Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My opening hand when I play druid: Ancient of War, Sludge Belcher, Ancient of Lore
"hmm i need wild growths and innervates"
Throws them all back and gets: Ancient of War, Sludge Belcher, Ancient of Lore

i cry every time

Other cards were Antique Healbot, Boulderfist Ogre, Windfury Harpy, Guardian of Kings

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
to clarify: if you have two copies of a heavy card and mulligan one of them, hearthstone will make sure you immediately draw into the other one just to ruin your day.

also that draft is disgusting. double muster, double aldor, double truesilver, coghammer, double argent protector, shielded minibot, double violet teacher. fucking christ man.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
After all the bitching that has defined this thread since Naxx, I'm suprised people aren't jizzing their pants in glory over the Undertaker nerf.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
easiest 12 win hunter of my entire career

not pictured:
1x Spectral Knight
1x Spiteful Smith
2x Stormpike Commando
2x Savannah Highmane
1x Cairne Bloodhoof

also Black Rock Mountain out?

Haven't tried Hearthstone yet, but I still feel like doing so. Any advices or pros/cons why I should/shouldn't try it?

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
definitely try it, it owns. con is that it costs either a bit of money or a lot of time to get up to speed with all of classic cards, naxx, gvg, and black rock mountain coming out next month, but if you can push through that, it's a ton of fun. or you can get into arena, which doesn't require you to purchase anything.

definitely try it, it owns. con is that it costs either a bit of money or a lot of time to get up to speed with all of classic cards, naxx, gvg, and black rock mountain coming out next month, but if you can push through that, it's a ton of fun. or you can get into arena, which doesn't require you to purchase anything.
Is it a f2p/p2w game?

Is it a f2p/p2w game?
Depends who you ask. If you enjoy fast games, it shouldn't take long to build a coherent aggro deck, since the cheap, fast cards tend to be rather inexpensive. On the other hand, if you prefer slower games, it'll take some money and / or time if you want all the legendaries those decks tend to run.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
yea it's f2p/p2w if you want to play in the tournament scene where you'll need a variety of good decks in order to do well, but if you're just playing ladder and stuff, you can easily compete at the top levels with very cheap decks.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
My current deck uses only basics, because I'm to cheap to spend money on it and I rarely get to play :P Yet surprisingly, it's pretty good in low ladder.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Turns out hanging out in the rank teens still at the end of the month makes questing pretty easy, yo.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
bane of doom got buffed to spawning literally any demon, including Mal'Ganis, Doomguard, Pit Lord, Lord Jaraxxus, Voidcaller, and Illidan Stormrage. crafted two of them yesterday, and it's actually so good now. playing two in silentstorm's demonlock list over a coil and a voidwalker and having incredible results.

Voidcaller pic was actually on the Voidwalker card back in beta. Made more sense. Don't know why they switched it. :/

Hyped for BRM though. Another night of little to no sleep only to wake up late morning/early afternoon and find it's been available for hours :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)