RU Aurorus

ICE DINO

Overview
########

Aurorus's access to one of the best offensive STABs in the tier, Ice, and Refrigerate, which boosts its Normal-type moves to monstrous power, make a potent offensive threat. It has a niche over similar wallbreakers such as Exploud with its useful utility moves, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it is able to threaten nearly every Defog user with its Ice-type STAB moves, and it can even clean offensive teams thanks to its ability to outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost. However, Aurorus still possess an extremely horrible defensive typing that gives it six common weaknesses, including 4x ones to Steel and Fighting and a weakness to Stealth Rock. This, coupled with its low Speed before a Rock Polish boost, limits its ability to switch into attacks and set up. Finally, Steel-types such as Bronzong and Escavalier can easily counter Aurorus, meaning it needs team support to weaken these Pokemon before it can substantially threaten the opposing team.

Stealth Rock
########
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Hyper Voice
move 3: Freeze-Dry
move 4: Earth Power
ability: Refrigerate
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Modest

Moves
========

Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it can utilize its immense offensive presence to keep it on the field. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's strongest STAB move due to it being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry hits Water-type Pokemon hard, being able to 2HKO Alomomola. Finally, Earth Power rounds out coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire can be used over Earth Power to hit Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, both of which would otherwise have little to fear from Aurorus. Dark Pulse also hits Doublade hard, and Hidden Power Fire can still 2HKO both Doublade and Cobalion. However, Earth Power generally has the best consistency, as in addition to Houndoom, it deals with the less common Delphox and Registeel as well.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs with a Life Orb are used to hit as hard as possible. A Timid nature is usually preferred over a Modest nature in order to outspeed Adamant Pangoro and Speed tie with Jolly Pangoro. Aurorus will also be able to outspeed Modest Exploud, which it checks. However, a Modest nature can be used for greater power; for example, Aurorus will then have a high chance to OHKO Cobalion and Doublade after a layer of Spikes.

Usage Tips
========

This set is best used on teams looking for an offensive Stealth Rock user that can directly threaten Defoggers, due to its powerful Ice-type STAB moves, while also being able to punch significant holes in the opposing team. Because of its offensive presence, Aurorus can force many switches, which it should use to set Stealth Rock. Try to bring Aurorus in on a Pokemon it can threaten and wall. Such examples include Choice item users locked into an ineffective move, such as Meloetta, Exploud, and Moltres, or slower defensive Pokemon such as Golbat, and Aromatisse. Aurorus can also easily sponge hits from some offensively inclined Pokemon without a super effective move, such as Fletchinder. When possible, avoid switching Aurorus in on direct damage, as it is extremely vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil. After Stealth Rock has been used, the best move to spam is Hyper Voice, since it is immensely powerful and there are very few Pokemon that resist Ice and have reliable recovery. If your opponent has a defensive Steel-type such as Bronzong or Escavalier, it is very likely they will send it out to take a Hyper Voice, so predict accordingly.

Team Options
========

Aurorus loses one-fourth of its health whenever it switches into Stealth Rock, so entry hazard removers are essential. Hitmonlee can provide Rapid Spin support and threaten the Steel-types that Aurorus struggles with, while Skuntank can use Defog to remove hazards and Pursuit to weaken checks such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. In general, Pursuit users can help whittle down Aurorus's checks, most notably Bronzong. Houndoom can both threaten and Pursuit-trap on Escavalier, making it a good partner. Aurorus also works well with teammates that similarly dislike Steel-types, as it can weaken Steel-types for them. Examples include Choice Scarf Meloetta and Mega Abomasnow. Pivots such as Eelektross are able to get Aurorus in safely.

Rock Polish
########
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Freeze-Dry
nature: Timid

Moves
========
Rock Polish allow Aurorus to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the metagame after a boost. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's best Ice-type STAB move due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is super effective against Water-types like Alomomola, and Earth Power rounds out Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire are its strongest options against Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, while also being able to do sizable damage to Doublade and Cobalion (Hidden Power Fire only in the case of Cobalion). However, both of these moves cannot KO Bronzong or Escavalier without significant prior damage, so Earth Power is recommended due to its overall consistency.

Set Details
========
252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Aurorus to outspeed Choice Scarf Moltres after a Rock Polish boost. Against defensive and slower teams, where Rock Polish is not as necessary, a Timid nature also ensures it can outspeed Pokemon such as Modest Exploud and Adamant Pangoro, allowing Aurorus to consistently check or force out these threats. 252 Special Attack EVs along with a Life Orb makes Aurorus hit as hard as possible, maximizing its chances of cleaning the opposing team.

Usage Tips
========
This is set is designed to make Aurorus sweep late-game; therefore, do not try to set up until its counters are weakened to the point where Aurorus can OHKO them, as Aurorus's many weaknesses often mean it cannot survive a hit back. Early-game, try and weaken counters such as Bronzong and Escavalier, and maintain entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field. Try to set up on Pokemon that either cannot significantly damage Aurorus or get forced out by it, such as Moltres locked into Hurricane, Fletchinder, Golbat, Aromatisse, Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, and Exploud locked into Boomburst. Keep in mind that Aurorus has above-average bulk, so it can survive most neutral hits in order to set up. Also, keep in mind that Aurorus needs slight prior damage to OHKO Pokemon such as Cobalion, Doublade, Pangoro, Rhyperior, and Moltres, to name a few. Against more defensive teams, Aurorus can be directly threatening without the use of Rock Polish, as it can outspeed most defensive Pokemon naturally and hit them hard.

Team Options
========
Because Aurorus is weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard removers can maximize Aurorus's chances of setting up a Rock Polish. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin while also threatening the Steel-types that check Aurorus. Pursuit trappers can help weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. Skuntank is a good user of Pursuit due to its access to Defog, while Houndoom can threaten Escavalier and use Pursuit on it as it switches out. A slow pivot, such as Eelektross, helps to get Aurorus into the field safely. Other attackers that can deal with Steel-types can help wear them down, such as Meloetta and Exploud. Dugtrio can weaken certain targets if necessary, such as Rhyperior. It can also utilize Memento to allow Aurorus to set up more easily.

Other Options
########

Using four attacks with a Life Orb can give Aurorus room to run coverage moves such as Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire, allowing it to threaten Bronzong and Escavalier; however, Aurorus generally prefers the utility of either Stealth Rock or Rock Polish, both of give it a niche over other wallbreakers like Exploud. Aurorus can also use Choice Specs to hit extremely hard, but this isn't preferred for the same reasons. Assault Vest can be tempting when looking at Aurorus's good special bulk, but Aurorus is a horrible user of the item. It is very prone to being worn down by entry hazards; has many common weaknesses; and with an Assault Vest, loses out on much-needed power and the ability to use crucial moves like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Finally, Nature Power is an option over Hyper Voice that allows Aurorus to avoid Sucker Punch and has a decent chance of inflicting a status condition, but Aurorus generally prefers the extra power.

Checks & Counters
########
**Specially Defensive Steel-types**: Steel-types like Bronzong and Escavalier can easily shrug off any attack Aurorus throws at them, and retaliate with a 4x super effective move. Registeel can also take an Earth Power reasonably well and potentially cripple it with Thunder Wave.

**Faster Attackers with a Super Effective Move**: While almost no offensive Pokemon can directly switch into a Hyper Voice, many Pokemon can capitalize on Aurorus's numberousweaknesses and low Speed to revenge kill it, such as Cobalion, Magneton, and Tyrantrum.

**Mach Punch Users**: Due to Aurorus's 4x weakness to Fighting-type moves, Mach Punch users such as Hitmonlee and Gurdurr can easily end its sweep.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Aurorus's power can punch large holes in most Pokemon, but many specially bulky Pokemon can take a hit from Aurorus and cripple it in return. For example, Assault Vest Slowking isn't even 2HKOed by Freeze Dry and can hit back with Scald, and Calm Mind Cresselia can use Aurorus as setup fodder.

**Passive Damage**: Aurorus's susceptibility to all forms of entry hazard and Life Orb recoil lets it get worn down easily.

Last edited:
ayte, this is looking pretty solid, honestly.

i'd just go ahead and put down max / max for the main spread, since it outpaces modest exploud by 1 point and speed ties jolly pangor in doing so. i would downplay both the mentions delphox overall (not inherently bad rn, but definitely not a meta-defining 'mon by any means, and not worth specific mentions) and dugtrio as an sr 'mon, b.c it's not good at that :[l] i'd also downplay registeel's significance rn, b/c it's value as a support 'mon is rather dubious currently, and the curse set has yet to make any significant gains in usage.

as a brief aside, just be sure to mention that rock polish is superfluous in the match-up with more defensive teams, as auroras is capable of outpacing all but the significantly speed creeping defensive 'mons. i'd also highlight that ice stab is really, really good, which is what validates the use of an auspiciously hazard-weak, slow 'mon. kinda 'obvious' things, but stuff that i feel needed to be addressed to some capacity haha.

expand on specific hazard removal here. i personally prefer gligar here, since it pivots a lot of stuff that can threaten auroras, then provide additional support as either a knock off outlet (applying that much more pressure on zonger and over-zealous escav that want to throw a knock off into gligar themselves) or as a slow u-turn to bring it in comfortably, but lee is also decent for the obviously positive interactions between fighting- and ice-types offensively. i'm also not the biggest fan of ice-type stacking as a means of overloading auroras checks, since it just stands to exacerbate an already substantial hazards weakness it causes. things like specs exploud / meloetta / dragalgae, m-sceptile, and so forth all provide similar offensive application, without increasing the pressure placed on the remainder of the team to keep sr off the field.

i'd also just compress escavalier and zong points into a simpler 'spdef steels' mention in c&c, adressing registeel to a slightly lesser degree, since that really covers it well enough i think.

can't really think of anything else here, so just implement this and i'll check

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are you sure about no stealth rock set? SR/Hyper Voice/Earth Power/Freeze-Dry or something along the lines is a set that I've heard some people had success with.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know Hyper Voice is a lot stronger but Nature Power should be put in OO to avoid Sucker Punch

Are you sure about no stealth rock set? SR/Hyper Voice/Earth Power/Freeze-Dry or something along the lines is a set that I've heard some people had success with.
I haven't used the rocks set as much as rock polish, but I just made a quick team and it looks pretty solid, so yeah, I'll add one

I'd change the set order because it is kinda hard to set up. You should include something about passive damage in oo because this is really prone to being worn down between life orb and sr weakness n being grounded and all that
Looks solid
1/3

aight changed set order. Not sure what you mean by passive damage mentioned in oo tho. I assume you mean checks and counters?

Last edited:
Reactions: g

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks solid. Maybe a passing mention in OO about why AV is terrible on this (high special attack. good special bulk. new people might think it's good / decent)

QC Approved 2/3

alrighty, cool tapes. i'd expand upon the moves and set details portion just a smidge, since it's looking quite sparse atm; throw around some pertinent examples of what move x or nature y does for it, perhaps what ko's they can achieve, etc. i understand there is bound to be some redundancy within these points, and contextually speaking, those users that read the entirety of the analysis in order will already understand the information presented by the time they get there, one should avoid being skimpy with details due to this mentality. this is because a. certain readers will just hop down to the second set, wanting to use that one in particular for one reason or another (therefore not getting the information as presented earlier) or b.qc might at some point in the future deem the secondary set more wholly useful than the first, and will accordingly switch the set order through scms, meaning that those that do read the analysis in its entirety will be left in the dark 'til the second set, which is ill-advised.

also, and this may be better left to gp, but my ocd kinda made the push here; please vary your sentence structure in the overview. rn it's actually just "first..., second..., finally..." x2, which is kinda nasty. from my understanding, u aren't a fan of lists, so don't go pushing that evil unto the innocent readers of the world g, that's just not fair. just make evident aurorus' niche, providing his strong points and a brief snippit of its application in the tier, then mention what detracts from that niche in brief, nothin fancy. i have faith in u

i'm doin my job / 3

alrighty, cool tapes. i'd expand upon the moves and set details portion just a smidge, since it's looking quite sparse atm; throw around some pertinent examples of what move x or nature y does for it, perhaps what ko's they can achieve, etc. i understand there is bound to be some redundancy within these points, and contextually speaking, those users that read the entirety of the analysis in order will already understand the information presented by the time they get there, one should avoid being skimpy with details due to this mentality. this is because a. certain readers will just hop down to the second set, wanting to use that one in particular for one reason or another (therefore not getting the information as presented earlier) or b.qc might at some point in the future deem the secondary set more wholly useful than the first, and will accordingly switch the set order through scms, meaning that those that do read the analysis in its entirety will be left in the dark 'til the second set, which is ill-advised.

also, and this may be better left to gp, but my ocd kinda made the push here; please vary your sentence structure in the overview. rn it's actually just "first..., second..., finally..." x2, which is kinda nasty. from my understanding, u aren't a fan of lists, so don't go pushing that evil unto the innocent readers of the world g, that's just not fair. just make evident aurorus' niche, providing his strong points and a brief snippit of its application in the tier, then mention what detracts from that niche in brief, nothin fancy. i have faith in u

i'm doin my job / 3
ok, I updated everything slightly based on what you said, ty

Quoting because I don't know if that is actually a qc check lol :o

am check

probably sucks because it's been forever

Overview
########

Thanks to Aurorus having one of the best offensive typings in the tier, Ice, and access to Refrigerate, (AC) which boosts its STAB Normal-type moves to monstrous power, it can be a potent offensive threat. (Ignore the change if I'm wrong, but I don't think Refrigerate boosts Aurorus's STAB moves) It gains has a niche over similar wallbreakers such as Dragalge and Exploud with its useful utility moves, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it is able to threaten nearly every Defog user with its Ice-type STAB moves, and can outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost, giving it the potential to clean offensive teams thanks to its ability to outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost. (The way it was worded before made it sound like being able to outspeed the entire tier after a RP boost helped it set up SR.) However, Aurorus still possess an extremely horrible defensive typing, exposing it to six common weakness, including a 4x weaknesses to Steel and Fighting, (RC) as well as and a weakness to Stealth Rock. (Made it sound like it has a 4x weakness to SR.) This, coupled with its low base speed Speed before without a Rock Polish boost, (AC) limits its ability to switch into attacks and set up. Finally, Steel-types such as Bronzong and Escavalier are common within the tier, most which can easily counter Aurorus, meaning it needs support to team weaken these Pokemon before it can substantially threaten the opposing team.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves
========

Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it can utilize its immense offensive presence to keep Stealth Rock it on the field. Hyper Voice is its Aurorus's strongest Ice-type STAB move due to it being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is able to hid hit Water-type Pokemon the hardest, such as 2HKOing Alomomola. Finally, Earth Power rounds off out Auroru's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-tpes Fire-types like Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire can be used over Earth Power to hit Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, both of whom would otherwise have litle little to fear from Aurorus. Dark Pulse also hits Doublade hard, and Hidden Power Fire can still 2HKO both Doublade and Cobalion. However, Earth Power generally has the best consistency, being able to hit Houndoom and, (AC) although less common, Delphox and Registeel all with one move.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs are used to outpace as many Pokemon as possible, while maximum Special Attack EVs with a Life Orb are similarly used to hit as hard as possible. A Timid nature is usually perfered preferred over a Modest nature because being able in order to force out/KO outspeed Adamant Pangoro and Speed tying with Jolly Pangoro would place you in a much more advantageous position that if you were forced out/KOed yourself. (It's implied that outspeeding / speed typing with another Pokemon puts you in an advantageous position) Aurorus will also be able to outspeed Modest Exploud, which Aurorus it checks. However, a Modest nature can be used for greater power, for example having a high chance to OHKO Cobalion and Doublade after a layer of Spikes.

Usage Tips
========

This set is best used on teams looking for an offensive Stealth Rock user that can directly threaten Defoggers, due to its powerful Ice-type STAB moves, while also being able to punch significant holes in the opposing team. Because of its offensive presence, Aurorus can cause force many switches, which you it should use as a time to set Stealth Rock. Try and to bring Aurorus in on a Pokemon that it can both threaten, (AC) and whom cannot hurt it much in return wall. Such examples include Choice users locked into an ineffective move, like Meloetta, Exploud, Dragalge and Moltres, or slower defensive Pokemon like Gligar, Golbat, and Aromatisse. It Aurorus can also easily sponge hits from some offensively inclined Pokemon without a super effective move, like such as Mega Pidgeot and Fletchinder. When at all possible, avoid switching Aurorus in on direct damage, since as it is extremely vunerable vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil. After Stealth Rock has been used, the best move to spam is Hyper Voice, since as it is immensely powerful and there are very few Pokemon that resist Ice has little resists with and have reliable recovery. If your opponent has a defensive Steel-types such as Bronzong or Escavalier, it is very likely they will send it out to take a Hyper Voice, so predict accordingly.

Team Options
========

Aurorus loses 25% 24% of its health whenever it switches into Stealth Rock, so entry hazard removers are essential. (Isn't it 24% because of the HP number?) Gligar is a great partner because it can handle the Fighting-types that threaten Aurorus, and it can also use U-Turn to bring it Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin as well as and threaten the Steel-types that Aurorus struggles with, and while Skuntank can use Defog to remove hazards and Pursuit to weaken checks such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. In general, Pursuit users can help weaken whittle down Aurorus's checks, most notably Bronzong. The aforementioned Skuntank can also Defog, while Houndoom can both threaten and use Pursuit on Escavalier, (AC) making it a good partner. Aurorus also works well with teammates that similarly dislike Steel-types, as it can weaken Steel-types for them. Examples include Choice Scarf Meloetta and Mega Sceptile. Pivots such as Eelektross and Gligar are able to get Aurorus into the field safely. The former also commonly attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten.

Rock Polish
########

Moves
========
Rock Polish allow Aurorus to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the metagame after a boost. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's best Ice-type STAB move due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is super effective against Water-types like Alomomola, and Earth Power rounds off out Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types like such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire are its strongest options against Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, while also being able to do sizeable sizable damage to Doublade and Cobalion (Hidden Power Fire only in the case of Cobalion). However, both of these moves cannot KO Bronzong and Escavalier without significant prior damage, so Earth Power is recommended overall due to overall its consistency.

Set Details
========
252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature is able allows Aurorus to outspeed Choice Scarf Moltres after a Rock Polish boost. Against defensive/ and slower teams, (AC) where Rock Polish is not as needed, a Timid nature also ensures that Aurorus it can outspeed Pokemon such as Modest Exploud, allowing Aurorus to act as a good check, and Adamant Pangoro, which is important because it gives Aurorus the ability to consistently force it out instead of being forced out yourself. 252 Special Attack EVs along with a Life Orb is to make makes Aurorus hit as hard as possible, to maximize maximizing its chances of cleaning the opposing team.

Usage Tips
========
This is set is designed to make Aurorus sweep late-game; Therefore therefore, do not try to set up until its counters are weakened to the point where Aurorus can OHKO them, as Aurorus's many weaknesses often mean it cannot survive a hit back. Early-game, try and weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong and Escavalier, and maintain entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field. When deciding to set up, do so Try to set up on things Pokemon that either cannot significantly damage hurt you Aurorus much and/or that you Aurorus can force out, such as Draglage (especially if it is locked into Sludge Bomb), Moltres locked into Hurricane, Fletchinder, Gligar, Golbat, Mega Pidgeot, Aromatisse, Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, and Exploud locked into Boomburst. Keep in mind when determining a sweeping opportunity that Aurorus has above average bulk, so it can survive most neutral hits in order to set up if need be. Also, (AC) keep in mind that Aurorus needs slight prior damage to OHKO many things from full health, (RC) Pokemon such as Cobalion, Doublade, Pangoro, Rhyperior, and Moltres, (AC) to name a few. Against more defensive teams, Aurorus can be directly threatening without the use of Rock Polish, as it can outspeed most defensive Pokemon naturally and hit them hard by virtue of its power.

Team Options
========
Because Aurorus is weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard removers can maximize Aurorus's chances at setting up a Rock Polish. Gligar is an effective partner due to its ability to switch into a lot of things that threaten Aurorus, especially Fighting-types, as well as being able to use U-Turn to bring Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin can while also threatening the Steel-types that check Aurorus. Pursuit trappers can help weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. Skuntank is a good user of Pursuit due to its ability to use Defog as well, while Houndoom can threaten Escavalier and use Pursuit on as it switches out. A slow pivot helps to get bring Aurorus into the field safely, such as Gligar or Eelektross. The latter also attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten out and potentially set up on. Other attackers that can put strain on deal with Steel-types can help wear them down, such as Meloetta, Dragalge, Mega Sceptile, and Exploud. Dugtrio can weaken certain targets if necessary, for example such as Rhyperior. It can also utilize Memento to allow Aurorus to set up easier.

Other Options
########

Using four attacks with a Life Orb can give it Aurorus room to run coverage moves such as Dark Pulse and/or Hidden Power Fire, allowing it to threaten Bronzong and Escavalier; however, Aurorus generally prefers the utility of either Stealth Rock or Rock Polish, both of which are important reasons as to why Aurorus should be used over other wallbreakers like Dragalge or Exploud. It Aurorus can also use Choice Specs to hit extremely hard, but this isn't prefered preferred for to the same reasons. Assault Vest can be tempting at first when looking at Aurorus's good special bulk, but Aurorus is a horrible user of the item. It is very prone to being worn down by entry hazards, has a massive amount of common weaknesses, and with an Assault Vest, (AC) it loses much needed power and the ability to use crucial moves like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Finally, Nature Power is an option over Hyper Voice that allows Aurorus to avoid Sucker Punch and has a decent chance of inflicting a status condition, but Aurorus generally prefers extra power.

Checks & Counters
########
**Specially Defensive Steel-types**: Steel-types like Bronzong and Escavalier can easily shrug off any attack Aurorus throws at it, and can retaliate with a 4x super effective move. Registeel can also take an Earth Power reasonably well and can potentially cripple it with Thunder Wave.

**Faster Attackers with a Super Effective Move**: While almost nothing offensively no offensive Pokemon can directly switch into a Hyper Voice, many Pokemon can capitalize on Aurorus's many weaknesses and low speed Speed without Rock Polish to revenge kill it, such as Cobalion, Magneton, Tyrantrum, and Mega Sceptile.

**Mach Punch Users**: Due to Aurorus's 4x weakness to Fighting-type moves, Mach Punch users like Hitmonlee and Gurdurr can easily end its sweep.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Aurorus's power can punch large holes in most Pokemon, but even still, many specially bulky Pokemon can take a hit from Aurorus and cripple it in return. For example, Slowking with Assault Vest Slowking easily stomachs two Freeze-Drys and nails it can hit back with Scald, Calm Mind Cresselia can use it as setup fodder with Calm Mind, and Meloetta can comfortably survive a single Hyper Voice and put it in range of common priority. (What do you mean by this? Does one of Meloetta's attacks put Aurorus in range for priority? If so, which one(s)?)

**Passive Damage**: Aurorus's weakness to all entry hazards and Life Orb recoil can quickly take a toll wear it down

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########

Thanks to Aurorus having one of the best offensive typings in the tier, Ice, and access to Refrigerate, (AC) which boosts its STAB Normal-type to monstrous power, it can be a potent offensive threat. (Ignore the change if I'm wrong, but I don't think Refrigerate boosts Aurorus's STAB moved)

It does not boost it's STAB moves, you are correct. It turns Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves which then become STAB moves. Idk if you wanna reword it or anything to better convey that, but you definitely need "moves" after the fixed "Normal-types".

It does not boost it's STAB moves, you are correct. It turns Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves which then become STAB moves. Idk if you wanna reword it or anything to better convey that, but you definitely need "moves" after the fixed "Normal-types".
Added moves, that was an oversight on my part. I think I'm just going to keep it how I edited it because Refrigerate does boost Aurorus's Normal-type moves to good power. Saying STAB moves makes me think that it's the Ice-type moves that are being boosted.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Edit: Shrugs here it is.

Get chekt

A few points where i rewrote a bit for conciseness/combination of spread-out info. Make sure to see how you feel about this stuff

Comments:

Your Earth Power explanation had more information and mine may have mischaracterized it, but it was kind of long, so try to do something about it.

Overview
########

Thanks to Aurorus having one of the best offensive typings in the tier, Ice, and access to Refrigerate which boosts its STAB to monstrous power, it can be a potent offensive threat. It gains a niche has niches over similar wallbreakers such as Dragalge and Exploud with its useful utility moves, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish.;(period to semicolon) Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock,(rc) these moves because it is able to threaten nearly every Defog user with its Ice-type STAB, and can outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost, giving it the potential to clean sweep offensive teams. However, Aurorus still possesses an extremely horrible defensive typing, exposing it to six common weaknesses, including a 4x weakness to Steel and Fighting, as well as a Stealth Rock weakness. This, coupled with its low base sSpeed without a Rock Polish boost,(ac) limits its ability to switch into attacks and set up. Finally, Steel-types such as Bronzong and Escavalier are common within the tier, and most which can easily counter Aurorus, meaning it needs support to weaken these before it can substantially threaten the opposing team.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves
========

Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it can utilize its immense offensive presence to keep Stealth Rock on the field. Hyper Voice is its Aurorus's strongest Ice-type STAB due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is able to hid hit Water-type Pokemon quite hard(ac), the hardest, (rc) such as 2HKOing Alomomola. Finally, Earth Power rounds off Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types like Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire can be used over Earth Power to hit Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, both of whom would otherwise have little to fear from Aurorus. Dark Pulse also hits Doublade hard, and Hidden Power Fire can still 2HKO both Doublade and Cobalion. However, but Earth Power generally has the best consistency, being able to hit Houndoom and, although less common, Delphox and Registeel all with one move hits the most relevant targets.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs are used to outpace as many Pokemon as possible, while maximum Special Attack EVs with a Life Orb are similarly used to hit as hard as possible. A Timid nature is usually preferred(you misspelled this hard) over Modest because being able to force out/KO outspeed Adamant Pangoro and Speed tying tie Pangoro,(ac) would place putting you in a much more advantageous position that if you were forced out/KOed yourself. Aurorus will also against it,(ac) and to outspeed Modest Exploud, which Aurorus checks. However, a Modest nature can be used for greater power,;(comma to semicolon) for example,(ac) having it gives you a high chance to OHKO Cobalion and Doublade after a layer of Spikes.

Usage Tips
========

This set is best used on teams looking for an offensive Stealth Rock user that can directly threaten Defoggers, due to its powerful Ice-type STAB, while also being able to punch significant holes in the opposing team. Because of its offensive presence, Aurorus can cause many switches, which you should use to set Stealth Rock. Try and bring Aurorus in on Pokemon it can threaten, and whom cannot hurt it much in return. Such examples include Choice users locked into an ineffective move, like Meloetta, Exploud, Dragalge and Moltres, or slower defensive Pokemon like Gligar, Golbat, and Aromatisse. It can also easily sponge hits from some offensively inclined Pokemon without a super effective move, like Mega Pidgeot and Fletchinder. When at all possible, avoid switching Aurorus in on direct damage, since it is extremely vulnerable to being worn down by hazards and Life Orb recoil. After Stealth Rock has been used, the best move to spam is Hyper Voice, since it is immensely powerful and Ice has little few resists with reliable recovery. If your opponent has a defensive Steel-types such as Bronzong or Escavalier, it is very likely they will send it out to take a Hyper Voice, so predict accordingly.

Team Options
========

Aurorus loses 25% of its health whenever it switches into Stealth Rock, so hazard removers are essential. Gligar is a great partner because it can handle the Fighting-types that threaten Aurorus, and can also use U-Turn to bring it in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin as well as threaten the Steel-types that Aurorus struggles with, and Skuntank can use Pursuit to weaken checks such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking while Defogging away hazards. In general, Pursuit users can help weaken down Aurorus's checks, most notably Bronzong.;(period to semicolon) The aforementioned Skuntank can also Defog, while Houndoom Houndoom in particular can threaten and use Pursuit on Escavalier. Aurorus also works well with teammates that similarly dislike Steel-types, as it can weaken them. Examples include Choice Scarf Meloetta and Mega Sceptile. Pivots such as Eelektross and Gligar are able to get Aurorus into the field safely. The former also commonly attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten.

Rock Polish
########

Moves
========
Rock Polish allow Aurorus to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the metagame after a boost.,(period to comma) while Hyper Voice is Aurorus's best Ice-type STAB due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is super effective against Water-types like Alomomola, and Earth Power rounds off Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types like Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire are its strongest options against Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, while also being able to do sizeable damage to Doublade; and Cobalion (Hidden Power Fire also hits only in the case of Cobalion). However, both of these moves cannot OHKO Bronzong and Escavalier without significant prior damage, so Earth Power is recommended due to overall consistency.

Set Details
========
252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature is lets Aurorus able to outspeed Choice Scarf Moltres at +2 and after a Rock Polish boost. Against defensive/slower teams where Rock Polish is not as needed, a Timid nature also ensures it can outspeed Pokemon such as Modest Exploud, allowing Aurorus to act as a good check to it, and Adamant Pangoro, which is important because it gives Aurorus the ability to letting Aurorus consistently force it out instead of being forced out yourself itself. 252 Special Attack EVs along with a Life Orb is to make Aurorus hit as hard as possible, to maximize maximizing its chances of cleaning the opposing team.

Usage Tips
========
This is set is designed to make Aurorus sweep late-game; Ttherefore, do not try to set up until its counters are weakened to the point where Aurorus can OHKO them, as Aurorus's many weaknesses often mean it cannot survive a hit back. Early-game, try and weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong and Escavalier, and maintain hazards on the opponent's field. When deciding to set up, do so on things that cannot hurt you much and/or that you force out, such as Draglalge (especially if it is locked into Sludge Bomb), Moltres locked into Hurricane, Fletchinder, Gligar, Golbat, Mega Pidgeot, Aromatisse, Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, and Exploud locked into Boomburst. Keep in mind when determining a sweeping opportunity that Aurorus has above average bulk, so it can survive most neutral hits if need be. Also keep in mind that Aurorus needs slight prior damage to OHKO many things from full health, such as Cobalion, Doublade, Pangoro, Rhyperior, and Moltres, to name a few. Against more defensive teams, Aurorus can be directly threatening without the use of Rock Polish, as it can outspeed most defensive Pokemon naturally and hit them hard by virtue of its power.

Team Options
========
Because Aurorus is weak to Stealth Rock, hazard removers can maximize Aurorus's chances at setting up a Rock Polish. Gligar is an effective partner due to its ability to switch into a lot of things that threaten Aurorus, especially Fighting-types, as well as while being able to use U-Turn to bring Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can Rapid Spin and also threaten the Steel-types that check Aurorus. Pursuit trappers can help weaken Aurorus's counters,(ac) such as which include Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking.;(period to semicolon) Skuntank is a and Houndoom are good users of Pursuit due to its their ability to use Defog as well, while Houndoom can and threaten Escavalier and use Pursuit on it , (ac) respectively. A slow pivot helps to get Aurorus into the field safely, such as Gligar or Eelektross.;(period to semicolon) or the aforementioned Gligar; the former The latter also attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten out and potentially set up on as a result. Other attackers that can put strain on Steel-types can help wear them down, such as Meloetta, Dragalge, Mega Sceptile, and Exploud. Dugtrio can weaken certain targets if necessary, for example such examples Rhyperior. ,(period to comma)It can also and utilize Memento to allow Aurorus to set up easier.

Other Options
########

Using four attacks with a Life Orb can give it Aurorus room to run coverage moves such as Dark Pulse and/or Hidden Power Fire, allowing it to threaten Bronzong and Escavalier; however, Aurorus generally prefers the utility of either Stealth Rock or Rock Polish, both of which are important reasons why Aurorus should be used over other wallbreakers like Dragalge or Exploud. It can also use Choice Specs to hit extremely hard, but isn't preferred to for the same reasons. Assault Vest can be tempting at first when looking at Aurorus's good special bulk, but Aurorus is a horrible user of the item., as Iit is very prone to being worn down by hazards, has a massive amount of common weaknesses, and with an Assault Vest it loses much needed power and the ability to use crucial moves like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish with an Assault Vest. Finally, Nature Power is an option over Hyper Voice that allows Aurorus to avoid Sucker Punch and has a decent chance of inflicting a status condition, but Aurorus generally prefers extra power.

Checks & Counters
########
**Specially Defensive Steel-types**: Steel-types like Bronzong and Escavalier can easily shrug off any attack Aurorus throws at it them, and can retaliate with a 4x super effective move. Registeel can also take an Earth Power reasonably well and potentially cripple it Aurorus with Thunder Wave.

**Faster Attackers with a Super Effective Move**: While almost nothing offensively can directly switch into a Hyper Voice, many Pokemon can capitalize on Aurorus's many weaknesses and low speed without Rock Polish to revenge kill it, such as Cobalion, Magneton, Tyrantrum, and Mega Sceptile.

**Mach Punch Users**: Due to Aurorus's 4x weakness to Fighting-type moves, Mach Punch users like Hitmonlee and Gurdurr can easily end its sweep.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Aurorus's power can punch large holes in most Pokemon, but even still, many specially bulky Pokemon can take a hit from Aurorus and cripple it in return. For example, Slowking with Assault Vest easily stomachs two Freeze-Dry comfortably avoids the 2HKO from Freeze Dry and nails it Aurorus with Scald, Cresselia can use it as setup fodder with Calm Mind, and Meloetta can comfortably survive a single Hyper Voice and put it in range of common priority.

**Passive Damage**: Aurorus's weakness to all entry hazards and along with Life Orb recoil can quickly take a toll.

Last edited:
oh yeah btw im stamping LightningLuxray 's check
add
remove
comments
Overview
########

Thanks to Aurorus having one of the best offensive typings in the tier, Ice (are you saying Rock/Ice is great or that one of its STABs, Ice, is great? clarify), and access to Refrigerate, (AC) which boosts its STAB Normal-type moves to monstrous power, it can be a potent offensive threat. It gains has a niche over similar wallbreakers such as Dragalge and Exploud with its useful utility moves, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it is able to threaten nearly every Defog user with its Ice-type STAB moves, and can outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost, giving it the potential to clean offensive teams thanks to its ability to outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost. However, Aurorus still possesses an extremely horrible defensive typing, giving it six common weaknesses, including a 4x weaknesses to Steel and Fighting, (RC) as well as and a weakness to Stealth Rock. This, coupled with its low base speed Speed before without a Rock Polish boost, (AC) limits its ability to switch into attacks and set up. Finally, Steel-types such as Bronzong and Escavalier are common within the tier, most of which can easily counter Aurorus, are common within the tier, meaning it needs team support to team weaken these Pokemon before it can substantially threaten the opposing team.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves
========

Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it can utilize its immense offensive presence to keep Stealth Rock it on the field. Hyper Voice is its Aurorus's strongest Ice-type STAB move due to it being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is able to hid hit Water-type Pokemon the hardest, being able to 2HKO Alomomola. Finally, Earth Power rounds off out Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-tpes Fire-types such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse or Hidden Power Fire can be used over Earth Power to hit Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, both of which would otherwise have litle little to fear from Aurorus. Dark Pulse also hits Doublade hard, and Hidden Power Fire can still 2HKO both Doublade and Cobalion. However, Earth Power generally has the best consistency, being able to hit Houndoom as well as, (AC) although less common, Delphox and Registeel all with one move.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs are used to outpace as many Pokemon as possible (self-explanatory... unless it outspeeds anything specific don't mention this), while maximum Special Attack EVs with a Life Orb are similarly used to hit as hard as possible (same). A Timid nature is usually perfered preferred over a Modest nature (honestly this change isn't necessary, 'Modest' is perfectly fine) because being able in order to force out/KO outspeed Adamant Pangoro and Speed tie with Jolly Pangoro would place you in a much more advantageous position that if you were forced out/KOed yourself. Aurorus will also be able to outspeed Modest Exploud, which Aurorus it checks. However, a Modest nature can be used for greater power, for example having a high chance to OHKO Cobalion and Doublade after a layer of Spikes.

Usage Tips
========

This set is best used on teams looking for an offensive Stealth Rock user that can directly threaten Defoggers, due to its powerful Ice-type STAB moves, while also being able to punch significant holes in the opposing team. Because of its offensive presence, Aurorus can cause force many switches, which you it should use as a time (don't implement this part) to set Stealth Rock. Try and to bring Aurorus in on a Pokemon that it can both threaten, (AC) and whom cannot hurt it much in return wall. Such examples include Choiced users locked into an ineffective move, such as Meloetta, Exploud, Dragalge, and Moltres, or slower defensive Pokemon such as Gligar, Golbat, and Aromatisse. It Aurorus can also easily sponge hits from some offensively inclined Pokemon without a super effective move, like such as Mega Pidgeot and Fletchinder. When at all possible, avoid switching Aurorus in on direct damage, since as it is extremely vunerable vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil. After Stealth Rock has been used, the best move to spam is Hyper Voice, since as it is immensely powerful and there are very few Pokemon that resist Ice has little resists with and have reliable recovery. If your opponent has a defensive Steel-types such as Bronzong or Escavalier, it is very likely they will send it out to take a Hyper Voice, so predict accordingly.

Team Options
========

Aurorus loses 25% 24% one-fourth of its health whenever it switches into Stealth Rock, so entry hazard removers are essential. (Isn't it 24% because of the HP number?) (You don't mention percentages, you have to write it in word form) Gligar is a great partner because it can handle the Fighting-types that threaten Aurorus, and it can also use U-Turn to bring it Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin as well as and threaten the Steel-types that Aurorus struggles with, and while Skuntank can use Defog to remove hazards and Pursuit to weaken Aurorus's checks such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. In general, Pursuit users can help weaken whittle down Aurorus's checks, most notably Bronzong. The aforementioned Skuntank can also Defog, while Houndoom can both threaten and use Pursuit on Escavalier, (AC) making it a good partner. Aurorus also works well with teammates that similarly dislike Steel-types, as it can weaken Steel-types for them. Examples include Choice Scarf Meloetta and Mega Sceptile. Pivots such as Eelektross and Gligar are able to get Aurorus in safely. The former also commonly attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten.

Rock Polish
########

Moves
========
Rock Polish allow Aurorus to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the metagame after a boost. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's best Ice-type STAB move due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is super effective against Water-types like Alomomola, and Earth Power rounds off out Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types like such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire are its strongest options against Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, while also being able to do sizeable sizable damage to Doublade and Cobalion (Hidden Power Fire only in the case of Cobalion). However, both of these moves cannot KO Bronzong or Escavalier without significant prior damage, so Earth Power is recommended overall due to overall its consistency.

Set Details
========
252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature is able allow Aurorus to outspeed Choice Scarf Moltres after a Rock Polish boost. Against defensive / and slower teams, (AC) where Rock Polish is not as needed as much, a Timid nature also ensures that Aurorus it can outspeed Pokemon such as Modest Exploud, allowing Aurorus to act as a good check to it, and Adamant Pangoro, which is important because it gives Aurorus the ability to consistently force it out instead of being forced out yourself. 252 Special Attack EVs along with a Life Orb is to make makes Aurorus hit as hard as possible, to maximize maximizing its chances of cleaning the opposing team.

Usage Tips
========
This is set is designed to make Aurorus sweep late-game; Therefore therefore, do not try to set up until its counters are weakened to the point where Aurorus can OHKO them, as Aurorus's many weaknesses often mean it cannot survive a hit back. Early-game, try and weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong and Escavalier, and maintain entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field. When deciding to set up, do so Try to set up on things Pokemon that either cannot significantly damage hurt you Aurorus much and/or that you Aurorus can force out, such as Dragalge (especially if it is locked into Sludge Bomb) (there's no reason to remove this, it's better not to mess with qc stuff), Moltres locked into Hurricane, Fletchinder, Gligar, Golbat, Mega Pidgeot, Aromatisse, Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, and Exploud locked into Boomburst. Keep in mind when determining a sweeping opportunity that Aurorus has above-average bulk, so it can survive most neutral hits in order to set up if need be. Also, (AC) keep in mind that Aurorus needs slight prior damage to OHKO many things from full health, (RC) Pokemon such as Cobalion, Doublade, Pangoro, Rhyperior, and Moltres, (AC) to name a few. Against more defensive teams, Aurorus can be directly threatening without the use of Rock Polish, as it can outspeed most defensive Pokemon naturally and hit them hard by virtue of its power.

Team Options
========
Because Aurorus is weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard removers can maximize Aurorus's chances at setting up a Rock Polish. Gligar is an effective partner due to its ability to switch into a lot of things that threaten Aurorus, especially Fighting-types, as well as being able to use U-turn to bring Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin can while also threatening the Steel-types that check Aurorus. Pursuit trappers can help weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. Skuntank is a good user of Pursuit due to its ability to use Defog as well, while Houndoom can threaten Escavalier and use Pursuit on as it switches out. (You're repeating sentences from the previous paragraph; please don't do this, as it's incredibly lazy and adds no actual information) A slow pivot, such as Gligar or Eelektross, helps to get bring Aurorus in safely, such as Gligar or Eelektross. The latter also attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten out and potentially set up on. (again, you've just copied the sentence) Other attackers that can put strain on deal with Steel-types can help wear them down, such as Meloetta, Dragalge, Mega Sceptile, and Exploud. Dugtrio can weaken certain targets if necessary, for example such as Rhyperior. It can also utilize Memento to allow Aurorus to set up more easily.

Other Options
########

Using four attacks with a Life Orb can give it Aurorus room to run coverage moves such as Dark Pulse and/or Hidden Power Fire, allowing it to threaten Bronzong and Escavalier; however, Aurorus generally prefers the utility of either Stealth Rock or Rock Polish, both of which are important reasons as to why Aurorus should be used over other wallbreakers like Dragalge or Exploud. It Aurorus can also use Choice Specs to hit extremely hard, but this isn't prefered preferred for to the same reasons. Assault Vest can be tempting at first when looking at Aurorus's good special bulk, but Aurorus is a horrible user of the item. It is very prone to being worn down by entry hazards, has many common weaknesses, and with an Assault Vest, (AC) it loses out on much-needed power and the ability to use crucial moves like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Finally, Nature Power is an option over Hyper Voice that allows Aurorus to avoid Sucker Punch and has a decent chance of inflicting a status condition, but Aurorus generally prefers the extra power.

Checks & Counters
########
**Specially Defensive Steel-types**: Steel-types like Bronzong and Escavalier can easily shrug off any attack Aurorus throws at it and can retaliate with a 4x super effective move. Registeel can also take an Earth Power reasonably well and can potentially cripple it with Thunder Wave.

**Faster Attackers with a Super Effective Move**: While almost nothing offensively no offensive Pokemon can directly switch into a Hyper Voice, many Pokemon can capitalize on Aurorus's many weaknesses and low speed Speed without Rock Polish to revenge kill it, such as Cobalion, Magneton, Tyrantrum, and Mega Sceptile.

**Mach Punch Users**: Due to Aurorus's 4x weakness to Fighting-type moves, Mach Punch users such as Hitmonlee and Gurdurr can easily end its sweep.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Aurorus's power can punch large holes in most Pokemon, but even still, many specially bulky Pokemon can take a hit from Aurorus and cripple it in return. For example, Slowking with Assault Vest Slowking easily stomachs two Freeze-Drys isn't even 2HKOed by Freeze Dry and nails it can hit back with Scald, Calm Mind Cresselia can use it as setup fodder with Calm Mind, and Meloetta can comfortably survive a single Hyper Voice and put it in range of common priority. (What do you mean by this? Does one of Meloetta's attacks put Aurorus in range for priority? If so, which one(s)?) (<-and if you just mean all forms of priority say 'KO range')

**Passive Damage**: Aurorus's susceptibility to all forms of entry hazard and Life Orb recoil can quickly take a toll lets it get worn down easily.

Please read the Spelling and Grammar standards; even after the amcheck, it took me a long time to check this. You repeated a lot of sentences and many of them had to be reworded. Please try to improve on this next time.
LightningLuxray, you made a few unnecessary changes and missed some simple stuff, but the check was good
tehy, I didn't see your post until I finished I'm sorry.
1/2

Deletions
Additions / Corrections
Comments

Overview
########

Thanks to Aurorus having Aurorus's access to one of the best offensive STABs in the tier, Ice, and access to Refrigerate, which boosts its Normal-type moves to monstrous power, it can be make it a potent offensive threat. It has a niche over similar wallbreakers such as Dragalge and Exploud with its useful utility moves, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it is able to threaten nearly every Defog user with its Ice-type STAB moves, and it can even clean offensive teams thanks to its ability to outspeed the entire tier after a Rock Polish boost. However, Aurorus still possess an extremely horrible defensive typing, giving it to that gives it six common weaknesses, including 4x weaknesses ones to Steel and Fighting and a weakness to Stealth Rock. This, coupled with its low Speed before a Rock Polish boost, limits its ability to switch into attacks and set up. Finally, Steel-types such as Bronzong and Escavalier can easily counter Aurorus, meaning it needs team support to weaken these Pokemon before it can substantially threaten the opposing team.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves
========

Aurorus is a good user of Stealth Rock because it can utilize its immense offensive presence to keep it on the field. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's strongest STAB move due to it being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is able to hits Water-type Pokemon the hard, such as being able to 2HKO Alomomola. Finally, Earth Power rounds out coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire can be used over Earth Power to hit Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, both of which would otherwise have little to fear from Aurorus. Dark Pulse also hits Doublade hard, and Hidden Power Fire can still 2HKO both Doublade and Cobalion. However, Earth Power generally has the best consistency, being able to hit Houndoom as well as, although less common, Delphox and Registeel all with one move as in addition to Houndoom, it deals with the less common Delphox and Registeel as well.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs with a Life Orb are similarly used to hit as hard as possible. A Timid nature is usually preferred over a Modest nature because in order to outspeed Adamant Pangoro and Speed tie with Jolly Pangoro. Aurorus will also be able to outspeed Modest Exploud, which it checks. However, a Modest nature can be used for greater power; for example, Aurorus will then have a high chance to OHKO Cobalion and Doublade after a layer of Spikes.

Usage Tips
========

This set is best used on teams looking for an offensive Stealth Rock user that can directly threaten Defoggers, due to its powerful Ice-type STAB moves, while also being able to punch significant holes in the opposing team. Because of its offensive presence, Aurorus can force many switches, which it should use to set Stealth Rock. Try to bring Aurorus in on a Pokemon it can threaten, (remove comma) and wall. Such examples include Choice item users locked into an ineffective move, such as Meloetta, Exploud, Dragalge and Moltres, or slower defensive Pokemon such as Gligar, Golbat, and Aromatisse. Aurorus can also easily sponge hits from some offensively inclined Pokemon without a super effective move, such as Mega Pidgeot and Fletchinder. When possible, avoid switching Aurorus in on direct damage, as it is extremely vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil. After Stealth Rock has been used, the best move to spam is Hyper Voice, since it is immensely powerful and there are very few Pokemon that resist Ice and have reliable recovery. If your opponent has a defensive Steel-type such as Bronzong or Escavalier, it is very likely they will send it out to take a Hyper Voice, so predict accordingly.

Team Options
========

Aurorus loses one-fourth of its health whenever it switches into Stealth Rock, so entry hazard removers are essential. Gligar is a great partner because it can handle the Fighting-types that threaten Aurorus, and it can also use U-turn to bring Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use provide Rapid Spin support and threaten the Steel-types that Aurorus struggles with, while Skuntank can use Defog to remove hazards and Pursuit to weaken checks such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. In general, Pursuit users can help whittle down Aurorus's checks, most notably Bronzong. Houndoom can both threaten and use Pursuit on Pursuit-trap Escavalier, making it a good partner. Aurorus also works well with teammates that similarly dislike Steel-types, as it can weaken Steel-types for them. Examples include Choice Scarf Meloetta and Mega Sceptile. Pivots such as Eelektross and Gligar are able to get Aurorus in safely. The former also commonly attracts in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten.

Rock Polish
########

Moves
========
Rock Polish allow Aurorus to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the metagame after a boost. Hyper Voice is Aurorus's best Ice-type STAB move due to being boosted by Refrigerate. Freeze-Dry is super effective against Water-types like Alomomola, and Earth Power rounds out Aurorus's coverage by hitting Steel- and Fire-types such as Cobalion, Doublade, and Houndoom. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire are its strongest options against Bronzong and Escavalier, respectively, while also being able to do sizable damage to Doublade and Cobalion (Hidden Power Fire only in the case of Cobalion). However, both of these moves cannot KO Bronzong or Escavalier without significant prior damage, so Earth Power is recommended due to its overall consistency.

Set Details
========
252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Aurorus to outspeed Choice Scarf Moltres after a Rock Polish boost. Against defensive and slower teams, where Rock Polish is not as needed necessary, a Timid nature also ensures it can outspeed Pokemon such as Modest Exploud, allowing Aurorus to act as a good check to it, and Adamant Pangoro, which gives Aurorus the ability to consistently force it out allowing Aurorus to consistently check or force out these threats. 252 Special Attack EVs along with a Life Orb makes Aurorus hit as hard as possible, maximizing its chances of cleaning the opposing team.

Usage Tips
========
This is set is designed to make Aurorus sweep late-game; therefore, do not try to set up until its counters are weakened to the point where Aurorus can OHKO them, as Aurorus's many weaknesses often mean it cannot survive a hit back. Early-game, try and weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong and Escavalier, and maintain entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field. Try to set up on Pokemon that either cannot significantly damage Aurorus or that Aurorus can force out get forced out by it, such as Draglage (especially if it is locked into Sludge Bomb), Moltres locked into Hurricane, Fletchinder, Gligar, Golbat, Mega Pidgeot, Aromatisse, Meloetta locked into Hyper Voice, and Exploud locked into Boomburst. Keep in mind that Aurorus has above-average bulk, so it can survive most neutral hits in order to set up. Also, keep in mind that Aurorus needs slight prior damage to OHKO Pokemon such as Cobalion, Doublade, Pangoro, Rhyperior, and Moltres, to name a few. Against more defensive teams, Aurorus can be directly threatening without the use of Rock Polish, as it can outspeed most defensive Pokemon naturally and hit them hard by virtue of its power.

Team Options
========
Because Aurorus is weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard removers can maximize Aurorus's chances at of setting up a Rock Polish. Gligar is an effective partner due to its ability to switch into a lot of things that threaten Aurorus, especially Fighting-types, as well as being able to use U-turn to bring Aurorus in safely. Hitmonlee can use Rapid Spin while also threatening the Steel-types that check Aurorus. Pursuit trappers can help weaken Aurorus's counters such as Bronzong, Cresselia, and Slowking. Skuntank is a good user of Pursuit due to its ability to use access to Defog, while Houndoom can threaten Escavalier and use Pursuit on it as it switches out. A slow pivot, such as Gligar or Eelektross, helps to get Aurorus into the field safely. The latter can also attracts lure in and can pivot off of Dragalge, which Aurorus can threaten out and potentially set up on. Other attackers that can deal with Steel-types can help wear them down, such as Meloetta, Dragalge, Mega Sceptile, and Exploud. Dugtrio can weaken certain targets if necessary, such as Rhyperior. It can also utilize Memento to allow Aurorus to set up more easily.

Other Options
########

Using four attacks with a Life Orb can give Aurorus room to run coverage moves such as Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fire, allowing it to threaten Bronzong and Escavalier; however, Aurorus generally prefers the utility of either Stealth Rock or Rock Polish, both of which are important reasons as to why Aurorus should be used give it a niche over other wallbreakers like Dragalge or Exploud. Aurorus can also use Choice Specs to hit extremely hard, but this isn't preferred for to the same reasons. Assault Vest can be tempting when looking at Aurorus's good special bulk, but Aurorus is a horrible user of the item. It is very prone to being worn down by entry hazards; (semi-colon) has many common weaknesses; (semi-colon) and with an Assault Vest, it loses out on much-needed power and the ability to use crucial moves like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. Finally, Nature Power is an option over Hyper Voice that allows Aurorus to avoid Sucker Punch and has a decent chance of inflicting a status condition, but Aurorus generally prefers the extra power.

Checks & Counters
########
**Specially Defensive Steel-types**: Steel-types like Bronzong and Escavalier can easily shrug off any attack Aurorus throws at it, them and retaliate with a 4x super effective move. Registeel can also take an Earth Power reasonably well and can potentially cripple it with Thunder Wave.

**Faster Attackers with a Super Effective Move**: While almost no offensive Pokemon can directly switch into a Hyper Voice, many Pokemon can capitalize on Aurorus's many numerous weaknesses and low Speed to revenge kill it, such as Cobalion, Magneton, Tyrantrum, and Mega Sceptile.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Aurorus's power can punch large holes in most Pokemon, but many specially bulky Pokemon can take a hit from Aurorus and cripple it in return. For example, Assault Vest Slowking isn't even 2HKOed by Freeze Dry and can hit back with Scald, and Calm Mind Cresselia can use it Aurorus as setup fodder.

**Passive Damage**: Aurorus's susceptibility to all forms of entry hazard and Life Orb recoil lets it get worn down easily.

GP 2 / 2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)