Smogon Premier League VI - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yo Lord Ninjax don't worry over what people say about you! I get crap all the time for being a youtuber! I joined npa (nugget bridges spl) and, minus my team and a few frens, was looked down upon. We still managed to make it to finals and i snagged a few wins as well as my finals game along the way! My point is don't let what people say get to you. I would however suggest trying out for teams cause that's probably the main thing you have to worry about. Once you're on a team though just enjoy yourself. :]

*edit* also don't be a team cancer

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I'll actually reply just in case you're not a troll.

I didn't bully you or try to drive you out. In fact, if you take the time to check it up and remember it, I even sent you a PM some months ago to not feel discouraged about the snarky posts aimed at you in RoA back then.

I thought you'd eventually mature and take a few hints along the way but it still didn't click apparently. That's why I and other people are more direct with you now. If you'd take a step back and try to see what you're doing wrong, you could improve as an user and a player since most people right now think you're either cute or a joke (or both). And no, I'm not trying to "bully" you once again, I'm genuinely trying to explain what is actually wrong with your "attitude" and drop you some hints as to how you could rectify it.

I didn't bully you or try to drive you out. In fact, if you take the time to check it up and remember it, I even sent you a PM some months ago to not feel discouraged about the snarky posts aimed at you in RoA back then.

I thought you'd eventually mature and take a few hints along the way but it still didn't click apparently. That's why I and other people are more direct with you now. If you'd take a step back and try to see what you're doing wrong, you could improve as an user and a player since most people right now think you're either cute or a joke (or both). And no, I'm not trying to "bully" you once again, I'm genuinely trying to explain what is actually wrong with your "attitude" and drop you some hints as to how you could rectify it.
Yeah, actually I guess so. Honestly my own fault was making a confused post about the mock draft and being too reactive at the mean posters like kokoloko. That can change definitely. Even so that post felt pretty harsh, so I spent some time trying to fix my attitude so it wouldn't happen again (maybe 1/10 of the time I was solo training?). Anyways I guess I'm past that.

aim, as for tryouts, give me 4 hours, I'll be on smogtours, playing BW-DPP-ADV, all challengers accepted and I'll be using those replays for tryouts (at least for the teams that havent banned me yet).

Edit: Sparksblade, its more of a I was confused and said something silly, got a harsh reaction, I got mad and reacted, left for a week to train and so people started trashtalking me cause they thought I wasnt around to see.

Last edited:

I actually disagree with you mcmeghan:( you've been nice to him because you're one of the most down-to-earth people here, but that can't be said for essentially everyone else.

The weird attitude the majority of players have towards beginners in this tournament community is objectively wrong. New players have to exist in order for a community to be maintained, but instead everyone drives them away for epic likes on their smogon post. Most of you go out of way the to antagonize literal kids, and not have the social skills to recognize how pathetic and stupid you're acting. Whether they're compensating for something else or not is irrelevent, but regardless shouldn't be encouraged, and everyone needs to keep in mind that who you're insulting actually matters and can affect the community everyone clamors to be a part of.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I actually disagree with you mcmeghan:( you've been nice to him because you're one of the most down-to-earth people here, but that can't be said for essentially everyone else.

The weird attitude the majority of players have towards beginners in this tournament community is objectively wrong. New players have to exist in order for a community to be maintained, but instead everyone drives them away for epic likes on their smogon post. Most of you go out of way the to antagonize literal kids, and not have the social skills to recognize how pathetic and stupid you're acting. Whether they're compensating for something else or not is irrelevent, but regardless shouldn't be encouraged, and everyone needs to keep in mind that who you're insulting actually matters and can affect the community everyone clamors to be a part of.
Don't forget those who act like they're the 15th dalai lama on a pokemon forum for "epic likes"

:heart:

Thanks alot for the reminder pal, pretty sure this post made a huge impact and everyone deep down will have to think long and hard about their actions ^^

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender

whats objectively wrong is that youre generalizing massively and blowing things out of proportion. notice how the people getting shit are people who have been told not once, not twice, but several times that they are doing something wrong. people dont hunt down new users and give them shit because "LOL LIKES HAHAHA", they do it because theyre doing stupid shit. it doesnt matter if youre new or old, if you do stupid shit then you will most likely be called out. One example i can think of is sogeking. he isnt new, he was an objectively good player, but he kept doing stupid stuff and thats why people called him out on it. this victim attitude people have nowadays is ridiculous. if you dont want to be antagonized, dont do stupid shit. if you do stupid shit and get called out: understand the mistake, move on, and dont make the same mistake again. look at praj pran, he got a lot of shit too and now people like him and dont say a word about him because he got the hint and started being a better user. most of you are too new to remember him but one of the biggest jokes in smogon was a user called badalcristiano. he got so much shit you cant even compare to what youre seeing now. guess what, he made a lot of friends and ended up getting badged after a few months because instead of posting dumb shit like he used to do he stopped and understood his mistake.

when i bought tesung in SPL, he was new and unknown. not a single bad word was said about him because he didnt act stupid. ben gay is the same. i dont see people antagonizing destiny device or kratosmana, who are pretty new themselves. i dont see people antagonizing 90% of the new playerbase. if youre getting antagonized, chances are, you are doing something wrong. so instead of playing the victim card make an introversion and understand that what youre doing just *MIGHT* be pissing people off. im telling you this as someone who got (and still gets) a ton of shit for what he used to do when he was new (ie reyscarface biggest whiner jaja)

do you really think if someone with a 2008 join date and 1000 posts came on and started posting like tele does he wouldnt get any shit? youre very wrong there. they would get the exact same amount of shit, possibly more because theyve been around for longer and still havent gotten a grasp.

this is a problem that has gone on forever.

in real life, you can't simply insert yourself into a friend group and expect to get treated like one of the bros, can you? the same applies to e-friendships. you don't simply "fit in" or whatever by being a part of smogon and participating in tournaments. you earn your place. you don't get labeled as a bad poster after one shitty post; what makes you a bad poster is when you make shitty posts, get called out on them, and then continue to make shitty posts. literally everything can be solved by cooling down, taking a step back, and trying to find out why you're being called out, rather than simply claiming that tournaments is a hostile environment and painting yourself as the victim immediately.

Lord Ninjax, i am positive you are a great guy who means well, but i promise you that not even "liked" or "respected" users post as much as you do. if you're on a mission to get bought for spl or do well in tour, go work on your game and prove yourself. don't continually post in this thread (that was essentially made to harbor the trolling that will go on during spl). i personally pmed you months ago (like McMeghan did apparently) asking you to pull back on your posting because it did not seem like you seemed to see a distinction between trolling and not trolling, but instead of taking my advice, you told me you wanted to make sure that trolls backed up their trolling on the battlefield or something. this is the wrong attitude for someone who still new and has accomplished 0 in terms of tournaments at this point. i still think you're a good dude, but you should really just take a step back.

tl;dr - reyscarface is right, all new people can benefit by taking a step back. you don't automatically fit in; you earn your place.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
edit: this is a response to a deleted post, but sg's post below wouldn't make sense if i deleted this.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I have been taking it up the bum from virtually every known person on Smogon. I just convert my haters into diehard WhiteQueen fans.

Just do you, people.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
You could change yourself drastically, but sometimes the opposite works, like me.

People didnt like me, but I just kept acting the way I always did for so long that eventually people did, and I got mods on my favorite forum. And then I deleted the fucker because I could.
true

but this is poor advice for me/ninjax/whitequeen probably.
idk..
maybe

0 vv 0

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, please. I have a few things I want to say about a few people. I just don't wanna get infracted by expressing my opinions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)