Generation Showdown [Online Competition] Finished!

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That Snorlax set will be horrible here. Klefki could work (as it's annoying in any meta it's allowed in) but I'm not sure how effective it will be. Like I've explained to many new users here; don't bother settling for stuff you have on hand, go out and breed stuff you need (and don't settle for imperfect!)
I used Klefki on my Battle of Legends team and it's actually quite effective against anything that's not named Primal Groudon - it makes a fantastic Xerneas answer with it's Steel typing, Thunder Wave and ability to effectively chip away at it with Fairy Aura-boosted Play Roughs. It also work well in a more general context as well - Prankster Thunder Wave is a great panic button for runaway sweepers and Tailwind archetypes, Safeguard completely shuts down Dark Void (which is still only available on Smeargle due to Darkrai being an event Pokémon), Play Rough is your obligatory means of offense and the last slot could go to a bunch of things - Magnet Rise is a neat but fairly technical option for dodging attacks like Precipice Blades and random Earthquakes but probably won't get a butt-ton of use (especially seeing as Klefki literally can't touch Primal Groudon), Swagger magically transforms you into an asshole and also synergises well with Safeguard and a physical partner. Toxic could also work I guess.

If people are looking for other options for their Uber slots, I've been experimenting a bit with Zekrom on the PS! ladder and it's actually pretty great. Electric typing is pretty delicious in a meta that's infested with Kyogre and Talonflame and that tasty 150 Attack turns Bolt Strike into a veritable nuke. Obviously it has its issues, namely that it has middling speed outside of Tailwind and that Groudon straight up murders it, but Rayquaza can't really hurt it unless it has a Dragon move of it's own, and if Tailwind is up, Zekrom can straight up OHKO it with LO Dragon Claw after eating an Extreme Speed.

From the few matches I played, I think Wide Guard and redirection are really important in this format what with all the powerful attacks flying around (hello Water Spout/Precipice Blades). The main one to try are Amoonguss and Togekiss, as usual, but stuff like Clefable, Volcarona and Parasect could prove to be useful as well. I'm personally trying Parasect, as it has a positive matchup against Kyogre and gets both Wide Guard and Rage Powder as well as Spore, making it a fairly effective support Pokémon in the few matches I've played.

As far as the meta goes, it looks like most people are just building VGC15 lineups and tacking on two legends that fit with the team so far, so I'm seeing a fair bit of Pokémon like Thundurus, Kangaskhan and Talonflame. As I play more I'll post a more informed analysis of the meta but for now I can't say any more. c:

Is it possible to work out any easy check for whether a Pokemon's defense and HP are enough to survive a M-Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent? That seems to be the determining factor of a functioning wall in this meta, and it would be great to have a number to check pokemon against, or even a list of Pokemon that can take it, without everyone having to check each individual Pokemon against the damage calcs themselves.

EDIT:
From the few matches I played, I think Wide Guard and redirection are really important in this format what with all the powerful attacks flying around (hello Water Spout/Precipice Blades). The main one to try are Amoonguss and Togekiss, as usual, but stuff like Clefable, Volcarona and Parasect could prove to be useful as well. I'm personally trying Parasect, as it has a positive matchup against Kyogre and gets both Wide Guard and Rage Powder as well as Spore, making it a fairly effective support Pokémon in the few matches I've played.
Parasect, your day has come! You may suck beyond belief in every standard mode of play, but who knew you were just waiting for your moment to stand up to teams full of legends and megas? I really love how all these weird metas suddenly give unused Pokemon strange niches. XD

Last edited:
Edit: MUCH MORE IMPORTANT: On showdown cloud nine doesn´t affect the weather of primal-groudon, is this really the case?
Did anyone realize so far, that you can´t choose mega-ray on the damage-calculator?

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Parasect, your day has come! You may suck beyond belief in every standard mode of play, but who knew you were just waiting for your moment to stand up to teams full of legends and megas? I really love how all these weird metas suddenly give unused Pokemon strange niches. XD
Parasect is no stranger to dancing with ubers!

Edit: MUCH MORE IMPORTANT: On showdown cloud nine doesn´t affect the weather of primal-groudon, is this really the case?
Did anyone realize so far, that you can´t choose mega-ray on the damage-calculator?
Cloud nine doesn't change the weather but rather it will negate any effects it has. For example p-groudon will be weak to water, swift swimmers won't have their doubled speed, and so on.

http://gamut-was-taken.github.io/

That is very interesting. Parasect was an old favourite of mine in the RBY days, before I realised that its ability brought with it the games' only 5* weakness and I abandoned him. I'm sorry Parasect. Will you be my friend again and help me kick P-Kyogre in the face?

That team has some very inspiring ideas. I was toying with the Cloud Nine route, but now I'm leaning more towards the multiple weather abuse. And I was already strongly considering a Trick Room team. I was going to go SandRoom, but weather abuse Trick Room sounds deliciously evil. Obviously that team can't be directly applied, with three of the limited ubers, nor would I want to steal somebody's hard-thought-out strategy, but it has certainly raised some thinking points.

What do you guys think of Ferrothorn as P-Kyogre-Counter/Check? With GyroBall it can pose a thread to Mega-Ray and Xerneas aswell I would say...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You must be using the old PS! calculator which hasn't been updated. Use this one instead, its layout is exactly the same as the PS! one and has all the new ORAS additions (megas and primals).

As for Ferrthorn, it isn't a counter, it's a check, and yeah it's a pretty good one (Power Whip does 81.8 - 96.5%). It doesn't do that well against Mega Ray since Dragon Ascent cleanly 2HKOs and Gyro Ball only does 45 - 53.3% (Ray will have taken over 50% recoil after two turns of Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet though). Fire Blast variants destroy it though so it's a bit shaky. Primal Groudon also scares it away so don't bother if you see it in team preview...

Is it possible to work out any easy check for whether a Pokemon's defense and HP are enough to survive a M-Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent? That seems to be the determining factor of a functioning wall in this meta, and it would be great to have a number to check pokemon against, or even a list of Pokemon that can take it, without everyone having to check each individual Pokemon against the damage calcs themselves.
I mean it's not a huge list, but I'm not going to go through them all. Using the type filter on the Serebii dex I looked through all the Steel / Rock / Electric types and came to like the look of Dialga, which deals with the Ray+Kiss core pretty well with Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse + Flash Cannon. If the Battle of Hoenn is anything to go by, Mega Aggron does fantastically against Ray. Adamant max attack M-Aggron OHKOs M-Ray with Ice Punch if you get a Cloud Nine user on the field, and takes pitiful damage in return (apart from Fire Blast).

I mean it's not a huge list, but I'm not going to go through them all. Using the type filter on the Serebii dex I looked through all the Steel / Rock / Electric types and came to like the look of Dialga, which deals with the Ray+Kiss core pretty well with Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse + Flash Cannon. If the Battle of Hoenn is anything to go by, Mega Aggron does fantastically against Ray. Adamant max attack M-Aggron OHKOs M-Ray with Ice Punch if you get a Cloud Nine user on the field, and takes pitiful damage in return (apart from Fire Blast).
Two that I've found so far are:

Rhyperior takes a good 3 DAs to KO even with zero Def investment, and can 2HKO with Stone Edge or Ice Punch with full Attack investment.

M-Slowbro may be an option; with full defense and HP investment and either minimal Sp. Attack EVs or a single Calm Mind it takes 3 DAs to KO and can 2HKO with Ice Beam or Blizzard.

These done with a Jolly Life Orb M-Rayquaza and Strong Winds in effect. Without Strong Winds both can OHKO with their respective moves (still counting on M-bro having Calm Mind though, possible 2HKO otherwise).

I haven't run the calculations yet, but M-Ampharos and Magnezone may be options.

EDIT: An interesting Pokemon that doesn't otherwise see much play is Aurorus, which can tank at least one DA with 252 in HP and Sp.A and tear through M-Rayquaza even in Strong Winds with a Refrigerate-boosted Specs Nature Power (can possibly even OHKO without Specs). If only Snow Warning were available you could forget the Specs and both remove its Strong Winds and OHKO with Free Dry.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two that I've found so far are:

Rhyperior takes a good 3 DAs to KO even with zero Def investment, and can 2HKO with Stone Edge or Ice Punch with full Attack investment.

M-Slowbro may be an option; with full defense and HP investment and either minimal Sp. Attack EVs or a single Calm Mind it takes 3 DAs to KO and can 2HKO with Ice Beam or Blizzard.

These done with a Jolly Life Orb M-Rayquaza and Strong Winds in effect. Without Strong Winds both can OHKO with their respective moves (still counting on M-bro having Calm Mind though, possible 2HKO otherwise).

I haven't run the calculations yet, but M-Ampharos and Magnezone may be options.

EDIT: An interesting Pokemon that doesn't otherwise see much play is Aurorus, which can tank at least one DA with 252 in HP and Sp.A and tear through M-Rayquaza even in Strong Winds with a Refrigerate-boosted Specs Nature Power (can possibly even OHKO without Specs). If only Snow Warning were available you could forget the Specs and both remove its Strong Winds and OHKO with Free Dry.
Rhyperior looks pretty good, only problem is that most Ray are probably going to be running Waterfall / Aqua Tail to combat Groudon, which does a shitload to Rhyperior. I don't really like M-Bro as it doesn't actually resist its moves and is easy double-target bait. Sure you can use Iron Defence but Ray can also Swords Dance. M-Amph and Magnezone are easy Earthquake bait and both die to Dragon Claw / Fire Blast variants anyway. M-Amph survives an Earthquake and can OHKO in return with Dragon Pulse, but the popular Ray + Follow Me Kiss combo walks all over it. Magnezone could work with an Air Balloon + Manet Rise set but I'm really not sure how viable that is, I suppose it can hit Togekiss reasonably hard with Flash Cannon but not that hard. Again, Aurorus hates Earthquake. Even if it had Snow Warning, Delta Stream and Air Lock prevent Snow Warning from working so you can forget that dream. Refrigerate boosted Nature Power (Tri Attack) sounds appealing but there are so many more viable Ice types that it's not worth it...

Rhyperior looks pretty good, only problem is that most Ray are probably going to be running Waterfall / Aqua Tail to combat Groudon, which does a shitload to Rhyperior. I don't really like M-Bro as it doesn't actually resist its moves and is easy double-target bait. Sure you can use Iron Defence but Ray can also Swords Dance. M-Amph and Magnezone are easy Earthquake bait and both die to Dragon Claw / Fire Blast variants anyway. M-Amph survives an Earthquake and can OHKO in return with Dragon Pulse, but the popular Ray + Follow Me Kiss combo walks all over it. Magnezone could work with an Air Balloon + Manet Rise set but I'm really not sure how viable that is, I suppose it can hit Togekiss reasonably hard with Flash Cannon but not that hard. Again, Aurorus hates Earthquake. Even if it had Snow Warning, Delta Stream and Air Lock prevent Snow Warning from working so you can forget that dream. Refrigerate boosted Nature Power (Tri Attack) sounds appealing but there are so many more viable Ice types that it's not worth it...
Hmm, all good points. I guess I got too wrapped up in DA and forgot that Rayquaza will actually know other moves... I am definitely still liking Rhyperior though. Maybe P-Groudon or Storm Drain could be a good answer to his counters.

On a separate note, I am toying with using Mantine on my team in some form. I love the derpy manta, and he's been a frequent feature of my doubles teams for a long time. Being immune to both Primordial Sea and Precipice Blades, protected by Delta Stream, and having access to Helping Hand, Wide Guard, Bounce, Tailwind and other useful doubles things, I think he could be an incredibly annoying support Poke in this meta. If only he got Follow Me...

Do any of you think Reshiram might be viable here, since it can actually use Primal Sun here unlike in singles. Heat Wave + Blue Flare should deal good amount of damage to stuff. Idk on the 4th moveslot though; DM weakens Resh, and DPulse may lack power. Tailwind might work, but I don't think Resh has time to set it up. Mega Mence + Cressmay pair up well with these two due to Ground immunity + Intimidate.

Last edited:
Finished my team up last night - m-Sableye, Xerneas, p-Kyogre and Garchomp (not sure what the other two will be, but finished these guys at least). I played 5 random 2v2 matchups last night and won all of them, even against Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Darkrai. I think I'll do much better this competition :)

edit: I also need suggestions for a physical fire move for Garchomp. I'm thinking Fire Punch is my best bet. Thoughts?

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Finished my team up last night - m-Sableye, Xerneas, p-Kyogre and Garchomp (not sure what the other two will be, but finished these guys at least). I played 5 random 2v2 matchups last night and won all of them, even against Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Darkrai. I think I'll do much better this competition :)

edit: I also need suggestions for a physical fire move for Garchomp. I'm thinking Fire Punch is my best bet. Thoughts?
Darkrai isn't legal in this competition and Garchomp doesn't learn Fire Punch (god help us if he did tho). He gets Fire Fang which is ok, and he can go mixed with Flamethrower / Fire Blast so there's that

I wonder if Dialga will be as useful this time as it was in the battle of legends last year.
Confirming that Dialga is cool

I put a team together to mess around with today when I was bored, I did not think about synergy or threats or anything so there is much work to do on it, and I'm also breaking my no.1 rule to newcomers here in that I am only using things I have / can get easily but I plan to add anything that is needed so I won't settle. Anyway, at a glance my team is:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant
Air Lock
Max atk + speed
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- EQ / E-Speed
- Waterfall / E-Speed

I need E-Speed but I don't know where to put it. Also I'm thinking that Lum Berry could be good because Adamant * SD is ridiculous already

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Calm
Serene Grace
Max HP + SpD
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Fucking amazing with Ray. Delta Stream takes away it's Flying weaknesses so that leaves it with Poison and Steel so I figured Babiri Berry was a cool idea but open to suggestions

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Modest
Pressure
Bulky attacker
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost / Protect

Does ok against P-Don / P-Kyo / M-Ray and can set Tailwind for stuff that is slow. Likes Delta Stream being active

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Intimidate
Adamant
Max atk + speed
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Explosion / Knock Off

Also likes Delta Stream, slows down physical attackers and can spam Earthquake with all my Flying mons. Doesn't synergize well with:

Dialga @ Weakness Policy
Pressure
Modest
Max HP + SpA
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

My idea of a M-Ray check, works well so far. Fucking loves Tailwind + Helping Hand + being at +2

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Pressure
Bold
Max HP + Def
- Scald
- Snarl
- Icy Wind
- ???

Just thought this was a cool mon, can't remember it's last move since I made it and I haven't used it yet...

Anyway I'm like 6-0 on PS! so now that everyone knows what I'm running can someone please counter-team me and tell me what I should fix? :)

In battles with P-Groudon vs. P-Kyogre, would the slower's weather always overwrite the faster's? I'm wondering if having a team of two halves with Rain-benefiting pokes and P-Kyogre, and sun-benefiting pokes and P-Groudon would be a feasible idea. Wherein I would make sure mine were as slow as possible (with options for Trick Room support) and therefore counter whichever Primal Reversion or other weather they employ.

Unfortunately I have only realised upon testing a prototype team that regular weather doesn't overwrite intense weather... So if I want to counter a Primal Reversion/M-quaza, it's up to other intense weather users.

Don't have any of the Primals (accidentally caught a Brave P-Kyogre) so I was thinking of using a team with Rayquaza and Xerneas. What other teammates could I also bring along? I'm thinking Follow Me Togekiss would form a strong core with Ray if he goes mega?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So I just ran into something that is really annoying. Most of you should remember the 'Khan Artist' strategy from doubles / VGC, well it's pretty strong here too. Smeargle can pester you with Dark Void and then Transform into whatever you have (in my case, a +2 Mega Ray). The one I saw was paired with a Follow Me Blastoise (allowed here because of no pentagon) which nearly swept me. Anyway it was my second loss so far (first was to Gravity+Trick Room Cres + Precipace Blades P-Don)...

You know how sometimes someone comes up with a strategy and it wrecks you, but it's okay because it was really clever, and then other times it's really not okay because it's just really, really annoying. Well, half of this the first, and half of it was the second:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/generationshowdown-207691476

I mean, using Aerilate, Refrigerate, and Pixilate-boosted Rounds to burst down opponents (even ignoring Trick Room because you have one very fast Pokemon and one very slow, and the second Round user always goes immediately after the first), is brilliant. But spamming Protect and Detect when things don't go your way is really, really frustrating. Also, Quick Claw hax making both your Pokemon move first... -__-

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I have noticed a lot of Trick Room Cress + Gravity + Primal Groudon Teams. I have lost almost every game to that core. Any things people are using that beat that? It just seems that everything I try just gets wrecked...

EDIT: Well I final was able to beat the strategy, but I still hate facing it. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/generationshowdown-206995591
I actually just threw on a Hydreigon for my team as I was looking through my box for a sixth Pokemon (that's my usual teambuilding strategy, just throw a bunch of box Pokemon together!). It turns out it's a better pick than I originally thought. It's 98 base speed, so it outspeeds most ubers who are in the 90-95 club, and it can OHKO or at least do 90% or so to them with Choice Specs Draco Meteor. As Theorymon pointed out to me, it's also pretty useful against Cresselias. Dark Pulse is a 2HKO on any Cress set. (Can anything OHKO a Cresselia anyway?)

Here's a replay of a short test game I had with DD321123 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/generationshowdown-207086822
Hydreigon doesn't do that much in this game, but it does notably take out Dialga before he is able to do anything against my team.

Also, Rayquaza with Waterfall is my Groudon check (thanks again for this Theorymon). With Air Lock or Delta Stream you can negate Groudon's ability so you can use Water moves on it. I don't think Mega Rayquaza and the Primals are in the calculator yet (can't seem to find them) but I am fairly sure Waterfall is an OHKO.

I actually just threw on a Hydreigon for my team as I was looking through my box for a sixth Pokemon (that's my usual teambuilding strategy, just throw a bunch of box Pokemon together!). It turns out it's a better pick than I originally thought. It's 98 base speed, so it outspeeds most ubers who are in the 90-95 club, and it can OHKO or at least do 90% or so to them with Choice Specs Draco Meteor. As Theorymon pointed out to me, it's also pretty useful against Cresselias. Dark Pulse is a 2HKO on any Cress set. (Can anything OHKO a Cresselia anyway?)

Here's a replay of a short test game I had with DD321123 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/generationshowdown-207086822
Hydreigon doesn't do that much in this game, but it does notably take out Dialga before he is able to do anything against my team.

Also, Rayquaza with Waterfall is my Groudon check (thanks again for this Theorymon). With Air Lock or Delta Stream you can negate Groudon's ability so you can use Water moves on it. I don't think Mega Rayquaza and the Primals are in the calculator yet (can't seem to find them) but I am fairly sure Waterfall is an OHKO.
Lets be real here the best way to beat Xerneas, Mega Ray and P. Don is Lickilicky. Aqua Tail, Gyro Ball and Ice Punch wreck.

So this is what I've been using, with mixed success, on Showdown. I think I can attribute most of my failures to either me using my team wrong or completely out-there strategies that I didn't recognise until it was too late. As for the team itself, if any of you guys notice anything that could do with improvement, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Groucho (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Standard P-Groudon. I'm thinking about replacing SD with Fire Punch or similar because I don't have the chance to use it much.

Grover (Exeggutor) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
Pairs well with Groudon thanks to near-limitless sustain in sun. Supports with TR and Sleep and gets rid of those water types that Desolate Land has stopped in their tracks while P-don deals with the rest.

Cuetip (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
My answer to foe's weather use. Also Fire Blasts Ferrothorn, and can stand up to M-Ray with a bit of support.

HurrDurr (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Brave Nature
- Helping Hand
- Wide Guard
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
My leading partner for Dialga. Protects him from attacking leads while he sets up TR, then helps him sweep with coverage and Helping Hands.

Chronos (Dialga) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
TR lead and subsequent sweeper.

Shitake (Parasect) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Brave Nature
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- X-Scissor
- Protect
Usually sits in reserve, but becomes a lean, mean, Kyogre killing machine if anyone is foolish enough to use one. I'm going to replace Life Orb with Yache berry I think, as Ice moves terrify him.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Here you go bae http://gamut-was-taken.github.io/

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 203-244 (98 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Chronos (Dialga) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
TR lead and subsequent sweeper.
I thought Weakness Policy Dialga was my secret, lol. I've really liked using it in this format, never though to use it in Trick Room though. Hopefully I can get some kind soul to lend me a Telepathy one since I run a fair amount of Earthquake on my team..

I thought Weakness Policy Dialga was my secret, lol. I've really liked using it in this format, never though to use it in Trick Room though. Hopefully I can get some kind soul to lend me a Telepathy one since I run a fair amount of Earthquake on my team..
It was XD I didn't know what else to give it with Leftovers taken by Conkeldurr, but when I saw yours I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I haven't seen much use from it though tbh. I'm guessing you use it specifically because it activates from your own team member's EQs then? Before I replaced Groudon's with Precipice Blades, that's what I was seeing too.

Lets be real here the best way to beat Xerneas, Mega Ray and P. Don is Lickilicky. Aqua Tail, Gyro Ball and Ice Punch wreck.
Pffbbtt (Lickilicky) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Tail
- Return

I replaced M-Altaria with him, and he's won every battle he's been in. I thought you might have been joking, but now I think you're a genius.

EDIT: Almost every battle.

cant say edit: don't double post
(oops, sorry, didn't realise!)

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
It was XD I didn't know what else to give it with Leftovers taken by Conkeldurr, but when I saw yours I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I haven't seen much use from it though tbh. I'm guessing you use it specifically because it activates from your own team member's EQs then? Before I replaced Groudon's with Precipice Blades, that's what I was seeing too.
Oh cool haha. Well I had thought there would be a fair amount of Earthquake flying around, and since Dialga could survive most of them with max HP investment (and the spread damage penalty) it made sense to use it to grab a free boost. If I wanted to use Dialga in my 4 I would usually bring it with Ray, Kiss and Zapdos, that way I only had Ray as an Earthquake user and Zapdos could set Tailwind. I might have to try Trick Room though, since that seems to be a dominant playstyle at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)