Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I have a question. Why is the cancel button (once you've made your move) so fucking useless?

It barely ever actually fucking works- it cancels you out, gives you plenty of time to select a new move, then fucking goes with the move you originally selected.
I'm just wondering because PO manages to have a functional cancel button just fine (seriously, replays are literally the only thing PS has over PO imo... and a non-retarded MRay ban I guess). Is it to do with the much larger load on the servers or something or is it just that PS fucking sucks?
It's really just the lag :/ since there's usually a high server load I'm guessing the cancel request doesn't reach in time to actually go through (I'm not sure about this but it definitely is lag )

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://puu.sh/e9YMT/7e83308910.jpg

I'm lacking sprites on the side and have done so for a while. The sprites in question in this screenshot (there's others as well I cannot see) are Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence. Prior to their evolving/field entry, I can still see them, but when they're evolving/revealed the sprites break.

How do I fix this?

I have a question. Why is the cancel button (once you've made your move) so fucking useless?

It barely ever actually fucking works- it cancels you out, gives you plenty of time to select a new move, then fucking goes with the move you originally selected.
I'm just wondering because PO manages to have a functional cancel button just fine (seriously, replays are literally the only thing PS has over PO imo... and a non-retarded MRay ban I guess). Is it to do with the much larger load on the servers or something or is it just that PS fucking sucks?

Edit: Thanks Lunistrius, that makes sense. Was just wondering because it's something I notice a lot while playing and it just played a role in a farm league battle I lost
The cancel button only works if the opponent hasn't chosen their move yet. If you hit cancel and change it, and then it doesn't go through, it means that your opponent already did something and the server was just lagging.

The cancel button should be used as a last resort type thing. When I battle, I pretend it doesn't exist because it has only led to broken dreams.

So, if someone is overly rude on Showdown (to the point of calling your opponent a c-word) you should report them to a mod, right? Anyone in particular? Also, can you report someone if you didn't save the replay? (I just wanted to get out of there at that point)

So, if someone is overly rude on Showdown (to the point of calling your opponent a c-word) you should report them to a mod, right? Anyone in particular? Also, can you report someone if you didn't save the replay? (I just wanted to get out of there at that point)
I believe you can address any global moderator (@) with the issue and they can help :] i don't think you need a replay but it is helpful

Can a senior administrator please give me a precise date of the next server restart? A time will also be much appreciated.
There's no set date or time when the server restarts. It usually restarts at about 1 week of uptime unless there's some other reason to restart.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There's no set date or time when the server restarts. It usually restarts at about 1 week of uptime unless there's some other reason to restart.
to add on to this, you can find the uptime by typing /uptime into any PS chatroom. :]

I cant talk in the lobbies. It says to be auto confirmed your account must be a week old but ive had the account for a year a have already won ladder matches.

I cant talk in the lobbies. It says to be auto confirmed your account must be a week old but ive had the account for a year a have already won ladder matches.
Well, the ladder was reset a while ago so if you haven't played games recently that may be why.

hello everyone, I come in peace. Anyhow, I'm trying to set up a showdown server but when I type node app.js it says it can't find it in the pokemon showdown folder, what could I be doing wrong?
I found a supposed solution on this that is making sure you've written npm install, but I already made sure I've done that in cmd, so don't suggest me to do this

oh yeah, sorry if this should be in the tech support thread

edit: the error I get is module.js:340, which should mean I'm not having the server.js

Last edited:
What battle music is played (don't want downloads or anything, just names, i.e. Sinnoh Rival theme), and is it possible to customize it?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was just wondering when Arceus holding a plate is transformed into its respective type is handled. The main concern I have has to do with whether this is handled before the ruleset.js is run, or after. If it is after, then that makes something I am working on much less complicated.

Last edited:
UPDATE ON MY QUESTION: I tried reinstalling the showdown folder and it worked

EDIT: both me and a friend have trouble becoming admin on our own server, I tried a lot of stuff, opening the csv as a notepad and writing "agunymonymous,~" (without the quote tags, mind you) was the main thing I tried, also fyi yes, I have the same name on showdown AND it is registered, is it cause my server isn't online?

Last edited:
If you can connect to your server, that means that your server is online. It might not be registered, but it's online.

As for the admin permissions, what else is in your config/usergroups.csv file? Each staff thing should be on a separate line.

Did you remember to restart your server after you updated the csv file? You need to do that whenever you update that file.

In addition, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for server related help.

If you can connect to your server, that means that your server is online. It might not be registered, but it's online.

As for the admin permissions, what else is in your config/usergroups.csv file? Each staff thing should be on a separate line.

Did you remember to restart your server after you updated the csv file? You need to do that whenever you update that file.

In addition, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for server related help.
third line worked like a charm, I thought that'd work but I must've done it wrong that time, my bad, feel kinda dumb lmao
fourth line, yeah you're prob right, my bad. but thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)