Ladder Balanced Hackmons

So I haven't played balanced hackmons in a while and upon coming back, I realized that the 510 EV limit is on when before it used to be off. Why was this changed?
Because that's how it works in game, and BH tries to stay true to in game mechanics, as if you're actually hacking.

There is no species clause in BH
I worded it wrong. There is not species clause in BH, which kind of goes against the game itself.

Either way it's Hackmons, who cares if we don't stay true to game mechanics. That's the point of hackmons or else we should not let pokemon have any ability or any moves.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I worded it wrong. There is not species clause in BH, which kind of goes against the game itself.

Either way it's Hackmons, who cares if we don't stay true to game mechanics. That's the point of hackmons or else we should not let pokemon have any ability or any moves.
There is no real species clause in game anyways, it's only for online battles.

I was just wondering, is there any good user of sniper + focus energy in BH ?
I don't really think draco meteor spammer can do the trick because of pixilate
But a sniper + focus energy mega metagross can spam psycho boost for example.
Or GroudonP spamming overheat. Ofcourse both of them can run draco meteor for coverage.

Mewtwo-y comes to mind
It's what I used once for sniper focus once.

Lacks physical bulk unfortunantly but hey more safer to use than before with less ates around

Back before 510, I used Dialga because both Dragon STAB with a high enough base SpAtk to hurt, but had reasonable defences and Steel type to sponge off weaker hits.

No idea how well it would work now though.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Back before 510, I used Dialga because both Dragon STAB with a high enough base SpAtk to hurt, but had reasonable defences and Steel type to sponge off weaker hits.

No idea how well it would work now though.
Tinted Lens Dialga actually still does quite a bit of work (and dismantle's Adrian's team).

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Tinted Lens Dialga actually still does quite a bit of work (and dismantle's Adrian's team).
It sure does. It takes a lot of precision to get it in at the right times, though, and also time Doom Desires correctly.
:)
Seriously though, Tinted Lens Dialga is so fantastic rn if it can get a safe switch-in; -ates can't come in until Doom Desire is finished. The next team I'm building is basically going to be all stall with switching moves and Dialga. Safe switch-ins galore!

Currently using:
Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Doom Desire
- Baton Pass
- Spacial Rend

Baton Pass allows for a nice pass to anything that appreciates it. It honestly tears apart a lot of teams right now, give it a shot!
I hope this isn't copyrighted by E4 Flint

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Tinted Lens Dialga, in my experience, is the most reliable stallbreaker I have ever used. My current team basically is built around taking advantage of the switches Dialga forces, as well as making sure Doom Desire wrecks as much as possible.

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Draco Meteor
- King's Shield
- Tail Glow

This is the standard offensive set, which works decently against both offense and stall, but a more defensive set can be used if you want to use it only as a dedicated stallbreaker.

Dialga @ Leftovers \ Whatever item really
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Substitute \ Recovery move
- Whirlwind \ Recovery move

Whirlwind is great for shuffling the enemy team, so they can't control what Doom Desire lands on.

Either of these sets + a moldy pursuiter completely wrecks both stall and offense alike, as long as you can get this into play safely.

Also pair this with a Magnet Pull Fairy type for shits and giggles

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Recover
- Quiver Dance \ Accupressure (for even more shits and giggles)
- Moonblast

not sure about the EVs though

Last edited:
I'd like to start some discussion on Groudon spam, one of the more unprepared-for gimmicks right now. I wanted to try out Groudon spam for myself after getting annihilated by it, and quite honestly, this
412042095.png

really shouldn't happen, even if the ladder isn't all that great.
(For those who don't know, groudon-primal spam is a strategy made by Flint that uses 5 Primal Groudons with assist (and various moves that can't be copied by assist) and an imposter chansey with thousand arrows and 3 moves that can't be copied by assist. So the 5 Primal Groudons can spam assist to use imposter proof thousand arrows while abusing prankster for priority, mold breaker to kill shedinja, tinted lens to beat out resists, and magic bounce as a catch-all for certain pokemon.)

So far fur coat [insert bulky pokemon here] seems to sound pretty good in stopping this team, as well as dual shed, but I wanted to hear some other opinions about "Groudon-spam".

I'd like to start some discussion on Groudon spam, one of the more unprepared-for gimmicks right now. I wanted to try out Groudon spam for myself after getting annihilated by it, and quite honestly, this
View attachment 31835
really shouldn't happen, even if the ladder isn't all that great.
(For those who don't know, groudon-primal spam is a strategy made by Flint that uses 5 Primal Groudons with assist (and various moves that can't be copied by assist) and an imposter chansey with thousand arrows and 3 moves that can't be copied by assist. So the 5 Primal Groudons can spam assist to use imposter proof thousand arrows while abusing prankster for priority, mold breaker to kill shedinja, tinted lens to beat out resists, and magic bounce as a catch-all for certain pokemon.)

So far fur coat [insert bulky pokemon here] seems to sound pretty good in stopping this team, as well as dual shed, but I wanted to hear some other opinions about "Groudon-spam".
Wow, nice record.

By the way, Flint's original version of the team wasn't that. I think there was only one Groudon, three Chanseys, a Mega Banette, and a Deoxys-Speed.

I'd like to point out that Groudon spam also loses to a Prankster Taunt user with more than 90 speed. (I mean, Chansey can probably deal with that, but if you have other ways of beating Chansey, it shouldn't be a problem.)

I once beat a groudon spam team with a prankster copycat groudon that was more invested in speed.
Slowbro mega seems to deal with this pretty well too. Grass / insect type while uncommon are the only ones to resist 1k arrows.
And yeah, prankster taunt.

Groudon spam is a pretty good team imo. I've been beaten by it a couple times i think. But then again, groudon is the strongest pokemon in bh.

I once beat a groudon spam team with a prankster copycat groudon that was more invested in speed.
Slowbro mega seems to deal with this pretty well too. Grass / insect type while uncommon are the only ones to resist 1k arrows.
And yeah, prankster taunt.

Groudon spam is a pretty good team imo. I've been beaten by it a couple times i think. But then again, groudon is the strongest pokemon in bh.
Yeah, thanks for reminding me of Mega Slowbro. That's how I beat a somewhat ill-conceived Groudon spam team that got Rishirules to #1 on the ladder somehow o.o

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-187767830

Ugh, is that what's making the top of the ladder these days? Here I was thinking that things would get better when I get my alts out of low ladder from the last reset. >.>

Also, low ladder is way too big these days. I miss when it was about 5-6 games and you could start getting decent people.

Ugh, is that what's making the top of the ladder these days? Here I was thinking that things would get better when I get my alts out of low ladder from the last reset. >.>

Also, low ladder is way too big these days. I miss when it was about 5-6 games and you could start getting decent people.
My guess would be that BH inherited a large chunk of PH's lower ladder when PH dropped to being challenge-only.

I was just wondering, is there any good user of sniper + focus energy in BH ?
I don't really think draco meteor spammer can do the trick because of pixilate
But a sniper + focus energy mega metagross can spam psycho boost for example.
Or GroudonP spamming overheat. Ofcourse both of them can run draco meteor for coverage.
Mega-Rayquaza can spam Aeroblast and Spacial Rend with Focus Energy + Sniper. Latios-Mega + Soul Dew does the same but with STAB only on Spacial Rend (which is more powerful than M-Rayquaza's Spacial Rend even after Life Orb boost).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)