes out SpDef Rotom W with a tiny amount of chip damage.

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 136-160 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Obviously it wont take out Skarm fluently but if its around 30% chip damage then it will 2HKO on the switch. Then again Defensive Skarm tanks a lot of physical moves, so...

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 290-342 (97.6 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

OHKO's on the switch in, taking out a huge threat that is Char Y.

Basically it takes out the threats that can easily switch into it and so on. Its still walled by Bulky waters but MMeta will always be blocked by Bulky Waters no matter what unless you wanna use Grass Knot. But honestly this is good enough coverage to take out a decent amount of shit that threatens to fuck up MMeta.

So, thats it! I dont know if its gimmicky or anything, but go ahead and say if it is or not...

EDIT: Lets not forget about the decent amount of Steel Type Air Balloon users that also kinda cockblock MMeta. Excadrill, Magnezone, Heatran, etc.

Last edited:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return/Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Roost

I've recently been looking into something that can serve as a defensive check/counter to a lot of prominent OU threats, and it didn't take long to discover how amazing Altaria is at filling this role. This set serves as a defensive wall, terrifying setup sweeper, cleric and all-around nuisance that is one of the only pokemon in the game that can deal with both Mega Charizards with relative ease. Cloud Nine ensures that un-evolved Altaria will wall any Charizard Y set, while the defensive investment allows Mega Altaria to check/counter all of the following:

Adamant Zard X
Mega Gyarados
Mega Lopunny
Mega Gallade
Mega Sableye
Mega Heracross
Keldeo
Landorus-T
Garchomp
Conkeldurr
Breloom
Latios/Latias
Tyranitar

The speed investment allows Mega Altaria to outspeed Garchomp (more importantly landorus-i) at +1. Heal Bell sort of eliminates the need for Natural Cure, which I think is a good trade since being able to counter Modest Zard Y is a great thing. It also allows Altaria to set up freely on anything that relies on burning Altaria to stop a potential sweep, and bulky clerics are always nice to have anyway. This set isn't necessarily optimal for sweeping, even though it gets the job done on many occasions. Thus, building a team around this set as a late-game sweeper probably isn't the best idea, and you're most likely better off using defensive Mega Altaria for its supportive role. Don't get me wrong though, once the opponent's steels are removed, Altaria becomes a terrifying threat regardless of having no offensive investment.

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Altaria: 110-130 (31.1 - 36.8%) -- 75.1% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 157-186 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 23% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 124-148 (35.1 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Lopunny Return vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 127-150 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 140-166 (39.6 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 120-142 (33.9 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 130-154 (36.8 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Altaria: 125-148 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I would post a few replays, but most of them have been a one-man sweeping show against teams that simply aren't prepared for DD Return. I've yet to successfully build a team that really accentuates Altaria's defensive role, but it has easily proven its worth as a standalone threat that needs little support outside of a common steel-type team member that can take fairy/steel/poison attacks.

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Nothing too crazy, but a useful set nontheless. I never found tailwind/sd to be too useful. If I used tailwind, lando could come in and ruin my sweep. If I used swords dance, then the last standing greninja could revenge me. Every time I wanted to use tailwind, a ddance would have been sufficeint anyway. This set forgoes the ability to outspeed things like scarf keldeo or whatever with one boost in order to make char more self-sufficeint. All the fun of ddance, but it can also kill alomomola and the like.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
- Trick

There were a couple of matches where I was able to show how it works well but unfortunately replays are down so I'll just explain it a bit. Anyways this set is pretty customizable in terms of moves. I have Icy Wind to handle Scarf Lando-T and to slow down threats such as DDance Altaria, DDance Dragonite, general dragon dancers for partners to clean up afterwards which is the main reason why I used this move. Focus Blast hits Greninja, Scarf Excadrill (Can people please stop using this btw, it's terrible :I ), all the usual stuff really and some rare things that people have been using like Scarf Hydreigon for example. Shadow Ball is to clean up on bulky psychics and is overall just reliable STAB. Trick is to break stall and hinder defensive cores as well as your general set up sweepers and anything that hates being locked into a move.

Like mentioned sets pretty customizable to fit your needs in terms of coverage so move that around to fit your team. My advice when using this is to use this as a revenge killer or late game cleaner. That is where it shines the most and should also be used as a lure of sorts and to have a surprise advantage. So yeah that's scarf Gengar.
Is there any room to slash Dazzling Gleam?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Is there any room to slash Dazzling Gleam?
What does Dazzling Gleam hit that Gengar's STAB moves dont? I dont really know what Pokemon you are looking to target with that.
This pretty much. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are the two mandatory moves at the very least. From there it's basically coverage but Dazzling gleam pretty much hits nothing and if anything you're better off pairing it with something like M-Gardevoir and using Scarf Gengar to clean or cripple some of its offensive and defensive checks, defensive checks in the case you use TrickScarf. The only thing Dazzling Gleam would hit is Hydreigon but it doesn't have enough usage to warrant a slot as of now.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a forgotten lure from gen 5 which I picked up again recently, and it is working a treat :]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The reason that I chose Life Orb is so that I can guarantee a KO on Skarmory with the combination of Smack Down and Earthquake. The other moves are just standard. The EVs outpace adamant Excadrill. Basically what this set is designed to do is lure and KO Skarm by substituting Stone Edge with Smack Down so that you can then hit it with Earthquake on the following turn.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Torment
- Taunt
- Protect

I've been having a lot of fun with this set recently. There's a couple of things that you're able to do with this set. Firstly, with trick + choice scarf you can lock your opponent into the use of a single move and with shadow tag they're unable to escape. Torment prevents pokemon from using the same move twice in a row, so with trick + torment you're able to force the opponent to struggle, costing them 25% of their health each time. With protect, you're able to protect against the move they are locked into and just alternate between protect + taunt/torment so you only get hit by the struggle damage. With choice scarf you're guaranteed to trap and kill at least one pokemon since it locks them into a single move. The key is to be careful and play mind games as you don't want to switch in on a move that can 2HKO. The pokemon this set is most effective against are typically walls. Pokemon like Chansey/Skarm/Clefable/Ferrothorn/Sylveon/Chesnaught/Suicune/etc. typically only carry a single attacking move and thus fall prey to taunt + torment and so can be trapped and killed without the need of a scarf. Additionally you can run 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe in order to outspeed most Mews and give them a scarf which will hinder their performance throughout the game. Additionally those EVs will allow you to outspeed 0 Spe Skarmory without the scarf. Other things you can switch into are Latios after Draco Meteor, Klefki (which if setting up screens, you can use protect on struggle turns so that screens are gone when klefki dies), or any pokemon choice locked that can't 2OHKO (although you need to have tricked your scarf off to do this).

Due to the pokemon this set works best against as mentioned above, it generally works best on more offensive teams that need certain threats eliminated for a sweep (such as Chansey, Ferro, Skarm, etc.). The EV's can also be altered to fit your needs. If you need to get rid of more threats that are specially oriented then investing into SpD would be more optimal, and in order to outspeed certain threats investing into Spe more. Again this varies from team to team so there is no set spread you should run- it should be spread to fit your team needs. I generally run def because of Ferro/Chesnaught and pokes such as Clefable/Sylveon/Suicune/etc don't hit that hard on the other side of the spectrum unless they already have a couple CMs up and Gothitelle has higher base SpD than Def, although I should probably do some more calculations to get a more optimized spread.

Replay examples:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192838788
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192859062

I misplayed a little in the second one when staying in on the u-turn but I think it still gets the point across. You just want to avoid getting leech seeded if you're against Ferro/Chesnaught but you can just trick your scarf off beforehand and then switch into them and taunt first to prevent that.

Last edited:

Gothitelle Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Torment
- Taunt
- Protect

I've been having a lot of fun with this set recently. There's a couple of things that you're able to do with this set. Firstly, with trick + choice scarf you can lock your opponent into the use of a single move and with shadow tag they're unable to escape. Torment prevents pokemon from using the same move twice in a row, so with trick + torment you're able to force the opponent to struggle, costing them 25% of their health each time. With protect, you're able to protect against the move they are locked into and just alternate between protect + taunt/torment so you only get hit by the struggle damage. With choice scarf you're guaranteed to trap and kill at least one pokemon since it locks them into a single move. The key is to be careful and play mind games as you don't want to switch in on a move that can 2HKO. The pokemon this set is most effective against are typically walls. Pokemon like Chansey/Skarm/Clefable/Ferrothorn/Sylveon/Chesnaught/Suicune/etc. typically only carry a single attacking move and thus fall prey to taunt + torment and so can be trapped and killed without the need of a scarf. Additionally you can run 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe in order to outspeed most Mews and give them a scarf which will hinder their performance throughout the game. Additionally those EVs will allow you to outspeed 0 Spe Skarmory without the scarf. Other things you can switch into are Latios after Draco Meteor, Klefki (which if setting up screens, you can use protect on struggle turns so that screens are gone when klefki dies), or any pokemon choice locked that can't 2OHKO (although you need to have tricked your scarf off to do this).

Due to the pokemon this set works best against as mentioned above, it generally works best on more offensive teams that need certain threats eliminated for a sweep (such as Chansey, Ferro, Skarm, etc.). The EV's can also be altered to fit your needs. If you need to get rid of more threats that are specially oriented then investing into SpD would be more optimal, and in order to outspeed certain threats investing into Spe more. Again this varies from team to team so there is no set spread you should run- it should be spread to fit your team needs. I generally run def because of Ferro/Chesnaught and pokes such as Clefable/Sylveon/Suicune/etc don't hit that hard on the other side of the spectrum unless they already have a couple CMs up and Gothitelle has higher base SpD than Def, although I should probably do some more calculations to get a more optimized spread.

Replay examples:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192838788
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192859062

I misplayed a little in the second one when staying in on the u-turn but I think it still gets the point across. You just want to avoid getting leech seeded if you're against Ferro/Chesnaught but you can just trick your scarf off beforehand and then switch into them and taunt first to prevent that.
This set is just mean. I like. ;)
The only downside is against physical attackers you can often die to struggle + first two moves damage.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
To be honest, not sure why i wouldn't use Thunder Punch>Gravity. That takes care of Skarmory, Zard Y, and Talonflame.

As for the rest, Zen Headbutt's 159.6 base after claws+stab; if that doesn't 2HKO Rotom-W on the switch-in, then Gravity was probably a waste of a turn anyhow. Also, air ballooners aren't that hard to beat, just pop and drop.

Obviously it wont take out Skarm fluently but if its around 30% chip damage then it will 2HKO on the switch.
Your 'on the switch' move is Gravity, unless you do some fast and frenzied switching after doing it the first time. This also means it's not that great against balloon mons, since you could attack instead, and Rotom-w, since he'll come in for free and WoW, unless he's weak enough to die from 2 zen headbutts. Plus, you have to predict switch-ins perfectly; at least tpunch and zen headbutt do damage, even if the wrong mon switches in.

To sum it up

Gravity: stops balloon mons from revenge killing you; can help break a few mons with excellent prediction+quickly switching back in (tough to do overall). Helps for the rare bronzong.

Thunder Punch: flat out trashes talon and zardy on the switchin, helps a lot against waters bulky and frail, especially the very common gyarados and greninja. Helps against other bulky waters, too.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 328-388 (114.6 - 135.6%)

-1 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 360-428 (108.7 - 129.3%)

This set is just mean. I like. ;)
The only downside is against physical attackers you can often die to struggle + first two moves damage.
Also why I run def EV's. Even if they are physical struggle doesn't do a whole lot since struggle is only 50BP. But you really don't want to switch in on an unresisted attack from a poke that invested in Atk or SpA. Although generally I find myself just trapping Clef/Sylveon/Ferro/Skarm for a drag/physical sweep.

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

95+% chance this is my lead. For those leads that is faster than me like Landorus-T , Garchomp Greninja and latis who might start moves that get me to 1health if predicted correctly That is a huge threat to team gone by going to get hit hard then use endeavor and the VW to finish. I know lack CC is a problem but most of the time i can bluff it. Then if facing slower leads use Stealth rocks then bait them to get me low and use endeavor on tanks like Clefable. If you see Skarmary or Ferrothron just go FB to hit for KOs. Be wary of fake out leads or set ups if more than 2 or more weak to rock pokemon on other team use your life for rocks. If not just waste a turn and switch. I think his is the core of this game even though he most likely goes down in two or 3 turns.
Replays for their hard work
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192484234
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192476861
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192367578
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169051505 there are many more but these shows how

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA 4def
Mild Nature
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Extreme Speed

best revenge killer with ES. FB for pokemons like skarmary, Ferrothron Scizor. Superpwer for T-tar, Heatran, Chansey Bishop. DM is for the surprise KOs vs pokemon like slowbro or other bulky physical walls. Life orb needed for KOs after rocks on bulky walls like slowbro with DM. So its do as much damage as you can. Try to get him out early on those walls. Best time to sent him out if when you predict when the other team uses Stealth rocks and try to weaken the fairies so they can be extreme speed KO range when that happen he is a monster 1v6 NP.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169360797
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169051505
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-168453150

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

95+% chance this is my lead. For those leads that is faster than me like Landorus-T , Garchomp Greninja and latis who might start moves that get me to 1health if predicted correctly That is a huge threat to team gone by going to get hit hard then use endeavor and the VW to finish. I know lack CC is a problem but most of the time i can bluff it. Then if facing slower leads use Stealth rocks then bait them to get me low and use endeavor on tanks like Clefable. If you see Skarmary or Ferrothron just go FB to hit for KOs. Be wary of fake out leads or set ups if more than 2 or more weak to rock pokemon on other team use your life for rocks. If not just waste a turn and switch. I think his is the core of this game even though he most likely goes down in two or 3 turns.
Replays for their hard work
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192484234
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192476861
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192367578
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169051505 there are many more but these shows how

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA 4def
Mild Nature
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Extreme Speed

best revenge killer with ES. FB for pokemons like skarmary, Ferrothron Scizor. Superpwer for T-tar, Heatran, Chansey Bishop. DM is for the surprise KOs vs pokemon like slowbro or other bulky physical walls. Life orb needed for KOs after rocks on bulky walls like slowbro with DM. So its do as much damage as you can. Try to get him out early on those walls. Best time to sent him out if when you predict when the other team uses Stealth rocks and try to weaken the fairies so they can be extreme speed KO range when that happen he is a monster 1v6 NP.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169360797
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169051505
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-168453150
Life Orb + Multiscale is extremely counterproductive. Your best bet at this set is to run an Inner Focus variant (hue DPPnite Revamp)

Life Orb + Multiscale is extremely counterproductive. Your best bet at this set is to run an Inner Focus variant (hue DPPnite Revamp)
Multiscale lets it switch into a hit better if SR isn't up or tank a hit from something faster. Not as useful as it is on standard DNite, but Inner Focus is just bad.

Mr. Hothead

formerly Salt2DaFeds
To be honest, not sure why i wouldn't use Thunder Punch>Gravity. That takes care of Skarmory, Zard Y, and Talonflame.

As for the rest, Zen Headbutt's 159.6 base after claws+stab; if that doesn't 2HKO Rotom-W on the switch-in, then Gravity was probably a waste of a turn anyhow. Also, air ballooners aren't that hard to beat, just pop and drop.

Your 'on the switch' move is Gravity, unless you do some fast and frenzied switching after doing it the first time. This also means it's not that great against balloon mons, since you could attack instead, and Rotom-w, since he'll come in for free and WoW, unless he's weak enough to die from 2 zen headbutts. Plus, you have to predict switch-ins perfectly; at least tpunch and zen headbutt do damage, even if the wrong mon switches in.

To sum it up

Gravity: stops balloon mons from revenge killing you; can help break a few mons with excellent prediction+quickly switching back in (tough to do overall). Helps for the rare bronzong.

Thunder Punch: flat out trashes talon and zardy on the switchin, helps a lot against waters bulky and frail, especially the very common gyarados and greninja. Helps against other bulky waters, too.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 328-388 (114.6 - 135.6%)

-1 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 360-428 (108.7 - 129.3%)
TBH Gravity just covers more imo. Sure you 2HKO Rotom W with Zen Headbutt but the thing is is that the Accuracy and unreliability is p bad.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If its not running Lefties, its running Scarf. Thats why EQ is much more reliable and w/e.

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 160-190 (52.6 - 62.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Of course its gotta setup Gravity first and then wait for switch in, but if Rotom W is weak enough then it can be 2HKOed.

Skarmory is MMeta's nightmare. With Gravity it can 3HKO while Skarm can do nothing back. Now, its useless and MMeta isnt forced to go out. Almost all Air Balloon pokemon are Ground types, and when one switches in like Excadrill with Gravity up, they are hopeless. it is effective against revenge Air Ballooners because IF Gravity is still up MMeta will outspeed and OHKO.

The reason why im not running Thunder Punch is because

a. thats not that innovative
b. gets blocked by Rotom W, one of the basis's of this set. Remember, its meant to be Rotom W/Skarm B8 and it works decent.

See, what gravity does is stop Flying types or Levitate users from taking out MMeta. Of course there are a few, but these few threaten MMeta by forcing switch outs or suffering a burn. Bronzrong hard counters MMeta so having a way to take out Bronzrong is great.

145 Tough Claws MMeta OHKO's Frailninja with Thunder Punch? Thats crazy! It takes out x4 super effective Gyarados even when its down by intimidate? Semi Impressive but
a. You shouldnt stay into Greninja or Gyarados
b. Skarm and Rotom W and Air Balloon Heatran and Bronzrong and Air Balloon Excadrill are arguably a little better to take out.

as you see i have 0 speed investments the plan is to lure pokes like skarm ferr t-tar etc etc pokes who think im going to dragon dance away and then koing them. Easier way to explain i guess its i let you hit me with multiscale on then hit back back harder or to just tank hits if i dont got a good hard switch in. life orb is need for the damage 30% is alot..

TBH Gravity just covers more imo. Sure you 2HKO Rotom W with Zen Headbutt but the thing is is that the Accuracy and unreliability is p bad.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If its not running Lefties, its running Scarf. Thats why EQ is much more reliable and w/e.

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 160-190 (52.6 - 62.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Of course its gotta setup Gravity first and then wait for switch in, but if Rotom W is weak enough then it can be 2HKOed.

Skarmory is MMeta's nightmare. With Gravity it can 3HKO while Skarm can do nothing back. Now, its useless and MMeta isnt forced to go out. Almost all Air Balloon pokemon are Ground types, and when one switches in like Excadrill with Gravity up, they are hopeless. it is effective against revenge Air Ballooners because IF Gravity is still up MMeta will outspeed and OHKO.

The reason why im not running Thunder Punch is because

a. thats not that innovative
b. gets blocked by Rotom W, one of the basis's of this set. Remember, its meant to be Rotom W/Skarm B8 and it works decent.

See, what gravity does is stop Flying types or Levitate users from taking out MMeta. Of course there are a few, but these few threaten MMeta by forcing switch outs or suffering a burn. Bronzrong hard counters MMeta so having a way to take out Bronzrong is great.

145 Tough Claws MMeta OHKO's Frailninja with Thunder Punch? Thats crazy! It takes out x4 super effective Gyarados even when its down by intimidate? Semi Impressive but
a. You shouldnt stay into Greninja or Gyarados
b. Skarm and Rotom W and Air Balloon Heatran and Bronzrong and Air Balloon Excadrill are arguably a little better to take out.
Doesn't Hammer Arm take out any Steel type carrying an Air Balloon, beat Skarm, as well as beating Ferrothorn? Seems a little more efficient moveset-wise, while also dealing more damage than EQ and not requiring set-up.

Mr. Hothead

formerly Salt2DaFeds
Doesn't Hammer Arm take out any Steel type carrying an Air Balloon, beat Skarm, as well as beating Ferrothorn? Seems a little more efficient moveset-wise, while also dealing more damage than EQ and not requiring set-up.
Hammer Arm lowers Speed and pretty much destroys the purpose of MMeta: Being a sweeper.

I dont see MMeta being a "hit and run" mon per say but Hammer Arm isnt out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)