move 3: Wild Charge
move 4: Zen Headbutt
ability: Flame Body
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

U-turn is a powerful STAB move that confers momentum and lets Larvesta escape from checks and counters. Flare Blitz is another very powerful STAB move and hits everything hard, Pokemon that resist Fire included. Wild Charge gives Larvesta a way to hit Pokemon that resist Fire such as Staryu, Tirtouga, Omanyte, and Skrelp as well as Flying-types such as Fletchling and Doduo. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting- and Poison-types hard without making Larvesta take recoil damage.

Set Details
========

236 Attack EVs maximize Larvesta's Attack, and 196 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Speed. The leftover EVs are invested in HP to allow Larvesta to switch into Stealth Rock twice. Flame Body gives Larvesta some defensive utility in burning foes making contact with it.

Usage Tips
========

Switch Larvesta into foes whose moves it can resist. U-turn is Larvesta's most spammable move due to its potential damage output and momentum gain. It's preferable to only switch Larvesta in when Stealth Rock isn't up.

Team Options
========

Rapid Spinners and Defoggers, such as Staryu and Drilburr, respectively, are helpful in removing Stealth Rock. Chinchou, which resists Water- and Flying, completes a VoltTurn core with Larvesta. Larvesta appreciates a sun setter, such as Vulpix to boost the power of its Fire-type STAB moves. Pokemon with Taunt can prevent Stealth Rock from being set in the first place. Entry hazard users such as Ferroseed can set up Spikes. Pokemon that can take Rock-type moves, such as Pawniard, are decent partners for Larvesta.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Overview:
It's not too bulky without significant investments.

Set:
Move the Def EVs to HP to switch into Stealth Rock twice. Reflect this change in the set details.

Set Details:
The base 60 Speed point isn't necessary, so remove it.
Just say that Flame Body is Larvesta's most useful ability to give it some defensive utility; don't bother mentioning Swarm.

Usage Tips:
Mention that U-Turn is the most spammable move due to its high damage and momentum gaining.

Good work
QC 1/3

Usage tips:
I'm not really sure what you're saying with the second point. Please clarify this.
Although its pretty obvious, mention that it's preferred to only switch in when Stealth Rock isn't up.

Team Options:
Chinchou doesn't resist Rock, but it does resist Water, another one of Larvesta's weaknesses!
I'd mention Taunt users, because they can prevent SR from being set in the first place.

Good job QC 2/3

Add Skrelp along with the mons that get hit hard by Wild Charge as it's one of the few Water-types that resist both of Larvesta's STABs.

I don't understand why "Slow Pokemon with a volturn move." is in the usage tips, having it in team options is enough and I don't think it's worth talking about in the usage tips as it's pretty much self explanatory so you should probably remove it.

Other than that this has been well done, gj. QC 3/3

ready for GP!
In LC we do things just a little bit differently, you need another QC after your 3rd QC check and before GP. If you wait a moment, I'll edit in the 3rd QC.

---

Overview: For the Flame Body point change it from physical moves to moves that make contact.

Looks good other than that, now you can take it to GP :o

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
add or Capitalize or lowercase / remove / comment

Overview
########

Larvesta has a high Attack and decent Speed, it has and strong STAB moves, such as U-turn and Flare Blitz. With its dual Bug- and Fire-type typing, it has nice resistances. Its ability, Flame Body, gives has a nice chance to burn vs moves that make foes using contact moves. It has a double 4x weakness to Stealth Rocks and commont weaknesses, such as to Flying- and Water-types.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Flare Blitz
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe

Moves
========

U-turn is a powerful STAB move, which give that confers momentum and escape from checks or counters,(RC).(Add period) Flare Blitz is the second STAB, another very powerful STAB move which that hits hard everything hard, Fire-type resistors included,(RC).(Add period) Wild Charge is a good move, which gives Larvesta a ways to hit check resistors, such as Staryu, Tirtouga, Omanyte, Skrelp or Flying-types such as Fletchling and Doduo,(RC).(Add period) Zen Headbutt gives coverage, and hits hard Fighting- and Poison-types hard without recoil.

Set Details
========

236 Attack EVs to maximize the Attack,(RC) and 196 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature maximize Speed. The leftovers EVs in HP,(RC) allow Larvesta to switch into Stealth Rock twice. Flame Body gives it some defensive utility.

Usage Tips
========

Switched Larvesta in on Pokemon which Larvest foes it can resist. U-Turn is the most spammable move due to its potential high damage output and momentum gaining. It's preferred preferable to only switch in when Stealth Rock isn't up and revenge killing. (Revenge killing isn't an appropriate mention here.)

Team Options
========

A Rapid Spinner or Defogger are cool to remove helpful in removing the Stealth Rock, such as Staryu and Drilburr. Water- and Flying-type resistors such as Chinchou, which gives complete a VoltTurn core. Pokemon can use volturn moves. Larvesta appreciates a sun inducer, such as Vulpix. Pokemon with Taunt can prevent SR Stealth Rock from being set in the first place. Entry hazard supporters, such as Ferroseed, to can set up Spikes. Something that can take Rock-type moves, such as Pawniard, is a decent partner to Larvesta. which resist to Flying-type moves. (This last part is a segment that didn't even seem complete so I don't know it's relevance...)

GP 1/2

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add/(un)Capitalize
remove
(comments)
Overview
########

Larvesta has a high Attack, (AC) and decent Speed, (AC) and access to strong STAB moves, (RC) such as U-turn and Flare Blitz. With its Larvesta's Bug / Fire dual Bug and Fire typing, (RC) gives it has nice resistances. Its Flame Body ability, Flame Body, has a nice chance to burn foes that hit Larvesta with using contact moves. It However, (AC) Larvesta has a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, (AC) as well as weaknesses to common attacking types and common weaknesses, such as to Flying-(remove hyphen) and Water-types.
Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Flare Blitz

evs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe

Moves
========

U-turn is a powerful STAB move that confers momentum and
lets Larvesta escape from checks or and counters. Flare Blitz is another very powerful STAB move and that hits everything hard, Pokemon that resist Fire-type resistors included. Wild Charge gives Larvesta a way to hit Pokemon that resist Fire resistors, such as Staryu, Tirtouga, Omanyte, and Skrelp as well as or Flying-types such as Fletchling and Doduo. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting- and Poison-types hard without making Larvesta take recoil damage.
Set Details
========

236 Attack EVs maximize the Larvesta's Attack, (AC) and 196 Speed EVs and with a Jolly nature maximize Speed. The leftover EVs are invested in HP to allow Larvesta to switch into Stealth Rock twice. Flame Body gives it Larvesta some defensive utility in burning foes making contact with it.
Usage Tips
========

Switch Larvesta in
to on foes whose moves it can resist. U-turn is the Larvesta's most spammable move due to its potential damage output and momentum gain. It's preferable to only switch Volcarona in when Stealth Rock isn't up.
Team Options
========

A Rapid Spinners and or Defoggers, (You could also say "Rapid Spin and Defog users.") (AC) such as Staryu and Drilburr, respectively, are helpful in removing Stealth Rock, such as Staryu and Drilburr. Chinchou, which resists Water- and Flying, (AC)-type resistors such as Chinchou completes a VoltTurn core with Larvesta. Larvesta appreciates a sun setter sun inducer, such as Vulpix to boost the power of its Fire-type STAB moves. (Add some info regarding why sun is important, or just keep what I wrote as info if it's acceptable.) Pokemon with Taunt can prevent Stealth Rock from being set in the first place. Entry hazard users supporters, such as Ferroseed, (RC) can set up Spikes. (Why is this helpful? Elaborate a bit.) Something Pokemon that can take Rock-type moves, such as Pawniard, is a are decent partners for to Larvesta.

GP 2/2

I just wanted to point out that the content in this is a bit lacking.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to butt in, but I really agree with weebl and good_luck that there is a bit of content lacking. Obviously that's up to QC, but I think it should be addressed.

While I agree this was very short, it covered everything it needed to. This lacked additional commentary or means of otherwise lengthening his writing, buts that fine to me because it describes everything notable about this set. You have to also remember that this was only an addition of a set and not a full analysis, so it's going to be short right off the bat.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Drilburr->drilbur

Various team options synergy stuff, espc. with Ferroseed. Why is spikes better for larvesta than sr? And if it's not, why isn't sr mentioned?

Zen headbutt seems bad, i know its movepool is bare but still, wow or return sound better...idk.

Could really afford to name specific Pokemon this set beats/checks/revenges

Considering how this set works, might swarm be an option?

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zen headbutt seems bad, i know its movepool is bare but still, wow or return sound better...idk.
You have to take into consideration how useful Psychic-type coverage is in LC. Although a super-effective Zen Headbutt does the same as a neutral Flare Blitz, the lack of recoil can sometimes be crucial in keeping Larvesta healthy.

tehy

Banned deucer.
You have to take into consideration how useful Psychic-type coverage is in LC. Although a super-effective Zen Headbutt does the same as a neutral Flare Blitz, the lack of recoil can sometimes be crucial in keeping Larvesta healthy.
Eh, true, but being locked in kind of sucks; rather take the recoil and keep momentum. WoW lets you rek a smashtouga switchin at least, and returns okay vs fire-types

That said, it does let you OHKO Croagunk, whereas Blitz won't if it's evio and fairly bulky. So that should probably be mentioned

Edit: you know, i was wondering about the overview, just kind of figured qc wanted it for w/e. Maybe it could be integrated into larvesta's overview

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This shouldn't have got an overview since we already have a larvesta analysis with an overview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)