Bad Luck You've Had So Far

I spent about an hour breeding my rapid spin Excadrill that would know Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Rock Slide and Iron Head...only to learn Iron Head is a move tutor move from last gen. And the only other steel attack he learns is Metal Claw. FML.

Poison Jab it is, I guess. Hope I don't run into too many too many Shuckle, Armaldo, or Cradily.

Boy, I hope the move tutors in the sequel game(s) include Iron Head. Man, I can't believe Excadrill only learns one steel attack. Jesus, Gamefreak.

repeatedly loosing on super solo battle maison @ battle 31
Running mega Scizor/Gyarardos/Heatran & being wrecked by wheewing knowing Flamethrower AND Thunderbolt or Blaziken with Thunderpunch, like the game's cheating

Earlier today I managed to hatch a shiny via Time Machine Method in a couple of batches. I excitedly soft resetted, eager to have that shiny Froakie I've been working on. Excitement quickly turned into major disappointment when I realized I forgot to save before taking the egg from the day care. It just had to be that one egg that I messed up.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Another case of bad luck in the form of "yanking the dog's chain", I was breeding Skarmory for a battle I had in mind with a friend. 8 eggs in, I hatched a Shiny Female and 5 31 IVs, missing Hitpoints (one of the overlapping ones). I figured that since the judge rated it as Outstanding, I crossed my fingers in the hope the HP IV didn't suck too much after throwing the data in a calculator after using Institute to check stats....

Her HP IV was a lousy 14. I am not sure if Sturdy/EV training will make up for it, but I was hoping I would get a shiny that wouldn't be having some horrible fault (like my previous Pawniard shiny hatch generating 5 Attack IVs). At least the Skarmory 2 eggs prior has the IVs I wanted. Never used a Skarmory before, and shiny looks tempting.

This actually happened around a year ago.
There was about ten minutes before my class was going to start, so I just decided to encounter hoarde battle for the heck of it.
Bam. Shiny Geodude appears.
Being a stubborn shiny hunter, I really wanted to record a video of the capture. However, class is about to start, so I put my DS in sleep mode and plug it into my charger.
My first two classes go by and all is good. I make it to my science class, and I go to charge my DS. To check on my shiny, I open the DS...
...Black screen. I then watch in horror as my DS opens up to the home menu.
I don't know if someone restarted my game or if it just crashed, but I was devastated. I guess the game felt generous, because two days later, when I was sick and EV training, I find a shiny Weepingbell in a hoarde.

Last edited:
I was trying to catch a Larvesta as a Flame Body mon for breeding purposes. My catcher of choice was a level 100 Breloom with Spore and False Swipe.
Usually I False Swipe first, then Spore so I'm guaranteed at least one turn of sleep to throw the ball.
So I encounter the first one, use False Swipe, it uses Take Down, but misses. Phew. But then I click Bullet Seed instead of Spore, and it dies.
I try again, use False Swipe, this time Take Down hits, and it dies. This happens again. OK, maybe there's something weird about the AI that makes it use Take Down, so I'll Spore first instead.
I try this strategy, and it stays asleep after I False Swipe it. I chuck a Level ball at it, and it breaks out on the third shake, wakes up, uses Take Down, and dies.
At this moment, I'm rather annoyed. The next one wakes up after I False Swipe, uses Take Down, and dies.
FINALLY the next one had the decency to stay asleep and get caught by my Net Ball. I was seriously debating using a Master Ball for that jerk.

I like Charizard X so i decided to hatch a shiny one. Take SIXTH of them to get a good one
Their IV are terrible
1st : 31/3/31/31/31/31
2nd: 31/31/31/31/31/18
3rd: 31/31/0/31/31/31
4th: 31/31/31/31/2/31
5th: 0/31/31/31/31/31
6th:24/31/31/31/31/31
It took me one hell of time and effort to get the sixth which is finally useable.
I never hatch any shiny with that bad luck before.
If this is not bad luck, i don't know which one is

I like Charizard X so i decided to hatch a shiny one. Take SIXTH of them to get a good one
Their IV are terrible
1st : 31/3/31/31/31/31
2nd: 31/31/31/31/31/18
3rd: 31/31/0/31/31/31
4th: 31/31/31/31/2/31
5th: 0/31/31/31/31/31
6th:24/31/31/31/31/31
It took me one hell of time and effort to get the sixth which is finally useable.
I never hatch any shiny with that bad luck before.
If this is not bad luck, i don't know which one is
I feel ya. I tried to hatch a Pinsir because shiny mega pinsir is amazing, and the first shiny I got was 31/31/31/x/31/1. Its speed was literally 1.
Im a trooper though so I kept going and eventually got one that's 31/31/31/x/2/31 and kept it.

Was breeding my Dream Ball HA Kabuto, trying to get a Female HA.
It took so long I got a shiny before an HA Female.
I still don't know whether to quantify this as bad or good luck.
Meanwhile my 100+ Sableye eggs still have yielded no shinies

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Back to this forum after several months (Verizon is an ass), so what better way to celebrate my return than to recount every horrible, chain-yanking mishap I had since August?

-MM'd 560+ Froakie eggs before I got shiny. No HA.
-Failed my 3rd attempt to beat Evelyn because paralysis stopped Mega Mawile before she could off Latios.
-Getting my Multi stopped just short of Chatelaines in AS today because of Slowking Dick Room.
- Failing Super Multi twice prior because Steven's AI puts Leeroy Jenkins to shame in hot bloodedness.

Reactions: JES
I spent houra trying to SR for a shiny Reshiram. After 271 SRs, I got it... but it has a neutral nature and 0 SpA. I kept it anyway because shiny, but damn, it was perhaps the worst possible shiny Resh to get

I was grinding against Secret Base Trainers, trying to get some Igglybuffs to evolve during a breeding project, beating that trainer's team of Dragons, when he sends in a Mega Rayquaza.

I have Sapphire, by Kyogre out, so I'm thinking Mega Rayquaza or not, he must realized he is doomed.
And so I fire off an Ice Beam.

"Rayquaza avoided the attack" or something like that, and proceeds to batter Sapphire with a hefty Dragon Ascent. I'm thinking "Why you sneaky little bastard! Don't worry though, I'll get you next turn!".

I fire off another Ice Beam.

"Rayquaza avoided the attack".

"WHAT?!!! HOW THE FUCK DOES A 100 ACCURACY MOVE MISS TWICE IN A @#$%^&* ROW, HUH GAME?!!!"

"Rayquaza used Dragon Ascent".

"Oh ho ho ho, no you don't!!! You're going to lose, and you're going to like it!!!", and I promptly reset the game, and promptly put that Rayquaza in his place, Mega or not! It is one thing if I lose due to my own limitations. But I don't like loosing to hacks.
The b@st@rd must've been holding BrightPowder. I miss the days when you could farm items from NPCs.

Not as bad as many of you have it, but still, that has never happened to me.

I spent about an hour breeding my rapid spin Excadrill that would know Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Rock Slide and Iron Head...only to learn Iron Head is a move tutor move from last gen. And the only other steel attack he learns is Metal Claw. FML.

Poison Jab it is, I guess. Hope I don't run into too many too many Shuckle, Armaldo, or Cradily.

Boy, I hope the move tutors in the sequel game(s) include Iron Head. Man, I can't believe Excadrill only learns one steel attack. Jesus, Gamefreak.

Last edited:
And THAT is why I don't even bother trying to get Shiny legendaries! I just don't have time to reset 6000 times!
This is just a particularly unlucky streak, in fact the longest I've had. Prior to that was 5100 eggs for Amaura.

My Giratina was more lucky at 871. I always get shinies around egg 1-5 if I'm breeding a dumb poke I'm never going to use >_>

This is just a particularly unlucky streak, in fact the longest I've had. Prior to that was 5100 eggs for Amaura.

My Giratina was more lucky at 871. I always get shinies around egg 1-5 if I'm breeding a dumb poke I'm never going to use >_>
Even having to soft-reset 871 times just for a shiny would test my patience to the limit. I just want a good nature and decent IVs, and call it a day.

BTW, I like you're avatar. Very cute. I'm just wondering why the Flareon's eyes are white. Don't pupil-less eyes usually mean that either she has been caught in deep trouble, or she has been knocked unconscious?

Even having to soft-reset 871 times just for a shiny would test my patience to the limit. I just want a good nature and decent IVs, and call it a day.

BTW, I like you're avatar. Very cute. I'm just wondering why the Flareon's eyes are white. Don't pupil-less eyes usually mean that either she has been caught in deep trouble, or she has been knocked unconscious?
Yeah, it's not for everyone. I just can't bear to use certain pokes if they're not shiny because I like the colour scheme so much :P

Thanks! I think it's like a sensory overload from "OMG COOKIE"

Yeah, it's not for everyone. I just can't bear to use certain pokes if they're not shiny because I like the colour scheme so much :P

Yeah, I'll say! I'd probably do it if I had time to kill, but I already play too much as it is, and there is still so much stuff for me to do!

And yeah, sensory overload. That puts things in perspective!

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

That is what I find so memorable about you. Also, you need a therapy hug from Latios SRing

Also done with Steven. He screwed me over again in Multis because his Aero is Kamina-level impulsive and stupid. Getting out X so I can control all four mons. >_>

That is what I find so memorable about you. Also, you need a therapy hug from Latios SRing

Also done with Steven. He screwed me over again in Multis because his Aero is Kamina-level impulsive and stupid. Getting out X so I can control all four mons. >_>
Thanks. I actually just got the Latios like 5 minutes ago, haha. Finally!

It's a shame they removed the "your 3DS friends can be AI partners", the ORAS Ais have terrible pokemon

Want me to tell you why I put down Pokémon for several months and haven't picked it back up again until yesterday?

My 3DS had busted last July, so I got a new one and performed a system transfer.

And then...

"A communication error has occurred."

My internet crapped out mid-transfer. All of my save data was lost. All of my pokémon were dead in an instant. It had gotten my eShop data across successfully, so I could redownload Y and start over if I wanted to, but I just didn't have the heart for it. It hurt too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)