Playstation Console Thread

I can't wait for the JRPGs to really start coming. Planning on picking up Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for my PS4. Considering getting Persona as well, although I've never played one. How's the gameplay and story in the series?

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Depends on which Persona you're asking about. Persona 3 and 4 are probably the highlights of the Persona series, so if you get a chance to get P3 FES and/or P4 Golden, you're pretty much covered.

Storywise, 4 is considered better than 3, but 3 has a darker theme. Also I love P3's soundtrack and I listen to it quite a bit.

Gameplaywise expect it to feel similar to any dungeon crawler with a simple yet easy to get a hang of battle system. The only part that you have to get used to is the names for all the spells.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Can't believe I waited this long to play Uncharted. Recently finished God Of War 3 (yes, I'm late to the AFTER party), on to another great Playstation exclusive. Don't know if I should get GOW: Ascension, heard it sucks.

I love how its basically the same art style as Persona spin-off Catherine.
The engine isn't the same, but I definitely remember reading that the persona team went into the development of Catherine with the intent of trying out ideas for P5's graphics engine.

Semi-Related: GOD DAMN those menus

I've been slightly disappointed with my PS4 so far, though I was basically expecting it coming in seeing as the console's only been out for a bit more than a year. Infamous SS was still fun but a disappointingly short and the only other thing I've bought was TLoU remastered, which was actually pretty good before the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really looking forward to Bloodborne since it's basically a new Souls game with Miyazaki back on board.

The engine isn't the same, but I definitely remember reading that the persona team went into the development of Catherine with the intent of trying out ideas for P5's graphics engine.
I completely forgot about that, which I guess makes sense given that Catherine was released way back in 2011.

anyways P5 looks great, eagerly awaiting more info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)