SPOILERS! "What Isn't A Pokemon Yet" Repository (+ Type Combinations & Super Forms)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Toebag:
1. Added Brain.
2. Munna and Musharna are based on Koro (incense burner) and Baku (Tapir dreameaters that Drozee and Hypno are also based on).

List Update:
Added my list for Plants/Fungus.
2. Next few days should be fun. Tomorrow are Fossils which should be interesting.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Preved Medved:
Added your list of Fossils.
List Update:
I as well added my list of Fossils.

EDIT:
List Update:
I added my list for Objects.
2. Train and Bus replaced with with "Vehicles".
3. Bow & Arrows replaced with "(Haunted?) Armor/non-Sword Weaponry".

Last edited:
Something tells me that I'm gonna love this thread.

Okay for starters, I'd like to see a:
Megalania Priscus: an over-sized Komodo Dragon, thought by mainstream science to be extinct, but thought to still roam the Austalian Outback in small numbers by others.
Megalodon: Fuck the Great White. This over-sized shark, also thought be mainstream science to be extinct, but thought to still roam the oceans in small numbers, can eat a Great White for breakfast, and there isn't much that he'd be able to do about it.
Giant Squid
Giant Octopus
Cheetah
Cone Snail
Jaguar
Panther
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Oversized Gorilla
Sea Scorpion
A "true" Scorpion
Wolf

Mythical Beasts:
Alicorn/Winged Pegasus
Griffin

Dinosaurs:
Allosaurus
Diplodocus
Elasmotherium
Gigantosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Megaraptor
Microraptor
Oritholestes
Panoplosaurus
Seismosaurus
Stegosaurus
Styracosaurus
Ultrasaurus
Tarbosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Triceratops
Ultrasaurus
Velociraptor

Last edited:
Megalodon: Fuck the Great White. This over-sized shark, also thought be mainstream science to be extinct, but thought to still roam the oceans in small numbers, can eat a Great White for breakfast, and there isn't much that he'd be able to do about it.
Um, what?! :O Sources, please?

Um, what?! :O Sources, please?
It is one of those cryptids said to still roam the oceans. There are eyewitnesses that claimed to see a very, very big shark. The Megalodon was about 3 times the length of a Great White, maybe even 4. One example of a possible sighting was South Africans who claims that there is a shark as big as their 30 ft boat in the area. There is also the Sea of Cortez, where massive sharks are said to roam.
Unfortunately, like the loch ness monster, proving the Megalodon's continued existence is difficult, and even downright dangerous.

And while I'm at it: more stuff that I'd thought of:

(Oversized) Anaconda/Boa Constrictor (like those said to live deep in the Amazon)
Gremlin
Humboldt Squid
Langelier
Xenomorph

Last edited:
I just thought of yet another:

A Doodlebug/Antlion. A real ant lion.
Bullockornis: A.K.A.: the Thunderbird, or the Demon Duck of Doom. 'Nuff said, but this terrifying freak of a poultry lived about 15 Million years ago, terrorizing Australia, and having a skull larger than the size of a small horse. If you haven't noticed, I have a thing for Megafauna. Amazing the creatures that lived millions of years ago.
Killer Kangaroo: A flesh-eating marsupial that roamed Australia 10-20 million years ago.

Now, I think I'm gonna look through cryptid files, because the creatures that people report can be very interesting.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
JES:
1. Added Megalania Priscus, Diplodocus, Elasmotherium, Kentrosaurus, Microraptor, Ornitholestes, Giant Squid/Octopus, "Real" Cheetah, Gremlin, Langolier, and Xenomorph.
2. Combined Cone Snail with "Trumpet/Cone Snail" and Alicorn with "Pegasus/Winged Horse/Alicorn".
3. Megalodon, Sasquatch/Big Foot, Sea Scorpio, "Real" Scorpion, Wolf, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, and Anaconda/Constrictor were already on the list. Everyone, please check the list before making any suggestions.
4. Liepard is based on a Leopard which are closely related to a Jaguar and Panther.
5. The Trapinch family is a Antlion.
6. Allosaurus, Gigantosaurus, Tarbosaurus are all too similar to the T-Rex with nothing about them really standing out (and yes, I know the historical significance of Allosaurus, but it itself is not any much different appearing as a T-Rex). Since we now have the Tyrunt Family if anyone wants to add a T-Rex like dinosaur onto the list it'll need to have a special feature about it (and even then I highly doubt it'll be made into a Pokemon or if it does it'll be combined with other dinosaurs).
7. Megaraptor/Velociraptor is covered under "Raptor".
8. Panoplosaurus is pretty much an Ankylosaur without the club tail.
9. Seismosaurus is a Diplodocus.
10. After reading the Humboldt Squid's description I feel it falls into the territory of the Inkay family.
11. Bullockornis is similar to Terror Birds.
12. I couldn't find a "Killer Kangaroo", the closest being the Ekaltadeta which is an ancestor of Potoridae/Rat-Kangaroos (NOT Kangaroo Rat, these guys are still marsupials). Besides I already have the Procoptodon on the list which is the largest Kangaroo ancestor that's been found.
13. I find Cryptids to be a good source for possible Pokemon inspirations. Though note any mentioned will be placed under "MYTH/FOLKLORE/FAIRY TALES" as I've done with my personal list.

Updated List:
I updated with my list of the subcategories of "Food" and "Toy".

JES:
1. Added Megalania Priscus, Diplodocus, Elasmotherium, Kentrosaurus, Microraptor, Ornitholestes, Giant Squid/Octopus, "Real" Cheetah, Gremlin, Langolier, and Xenomorph.
2. Combined Cone Snail with "Trumpet/Cone Snail" and Alicorn with "Pegasus/Winged Horse/Alicorn".
3. Megalodon, Sasquatch/Big Foot, Sea Scorpio, "Real" Scorpion, Wolf, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, and Anaconda/Constrictor were already on the list. Everyone, please check the list before making any suggestions.
4. Liepard is based on a Leopard which are closely related to a Jaguar and Panther.
5. The Trapinch family is a Antlion.
6. Allosaurus, Gigantosaurus, Tarbosaurus are all too similar to the T-Rex with nothing about them really standing out (and yes, I know the historical significance of Allosaurus, but it itself is not any much different appearing as a T-Rex). Since we now have the Tyrunt Family if anyone wants to add a T-Rex like dinosaur onto the list it'll need to have a special feature about it (and even then I highly doubt it'll be made into a Pokemon or if it does it'll be combined with other dinosaurs).
7. Megaraptor/Velociraptor is covered under "Raptor".
8. Panoplosaurus is pretty much an Ankylosaur without the club tail.
9. Seismosaurus is a Diplodocus.
10. After reading the Humboldt Squid's description I feel it falls into the territory of the Inkay family.
11. Bullockornis is similar to Terror Birds.
12. I couldn't find a "Killer Kangaroo", the closest being the Ekaltadeta which is an ancestor of Potoridae/Rat-Kangaroos (NOT Kangaroo Rat, these guys are still marsupials). Besides I already have the Procoptodon on the list which is the largest Kangaroo ancestor that's been found.
13. I find Cryptids to be a good source for possible Pokemon inspirations. Though note any mentioned will be placed under "MYTH/FOLKLORE/FAIRY TALES" as I've done with my personal list.

Updated List:
I updated with my list of the subcategories of "Food" and "Toy".

I'll try and see if I cannot find the scientific name for the Killer Kangaroo. I know that it exists, so I just need to find it.

Thanks for adding everything else, and yeah, I guess that the predatory theropods are just too similar, just that Allosaurus is smaller, while the Gigantosaurus was gigantic. Same thing goes for the Seimsosaurus.

I'm not quite satisfied with Flygon or Trapinch. I'd love a Pokemon that is based more on their physiology, and a panther with a little more bulk than Liepard. The differences between the jaws of a Trapinch and Ant Lion are especially significant, the later of which are more like that of a Stag Beetle (Pinsir).

And yeah, the Panoplosaurus isn't as cool, without the club tail, but I thought since it made a cool Zoid (Bold Guard), hey maybe it would be interesting to have a Panoplosaurus. Many of the Dinosaurs that I listed also have Zoids made after them, because well, I love Zoids, and if something is cool enough to be a Zoid, I figure I'd fling them in here, and see what sticks.

I do disagree with the Humboldt Squid looking enough like Inkay, but then Malamar matches pretty well, even if I wish Malamar were faster, and Water type, like the real aquatic thing. But Bulbapedia does state that Inkay was probably inspired by the aggressive Humboldt, even if he looks too cute, so that it sort of that.

Thanks for listing everything else, and yeah, I'll have to make sure that the suggestions I make haven't already been shared!

Edit: I think I found the actual name and scientific name of our meat-loving friend: the Powerful-Toothed Giant Rat-Kangaroo, or Ekaltadelta Ima.
There is also the 70 kilogram Propleopus Oscillans, though studies do suggest that they probably were only opportunistic more than blood thirsty, eating mostly insects and vertebrates, along with fruit.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'll try and see if I cannot find the scientific name for the Killer Kangaroo. I know that it exists, so I just need to find it.

Thanks for adding everything else, and yeah, I guess that the predatory theropods are just too similar, just that Allosaurus is smaller, while the Gigantosaurus was gigantic. Same thing goes for the Seimsosaurus.

I'm not quite satisfied with Flygon or Trapinch. I'd love a Pokemon that is based more on their physiology, and a panther with a little more bulk than Liepard. The differences between the jaws of a Trapinch and Ant Lion are especially significant, the later of which are more like that of a Stag Beetle (Pinsir).

And yeah, the Panoplosaurus isn't as cool, without the club tail, but I thought since it made a cool Zoid (Bold Guard), hey maybe it would be interesting to have a Panoplosaurus. Many of the Dinosaurs that I listed also have Zoids made after them, because well, I love Zoids, and if something is cool enough to be a Zoid, I figure I'd fling them in here, and see what sticks.

I do disagree with the Humboldt Squid looking enough like Inkay, but then Malamar matches pretty well, even if I wish Malamar were faster, and Water type, like the real aquatic thing. But Bulbapedia does state that Inkay was probably inspired by the aggressive Humboldt, even if he looks too cute, so that it sort of that.

Thanks for listing everything else, and yeah, I'll have to make sure that the suggestions I make haven't already been shared!

Edit: I think I found the actual name and scientific name of our meat-loving friend: the Powerful-Toothed Giant Rat-Kangaroo, or Ekaltadelta Ima.
There is also the 70 kilogram Propleopus Oscillans, though studies do suggest that they probably were only opportunistic more than blood thirsty, eating mostly insects and vertebrates, along with fruit.
A thing to remember about what could possibly be made into a Pokemon is that generally its one Pokemon fits all. It's sad but there's just not enough room for all animals to be made into a Pokemon so generally they pick the most popular of those animals and have it as a representation of the animal its directly based on and all similar animals (possibly adding on details of those other similar animals onto it). The Tyrunt family doesn't only represent the Tyrannosaurus Rex but all big and bulky predatory theropods. Now that doesn't mean they won't do another big and bulky theropod in the future, but it probably won't be for a while (we got a lot of other dinosaurs and extinct animals to get to first) and if they do I imagine it'll look very visually different from the Tyrunt family thus theropods that looks similar to the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Simply put, I think the next and possibly last theropod they may do is the Spinosaurus which has the back frill and longer snout.

Another thing to remember about Pokemon is that they are stylized animals, they not look exactly like their real life counterpart. Some do, and there are even some who do miss the ballpark (looking at you, Drapion), but then there are some which fall in the middle that you can tell what its suppose to be based on but its very stylized that for those who like the animal or thing they may not like that Pokemon. I think the Trapinch family falls into that middle category. Trapinch may not look exactly like the larva of a Antlion, but it has features you can relate to it does sort of count (which pretty much goes for any Pokemon released during Gen III, really). That said if you want a Pokemon with stag pincers we have Pinsir and there are many other bugs Pokemon hasn't done yet with them.

Only thing I know about Zoids is the one season of it we did get (the one with Bit Cloud and Liger Zero, according to Wikipedia it was the second series though I think the first to be dubbed in the US). Well, I also know they're originally a modelling set franchise which would explain why some of the Zoids look alike. Like with Transformers, when it comes to the toy industry recolors are a common sight and its pretty easy for Zoids to recolor one of their dinosaur Zoids and just call it a different dinosaur that looked similar (and maybe give it some different parts, but for the most part I imagine they'll use the same pieces). Heck, in the anime season we got they showed us the only difference between the Ligers is the outer armor. But that's okay as they're physical toys so even if you have a Red Liger and Blue Liger you can pit them against each other. With Pokemon, being a digital franchise, they don't have that luxury. Heck, Pokemon fans would call Pokemon that look nothing alike expies of existing Pokemon (like people called the Woobat family an expy of the Zubat family), so can you only imagine how they'll tear into a Fossil Pokemon that looks like a previously existing one (and being Fossil Pokemon come only 2 and 3 at a time, they would say it took up a spot for a prehistoric animal they haven't done yet)? Also Zoids doesn't need to worry about keeping all previous Zoids, I'm sure it has many discontinued models they don't ever plan on bringing back. Pokemon however can't just "discontinue" a certain Pokemon, thus making things even more limited where Zoids have room to grow. Also, looking at Bold Guard, the thing doesn't need a club tail as it has TWO GIANT GUNS strapped to its back! ;)

Hmm, still hesitant to add them though I could combine the Ekaltadelta and Propleopus with the Procoptodon if you want.

A thing to remember about what could possibly be made into a Pokemon is that generally its one Pokemon fits all. It's sad but there's just not enough room for all animals to be made into a Pokemon so generally they pick the most popular of those animals and have it as a representation of the animal its directly based on and all similar animals (possibly adding on details of those other similar animals onto it). The Tyrunt family doesn't only represent the Tyrannosaurus Rex but all big and bulky predatory theropods. Now that doesn't mean they won't do another big and bulky theropod in the future, but it probably won't be for a while (we got a lot of other dinosaurs and extinct animals to get to first) and if they do I imagine it'll look very visually different from the Tyrunt family thus theropods that looks similar to the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Simply put, I think the next and possibly last theropod they may do is the Spinosaurus which has the back frill and longer snout.

Another thing to remember about Pokemon is that they are stylized animals, they not look exactly like their real life counterpart. Some do, and there are even some who do miss the ballpark (looking at you, Drapion), but then there are some which fall in the middle that you can tell what its suppose to be based on but its very stylized that for those who like the animal or thing they may not like that Pokemon. I think the Trapinch family falls into that middle category. Trapinch may not look exactly like the larva of a Antlion, but it has features you can relate to it does sort of count (which pretty much goes for any Pokemon released during Gen III, really). That said if you want a Pokemon with stag pincers we have Pinsir and there are many other bugs Pokemon hasn't done yet with them.

Only thing I know about Zoids is the one season of it we did get (the one with Bit Cloud and Liger Zero, according to Wikipedia it was the second series though I think the first to be dubbed in the US). Well, I also know they're originally a modelling set franchise which would explain why some of the Zoids look alike. Like with Transformers, when it comes to the toy industry recolors are a common sight and its pretty easy for Zoids to recolor one of their dinosaur Zoids and just call it a different dinosaur that looked similar (and maybe give it some different parts, but for the most part I imagine they'll use the same pieces). Heck, in the anime season we got they showed us the only difference between the Ligers is the outer armor. But that's okay as they're physical toys so even if you have a Red Liger and Blue Liger you can pit them against each other. With Pokemon, being a digital franchise, they don't have that luxury. Heck, Pokemon fans would call Pokemon that look nothing alike expies of existing Pokemon (like people called the Woobat family an expy of the Zubat family), so can you only imagine how they'll tear into a Fossil Pokemon that looks like a previously existing one (and being Fossil Pokemon come only 2 and 3 at a time, they would say it took up a spot for a prehistoric animal they haven't done yet)? Also Zoids doesn't need to worry about keeping all previous Zoids, I'm sure it has many discontinued models they don't ever plan on bringing back. Pokemon however can't just "discontinue" a certain Pokemon, thus making things even more limited where Zoids have room to grow. Also, looking at Bold Guard, the thing doesn't need a club tail as it has TWO GIANT GUNS strapped to its back! ;)

Hmm, still hesitant to add them though I could combine the Ekaltadelta and Propleopus with the Procoptodon if you want.
True, there are many other animals to do, but I'm thinking if they ever start running out of ideas (which doesn't seem to be anytime soon), all they have to do is make another dragonfly, ant lion, or theropod, and those will be fantastic Pokemon to play with, that most fans and new players alike will be eager to get their hands on.

I'm not under the illusion that this will happen anytime soon, but I still consider it, because it can still happen in a distant generation.

I'm happy with Tyrantrum, and if that is the last theropod we get for a while, I'm fine with that, because I'm sure that there are many who would like an Iguandon. Or a Styracosaurus. Or a Triceratops. Or a Velociraptor. Or a Therizinosaurus. I know I would, and these have all made fantastic Zoids as well, so they definitely deserve to have Pokemon made after them for that fact alone.

And it depends on if you want to combine the Ekaltadelta and Propleopus with the Procoptodon. Did the Procoptodon eat meat? The creatures that I suggest is not just on a whim, but because I'd think they make a cool Pokemon. I think that a predatory kangaroo would make an interesting addition to the Pokemon world.

And sadly, yes, the majority of Zoids models have been discontinued. That is kind of an advantage that Pokemon has over Zoids: they never leave anyone behind. Each version, and every year, I can catch or hatch my favorite Pokemon, but then it sucks that it takes money to run the factories to make these model kits. A hobby that consists of pixels and electronic data is less limiting than a hobby that has physical possessions. And actually, we got 2 anime series (well three, but that was cancelled midway in the U.S.).

And yes, Bold Guard looks pretty cool, with these guns on it's back. Sadly, I haven't managed to get one. If you like that one, Gun Bluster is even crazier. ;)

I wouldn't mind a literal ant-lion. Lion's mane with an ant's body. Maybe list it under a section called chimeras? (Two or more animals in one?) Sorry if it's already on the list.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
JES:
1. As you said, that may be a LONG time away as one purpose of this thread is to show there's still plenty of things that can be made into Pokemon and they aren't "running out of ideas".
2. While I don't think the Procoptodon was a predator, it's the biggest kangaroo and Pokemon have smeared the facts before.
3. Oh, never realized we got more then just the one season. I liked the season we got (but then again it was teams of giant robotic animals with guns competing against one another, what isn't there to like?) so I may check them out.
4. Huh, maybe I should put "Zoids" in front of my search as looking for "Gun Blaster" by itself gives me a toy car... AH, there it is. Well, sometimes you just need more dakka...

BlackButterfree:
Added Literal "Ant Lion" under Concepts as I don't really think there's enough for "chimera" to be its own categroy.
List Update:
Add my list for "CONCEPTS".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
List Update:
Not a big update today even though I added four of my lists. Added my lists for "Literature/Film/Song", "Painting/Sculpture", "GAME REFERENCES", and "ALIEN".

Here are some others that I thought of, which I don't believe have been listed yet:

Doberman
Echidna (or does Shaymin or Cyndaquil count as one?)
Gargoyle
Lobster
Longisquama
Mammoth (or are we satisfied with Mamoswine?)
Moose (though according to that leak a while back, we're due to get a Fire/Steel steam-punk moose for Gen 7)
Ornithomimus
Queztalcoatl (or does this just fall under the same definition of the Pterosaurs?)
Suchomimus

We're satisfied with Salamence as a Wyvern, right?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
JES:
1. Added Longisquama, "Real" Mammoth, Moose, Ornithomimus, Quetzalcoatl, and "Real" Wyvern.
2. Houndour family is based on a Doberman.
3. As you said, Cyndaquil is technically an Echidna.
4. Druddigon is supposedly based on a Gargoyle.
5. Corphish family is semi-based on a Lobster.
6. While Mamoswine is technically Mammoth-based, it's still a pig so I'm adding it as "Real" Mammoth.
7. If I recall, the Moose thing was an April Fool's joke when they said the next games were going to be based on Canada (full of Canada sterotypes) and the "Steampunk Moose" was said to be a Legendary.
8. Its said that Rayquaza might be based on Queztalcoatl but Rayquaza is based on enough things that I think it can be added to the list.
9. Suchomimus seems too T-Rex like which is covered by the Tyrunt family.
10. Supposedly Yveltal is based on a Wyvern, however I can see how some may not consider it one so I added it as "Real" Wyvern.

LIST UPDATE:
I made the list a bit more easier to look through by putting each section in its own hide box.
2. Added my list for American myths and Greek. In addition throughout the next day I'm going to add my list for the rest of the mythologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
JES:
1. Added Longisquama, "Real" Mammoth, Moose, Ornithomimus, Quetzalcoatl, and "Real" Wyvern.
2. Houndour family is based on a Doberman.
3. As you said, Cyndaquil is technically an Echidna.
4. Druddigon is supposedly based on a Gargoyle.
5. Corphish family is semi-based on a Lobster.
6. While Mamoswine is technically Mammoth-based, it's still a pig so I'm adding it as "Real" Mammoth.
7. If I recall, the Moose thing was an April Fool's joke when they said the next games were going to be based on Canada (full of Canada sterotypes) and the "Steampunk Moose" was said to be a Legendary.
8. Its said that Rayquaza might be based on Queztalcoatl but Rayquaza is based on enough things that I think it can be added to the list.
9. Suchomimus seems too T-Rex like which is covered by the Tyrunt family.
10. Supposedly Yveltal is based on a Wyvern, however I can see how some may not consider it one so I added it as "Real" Wyvern.

LIST UPDATE:
I made the list a bit more easier to look through by putting each section in its own hide box.
2. Added my list for American myths and Greek. In addition throughout the next day I'm going to add my list for the rest of the mythologies.
Okay, thanks again for your input and collaboration.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
List Update:
I added the rest of my lists (as well as creating some new subcategories).
2. I went through Mr. XY's list and picked apart some of the stuff which wasn't on the list.

So yeah, I've pretty much put down my entire lists. I guess now is to go through them and maybe organize them a bit more.

It's already on the Fossil list as Tasmanian Tiger (I try going with names people would recognize when I can). :)
Gosh darnit, I was kinda excited about it too tbh.
Guess I gotta think harder!
Do you take in specifics or only generalities? I got a bit confused because I saw both on there.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Gosh darnit, I was kinda excited about it too tbh.
Guess I gotta think harder!
Do you take in specifics or only generalities? I got a bit confused because I saw both on there.
Either. As I said I choose the one which I think will be best for people to recognize. For many of the prehistoric animals that's not possible thus I go with their species classification name, but some do and may recently extinct animals have "general" names. I look up everything I put on the list so if you just post its species classification I'll go check it. If I think it could go on the list I check to see if it has a "general" name and if it does I put it down as that but if it doesn't I'll put down its species classification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)