BAM Project Art Thread

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
OP Written by Piexplode:

Welcome to the BAM Sprite and Concept Art thread. This thread will contain some of the art from Project BAM, a fakemon project which aims to use these Pokemon to battle with on our own custom server.

Website Location: http://projectbam.proboards.com/
Server Location: bam.psim.us
BAM stands for Build A Metagame. The aim is to produce about 60 Fully Evolved Pokemon with primarily new abilities, moves, and items, that can be battled with on our own custom server (currently online at bam.psim.us and supporting other metagames as well). Whilst this thread is focussed directly upon the artwork of BAM, showcasing what we do have to try and persuade other spriters to come help out, the main focus of the project is competitively based (involved a lot on why it's been hard to produce many High Quality pieces of artwork for the project)

People in charge of BAM art:
Piexplode - Creator
K Legacy - Server Host
WreckDra - Server Admin, Website Global Moderator
Joryn - Art Manager (alongside Piexplode's girlfriend Purple Piplup)
Active Spriters:
feeboss (No Smogon account?)

(A selection of)Current Artwork:
Faeum:

Credits: User of Shadows

Chumchu Berry:

Credits: Regime (May not be considered complete; when you see this, if you wish for it to be removed, we will remove it ~Piex)
Enchanted Glove:

Credit: User of Shadows May also be not considered complete.

Armorillo:

Credits: useless trainer
Mirrage:

Credits: PISTOLERO

Credits: Scrubchoo
Tiflectum:

Credits: 8-BIT Luster
Slimurk:

Dendurus:

Credits: 8-BIT Luster
(Unnamed Currently): Normal/Flying type Pokemon

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Interesting! Definitely good, although I felt colour wise it'd be a lighter silvery complexion (spelling?) to Tiflectum. Thanks for the artwork though :)

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Interesting! Definitely good, although I felt colour wise it'd be a lighter silvery complexion (spelling?) to Tiflectum. Thanks for the artwork though :)
If it's color was silver, I think it'd be to boring. Perhaps another color scheme of light silver with granite secondaries, and lime green > purple?

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
lime green is the worst colour in existance though apart from baby puke yellow/green :]
uhh I think maybe replace it with a dark grey o.o either way I guess we can call that along the concept art side of things, and maybe have justin do a recolour once a sprite's made :] we'll see what feeboss comes up with probably

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Looking at more sprites from feeboss, we have the Bird of the Sand, Sunanotori

If you see the uploaded file, that contains a new version of Mirrage (without the Red Stripes, imo it looks better, but feeboss and my girlfriend disagree), Sunanotori again, and in the middle, the Steel/Dragon type Rikuri, whose naming we owe to Thugly Duckling

Attachments

Last edited:
Someone messaged me on the server the other day because they didn't know how to get involved. The best way to get involved is first signing up on the forum and getting someone like piex, myself, purple piplup, joryn, or wreckdra, etc etc to fill you in on the current situation and let us help you get situated and let you know which sprites haven't been reserved yet.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)