UU Swampert

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########

Swampert has reasonable 100 / 90 / 90 bulk which makes it an ideal defensive wall alongside its unique Water / Ground typing, which gives it one weakness, while sporting several resistances and one immunity. Swampert is one of the few Pokemon that stops Fire-type wallbreakers such as Darmanitan and Entei cold. Unfortunately, a 4x weakness to Grass-type moves makes it susceptible to easy OHKOs should one mispredict; however, Swampert's strengths far exceed any potential weaknesses. Access to Stealth Rock and Roar makes Swampert an ideal entry hazard shuffler. Furthermore, Swampert's Mega Evolution has access to Swift Swim and has base 110 / 110 defenses as well as base 150 Attack, making it an ideal rain sweeper. After using Rain Dance, Mega Swampert's Speed is doubled and alongside its huge base 150 Attack allows it to be an effective wallbreaker. However, the downside is that Mega Swampert suffers from a lack of any sort of reliable recovery, making it susceptible to being whittled down.

Defensive
########
name: Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Scald
move 4: Roar / Toxic / Protect
ability: Torrent / Damp
item: Leftovers
evs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
nature: Relaxed

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for racking up entry hazard damage, while Earthquake is a powerful STAB option even with little investment. Scald is a secondary STAB option with a 30% chance to burn, increasing Swampert's utility. Roar allows Swampert to phaze, with an added benefit of accumulating Stealth Rock damage. Toxic allows Swampert to spread status around, contributing to wallbreaking and sweeping, and Protect allows Swampert to scout against Choiced Pokemon.

Set Details
========

The EV spread allows Swampert to take on most non-Choice Band attackers and set up Stealth Rock, while also hitting a Leftovers numbers. Leftovers is used for passive recovery and overall longevity. Torrent should be the primary option, as it lets Swampert score extra 2HKOs with Scald once it activates. Damp can be used to prevent the rare Self-Destruct or Explosion. Swampert can also use a specially defensive set, with an EV spread of 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD and a Sassy nature.

Usage Tips
========

Swampert should be used as a defensive wall and entry hazard shuffler. Swampert acts as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan as well as Nidoking and Mega Absol and can usually dominate most offensive Pokemon when it has the type advantage. Mixed attacking options mean Swampert can take on burn-inflicting Pokemon such as defensive Arcanine and Choice Band Entei.

Team Options
========

Swampert is useful on stall, semi-stall, and balance cores. As such, it partners well with specially defensive Wish users and clerics such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Swampert healthy and extend its walling potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat and Darmanitan which can pivot into Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure and Cofagrigus for spinblocking support and for taking defensive pressure off of it by better absorbing Normal- and Fighting-type moves, which are very common. Chandelure in particular can also absorb Fire-type moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Rain Sweeper
########
name: Rain Sweeper
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Ice Punch / Superpower / Stealth Rock
ability: Damp
item: Swampertite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

Rain Dance activates Swift Swim, allowing Mega Swampert to outspeed the entire unboosted tier. Waterfall is a primary STAB option that receives a 1.5x boost due to rain and has a 20% flinch rate, which partners well with Swift Swim's Speed boost and provides more wallbreaking opportunities. Earthquake is an effective STAB option against most Pokemon that either resist or are immune to Water-type attacks. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon. Stealth Rock can be used in order to assist in wallbreaking, as the foe will lose health upon each switch-in.

Set Details
========

An Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs allow Mega Swampert to hit as hard as possible and 252 Speed EVs ensure that Mega Swampert outspeeds the entire non-Choice Scarfed tier as well as any Pokemon under base 100 Speed that uses Choice Scarf. Swift Swim doubles Mega Swampert's Speed after a Rain Dance. A Jolly nature can be used in order to outspeed almost all Choice Scarf users in the tier.

Usage Tips
========

The first thing Mega Swampert should do is set up Rain Dance in order to optimize its wallbreaking potential. Use it as an early-game wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Avoid using Mega Swampert as a lead; a bad matchup may take away momentum from your team. Lastly, Mega Swampert is very useful alongside balance and bulky offense playstyles but is not very effective against stall, despite its wallbreaking potential.

Team Options
========

Mega Swampert partners well with Pokemon that appreciate rain support, such as Toxicroak or a variety of Hurricane users. Tornadus can set up Rain Dance effectively, setting up Swampert for late-game sweeps. Mega Swampert's Rain Dance aids Swift Swim sweepers such as Kingdra or Ludicolo. Mega Swampert appreciates Wish and cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Umbreon. Due to its lack of recovery, Mega Swampert appreciates Rapid Spin support from Forretress or Kabutops. Alternatively, Defog support from Pokemon such as Crobat or Gligar along with U-turn can also be effective in creating wallbreaking opportunities for Mega Swampert.

Stealth Rock Megapert
########
name: Stealth Rock Megapert
move 4: Ice Punch / Superpower
ability: Damp
evs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for racking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful primary STAB option, especially with investment, and is effective against most Pokemon that either resist or are immune to Water-type attacks. Waterfall is a secondary STAB option. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon, as well as Abomasnow.

Set Details
========

212 HP EVs alongside Mega Swampert's 110 / 110 defenses increase this set's potential to tank hits. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Mega Swampert to be an effective wallbreaker and 44 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed base 65 speed Pokemon prior to Mega Evolution and Florges after Mega Evolution.

Usage Tips
========

This set combines the utility of Swampert's good defensive typing and bulk with the prowess of its strong offensive typing and huge Attack. Mega Swampert can be used as a lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan. Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol in one-on-one situations, and it can usually dominate most offensive and balanced Pokemon when it has the type advantage in said one-on-one situations. Mega Swampert's STAB coverage means it can take on a variety of Pokemon such as Poison-, Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types.

Team Options
========

This Mega Swampert set partners well with specially defensive Wish users and clerics such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Mega Swampert healthy and extend its wallbreaking potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat and Darmanitan which can pivot into Mega Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Mega Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check to Fire-type wallbreakers. Mega Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure and Cofagrigus for spinblocking support and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert by better absorbing common Normal- and Fighting-type moves. Chandelure in particular can also absorb Fire-type moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Other Options
########

A Choice Band set is a viable option, and some Speed EVs can be used to hit certain Speed tiers. Assault Vest can also be used to some effect. Mega Swampert can utilize a bulky RestTalk set for a reliable means of recovery. A specially bulky mono-attacking Curse + RestTalk set is another option. Curse with three attacks or Curse with two attacks and Rest are also alternatives.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught all pose significant problems to Swampert, as they outspeed the defensive sets and can OHKO or 2HKO with a Grass-type STAB move.

**Toxic**: Common Toxic users such as Crobat and Umbreon can help the opponent's team whittle down Swampert. Toxic Spikes also poses a problem for this reason.

**Wallbreakers**: Choice Band Machamp and Choice Scarf Mienshao 2HKO the defensive set, while Hydreigon and Mega Blastoise cause Swampert serious problems due to their superb wallbreaking capabilities.

**Bulky Water-types**: No Swampert set will be able to break through CroCune or Alomomola. Rocky Helmet Alomomola will trouble the rain sweeper set by causing damage every time Swampert uses a contact move such as Waterfall or Ice Punch.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yo, got a few comments.
  • The first sets name should just be defensive, no need to call it standard
  • The EV spread should be 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def, giving a it's leftovers number and speed creep isn't allowed
  • I'd get rid of damp altogether, it's really bad and has like no use lol
  • Not really keen on the last set, it seems like it would just sit there and if I'm using mega pert there's no reason to use that over the rain sweeper - just my 2 cents on that, see what QC says.
edit: cool rest talk set removed yay

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo, got a few comments.
  • The first sets name should just be defensive, no need to call it standard
  • The EV spread should be 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def, giving a it's leftovers number and speed creep isn't allowed
  • I'd get rid of damp altogether, it's really bad and has like no use lol
  • Not really keen on the last set, it seems like it would just sit there and if I'm using mega pert there's no reason to use that over the rain sweeper - just my 2 cents on that, see what QC says.
In response to the last set, I've seen this Mega Swampert used very effectively on stall/semi stall teams, similarly to how Resttalk Mega-amph would be used, except much more bulk.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Rest talk mega swampert with special defense is really really good for defensive teams because it backs up blissey which can get overloaded and can counter top special threats blissey loses to like lucario cm chandelure superpower nidoking and superpower Hydreigon.

It also provides a volt switch immunity which is important for stall to avoid or discourage wearing down blissey and a trick immunity which is important as you tend to switch in top trick users like jirachi and rotom.

The powerful eq makes it better than swampert because the defenses are roughly equal after leftovers but also you're better on defenses because you can survive like specs chandelure energy ball. Ohkoing alakazam and frail sweepers is very nice and something swampert can't do.

Also you have little competition for the mega slot on defensive teams (this isn't exclusive to defensive teams anyways though but best on them). Only mega audino ampharos blastoise aggron steelix Banette and aerodactyl stand out to me and a couple of those are stretches.

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
Rest talk mega swampert with special defense is really really good for defensive teams because it backs up blissey which can get overloaded and can counter top special threats blissey loses to like lucario cm chandelure superpower nidoking and superpower Hydreigon.

It also provides a volt switch immunity which is important for stall to avoid or discourage wearing down blissey and a trick immunity which is important as you tend to switch in top trick users like jirachi and rotom.

The powerful eq makes it better than swampert because the defenses are roughly equal after leftovers but also you're better on defenses because you can survive like specs chandelure energy ball. Ohkoing alakazam and frail sweepers is very nice and something swampert can't do.

Also you have little competition for the mega slot on defensive teams (this isn't exclusive to defensive teams anyways though but best on them). Only mega audino ampharos blastoise aggron steelix Banette and aerodactyl stand out to me and a couple of those are stretches.
Lol I originally had a Rest Talk set on here with you in mind, but it was moved to OO.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Well I will post lots of replays of mega swampert bossing if you want because in my humble opinion removing it was a shitty idea

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Yeah I know that's why I'm not saying add or remove but saying this is my humble opinion

you're right though I should have said I'm not QC my bad
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-201664803
I pretend to be a standard lead but surprised I get a free OHKO and Knock Off is like not effective although it would cripple regular Swampert somewhat.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-201523092
Lol hp grass
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-201512827
Can regular Swampert OHKO Nidoqueen?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200648633
not too effective against defensive teams or defensive cores I guess :/
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200534946
Unfortunately you can only max out one side of the bulk
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200276553
Swampert does some nice walling and of course lol hp grass
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200260618
need the volt switch immunity
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200153603
I do some nice walling here

By the way I know I posted me winning only I believe. that's because the team is very very good for laddering and I rarely lose except to other stall teams or some niche threats. I even beat a refresh Pidgeot. This team gets about 300 more elo on the ladder than an exact version of this team with cune over mega pert. That is significant in my eyes.

one last edit i think: you can look me up pokemonisfun on the replay to see many more replays. i have been saving literally all of my matches that do not end in quick forfeits so i could have more evidence if i wanted to make an argument like this on the forums. mega swampert was integral in most my games except against defensive teams.

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
at the very least you're missing the mega offensive rocks set that omfuga has been using a bit.

its something like 44 speed (or w/e beats florges), max atk, rest in hp - waterfall / eq / rocks / ice punch or superpower if your team hates abomasnow

i've used it and its good so yeah i'd add that

edit: just realized its in other options, but this one's good enough to be a main set imo. also every offensive pert needs some speed investment. cb pert for example wants at least 44 speed to beat umb / random p2, so dont just blindly suggest 252 hp.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Although I think speed creeping is a bad idea on any analysis (speed EVs should only be to outspeed max speed Pokemon x, like max speed neutral Machamp) I do think the 252 HP EVs is a bad idea for normal CB Pert because you get more defenses when investing near max HP and a little in each defense for Pokemon that have higher HP stats than their defenses. Guys like Snorlax, Blissey and Alomomoola come to mind but even Swampert has I believe 100/90/90 defenses so yeah.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
at the very least you're missing the mega offensive rocks set that omfuga has been using a bit.

its something like 44 speed (or w/e beats florges), max atk, rest in hp - waterfall / eq / rocks / ice punch or superpower if your team hates abomasnow

i've used it and its good so yeah i'd add that

edit: just realized its in other options, but this one's good enough to be a main set imo. also every offensive pert needs some speed investment. cb pert for example wants at least 44 speed to beat umb / random p2, so dont just blindly suggest 252 hp.
Koko, I actually originally had that in here, but I had a talk with dodmen early on about moving it to OO and Meru QC'ed it into OO. How would you/QC like me proceed?

edit: added the set.

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
went over a lot of things on irc, provided those are implemented

3/3

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Knitpick: on the Rain Sweeper and Rocks M-Pert set, Damp should be listed (not Swift Swim XD it doesn't gain it until after it megas).

tehy

Banned deucer.
Get chekt

Your third set is a glorious copypasta baby of the first two sets, fix plz :%

King UU

Done; also, what Gamer boy said; in addition, whichever ability you choose for the pre-mega, toss it a sentence in Set Details (personally i'm all for Damp but w/e)

Comments:

Despite the fact that 'rain sweeper' is a set name, it's still kinda wrong to capitalize it like that. And technically, it's 'Rain-Sweeper'

Does torrent only unlock more 2hkos? No ohkos or 3hkos? Boost is just better tbh

Since phys. D is 240/16/252, shouldn't the set details SpD be that too?

Since max speed megapert outspeeds most walls, the boosted speed doesn't help it wallbreak. Hence, the removal of 'thus'.

You call megapert a wallbreaker a lot and i was fairly sceptical; then you say it's bad against stall. Is wallbreaker really the best description for it? Also, is it best alongside bulky offense and balance, or against them? (Or both?)

OO: rocks megapert is a set, so its OO mention is superfluous.

C and C could use more meat; how do grasses do vs offensive pert? What scarfers revenge him, if any? What walls bother rocks pert? Etc.

Overview
########

Swampert has reasonable 100 / 90 / 90 bulk, which makes it an ideal defensive wall alongside its unique Water / Ground typing.,(period to comma) Swampert's unique typing also only which gives it one weakness, while sporting several resistances and one immunity. Swampert is one of the few Pokemon that stops Fire-type wallbreakers such as Darmanitan and Entei cold. Unfortunately, a x4 weakness to Grass-type moves makes it susceptible to easy OHKOs, should one mispredict; however, Swampert's strengths far exceed any potential weaknesses. Access to Stealth Rock and rRoar make Swampert an ideal entry hazard shuffler. Furthermore, Swampert's mega evolution has access to Swift Swim, and hits has base 110 / 110 defenses as well as base 150 Attack, making it an ideal Rrain Ssweeper. After using Rain Dance, Mega Swampert's speed is doubled and its huge base 150 Attack allows it to be an effective wallbreaker. However, the downside is that Mega Swampert suffers from a lack of any a sort of reliable recovery, making it susceptible to being whittled down.

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for wracking up entry hazard damage.,(period to comma) while Earthquake is a powerful STAB option,(rc) even with no little investment. Scald is a secondary STAB option with a 30% chance to burn, increasing Swampert's utility potential. Roar allows Swampert to phaze, with an added benefit of accumulated Stealth Rock damage. Toxic allows Swampert to spread status around, contributing to wallbreaking and sweeping.,(period to comma) and Protect allows Swampert to scout against Choice users.

Set Details
========

A 240 HP / 252 Def The EV spread allows Swampert to take on most non-band attackers and set up Stealth Rock, while also hitting a Leftovers numbers. Leftovers is used for passive recovery and overall longevity. Torrent should be the primary option, as it boosts Scald. scores extra 2HKOs once Scald gets a boost. Damp can be used to prevent the rare Selfdestruct or Explosion. Swampert can also use a specially defensive set, with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD and a Sassy nature.

Usage Tips
========

Swampert should be used as a defensive wall and entry hazard shuffler. Swampert can be used as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan. Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol, and can usually dominate most offensive Pokemon when it has the type advantage. Dual Mixed attacking options means Swampert can take on burn-inflicting Pokemon such as Defensive Arcanine and Choice Band Entei.

Team Options
========

Swampert is useful on stall, semi-stall, and balance cores. As such, it partners well with specially defensive Wish + users and clerics bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, or Florges, as they keep Swampert healthy and extend Swampert's its walling potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into Swampert when matchups are unfavourable. Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieving and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing two common attack types: Normal-type and Fighting-type. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Rain-Sweeper
########
name: Rain-Sweeper
ability: Swift Swim

Moves
========

Rain Dance activates Swift Swim, allowing Mega Swampert to outspeed the entire non-Choice Scarfed tier. Waterfall is a primary STAB option that receives a 1.5x boost due to rain. Furthermore,(rc) Waterfall and has a 20% flinch rate, which partners well with Swift Swim's speed boost,(rc) and thus provides more wallbreaking opportunities. Earthquake is another effective primary STAB option against all Pokemon that either resist, or are immune,(rc) to,(ac) Water-type attacks. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types.,(period to comma) and Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon. Stealth Rock can be used in order to assist in wallbreaking, as the opponent will lose health upon each switch in.

Set Details
========

An Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs allows Mega Swampert to hit as hard as possible.,(period to comma) and 252 Speed EVs ensures that Mega Swampert outspeeds the entire non-Choice Scarfed tier, as well as any Pokemon under base 100 Speed that uses Choice Scarf. Swift Swim gives Mega Swampert double the Speed after a Rain Dance. A Jolly nature can also be used in order to outspeed almost all Choice Scarf users in the tier.

Usage Tips
========

The first thing Mega Swampert should do is set up a Rain Dance in order to optimize its wallbreaking potential. Use it as an early-game wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Avoid using Mega Swampert as a lead; a bad match up may take away momentum from your team. Lastly, Mega Swampert is very useful alongside balance and bulky offense playstyles but is not very effective against stall, despite its wallbreaking potential.

Team Options
========

Mega Swampert partners well with Pokemon that appreciate Rrain Ssupport, such as Toxicroak or the variety of Hurricane users. Tornadus can set up Rain Dance effectively, setting up Swampert for late-game sweeps. Mega Swampert's Rain Dance sets up Swift Swimmers such as Kingdra or Ludicolo. Mega Swampert appreciates Wish + cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Umbreon. Due to lack of any recovery, Mega Swampert appreciates Rapid Spin support from Forretress or Kabutops. Alternatively, Defog support from Pokemon such as Crobat or Gligar alongside U-turn can also be effective in creating wallbreaking opportunities for Mega Swampert.

Stealth Rock Megapert
########
evs: 212 Atk / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for wracking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful primary STAB option, even especially with no investment.,(period to comma) and is effective Earthquake is Mega Swampert's effective primary STAB option against all Pokemon that either resist,(rc) or are immune,(rc) to Water-type attacks. Waterfall is a secondary STAB option. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types.,(period to comma) while Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon, as well as Abaomasnow.

Set Details
========

212 HP EVs alongside Mega Swampert's 110 / 110 defenses increase this set's potential to tank hits. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Mega Swampert to be an effective wallbreaker.,(period to comma) and 44 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed base 65s Pokemon prior to mega evolution Mega Evolution,(rc) and then Florges after mega evolution Mega Evolution.

Usage Tips
========

This set combines the utility of Swampert's good defensive typing and bulk with the prowess of its strong offensive typing and huge Attack. Mega Swampert can be used as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan. Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol in one-on-one situations, and can usually dominate most offensive and balanced Pokemon when it has the type advantage in said one-on-one situations. Mega Swampert's STAB coverage means it can take on a variety of Pokemon such as Poison-, Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types.

Team Options
========

This Mega Swampert set partners well with specially defensive Wish +users and clerics cleric bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, or Florges, as they keep Mega Swampert healthy and extend its wallbreaking potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into bulky Mega Swampert when matchups are unfavourable. Mega Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin,(ac) to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Mega Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieve and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing two common attack types: Normal-type and Fighting-type. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Other Options
########

An alternative Stealth Rock Mega Swampert Lead can be used. A Choice Band set is another viable option, and some Speed can be used to hit certain speed tiers. Assault Vest can also be used with some effectiveness. Mega Swampert can utilize bulky Rest Talk for a reliable means of recovery. An alternative specially bulky Mono-attacking Curse and Rest Talk set is another option. Curse and three attacks or Curse and two attacks with Rest are also alternative options.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught all pose significant problems for Swampert, as all of these Pokemons outspeed the Ddefensive sets and can OHKO or 2HKO with a Grass-type STAB.

**Toxic**: Common Toxic users such as Crobat or Umbreon can help the opponent's team whittle down Swampert. Toxic Spikes also poses a problem for this reason.

**Wallbreakers**: Choice Band Machamp and Choice Scarf Mienshao 2HKO the defensive spread, while Hydreigon and Mega Blastoise cause serious problems on the special end.

**Bulky Water-types**: No Swampert set will be able to break through Crocune or Alomomola. Rocky Helmet Alomomola will trouble the Rain Sweeper set by causing damage every time Swampert uses a physically connecting contact move such as Waterfall or Ice Punch.

Last edited:
add
remove
comment
Overview
########

Swampert has reasonable 100 / 90 / 90 bulk, which makes it an ideal defensive wall alongside its unique Water / Ground typing.,(period to comma) Swampert's unique typing also only which gives it one weakness, while sporting several resistances and one immunity. Swampert is one of the few Pokemon that stops Fire-type wallbreakers such as Darmanitan and Entei cold. Unfortunately, a 4x weakness to Grass-type moves makes it susceptible to easy OHKOs, should one mispredict; however, Swampert's strengths far exceed any potential weaknesses. Access to Stealth Rock and rRoar makes Swampert an ideal entry hazard shuffler. Furthermore, Swampert's Mega Evolution has access to Swift Swim, and hits has base 110 / 110 defenses as well as base 150 Attack, making it an ideal Rrain Ssweeper. After using Rain Dance, Mega Swampert's Speed is doubled and its huge base 150 Attack allows it to be an effective wallbreaker. However, the downside is that Mega Swampert suffers from a lack of any a sort of reliable recovery, making it susceptible to being whittled down.

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for wracking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful STAB option,(rc) even with no little investment. Scald is a secondary STAB option with a 30% chance to burn, increasing Swampert's utility potential. Roar allows Swampert to phaze, with an added benefit of accumulating Stealth Rock damage. Toxic allows Swampert to spread status around, contributing to wallbreaking and sweeping. Protect allows Swampert to scout against Choiced Pokemon.

Set Details
========

A 240 HP / 252 Def The EV spread allows Swampert to take on most non-Choice Band attackers and set up Stealth Rock, while also hitting a Leftovers numbers. Leftovers is used for passive recovery and overall longevity. Torrent should be the primary option, as it lets Swampert score some extra 2HKOs once Scald gets a boost. Damp can be used to prevent the rare Selfdestruct or Explosion. Swampert can also use a specially defensive set, with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD and a Sassy nature.

Usage Tips
========

Swampert should be used as a defensive wall and entry hazard shuffler. Swampert can be used acts as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan (perhaps just merge this with the next sentence like 'Choice Scarf Darmanitan, Nidoking, and Mega Absol'?). Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol, and can usually dominate most offensive Pokemon when it has the type advantage. Dual Mixed attacking options means Swampert can take on burn-inflicting Pokemon such as defensive Arcanine and Choice Band Entei.

Team Options
========

Swampert is useful on stall, semi-stall, and balance cores. As such, it partners well with specially defensive Wish + users and clerics bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Swampert healthy and extend Swampert's its walling potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieving and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing Normal- and Fighting-type moves, which are very common. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb strong Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Rain-Sweeper
########

Moves
========

Rain Dance activates Swift Swim, allowing Mega Swampert to outspeed the entire unboosted tier. Waterfall is a primary STAB option that receives a 1.5x boost due to rain. Furthermore,(rc) Waterfall and has a 20% flinch rate, which partners well with Swift Swim's Speed boost,(rc) and thus provides more wallbreaking opportunities. Earthquake is another effective primary STAB option against all Pokemon that either resist, or are immune,(rc) to,(ac) Water-type attacks. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon. Stealth Rock can be used in order to assist in wallbreaking, as the opponent will lose health upon each switch in.

Set Details
========

An Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs allows Mega Swampert to hit as hard as possible.,(period to comma) and 252 Speed EVs ensures that Mega Swampert outspeeds the entire unboosted tier in the rain, as well as any Pokemon under base 100 Speed that uses Choice Scarf. Swift Swim gives Mega Swampert double the Speed after a Rain Dance. [this sentence is self-explanatory so you don't need to mention this, I put it in the first sentence] A Jolly nature can also be used in order to outspeed almost all Choice Scarf users in the tier. [a significant benchmark would be nice]

[imo the first sentence is self-explanatory but if there isn't any significant benchmark reached by the given EVs then let it be]
Usage Tips
========

The first thing Mega Swampert should do is set up a Rain Dance in order to optimize its wallbreaking potential. Use it as an early-game wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Avoid using Mega Swampert as a lead; a bad matchup may take away momentum from your team. Lastly, Mega Swampert is very useful alongside balance and bulky offense playstyles, but is not very effective against stall, despite its wallbreaking potential.

Team Options
========

Mega Swampert partners well with Pokemon that appreciate Rrain Ssupport, such as Toxicroak or a variety of Hurricane users. Tornadus can set up Rain Dance effectively, setting up Swampert for late-game sweeps. Mega Swampert's Rain Dance aids Swift Swim sweepers such as Kingdra or Ludicolo. Mega Swampert appreciates Wish and cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges and Umbreon. Due to its lack of any recovery, Mega Swampert appreciates Rapid Spin support from Forretress or Kabutops. Alternatively, Defog support from Pokemon such as Crobat or Gligar along with U-turn can also be effective in creating wallbreaking opportunities for Mega Swampert.

Stealth Rock Megapert
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for wracking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful primary STAB option, even especially with no investment.,(period to comma) and is effective Earthquake is Mega Swampert's effective primary STAB option against all Pokemon that either resist,(rc) or are immune,(rc) to Water-type attacks. Waterfall is a secondary STAB option. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types.,(period to comma) while Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon, as well as Abaomasnow.

Set Details
========

212 HP EVs alongside Mega Swampert's 110 / 110 defenses increase this set's potential to tank hits. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Mega Swampert to be an effective wallbreaker. 44 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed base 65s Pokemon prior to mega evolution Mega Evolution,(rc) and then Florges after mega evolution Mega Evolution.

Usage Tips
========

This set combines the utility of Swampert's good defensive typing and bulk with the prowess of its strong offensive typing and huge Attack. Mega Swampert can be used as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan. Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol in one-on-one situations, and can usually dominate most offensive and balanced Pokemon when it has the type advantage in said one-on-one situations. Mega Swampert's STAB coverage means it can take on a variety of Pokemon such as Poison-, Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types.

Team Options
========

This Mega Swampert set partners well with specially defensive Wish +users and clerics cleric bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Mega Swampert healthy and extend its wallbreaking potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into bulky Mega Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Mega Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin,(ac) to name a few, that need a defensive check to Fire-type wallbreakers. Mega Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieve and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing common Normal- and Fighting-type moves. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Other Options
########

An alternative Stealth Rock Mega Swampert Lead can be used. A Choice Band set is another viable option, and some Speed can be used to hit certain speed tiers. Assault Vest can also be used to some effect. Mega Swampert can utilize bulky RestTalk (either say 'can use a bulky RestTalk set' or 'can utilize RestTalk') for a reliable means of recovery. An alternative specially bulky mono-attacking Curse + RestTalk set is another option. Curse and three attacks or Curse with two attacks with Rest are also alternative options.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught all pose significant problems to Swampert, as all of these Pokemons outspeed the Ddefensive sets and can OHKO or 2HKO with a Grass-type STAB move.

**Toxic**: Common Toxic users such as Crobat and Umbreon can help the opponent's team whittle down Swampert. Toxic Spikes also poses a problem for this reason.

**Wallbreakers**: Choice Band Machamp and Choice Scarf Mienshao 2HKO the defensive set, while Hydreigon and Mega Blastoise cause Swampert serious problems due to its poor special bulk (refrain from referring to the physical-special "spectrum").

**Bulky Water-types**: No Swampert set will be able to break through CroCune or Alomomola. Rocky Helmet Alomomola will trouble the rain sweeper set by causing damage every time Swampert uses a physically connecting contact move such as Waterfall or Ice Punch.

worked over the above check, tehy
Also there is some repetitiveness where I made a few different changes, I'd suggest changing it a bit around because I'm pretty sure the sets must function at least a bit differently
anyway GP 1/2~

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
add
remove
comment
Overview
########

Swampert has reasonable 100 / 90 / 90 bulk, which makes it an ideal defensive wall alongside its unique Water / Ground typing.,(period to comma) Swampert's unique typing also only which gives it one weakness, while sporting several resistances and one immunity. Swampert is one of the few Pokemon that stops Fire-type wallbreakers such as Darmanitan and Entei cold. Unfortunately, a 4x weakness to Grass-type moves makes it susceptible to easy OHKOs, should one mispredict; however, Swampert's strengths far exceed any potential weaknesses. Access to Stealth Rock and rRoar makes Swampert an ideal entry hazard shuffler. Furthermore, Swampert's Mega Evolution has access to Swift Swim, and hits has base 110 / 110 defenses as well as base 150 Attack, making it an ideal Rrain Ssweeper. After using Rain Dance, Mega Swampert's Speed is doubled and its huge base 150 Attack allows it to be an effective wallbreaker. However, the downside is that Mega Swampert suffers from a lack of any a sort of reliable recovery, making it susceptible to being whittled down.

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for wracking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful STAB option,(rc) even with no little investment. Scald is a secondary STAB option with a 30% chance to burn, increasing Swampert's utility potential. Roar allows Swampert to phaze, with an added benefit of accumulating Stealth Rock damage. Toxic allows Swampert to spread status around, contributing to wallbreaking and sweeping. Protect allows Swampert to scout against Choiced Pokemon.

Set Details
========

A 240 HP / 252 Def The EV spread allows Swampert to take on most non-Choice Band attackers and set up Stealth Rock, while also hitting a Leftovers numbers. Leftovers is used for passive recovery and overall longevity. Torrent should be the primary option, as it lets Swampert score some extra 2HKOs once Scald gets a boost. Damp can be used to prevent the rare Selfdestruct or Explosion. Swampert can also use a specially defensive set, with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD and a Sassy nature.

Usage Tips
========

Swampert should be used as a defensive wall and entry hazard shuffler. Swampert can be used acts as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan (perhaps just merge this with the next sentence like 'Choice Scarf Darmanitan, Nidoking, and Mega Absol'?). Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol, and can usually dominate most offensive Pokemon when it has the type advantage. Dual Mixed attacking options means Swampert can take on burn-inflicting Pokemon such as defensive Arcanine and Choice Band Entei.

Team Options
========

Swampert is useful on stall, semi-stall, and balance cores. As such, it partners well with specially defensive Wish + users and clerics bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Swampert healthy and extend Swampert's its walling potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieving and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing Normal- and Fighting-type moves, which are very common. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb strong Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Rain-Sweeper
########

Moves
========

Rain Dance activates Swift Swim, allowing Mega Swampert to outspeed the entire unboosted tier. Waterfall is a primary STAB option that receives a 1.5x boost due to rain. Furthermore,(rc) Waterfall and has a 20% flinch rate, which partners well with Swift Swim's Speed boost,(rc) and thus provides more wallbreaking opportunities. Earthquake is another effective primary STAB option against all Pokemon that either resist, or are immune,(rc) to,(ac) Water-type attacks. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon. Stealth Rock can be used in order to assist in wallbreaking, as the opponent will lose health upon each switch in.

Set Details
========

An Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs allows Mega Swampert to hit as hard as possible.,(period to comma) and 252 Speed EVs ensures that Mega Swampert outspeeds the entire unboosted tier in the rain, as well as any Pokemon under base 100 Speed that uses Choice Scarf. Swift Swim gives Mega Swampert double the Speed after a Rain Dance. [this sentence is self-explanatory so you don't need to mention this, I put it in the first sentence] A Jolly nature can also be used in order to outspeed almost all Choice Scarf users in the tier. [a significant benchmark would be nice]

[imo the first sentence is self-explanatory but if there isn't any significant benchmark reached by the given EVs then let it be]
Usage Tips
========

The first thing Mega Swampert should do is set up a Rain Dance in order to optimize its wallbreaking potential. Use it as an early-game wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Avoid using Mega Swampert as a lead; a bad matchup may take away momentum from your team. Lastly, Mega Swampert is very useful alongside balance and bulky offense playstyles, but is not very effective against stall, despite its wallbreaking potential.

Team Options
========

Mega Swampert partners well with Pokemon that appreciate Rrain Ssupport, such as Toxicroak or a variety of Hurricane users. Tornadus can set up Rain Dance effectively, setting up Swampert for late-game sweeps. Mega Swampert's Rain Dance aids Swift Swim sweepers such as Kingdra or Ludicolo. Mega Swampert appreciates Wish and cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges and Umbreon. Due to its lack of any recovery, Mega Swampert appreciates Rapid Spin support from Forretress or Kabutops. Alternatively, Defog support from Pokemon such as Crobat or Gligar along with U-turn can also be effective in creating wallbreaking opportunities for Mega Swampert.

Stealth Rock Megapert
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

212 HP EVs alongside Mega Swampert's 110 / 110 defenses increase this set's potential to tank hits. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Mega Swampert to be an effective wallbreaker. 44 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed base 65s Pokemon prior to mega evolution Mega Evolution,(rc) and then Florges after mega evolution Mega Evolution.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

This Mega Swampert set partners well with specially defensive Wish +users and clerics cleric bell users such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Mega Swampert healthy and extend its wallbreaking potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or Darmanitan that can pivot into bulky Mega Swampert when their matchups are unfavourable. Mega Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin,(ac) to name a few, that need a defensive check to Fire-type wallbreakers. Mega Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Cofagrigus for spinblocking support.,(period to comma) Ghost-types also relieve and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert it by better absorbing common Normal- and Fighting-type moves. Chandelure,(rc) in particular,(rc) can also absorb Fire-type wallbreaking moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Other Options
########

An alternative Stealth Rock Mega Swampert Lead can be used. A Choice Band set is another viable option, and some Speed can be used to hit certain speed tiers. Assault Vest can also be used to some effect. Mega Swampert can utilize bulky RestTalk (either say 'can use a bulky RestTalk set' or 'can utilize RestTalk') for a reliable means of recovery. An alternative specially bulky mono-attacking Curse + RestTalk set is another option. Curse and three attacks or Curse with two attacks with Rest are also alternative options.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught all pose significant problems to Swampert, as all of these Pokemons outspeed the Ddefensive sets and can OHKO or 2HKO with a Grass-type STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Choice Band Machamp and Choice Scarf Mienshao 2HKO the defensive set, while Hydreigon and Mega Blastoise cause Swampert serious problems due to its poor special bulk (refrain from referring to the physical-special "spectrum").

**Bulky Water-types**: No Swampert set will be able to break through CroCune or Alomomola. Rocky Helmet Alomomola will trouble the rain sweeper set by causing damage every time Swampert uses a physically connecting contact move such as Waterfall or Ice Punch.

worked over the above check, tehy
Also there is some repetitiveness where I made a few different changes, I'd suggest changing it a bit around because I'm pretty sure the sets must function at least a bit differently
anyway GP 1/2~
Implemented.

ready for second check.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When describing protect on the first set, I think it's important to include that it's notable for blocking mienshaos high jump kick while scouting to see if it'll just go for u-turn.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2

Overview
########

Swampert has reasonable 100 / 90 / 90 bulk which makes it an ideal defensive wall alongside its unique Water / Ground typing, which gives it one weakness, while sporting several resistances and one immunity. Swampert is one of the few Pokemon that stops Fire-type wallbreakers such as Darmanitan and Entei cold. Unfortunately, a 4x weakness to Grass-type moves makes it susceptible to easy OHKOs should one mispredict; however, Swampert's strengths far exceed any potential weaknesses. Access to Stealth Rock and Roar makes Swampert an ideal entry hazard shuffler. Furthermore, Swampert's Mega Evolution has access to Swift Swim, (remove comma) and has base 110 / 110 defenses as well as base 150 Attack, making it an ideal rain sweeper. After using Rain Dance, Mega Swampert's Speed is doubled and alongside its huge base 150 Attack allows it to be an effective wallbreaker. However, the downside is that Mega Swampert suffers from a lack of any sort of reliable recovery, making it susceptible to being whittled down.

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for racking up entry hazard damage, while Earthquake is a powerful STAB option even with little investment. Scald is a secondary STAB option with a 30% chance to burn, increasing Swampert's utility. Roar allows Swampert to phaze, with an added benefit of accumulating Stealth Rock damage. Toxic allows Swampert to spread status around, contributing to wallbreaking and sweeping, and Protect allows Swampert to scout against Choiced Pokemon.

Set Details
========

The EV spread allows Swampert to take on most non-Choice Band attackers and set up Stealth Rock, while also hitting a Leftovers numbers. Leftovers is used for passive recovery and overall longevity. Torrent should be the primary option, as it lets Swampert score extra 2HKOs with Scald once it activates once Scald gets a boost. Damp can be used to prevent the rare Self-Destruct or Explosion. Swampert can also use a specially defensive set, with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD (other 4 EVs?) and a Sassy nature.

Usage Tips
========

Swampert should be used as a defensive wall and entry hazard shuffler. Swampert acts as a decent lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan as well as Nidoking and Mega Absol, (remove comma) and can usually dominate most offensive Pokemon when it has the type advantage. Mixed attacking options mean Swampert can take on burn-inflicting Pokemon such as defensive Arcanine and Choice Band Entei.

Team Options
========

Swampert is useful on stall, semi-stall, and balance cores. As such, it partners well with specially defensive Wish users and clerics such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Swampert healthy and extend its walling potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or and Darmanitan, which that can pivot into Swampert when their matchups are unfavorable. Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check against Fire-type wallbreakers. Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or and Cofagrigus for spinblocking support and for taking defensive pressure off of it by better absorbing Normal- and Fighting-type moves, which are very common. Chandelure in particular can also absorb Fire-type moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Rain Sweeper
########
name: Rain Sweeper

Moves
========

Rain Dance activates Swift Swim, allowing Mega Swampert to outspeed the entire unboosted tier. Waterfall is a primary STAB option that receives a 1.5x boost due to rain and has a 20% flinch rate, which partners well with Swift Swim's Speed boost, and provides more wallbreaking opportunities (is this last part still referring to Waterfall's flinch chance? if yes, take out the comma before 'and provides'. ). Earthquake is an effective STAB option against all (is it really all? if it is literally all then ignore my change) Pokemon that either resist, (remove comma here and after 'to') or are immune to, Water-type attacks. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon. Stealth Rock can be used in order to assist in wallbreaking, as the opponent foes will lose health upon each switch-in.

Set Details
========

An Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs allow Mega Swampert to hit as hard as possible, (comma) and 252 Speed EVs ensure that Mega Swampert outspeeds the entire non-Choice Scarfed tier as well as any Pokemon under base 100 Speed that uses Choice Scarf. Swift Swim doubles Mega Swampert's Speed under rain gives Mega Swampert double the Speed after a Rain Dance. A Jolly nature can also be used instead in order to outspeed almost all Choice Scarf users in the tier.

Usage Tips
========

The first thing Mega Swampert should do is set up a (remove a) Rain Dance in order to optimize its wallbreaking potential. Use it as an early-game wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Avoid using Mega Swampert as a lead; a bad matchup may take away momentum from your team. Lastly, Mega Swampert is very useful alongside balance and bulky offense playstyles, (remove comma) but is not very effective against stall, despite its wallbreaking potential.

Team Options
========

Mega Swampert partners well with Pokemon that appreciate rain support, such as Toxicroak or a variety of Hurricane users. Tornadus can set up Rain Dance effectively, setting up Swampert for late-game sweeps. Mega Swampert's Rain Dance aids Swift Swim sweepers such as Kingdra or Ludicolo. Mega Swampert appreciates Wish and cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Umbreon. Due to its lack of recovery, Mega Swampert appreciates Rapid Spin support from Forretress or Kabutops. Alternatively, Defog support from Pokemon such as Crobat or Gligar along with U-turn can also be effective in creating wallbreaking opportunities for Mega Swampert.

Stealth Rock Megapert (i don't think you need this? just imo though)
########
move 2: Waterfall (you talk about Earthquake first in the moves section, so switch the order of Waterfall and Earthquake here)
evs: 212 Atk HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is used for racking up entry hazard damage. Earthquake is a powerful primary STAB option, especially with investment, (comma) and is effective against all (is it really all...?) Pokemon that either resist or are immune, (remove comma) to Water-type attacks. Waterfall is a secondary STAB option. Ice Punch is used to hit Grass- and Flying-types. Superpower is used to hit common Normal- and Dark-types, including Snorlax, Hydreigon, Blissey, and Umbreon, as well as Abomasnow.

Set Details
========

212 HP EVs alongside Mega Swampert's 110 / 110 defenses increase this set's potential to tank hits. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Mega Swampert to be an effective wallbreaker and 44 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed base 65 Speed Pokemon prior to Mega Evolution and Florges after Mega Evolution.

Usage Tips
========

This set combines the utility of Swampert's good defensive typing and bulk with the prowess of its strong offensive typing and huge Attack. Mega Swampert can be used as a lead, as it can take on frail Choice Scarf leads such as Darmanitan. Swampert can take on frail threats such as Nidoking and Mega Absol in one-on-one situations, and it can usually dominate most offensive and balanced Pokemon when it has the type advantage in said one-on-one situations. Mega Swampert's STAB coverage means it can take on a variety of Pokemon, (comma) such as Poison-, Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types.
(just one blank line)

Team Options
========

This Mega Swampert set partners well with specially defensive Wish users and clerics users such as Blissey, Umbreon, and Florges, as they keep Mega Swampert healthy and extend its wallbreaking potential. Swampert also partners well with offensive pivots and other U-turn users such as Crobat or and Darmanitan, which that can pivot into Mega Swampert when their matchups are unfavorable. Mega Swampert provides reliable wall support to the plethora of Pokemon, including Florges, Jirachi, Machamp, and Shaymin, to name a few, that need a defensive check to Fire-type wallbreakers. Mega Swampert appreciates both offensive and defensive Ghost-types such as Chandelure or and Cofagrigus for spinblocking support and for taking defensive pressure off of Swampert by better absorbing common Normal- and Fighting-type moves. Chandelure in particular can also absorb Fire-type moves via its Flash Fire ability.

Other Options
########

A Choice Band set is a viable option, and some Speed EVs can be used to hit certain Speed tiers. Assault Vest can also be used to some effect. Mega Swampert can utilize a bulky RestTalk set for a reliable means of recovery. A specially bulky mono-attacking Curse + RestTalk set is another option. Curse with three attacks or Curse with two attacks and Rest are also alternative (kinda redundant with options) options.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught all pose significant problems to Swampert, as all of these Pokemon they outspeed the defensive sets and can OHKO or 2HKO with a Grass-type STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Choice Band Machamp and Choice Scarf Mienshao 2HKO the defensive set, while Hydreigon and Mega Blastoise cause Swampert serious problems due to their superb wallbreaking capabilities.

**Bulky Water-types**: No Swampert set will be able to break through CroCune or Alomomola. Rocky Helmet Alomomola will trouble the rain sweeper set by causing damage every time Swampert uses a contact move such as Waterfall or Ice Punch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)