ORAS PU Analysis Reservation Thread

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pikachu cosplay is in a gray area though. We're only giving analyses
without a question to mons that are fully evolved. Thing is, Pikachu cosplay can't evolve but it's an alternate form of a NFE. Can Dell or WhiteDMist give their opinions on this? I want to lean towards the second one because giving analyses to every single Pikachu forme sounds like a pain

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even if we have to eventually, shouldnt we be focused on high priority pokes? It just seems stupid having pikachu on site but not throh and carracosta

Pikachu cosplay is in a gray area though. We're only giving analyses
without a question to mons that are fully evolved. Thing is, Pikachu cosplay can't evolve but it's an alternate form of a NFE. Can Dell or WhiteDMist give their opinions on this? I want to lean towards the second one because giving analyses to every single Pikachu forme sounds like a pain
Considering how Pikachu is better than a lot of stuff we have in the tier but just outclassed and Cosplwy is just a Pikachu set I don't see why not if he can highlight the Pokemon's flaws in an objective manner.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey can I reserve Pikachu(-Belle)? lol
I have no problems if you want to write Pikachu, but you'd have to incorporate all the (viable) formes in the analysis. I'm not wasting manpower on an separate analysis for every viable forme. Pikachu in generally is just barely viable in PU (usable but outclassed is the most accurate description). It's not high priority, but go ahead and write it if you are willing to make it comprehensive.

Just a note, I won't oppose low priority mons being given analyses at this time; just don't expect the QC team to rush to check them, as we have several high priority mons that need checks first.

Reactions: g

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Can I reserve Golduck?

Also I would be very happy to do Yellow Jewish Man (Hypno) if that is allowed. It is C- rank, same as Masquerain which got an analysis. And I do feel it has some viable niches as a special wall- it resists focus blast unlike Licky, it has reliable recovery unlike Throh/Grumpig, it is not weak to electric/ice like Togetic, and it has insomnia.

Last edited:
Can I reserve Golduck?

Also I would be very happy to do Yellow Jewish Man (Hypno) if that is allowed. It is C- rank, same as Masquerain which got an analysis. And I do feel it has some viable niches as a special wall- it resists focus blast unlike Licky, it has reliable recovery unlike Throh/Grumpig, it is not weak to electric/ice like Togetic, and it has insomnia.
Go ahead with Golduck for now as it is in the reservation list! (The sets should probably be offensive Lo rain dance psychic hydro ice beam and calm mind)

The QC team will discuss Hypno briefly but you will probably be allowed to do it, just wait for WdM to give you the official permission n_n

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can I reserve Golduck?

Finish your Golduck WIP and then yes, yo can have Hypno.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Simipour set

btw anyone who wants to do scrappy stout might want to wait, as it might be unviable after suspect

Anty

let's drop
More free time :D
Taking raichu

E: i realised i have 4 already however all of them are in written up form :L (s/o to galbia and mag for stamping them all)

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll take Stoutland if I can, I've probably been using it the most. It's just one set to add to the main analysis, right? Also Gourgeist-XL

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll take Stoutland if I can, I've probably been using it the most. It's just one set to add to the main analysis, right? Also Gourgeist-XL
Actually I was reading through my analysis and it pretty much stresses not to use Stoutland outside of sand, since we are adding in a Scrappy set I think the entire thing needs a revamp. You can rip most of my skeleton from here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stoutland.3519247/ its at the bottom in hide tags and edit it accordingly so you don't have to start from scratch.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the skeleton n_n I could probably put this on sqsa but do you have to keep analyses updated to metagame changes? Like if something drops/rises/is discovered that affects the set.

Anty

let's drop
Honestly i dont think the old set needs a revamp. It is played the same way as how it used to be played, and if the overview should be updated we can just do it via SCMS, like we do when replacing banned mons as teammates and taking new sets out of oo in old analysis

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The set itself doesn't need an update, but everything else does. Its enough work outside of changing mentions of banned mons that it warrants a revamp. Its changing the majority of the analysis.

We might as well just update the overview and add the new set, everything else can be fixed with minor changes to the SCMS.

MZ

So I'm just writing up the scrappy set to add onto the analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)