Other The official pokemon top 10s! [CHECK POST 240]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not really true, bulky zardx, Lati@s and MegaAlt can all switch into zardy, especially if its lacking dragon pulse.
Damn, I knew I forgot something :> Fair enough, but what's switching for!

Kyurem-B @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature

- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Fairies might be a bit of a problem, especially Sylveon, but stall generally uses Clefable, which can't really switch into Cube due to the threat of Ice Beam. Fusion Bolt breaks Mega Slowbro or any other water-type, as well as SpD Talonflame. Earth Power hits Tran.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab / Earthquake

+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Yup.

This guy needs a lot of support, due to its 4mss and reliance on SD, but at +2 this guy is truly hard to stop. Considering Jirachi and Bronzong are the only steels weak to EQ that see use in stall, Poison Jab can go over it.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest / Quiet Nature

- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

I might be obsessed with Exploud lol... this guy literally shits on stall once Chansey has been removed. Its Boomburst hits harder than Gardy's Hyper Voice, and while steels resist it, they have to fear its Fire Blast, which can OHKO Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory after SR, as well as badly damage Jirachi and Bronzong. Focus Blast is mainly for Heatran and Tyranitar, while Surf hits Rhyperior.
All of those pokemon are Wallbreakers, which is for another week!

This set is walled to hell and back by Mega Sableye. I think Gliscor needs Swords Dance to at least threaten it. Also, I would personally run Fire Fang to at least touch Skarmory (drop U-Turn) or you can't do anything to it other than Taunt. So, the moveset should be SD/ EQ / Fire Fang / Taunt
It is walled by Mega Sableye, but that hardly hurts its viability as a stallbreaker. I strongly disagree with your suggestion to run Fire Fang because it's a complete waste of a move slot. It hits Skarmory for "super effective" damage (probably ~30% lol), but there is literally NO reason not to run Knock Off instead of Fire Fang, as it eventually KO's Skarmory more efficiently. Fire Fang has Gliscor taking unnecessary damage if Skarmory has Rocky Helmet, and either way Taunt will prevent Skarmory from ever getting an opportunity to roost.

Or you can just predict the likely switch and use U-Turn since a taunted skarmory can't do anything. Same goes for Sableye - if it's obviously coming in, you can opt for a safe U-Turn.

Has nobody even mentioned Mega Gallade yet? Just a thought, not reserving it.

EDIT: I forgot, Mega Gallade is hard-walled by M-Sableye and M-Slowbro.

It seems like some of you guys are having trouble telling the difference between Wallbreakers and Stallbreakers.

Wallbreakers use their sheer offensive power/coverage to break through walls.

Examples of Wallbreakers:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Stallbreakers, on the other hand, basically break through stall through the use of status or by preventing stall from being able to use reliable recovery. Most stallbreakers carry taunt and status, and have reliable recovery and/or cannot be touched by many common stallmons.

Examples of Stallbreakers:
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Time for one of the best if not the best stallbreaker right now!
mew_0.jpg

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Knock Off

It's the stallbreaker Mew everyone knows and loves, I found it amazing how this little fellow can handle an entire stallcore by himself. Outspeeding all the clerics and disabling them. There is one new stallmon however that mew will have trouble with. And that new stallmon is named Mega Sableye. Imo Will-o-Wisp is enough to just cripple it and leave the rest to a teammate, but if this stallboss is your greatest concern you can run toxic instead of it and ensure mew winning in the long run.

Why I think Mew should win? It's so versatile and easy to slap on a team, also mew can fill more roles than just a stallbreaker. I for one gave him the ev's to be a special tank while still being able to break stall and outspeeding most of the slower but strong mons (like bisharp) who hate getting burned.

Last edited:
Time for one of the best if not the best stallbreaker right now!
View attachment 33977

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Knock Off

It's the stallbreaker Mew everyone knows and loves, I found it amazing how this little fellow can handle an entire stallcore by himself. Outspeeding all the clerics and disabling them. There is one new stallmon however that mew will have trouble with. Imo Will-o-Wisp is enough to just cripple it and leave the rest to a teammate, but if this new stallboss is your greatest concern you can run toxic instead of it and ensure mew winning in the long run.
Mega Sableye says hi.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Addition to the previous post: Outside of Taunt users
Mega Sableye says hi.
He explained how he is going to handle Mega Sableye (synchronize status) It may not be the best way to beat Mega Sableye, but you can still wear it down with these status and prevent clerics from healing him. Using something to heal your own status so you are not forced out and give a cleric a free switch will be nice support. It got worse with ORAS, but still a solid stallbreaker imo

If you're talking about the Burn, Mew can still Burn Sableye via Synchronize
Also, M-Sab isn't on every team. Mew is still a decent stall breaker and should be noted as such.
True, but Sableye still beats mew 1v1 and Sableye is the most influential pokemon on stall (it pretty much drives the playstyle along with mega Slowbro) so it should be taken in acount when putting a stall breaker on your team. Not denying that mew is good stall breaker (cause it is) but you should mention if it can beat mega Sableye, as is one of the most common pokemon on stall.

It is walled by Mega Sableye, but that hardly hurts its viability as a stallbreaker. I strongly disagree with your suggestion to run Fire Fang because it's a complete waste of a move slot. It hits Skarmory for "super effective" damage (probably ~30% lol), but there is literally NO reason not to run Knock Off instead of Fire Fang, as it eventually KO's Skarmory more efficiently. Fire Fang has Gliscor taking unnecessary damage if Skarmory has Rocky Helmet, and either way Taunt will prevent Skarmory from ever getting an opportunity to roost.

Or you can just predict the likely switch and use U-Turn since a taunted skarmory can't do anything. Same goes for Sableye - if it's obviously coming in, you can opt for a safe U-Turn.
Being unable to get past the face of stall, Mega Sableye is one big problem for a stallbreaker. And if you Taunt (you are pretty much forced to do this against every team member to get past them) , the opposing player can simply switch to Mega Sableye and surprise, your Gliscor now can't do anything! Besides, when you have Poison Heal, Rocky Helmet isn't doing much to you anyway. As for U-Turn, it's generally a free recovery turn for the opponent (remember you can't afford to Taunt due to Magic Bounce Mega Sableye).
However, I do agree with you that Knock Off is better than Fire Fang.

So what do you guys think of my Cobra set
it a couple of posts above or I can show you this
Cobraaaaaaaaa (GI Joe reference)
Serperior @ Life Orb
Contrary
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
Leaf Storm
Taunt
Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ground
Giga Drain/ Synthesis/ Leech Seed
It can bust past Megaeye and a lot of stall mons with Leaf Spam

Random Passerby
then put a sableye check on your team

<--

Problem solved. It doesn't even matter if you taunt yourself, because U-Turn will ensure that you never lose momentum. Sableye is known for being one of the few stall/setup sweepers that can get past most stallbreakers anyway, but it does little to support its team outside of hazard prevention. It certainly doesn't stop Gliscor from shutting down Chansey, Skarmory and Ferrothorn among other things.

Mega Sableye doesn't define whether or not a Taunt user can be a Stallbreaker.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 216 Atk / 148 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin / Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic

This Excadrill set is not a stallbreaker in the strictest sense of the word, in that it can't shut down stall directly, but is designed to match up well against some common pokemon on stall teams. The EVs are probably not optimal, but they outrun all standard Tentacruels, with a reasonable chance of OHKOing with Earthquake, and allow Excadrill to switch into Clefable, with a good chance of avoiding the 2HKO from Flamethrower, even if 1 layer of Spikes and Stealth Rocks are up; Excadrill can even (just) survive a 252 SpA Heatran's Lava Plume and OHKO back with Earthquake. Iron Head, sometimes in combination with Toxic, lets you beat Clefable, Chansey, and Mega Altaria sets without Earthquake, three of the most common clerics on stall teams. Mold Breaker Toxic allows it to status Mega Sableye, and Mold Breaker Stealth Rocks bypass Magic Bounce, and otherwise safe switchins like Chesnaught, Landorus-T and Cresselia won't appreciate a Toxic. Although the set can't touch Skarmory, Ferrothorn (although with Earthquake doing 34.3 - 40.9%, it needs to be reasonably healthy to switch in safely), Gliscor, Mega Slowbro sets with Rest, and Mega Scizor, they can be handled by teammates.

Last edited:
Can't believe no one has already posted this:

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick

I guess that everyone knows what he does so yeh won't say too many things. It can 2HKOs Skarmory and Hippowdon with +1 HJK that otherwise annoy any set without PuP. +1 Frustation also lets Lop to get ride of Mega Venusaur, another mon that beats any lopunny that lacks PuP. Substitute is used because it lets you to avoid somehow status, it also allows you to be able to setup on Mega Sableye, and to get advantage of opponent's switches more easily. It gets walled by Slowbro though, as it easily tanks even +1 Frustation so you better run something to deal with it when you are using Sub PuP Mega Lopunny. Adamant nature would be better against Stall and bulkier teams in general of course, but you would really struggle against any fast team if you run that, and Jolly has enough power anyways.

Also this:

Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Even if most people prefer to run bulkier kinds of set on Altaria, that set still does a great job at stallbreaking. Usually, Stall teams will have Skarmory / Ferrothorn / Heatran as their answers to Altaria, and this Altaria is able to beat all these things with Fire Blast and EQ. It's still walled by Venusaur and Amoonguss though, so you need something like Psychic Thundurus (I said the first thing that came on my mind, there are probably better options) to get ride of them. Status are also a bit problematic as you don't have Heal Bell or Substitute on this set, even if you are probably using it on a offensive teams and you won't have a cleric.

Tele

a quality human being

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind/Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

With a 165 base Special Attack, few things can take well an Hyper Voice after 1 Calm Mind. Most stall teams rely on Chansey (or Cresselia) to wall this monster, but taunt Garde can easily get past them. Steel types like Heatran and Ferrothorn are generally a problem, but if you predict correctly, Focus Blast is always going to be a clean 2kho. So yea, I really think that Garde is one of the most effective stall breakers, not only because it has amazing offensive stats, but it can also run different sets (like Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Wish), that are all viable in the current metagame

Reactions: pj
Just wanted to point out that Modest is usually better on Mega Gard, as you already outspeed the stuff you need to even with a Modest nature while you gain more fire power that is useful to break things. Also you are probably using either CM + 3 attacks or Taunt + 3 attacks but you probably would never use a Taunt + CM set without Focus Blast because you don't like gettin walled by Steel-type mons like Ferrothorn and Heatran so I would just remain Focus Blast as the only option in the 2nd slot and maybe slash CM in the first slot with Taunt (even if Taunt is generally more consistent against Stall teams because it lets you to beat more easily things like Chansey, while I guess CM is more consistent against more balanced oriented building)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The choice between Modest and Timid on M-Gard is team dependent for the most part because using a Modest nature means you lose out against standard Zard-X before the boost and already boosted Manaphy, so Timid is pretty important in not auto-losing to some of these along with the disadvantage of being outpaced by Jolly Bisharp and Breloom if running a Modest nature.

Tele

a quality human being
CM+Taunt is totally viable instead. For example if you use MegaGarde + Magnezone/Magneton then you don't need Focus Blast for Ferro and Skarmory (which isnt a bad thing cos anyway Focus Blast is a 2kho on these mons and its gonna miss). Or another option might be MegaGarde + Dugtrio to deal with Heatran and Jirachi, and then again you don't need Focus Blast. A set with only 1 offensive move and 3 status moves can be good too, I've seen bulky variants with Wish/Protect/Taunt performing nicely. That's what i like of Gardevoir, the fact that it can run many sets and you can hardly predict it.
You are right about the nature tho, Modest is probably better since the Timid nature only outspeeds a bunch of mons, like the 2 Charizards, and anyway its probably a speed tie

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
Neither of these things are actually stallbreakers though, I suppose at least Lopunny can beat most stallmons with that set, but that Altaria said can't get past half the mons on stall, most notably Unaware Clefable/Quagsire.

Neither of these things are actually stallbreakers though, I suppose at least Lopunny can beat most stallmons with that set, but that Altaria said can't get past half the mons on stall, most notably Unaware Clefable/Quagsire.
252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see these calcs show that both Clefable and even Quagsire must be near full health to live 2 Frustations from Altaria (Unaware Clefable gets always 2HKO'd by Frustation if Stealth Rock are up), so yeh I wouldn't definitely say that Altaria can't get past of these two mons.

Wanted also answer to what AM and Tele posted you, about what AM said I think that while Timid can be helpful against the mons you mentioned, against three of them (the Charizards and Manaphy), you have to play a speed tie anyways, so I guess using Timid Garde isn't a reliable way to get ride of them, and you would have something to deal with them in your team in any case, but I agree that Timid Gardevoir has its own merits and therefore it can be used in certain teams (everyone changes sets in their team according to what the team needs so that not new I guess).

Also to answer about what tele said, I meant that generally Gard doesn't use CM + Taunt because it needs Focus Blast to hit steel mons, but yeh if you use it with Magnezone or Dugtrio to trap them I guess you can even lack FB.

252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see these calcs show that both Clefable and even Quagsire must be near full health to live 2 Frustations from Altaria (Unaware Clefable gets always 2HKO'd by Frustation if Stealth Rock are up), so yeh I wouldn't definitely say that Altaria can't get past of these two mons.

Wanted also answer to what AM and Tele posted you, about what AM said I think that while Timid can be helpful against the mons you mentioned, against three of them (the Charizards and Manaphy), you have to play a speed tie anyways, so I guess using Timid Garde isn't a reliable way to get ride of them, and you would have something to deal with them in your team in any case, but I agree that Timid Gardevoir has its own merits and therefore it can be used in certain teams (everyone changes sets in their team according to what the team needs so that not new I guess).

Also to answer about what tele said, I meant that generally Gard doesn't use CM + Taunt because it needs Focus Blast to hit steel mons, but yeh if you use it with Magnezone or Dugtrio to trap them I guess you can even lack FB.
Doesn't really matter. It's not a stallbreaker and thus does not qualify. It's just a wallbreaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)