Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Want me to tell you why I put down Pokémon for several months and haven't picked it back up again until yesterday?

My 3DS had busted last July, so I got a new one and performed a system transfer.

And then...

"A communication error has occurred."

My internet crapped out mid-transfer. All of my save data was lost. All of my pokémon were dead in an instant. It had gotten my eShop data across successfully, so I could redownload Y and start over if I wanted to, but I just didn't have the heart for it. It hurt too much.
Okay, you win. :( There can be no worse luck then loosing your save data. I'd feel exactly the same as you do, no doubt.

Want me to tell you why I put down Pokémon for several months and haven't picked it back up again until yesterday?

My 3DS had busted last July, so I got a new one and performed a system transfer.

And then...

"A communication error has occurred."

My internet crapped out mid-transfer. All of my save data was lost. All of my pokémon were dead in an instant. It had gotten my eShop data across successfully, so I could redownload Y and start over if I wanted to, but I just didn't have the heart for it. It hurt too much.
This is exactly why I prefer game cards.

Actually, this sorta happened to me when I got a new 3DS, except it was just virtual console games. While it is annoying that I have to start over Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages, there are worse things. Namely what happened to you.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I prefer game cards.

Actually, this sorta happened to me when I got a new 3DS, except it was just virtual console games. While it is annoying that I have to start over Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages, there are worse things. Namely what happened to you.
Ironically, I started using downloads to prevent similar situations. I am a chronic loser/damager of physical media.

Basically, I just can't win.

My 20 battle-streak in the Super Singles just ended violently when my Metagross missed with Zen Headbutt not once, which allowed the enemy Eelektross to get a Coil boost, but also twice. Eelektross then proceeded to sweep me, with me unable to do much about it. Which had a 2.5% chance of happening in the same game. And not because of Bright Powder, like I first thought, but because of that ungodly 2.5% chance, or in other words, because the game pretty much felt like it!

If Zen Headbutt hadn't missed the first time, I would've probably easily beaten my opponent.

I call foul play!!

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Nuzlocking Platinum and I somehow managed to lose a Monferno to Gardenia's Cherrim. What's worse here is that run is as good as done since the rest of my team cannot handle Jupiter.

I am not walking to my demise to the sound of music that would not be out of place in an elevator.

Not really bad luck but horribly cruel. I was doing Wonderlocke of Omega Ruby and had gotten a Drought Vulpix. So I was training it in the desert area because, hey, it gets rid of the sand. I run into a trainer with a Sandslash and decide to stay in, as it had no physical Ground moves. Well, it hits me with a Sand Tomb, survive fairly easily, but I'm trapped now. I figure I can take it out with another Sun-boosted Flame Burst...but it lives with a sliver of health and proceeds to crit me with Sand Tomb. I live on 1 HP...but the Sand Tomb damage takes me out. Fml.
Fortunately, the game decided to take pity on me, and my next encounter through Wonder Trade was a Shiny Lvl. 100 Zoroark (I didn't use it but it was certainly an amazing find)

I remember something that happened involving real-life timing. I got my copy of Platinum on 13 May 2009. The US event for the Rotom forms ended 12 May 2009. I was annoyed when I learned this (I didn't even have the Wi-Fi set up until a few weeks later). Fortunately, a couple of days later, Europe was getting the Rotom forms and somehow, I was able to get it through that event, despite me being in the US when it happened. That has never happened again as far as I can tell (and trust me, I've tried from the HGSS Mew event to the recent Contrary Serperior event*).

*Speaking of, you can now get the Contrary Serperior outside of Japan until 30 November 2015.

Getting crited by a Play Rough from an Azumarill, right before I was gonna strike back with a Storm Drain boosted Giga Drain. And Cradily had even set up with Stockpile too!!! Then again, that whole match was botched from the start. I should've just attacked with Azumarill, rather than getting greedy and using Belly Drum when that Blaziken switched out. Lesson learned.

I had a Maison opponent use Double Team and cause me to miss five times in a row. Luckily it was in triples so that was over the course of two turns and the spread moves took out everything else, but still. Five times in a row.

I remember I got Pokemon coliseum around 2006 (I wanted the ho oh). Everything was going fine, chugging right along, until I met the guy with the catchable Entei. It took me 6 MONTHS TO CATCH IT. 6 MONTHS. It's not like I played everyday, but come on. I got it down to 1 hp and paralyzed it, put it to sleep, nothing worked. When I got it, though, it was the most satisfying catch of my life.

In a random Battle Spot battle, doing well, about to 2KO this Zapdos with my Metagross's Ice Punch. But she didn't see that coming. Then she gets lucky with a Burn from a Heat Wave, and it quickly falls apart from there.

Apparently, a healthy Azumarill can survive a Zapdos's T-Bolt, so I should've used Play Rough...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Getting in some VGC practice on Battle Spot.

Suicune vs. Bisharp.

Hydro Pump missed.

Twice in a row.
The accuracy of Hydro Pump is only 80 %, so it's not that unlikely that it'd miss two times consecutively - four percent, which is to say it's more likely to happen than not at least once over 25 attempts.

When I beat the Elite Four in Pokemon X, my Talonflame hit Diantha's Gardevoir with Steel Wing once, then whiffed it 5-6 times in a row after that before finally hitting again and finishing it off. I had to keep sacrificing the rest of my team to revive it every time it missed, it was ridiculous.

Lost my 17th (or was it 18th?) and 37th Consecutive Double Battle due in part to confusion hax from an Umbreon, which prevented me from being able to keep fighting effectively. I have to wonder if using Muk instead of Slowbro would have helped better against that Gengar?
Hard to say when the AI is too stupid to use Confuse Ray right off the bat in mock battles like in a real Maison Battle. I can't tell if focusing my attacks on Umbreon would have helped to beat those confusion hax in time.

I was soft-reseting for a Modest Heatran with 31 IVs in HP and Speed. It took 37 fucking tries, but I finally found one. And then it gives me a fucking HASTY nature!!
OOOOOHHHH, THAT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD!!!! Why sometimes I just get so pissed off at the inept game engine, I imagine if I were Yosemite Sam, I'd imagine that I'd chuck my DS out the window into the lake, and if I could still find what was left, I'd blast that to bits!!! Then again, lynching whoever decided to make Synchronize not work 100% of the time also seems reasonable in that sort of mindset, and making him fix that oversight, or else!

Logically, I just settled with yelling in frustration at my DS, and reset again for the 38th fucking time. Getting a Heatran with the right IVs is obviously going to take longer than I thought. No wonder people just cheat, and program their own Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)