Kyogre [QC: 2/3] *ready for 3rd check*

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is done and ready for checking
Krau I'm starting to get annoyed. I said:
- Add damage calcs to show the difference in power and KOs achieved by Ice Beam and Blizzard
You follow that up with:
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre Blizzard vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 310-366 (102.6 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Kyogre Blizzard vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 268-316 (89 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
If you going to paste Fireburn's damage calcs from the P Ogre thread, you may as well paste all of them. Also, I bolded what I wanted you do. Please show damage calcs for Ice Beam AND Blizzard to compare the two for the reader to see. You should have 10 damage calcs by the end of it (seeing as Fireburn's post had 5 for Blizzard, I want 5 for Ice Beam against the same threats).

On a side note, Latias doesn't run 0 HP. Please replace it with like 80 or 212 or whatever's in Minority Suspect's analysis.

From Fireburn:

Mention specific partners that handle that stuff - it's not enough to say "run a PDon check." Who does that well + works well with Kyogre? There are better checks you can mention than Landorus-T, who gets bopped by Lava Plume from support sets i.e. the one that checks Kyogre the hardest.
Do what he said there, please. Giratina-O, Latis, Groundceus, Lugia etc. Naming one shaky check is a poor effort to address this.
You still have not done this.

Edit Nvm you have

I know I'm being quite harsh here, and I can understand if you've simply forgotten to do something, but please do not say you've done something when you really haven't.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

You follow that up with:

If you going to paste Fireburn's damage calcs from the P Ogre thread, you may as well paste all of them. Also, I bolded what I wanted you do. Please show damage calcs for Ice Beam AND Blizzard to compare the two for the reader to see. You should have 10 damage calcs by the end of it (seeing as Fireburn's post had 5 for Blizzard, I want 5 for Ice Beam against the same threats).

On a side note, Latias doesn't run 0 HP. Please replace it with like 80 or 212 or whatever's in Minority Suspect's analysis.

I know I'm being quite harsh here, and I can understand if you've simply forgotten to do something, but please do not say you've done something when you really haven't.

You follow that up with:

I thought I DID list partners for Kyogre under the scarf set 0.0

Also, I didn't copy/paste anything - I actually went into the calc and did those myself, as I was under the (evidently incorrect) assumption that that was what I was asked to do.

Wasn't aware Lati@s DIDN'T run 0 HP.

All mistakes were either A) unintentional or B) due to misinterpretation - my apologies. Will fix ASAP.

Mention Substitute either in Moves on the CM set or in OO, leaning OO for now. It's worth at least a mention bc fuck Toxic even though it doesn't usually have room for it. Also mention a max Speed spread for CM, the extra Speed can come in handly though you become very vulnerable to physical moves (thinking Yvelta'ls Sucker Punch).

QC 2/3

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This definitely is not ready for the 3rd check, the set descriptions (mainly for Scarf) are way too short and OO + C&C are still in bullet points. Fix it Krauersaut.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry Krauersaut but while the information in the analysis is ok, the writing quality just isn't up to par, and you've had several chances to try and fix it. I'm going to finish the writeup myself in a new thread. If you want to contribute to analysis writing in the future I would strongly suggest doing smaller analyses/studying old ones to get a feel for what we're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)