Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sucker Punch

I always liked Cacnea due of its cool movepool, access to SD and NP it's pretty cool and his high attack stats would make him an incredible sweeper, but his low speed and shitty defense make hard to sweep. I'll add something after I'll ladder more

Edit: after laddering a bit I've seen that Cacnea really needs Webs because his low speed make difficult to sweep fast teams and it never get time to boost

Last edited:
i'll give this a go

Alt:cccacnea
Pokemon:
Cacnea @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Edit: Can we get the ranks changed? The fact that you have to be 50 points ahead of #1 right now for gold is ridiculous.

Edit: Can we get the ranks changed? The fact that you have to be 50 points ahead of #1 right now for gold is ridiculous.
You've got a point there, changed the ranks and now they are: Anyone that reaches in the 1550s+ will receive "Gold" anyone that reaches 1450-1549 will receive "Silver" and anyone that reaches 1400-1449 will receive Bronze in the Hall of Fame.

alt: schlange
pokemon:
Chikorita @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 156 HP / 160 Def / 48 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fighting

Last edited:
alt: Chicarita
Chikorita @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 48 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy

and

alt: Nothin's Quenchier
Cacnea (Set TBD)

Alt: SkiddoKing
Ranks: 1000
Skiddo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 236 Atk / 52 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Milk Drink
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break

My beginning thoughts of skiddo looking at it are its nice balanced stats, accompanied by an average typing and an above average movepool. Its downside is the awkward endings leave a lot of leftover evs. Horn leech/leaf blade are the grass stabs of choice, and its coverage is brick break rock slide wild charge and zen headbutt. It also has milk drink and bulk up as awesome support moves, though bulk up is rather suboptimal cause fletchling still does a lot unless you drop speed and add more bulk, which looks bad. I chose brick break and zen as my coverage moves because they have great coverage on stuff like ferroseed and the fighters like croagunk or poison types like foongus, and horn leech is to stay healthy while attacking. Skiddo with my evs hits 14 speed and 17 attack, which is rather impressive, as it outspeeds most defensive mons and its bulk is decent with 23/18/18 rather uninvested. Though one downside is I can't touch ponyta, so it needs help in that regard.
236+ Atk Skiddo Brick Break vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 8-10 (36.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

236+ Atk Skiddo Brick Break vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Ferroseed: 10-14 (45.4 - 63.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (11.6 chance without SR)

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 80 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Skrelp: 10-12 (45.4 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 80 HP / 196 Def Skrelp: 14-18 (63.6 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

236+ Atk Skiddo Zen Headbutt vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Timburr: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Now the calcs aren't the greatest considering you need perfect prediction or knock off support/SR but thats not that much in this meta.

First of all, i have inserted in short a Golett's evaluation

Alt: Intruders Barnes Chris
Pokémon:
Cacnea @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Edit: I'm afraid, but I stop laddering, not even a bronze medal for me! I tried to use this Cancnea's set on sand team with Hippo (naturally), Defog Vullaby, Foo, scarf Chinchou and CM Spritzee. Perhaps it's my fault but I think its low Speed is the reason of its weakness. Only Sucker Punch is not enough to be feared. Perhaps in a skicky web (even a sand SW?), could be better. But perhaps C- rank could be too much for it.

Last edited:
I'm bored so I'll be participating too:

Alt: Cactus Wrath
Pokémon:
Cacnea @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Last edited:
Even though Skiddo is cuter...

Alt: Cacneafolk
Pokémon:
Cacnea @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Alt: Prickle Prackle
Pokémon:
Cacnea @ Choice Band
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Switcheroo

Cacnea's got a bunch of interesting support and offensive options. I'm excited to build with it to support set up sweepers such as pawniard, while still posing a threat itself.

Yeah, after using this for a bit, I can say that I'd really prefer a Scarf set with Destiny Bond over the current set. While I liked the raw power of my little cactus, it loses so much momentum vs offensive Pokemon. At the very least, I could use Cacnea as a 141 vs the noobmons on the ladder.

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alt: Prickle Prackle
Pokémon:
Cacnea @ Choice Band
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Switcheroo

Cacnea's got a bunch of interesting support and offensive options. I'm excited to build with it to support set up sweepers such as pawniard, while still posing a threat itself.
Are you sure Drain Punch wouldn't work better? LC mons doesn't weigh much

Alt : Skiddonaeres
Pokémon :

Skiddo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 68 HP / 236 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide

SubBU Skiddo is pretty interesting, with a free set-up on stuff like pumpkaboo, drilbur, cottonee, chinchou without ice beam. I chase Skiddo because I like his bulk, and SubBoosting. Cacnea is too frail for me.

Last edited:
I won the bronzor medal I trust :) :

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-05-1422717817-capture-d-ecran-13.png

I will edit if I win more points. 1447 elo actually

Edit : Silver Rank reached.

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-05-1422719421-capture-d-ecran-18.png

25e and 1463 elo :)

I stop with this account, I will test another thing.
Export of my team if it can be useful : http://pastebin.com/HYkWvyi1

So, let's test Chikorita !

Alt : Chikores Scans
Pokémon :

Chikorita @ Light Clay
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Chikorita Dual Screen has some niches : His bulk, a good heal move, and a typing who allows it to set screens on Dril/Chou, for exemple. His speed is badly quite low.
However, he stays a good support for HO teams.

Last edited:

Reached the bronze rank and I'll try to aim higher later.

Cacnea is quite average to be honest but it had some times when it was helpful mainly thanks to Sucker Punch. I didn't get to use it much to be honest as the rest of my team is already good by itself but it can be a nice revenge killer for slow stuff or even faster stuff with Sucker Punch, it can also work well with Knock Off support that its other teammates provide and deal well with stallish teams. The All-Out-Attacker set is quite solid and I think it's better than the SD and NP sets even though they can be used succesfuly along with Sticky Web support, tagging Fran17 and The Quasar as I think they used these sets along with webs support. I'll be editing this post if I go any higher.

Also, I'd like to hear how you guys are doing with this? So I'll be tagging you: fitzy72, Svalkenaeres, boo836, cityfolk, kingmidas, Joltage, Infamy, im gay and love suckng cocks (lol)

Cacnea is quite average to be honest but it had some times when it was helpful mainly thanks to Sucker Punch. I didn't get to use it much to be honest as the rest of my team is already good by itself but it can be a nice revenge killer for slow stuff or even faster stuff with Sucker Punch, it can also work well with Knock Off support that its other teammates provide and deal well with stallish teams. The All-Out-Attacker set is quite solid and I think it's better than the SD and NP sets even though they can be used succesfuly along with Sticky Web support, tagging Fran17 and The Quasar as I think they used these sets along with webs support. I'll be editing this post if I go any higher.

Also, I'd like to hear how you guys are doing with this? So I'll be tagging you: fitzy72, Svalkenaeres, boo836, cityfolk, kingmidas, Joltage, Infamy, im gay and love suckng cocks (lol)
TBH I gave up because Cacnea was kinda dead weight for the team. It's hard to set up an SD since it's so slow and frail, and it's sucker punch doesnt deal that much damage since it isn't STAB. I maxed out at a 1312 rank on my alt "cacneafolk" and stopped there.

ily

Anyways, I was doing pretty well until I got btfo by hax, but from this hax I could see that Chikorita is PRETTY BAD. Chikorita's average defense stats make it so much harder to do its job because once its Eviolite is gone, it can't take any hits (it can barely take any hits well with Eviolite anyway). Either way, the hax would've been easy to rebound from if Chikorita was something better like Spritzee. Chikorita's bulk is just way too average, and it can't support its team at all outside of Aromatherapy, not to mention that Grass is not that good for a defensive Pokemon.

I've pretty much given up as well, Spikes are really fun but Cacnea is really awful at setting them up. It loses to most leads, and it really doesn't get more than one layer up most of the time even when it has a comparatively favorable match up versus the opponent.

To be honest, Skiddo is great but Chikorita is really meh.
I think Cacnea is good too.
Anyways, I will try to reach at least a bronze with chiko, but really...

kektus is totally right, his bulk without eviolite is ridiculous, he is just too slow, and Snivy does almost always better the work. Really, it's a bad pokémon I think, and a bad D Rank too.

Alright, so tbh I didn't get very high with either research subject I went with, but I played enough with each of them to develop an opinion on both of them.

First, I'll talk about Cacnea. I didn't enjoy running Cacnea, I ran a life orb SD set with seed bomb, sucker punch, and drain punch. And it was just really disappointing. It's too slow to hit the offensive threats in the tier with STAB, and that non-STAB sucker just doesn't do enough damage. Cacnea is also let down by his abysmal bulk and the prevalence of moves the hit him super effectively. That said, Cacnea could occasionally put in a bit of work against certain teams, but that was rarely the case. Overall, Cacnea was pretty much dead-weight on the team, which admittedly wasn't a well-built one anyway; and though I can see Cacnea working with the right support, I certainly won't be using him again anytime soon. Peak:

Chikorita was also, just really not very good. She tries to be fat, but she just isn't very bulky. Again the prevalence of super effective moves, like u-turn and sludge bomb do her no favors. Chikorita also just hits like a limp noodle, which pretty much renders her set-up bait for a lot of mons, like pawniard and timburr. Surprisingly though, Chikorita actually put in a decent amount of work, it set up a screen or two sometimes and served as a solid drilbur and water-check and even won me a game or two. Unfortunately for Chikorita, her screens niche is not enough for me to justify running her over the other grass types in the tier, like foongus, pumpkaboo, and ferroseed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)