Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I was wondering how the time machine breeding technique works for gender? (oras)
I'm trying to get a perfect 5IV female charmander and it's getting pretty tedious... Anyway BOTH gender and IVs can be anticipated like the regular time machine method (with magikarps?)
Gender is a bit trickier than IVs, since it works differently. A spread that gives female with Magikarp probably won't give a female with Charmander, since they have different gender ratios. To accurately know if you'll get a female with Charmander, you would have to use another Pokemon that has a 87.5% chance of being male.

Gender is a bit trickier than IVs, since it works differently. A spread that gives female with Magikarp probably won't give a female with Charmander, since they have different gender ratios. To accurately know if you'll get a female with Charmander, you would have to use another Pokemon that has a 87.5% chance of being male.
So basically I just have to continue hacting eggs to get the one I want? Oh well. Thanks!

Do your parents cover all the IVs you want? If they do, just keep going until you get a 5 IV! It's the longest stage (1 in 24 I think, not sure) but the only option is to continue hatching eggs until you get the 5IV you want! :)
Sadly no, I am missing the Spe IV on both parents.

However I don't have a HA one, PM me so you can trade me a HA spitback and I can do the breeding for you, don't really need anything in return, having a HA snorunt is enough :)
Thanks! Will consider this as a desperate option :p Will try to contact you in a few days, since I would like to breed one on my own. Grateful for the offer, though!

Thanks! Will consider this as a desperate option :p Will try to contact you in a few days, since I would like to breed one on my own. Grateful for the offer, though!
That's fine. But can you still send me a spitback of a HA Snorunt? Been looking for one for a while, would trade you a HA spitback pokemon of my own.

Oh that's not gonna be fun... You basically have 0.2*1/32=0.006->0.6% chance to get one (if my math is correct). So you might want to take up on the offer, or find another male poke in the same egg group with speed Iv to breed with....

Flabebe Modest Flower Veil Female 31/x/31/30/31/30 (+Camoflauge, Captivate, Copycat, Moonblast)
HP Fire
Flabebe Modest Flower Veil Female 31/x/31/30/30/31 (+Camoflauge, Captivate, Copycat, Moonblast)
HP Ground
Flabebe Timid Symbiosis Female 31/x/31/30/30/31 (+Camoflauge, Captivate, Copycat, Moonblast)
HP Ground
Flabebe Timid Symbiosis Female 31/31/31/30/30/31 (+Camoflauge, Captivate, Copycat, Moonblast)
HP Ground
Flabebe Bold Flower Veil Female 31/31/31/30/30/31 (+Camoflauge, Captivate, Copycat, Moonblast)
HP Ground
Interested in the white flabebe in premier ball, and possibly the red one in heal ball. PM me so we can work something out without clogging the thread :P

That's fine. But can you still send me a spitback of a HA Snorunt? Been looking for one for a while, would trade you a HA spitback pokemon of my own.
Probably tomorrow, I'm typing this right before bed.

Oh that's not gonna be fun... You basically have 0.2*1/32=0.006->0.6% chance to get one (if my math is correct). So you might want to take up on the offer, or find another male poke in the same egg group with speed Iv to breed with....
I happen to have lots of male marills which are on the same EG. Should I slap a knot or an anklet on this parent?

Probably tomorrow, I'm typing this right before bed.

I happen to have lots of male marills which are on the same EG. Should I slap a knot or an anklet on this parent?
If you have a male marill with the spread you want, use him as the "father", and give him the knot. keep the everstone on the Snorunt. Make sure your parents cover all the ivs you want in you end poke (when you have 5ivs). After that, it's a matter of time before you get your perfect 5iv snorunt ;)
Be aware that if both pokes are from you, you will drastically reduce the number of eggs produced, so I insist that exchanging is an easier solution, but up to you :)

If you have a male marill with the spread you want, use him as the "father", and give him the knot. keep the everstone on the Snorunt. Make sure your parents cover all the ivs you want in you end poke (when you have 5ivs). After that, it's a matter of time before you get your perfect 5iv snorunt ;)
Be aware that if both pokes are from you, you will drastically reduce the number of eggs produced, so I insist that exchanging is an easier solution, but up to you :)
I obtained most of the marills from WT, no problem. :D

Edit: Thanks for the thorough explanation!

There is no "German" region game. There is European.

All the Generation 6 games can be played in any language (which you choose when you start a new game). If you have a European console, then it's a European game you're playing. If you're not playing it in German that is because you did not choose the German language when you started your game.
No im asking it for shiny breeding with a ditto so i need to see which ditto i dont need that it from the same region of the game (german)

Keep or toss....

Modest Horsea HP Fire 31/even/31/30/31/24
spitback keep if it is female in Apricorn ball?

but should try for that 30 speed,its not that hard given the breeding is made too easy in 6th gen.
5th and lower has RNG, so no reason to keep.

Keep or Toss? Flawless or bust? 177th Reset as I have nothing to do better during a blizard n-n

Heatran - #485 (Modest) : 31 / 20 - 21 / 30 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 31

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No im asking it for shiny breeding with a ditto so i need to see which ditto i dont need that it from the same region of the game (german)
Which I've now answered twice. But for a third (and final) time:

Pokémon for Masuda Method breeding are determined by the language of the Pokémon*. If when you play your game, the language the in-game characters speak is German, then you have your language set to German.

Any Pokémon you receive as an egg/catch will be German language. In order to have Pokémon compatible with these for Masuda Method, you require a non-German Pokémon. Any Pokémon which is non-German will have a Language Tag on its summary screen (when viewed on your game)—those little tags that say [SPA] , [JPN] , [KOR] , [ENG] , etc. at the top.

If you are breeding two foreign Pokémon, i.e. two Pokémon which both have a Language Tag on their summary screens (when viewed on your game), then those two tags must be different for them to work for the Masuda Method breeding.

Please replace "German" with "English", etc. depending on what language the in-game characters speak on your game.

*To be overly clear, the language of your game has nothing to do with the region of your console or cartridge. Any region cartridge (in Generation 6) can be played in any language (AFAIK).

If HP Ice, maybe keep, otherwise toss.
Keep for sure if HP Ice imo
I'd keep. It's close enough to flawless, unless you're really THAT bored watching the blizzard.
If trading: toss

For personal use: keep only if the Sp Def is 29

(And stay warm! ) ;)
HP Bug , *sigh*. lol. I guess I'll toss since I have nothing better to do during a blizzard. thanks for the responses ! :]

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So I was wondering how the time machine breeding technique works for gender? (oras)
I'm trying to get a perfect 5IV female charmander and it's getting pretty tedious... Anyway BOTH gender and IVs can be anticipated like the regular time machine method (with magikarps?)
I have a F/M/F/F/F/31 TM spread for 12.5% Females, w/HA. If you want, I can breed a Charmander for you with this spread (if you can supply a Female parent) and trade the egg to you? Won't be available till later tonight however.

Keep or Toss? Flawless or bust?

Heatran - #485 (Modest) : 31 / 20 - 21 / 30 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 31
Keep if it's for personal use

I have a F/M/F/F/F/31 TM spread for 12.5% Females, w/HA. If you want, I can breed a Charmander for you with this spread (if you can supply a Female parent) and trade the egg to you? Won't be available till later tonight however.

Keep if it's for personal use
Thanks, that's nice, but I want to do it myself :)
Thanks a bunch for the offer though!

Reactions: Xen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)