Apprentice Program: Round Ninety One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Round 91 of Battling 101. If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Epic Dialga 91-2
Tiniodfluflu: 90-91
Swiffft: 90-1
Twisted Mind: 90-1

tba

This round will end on Jan 25.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited:
Username: Obliviate
PO/PS! Username: PO: ABCD- / PS: Obliviatee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mo-Fr: 6PM - 11PM / Weekend: usually like the whole day, GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-years-old German, in my freetime I often play football or do stuff with friends. Most people call me Flo.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (I prefer Skype)

First \o/

Username: Skup
PO/PS! Username: Skup
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST. Usually avilable around 3 to 9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like music and i'm pretty laid back
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Username: Veroxus
PO/PS! Username: Veroxus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (Pacific Standard Time). Usually available at 3:00PM to 5:00 PM, and 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old gamer who wants to get to the next level in Pokemon Battling.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I have Skype, and I am willing to use IRC. I would rather PM you my skype so that my IP cannot get resolved by a stranger.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username: planez
PO/PS! Username: planez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST. 4PM - 8PM on weekdays, nearly all day on most weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school and enjoy playing various games. I've been interested in competetive Pokemon for a while but I'm just not very good at it yet. :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Eyan
PO/PS! Username: Eyan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 evenings and nights for weekdays. All day for weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 years old high school student from Singapore. Started competitive battling in March 2014 and fell in love with UU, so I would like to get better at that tier.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: Max Fightmaster
PO/PS! Username: Childish Greninja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time. I'm usually available after class so around 5 or 6 PM onward.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior at WVU, and between partying and school I like to play a ton of Pokemon

Username: birdetta
PO/PS! Username: birdetta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (CST), 5-8pm and possibly also 7-9am or so
What tier do you want to learn?: preferably OU otherwise UU or NU (not very experienced with the other 2 but i would be willing to put in the work to learn them for sure)
Tell us a little about yourself: played pokemon since gen 1; previously played TF2 and minesweeper competitively as well; love to teambuild and would like to get a lot better at it + get better at battling as well. currently playing farm league also.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Shadowtags
PO/PS! Username: Rapture’s Finest, Tsukema Tsukeru, etc.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm (PST)
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras OU, Oras NU
Tell us a little about yourself: An admin at an online pokemon league, I’m also a 2nd year Bio major when I'm not shitposting on tumblr or battling on PS.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.

Username: DanielVZLA
PO/PS! Username: DanielVZLA11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: COT (-5:00 UTC). Saturdays from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Sundays all day (might change after I go back from vacations).
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Venezuela. I'm 19 years old and played Gens I-IV (the remastered Gen III games brought me back). Aside from Pokémon enthusiast, I'm a musician, a cook and a golf player.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, mostly IRC. Skype: chat only. My mic broke down recently.

Username: swimmerfast
PO/PS! Username: swimmerstar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time, Weekends, Fridays
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to learn ubers and am a kid from Virginia
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC, not Skype

Username: Wheezer
PO/PS! Username: Wheezer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, I'm usually available in the evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: I understand the metagame pretty well in OU, I'm just looking to become a better battler
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: preferably IRC

Username: DarkDiglett
PO/PS! Username: DarkDiglett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+13. Pretty much 24/7 until the 12th, then 5pm-12am weekdays, all day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 from NZ, I played mons a lot in BW1, kinda gave each gen a half ass attempt since then, wanting to get back into comp mons
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, either is fine

Username: Manodelrey
PO/PS! Username: Manodelrey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: British time zone? (6 hours ahead of central standard time) Available from 6 my time until midnight/1 am pretty much every day
What tier do you want to learn?: Smogon doubles, VGC, Nu
Tell us a little about yourself: An american trying to make it in england. I play football/soccer and do stuff on the internet.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I have a skype but I can get something else if you want me to.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Weebl
PO/PS! Username: Weebl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. 5-9 or 10 PM EST on weekdays and pretty much the whole day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Canada, and I love mythology (mainly Graeco-Roman, but all I find most myths interesting). OU is the biggest Smogon-official tier, and I've been playing it somewhat competitively for a bit now, but I never really got too good at it. Teambuilding is the thing I'd like to become to improve at the most, but of course, battling is just as important. I'm not very experienced with teambuilding. BW OU seems like a cool tier, and I'd like to learn it because it's an old gen. Out of ADV, DPP, and BW, I'd like to learn BW the most because it's a common tier, and I feel it's a very diverse metagame.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, but Skype is preferable.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Username: GGamer
PO/PS! Username: GGamer745
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Up and coming tour player here's hoping I become relevant in the scene. I plan on learning most if not all relevant tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both :]

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) afternoons and weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to pick up OU mostly to better participate in CAP

Username:Autre
PO/PS! Username:Autre
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Utah 9:00am - 12pm (MST) The time I placed there are just for formalities, but I'm truly flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like sports, I'm into writing, I major in psychology. I started back up with pokemon again after a ten year hiatus, and I'm currently struggling to understand the current meta game. However, I'm not a complete dunce as I did have some small success with a few test teams in showdown and ORAS wifi battle though.

Username: Webroakes
PO/PS! Username: Webroakes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (New York State), I'm a night owl, late afternoon/evening works best but I'm flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself:18 y/o college student who is returning to the competitive scene (sort of) since gen 4. I was never really great with strategy but I have the basics down and I'm very willing to learn.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both are great
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do :pimp:

Username: D4RR3N
PO/PS! Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, usually free during the daytimes
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing since BW, but DPP is something I've been struggling with since there's no team preview and I would really like to improve at it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Expulso
PO/PS! Username: Expulso
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST evenings, just om me whenever tbh :]
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Smogon Doubles (not VGC!)
Tell us a little about yourself: RU tutor, 14 year old freshman, basketball player, etc etc
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC yes, Skype no

Laga is a bro but any tutor works really, I appreciate it :)

Username:Awsome
PO/PS! Username:CycloTJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2pm-12am EST For all 7 Days
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 1st year college student, trying to get back into competitive after a 5 month break.

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Username:mur22
PO/PS! Username:mur90
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 5-10 weekdays and all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been a fan of pokemon since forever and I've started playing smogon during xy. I have a strong desire to improve and I'm pretty easy to get along with. I'm very interested in the tournament scene (very inspired by bloo) and would love to improve and get involved one day!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yup

Last edited:
Username:Byronthewellwell
PO/PS! Username: Byronthewellwell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10). I usually get up at around 8am, and play for 2-3 hours. I will also be on most afteroons/evenings, can schedule times.

What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU (If for some reason there aren’t enough tutors for DPP OU, and there are spares for ORAS OU, then I guess put me down for that.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 16 years old, born and live in Melbourne, Australia, like Cricket, Basketball, Mons, and swimming on hot days like today (41 Celcius!).

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes.

Username: Enki
PO/PS! Username: Enki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 I prefer in the evening
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am and egyptian student, and I play since 2013 in BW2, and wanna try some new tiers, like NU... I play athletics and run a lot (800-1500) too hard, but I like it. I like reading and play videogames.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)