Suicide Cup Doubles!

EV

Banned deucer.
Semantics. Adrian means they all must carry it in their set. And it's typeless, so technically nothing can learn it, but it's still required.

I get it, but it's still kind of confusing as, again, it never states that anywhere (I thought pokemon who couldn't learn it were banned)

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
If you're not sure, you can always just hop on the OM room on Showdown. Usually someone there has played this and can tell you about it if you're confused. (And I was confused about that rule at first too, so don't worry)

i haave an idea to choice scarf smething and disable it, then it struggles on the diabler, who will use recover, then when there's the strongest one leff with LO. it will slowly hurt my recoverer who will recover, until it's near death, then it will stop using recove rdie, and any hp left on the LOer will be wasted on the opponent's team.

It would be really great if someone could code this meta in their server.

Anyway..

i haave an idea to choice scarf smething and disable it, then it struggles on the diabler, who will use recover, then when there's the strongest one leff with LO. it will slowly hurt my recoverer who will recover, until it's near death, then it will stop using recove rdie, and any hp left on the LOer will be wasted on the opponent's team.
Don't really know what you mean, but strategies that abuse Disable lose against Follow Me, and sometimes Taunt.

Could just use Pokémon with the lowest base HP and keep using Dragon Rage on your other Pokémon, who are all holding Toxic Orbs.

Those Pokémon, base HP and min HP at level 100 (no EVs or IVs):

(Shedinja banned)
Diglett - 10 - 130
Shuckle - 20 - 150
Feebas - 20 - 150
Mime Jr. - 20 - 150
Pichu - 20 - 150
Duskull - 20 - 150
(Magikarp, also 20 base, can only learn 3 moves)

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
One strategy that I tried (and failed) involving struggle was belly drum linoone with choice band. Use belly drum, and on the same turn have your other poke disable it. Then sweep your own team.

Could just use Pokémon with the lowest base HP and keep using Dragon Rage on your other Pokémon, who are all holding Toxic Orbs.

Those Pokémon, base HP and min HP at level 100 (no EVs or IVs):

(Shedinja banned)
Diglett - 10 - 130
Shuckle - 20 - 150
Feebas - 20 - 150
Mime Jr. - 20 - 150
Pichu - 20 - 150
Duskull - 20 - 150
(Magikarp, also 20 base, can only learn 3 moves)
Swich one of those for a mega-kangaskhan and you're golden.

Deoxys-Attack @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def
- Magic Coat
- Swagger
- Taunt
- Dragon Rage

Rampardos @ Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Hasty Nature
- Swagger
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Dragon Rage

A pair of attackers that are more than capable of OHKOing themselves with confusion damage, if my calculations are correct. Their movesets are filled out with the most appropriate moves to the task at hand, really -- Swagger and Dragon Rage are mandatory, Magic Coat to reflect back opposing Taunts, Taunt to stop opposing setup, Whirlwind to reset opposing Toxic damage, and Toxic to hasten your partner's decline (since it's not carrying Toxic Orb). Mental Herbs give you a turn of setup. Ideally, though, these two will be KOed before they can do much. There's probably other things that can KO themselves that are faster than Rampardos, but the idea stays.

Thundurus @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Taunt
- Dragon Rage

Prevents opposing status orbs from activating and might make the opponent waste a turn or two, and doesn't terribly mind having a Thunder Wave thrown back at it. Also, if one of the above two manages to get KOed before it can Swagger the other, Thundurus can pretty reliably ensure its Swagger activation.

Also, I'm not gonna bother to post a set, but Mega Mom's Dragon Rage + Belly Drum + Black Sludge is an OHKO on minimum HP Zigzagoon. If it gets taunted, another Dragon Rage will still finish it off.

EDIT: Any thoughts on Magic Room? If you run a strategy that isn't reliant on Sludge/Orbs (though I would suggest still running those, obviously), you can slap it on Klefki or Gothita or Mega Banette to screw up opponents whose primary method of self-inflicting is with their items. In a similar vein, Skill Swap + Poison Heal could be pretty funny, but it takes two turns and two Pokemon to set up -- there are probably faster ways to neuter Toxic Orbs.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Magic room is banned, and I assumed swagger was too, but apparently not
Swagger probably won't be banned despite it giving the opponent a +2 boost in attack, as hitting yourself in confusion is more likely an advantage than not (especially with said boost)

i meant more you can swagger yourself and win by luck, exactly like what it does everywhere it was banned, only now swagger doesn't make the opponent lose quicker if you're unlucky since dragon rage doesn't depend on attack, so there's literally no reason not to run it on every set.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to make dragon rage typeless? I mean, if you choose to put a fairy on your team, you would be immune to dragon rage and thus less likely to die, which is a bad thing for obvious reasons. They are putting themselves at a severe disadvantage if they choose to use a fairy type on their team, much in the same way as someone bringing Weedle to an OU team.

So it only seems logical to leave dragon rage the way it is.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to make dragon rage typeless? I mean, if you choose to put a fairy on your team, you would be immune to dragon rage and thus less likely to die, which is a bad thing for obvious reasons. They are putting themselves at a severe disadvantage if they choose to use a fairy type on their team, much in the same way as someone bringing Weedle to an OU team.

So it only seems logical to leave dragon rage the way it is.
Probably to make fairies more viable, as it's the only attack allowed. Also stops you Dragon Raging the opponent's Fairies when your last 'mon is taunted, just to do no damage.

Lapras@Lum Berry/Mental Herb
0 IVs in everything but attack
252 Spe / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
-Perish Song
-Roar
-Dragon Rage
-Protect

Allows you and your teammate to die in three turns. Roar keeps the opponent from reaping the benefits while Protect helps you stay in battle. Pair it up with a Suction Cups user to make it easier to tick through. The two items can stave off moves that prevent Perish Song - Lum Berry is recommended as it screws up the poison of item stealers, although Mental Herb does block Taunt.

i meant more you can swagger yourself and win by luck, exactly like what it does everywhere it was banned, only now swagger doesn't make the opponent lose quicker if you're unlucky since dragon rage doesn't depend on attack, so there's literally no reason not to run it on every set.
Swagger has numerous issues in SCD. It's predictable, it can be taunted, it's affected by Follow Me, and as you said, it's completely luck-based. It's too gimmicky to suspect it in my opinion. I guess I'll have to test it.

Probably to make fairies more viable, as it's the only attack allowed. Also stops you Dragon Raging the opponent's Fairies when your last 'mon is taunted, just to do no damage.
Correct. In fact, the reason why I made SCD in the first place was because I was tired of the fact that Pokemon were often unable to kill themselves in the normal Suicide Cup.

It's already been brought up, but yeah, Skill Swap Xatu + Fast SRer + 4 quad-SR-weak mons can wrap things up very easily. In addition, Xatu can't be taunted too.

Otherwise, I think Magic Bouncers in general are very good since they avoid Taunt and Phazing altogether.

Edit: Never mind. Derped a bit there about Attacking moves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)