Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool core bro! Maybe adding toxic over earthquake on tyrantrum would help it break thru bulky grounds, eq doesn't give very good coverage anyway.
Toxic or almost any status move wouldn't have much of a use on a Banded pokemon, especially Tyrantrum. Besides, EQ gives you EdgeQuake coverage, which is always a plus.

If you want to hit ground types, Ice Fang is a better option on the Dino even without Strong Jaw (although Outrage will still hit harder unless the Ice Fang is 4x supereffective, I think). However, you could slash Ice Beam with Flamethrower on Slowbro to deal with ground types (and some dragons) as well (or just use Scald on ground types). Having a way to beat ground and electric types would be useful too on that core, as neither type is affected by Thunder Wave. Slowbro can threaten ground types. Electric types, not so much.

Toxic or almost any status move wouldn't have much of a use on a Banded pokemon, especially Tyrantrum. Besides, EQ gives you EdgeQuake coverage, which is always a plus.

If you want to hit ground types, Ice Fang is a better option on the Dino even without Strong Jaw (although Outrage will still hit harder unless the Ice Fang is 4x supereffective, I think). However, you could slash Ice Beam with Flamethrower on Slowbro to deal with ground types (and some dragons) as well (or just use Scald on ground types). Having a way to beat ground and electric types would be useful too on that core, as neither type is affected by Thunder Wave. Slowbro can threaten ground types. Electric types, not so much.
Actually, Toxic is useful on tyrantrum, because it's its only way to break past, say, Hippowdon or Chesnaught. It is also useful on mons like Scarf Keldeo when it's used in a balance team, to slowly wear down checks until the choiced pokemon can clean up later.

Actually, Toxic is useful on tyrantrum, because it's its only way to break past, say, Hippowdon or Chesnaught. It is also useful on mons like Scarf Keldeo when it's used in a balance team, to slowly wear down checks until the choiced pokemon can clean up later.
Well I guess it could see use if you're willing to give up a coverage move. Although I don't think Tyrantrum loses too much from not running Earthquake (Superpower can demolish both Heatran and Ferrothorn right?). So yeah, I guess Toxic does work in those situations.

Yeah now I get it. Thanks.

Hold up, am I the only one who thinks putting Toxic on ANYTHING with a Choice item is an incredibly bad idea? It strikes me as a complete momentum killer. For Tyrantrum in particular, EQ from Hippowdon is a 2HKO as well as Chesnaught's Hammer Arm, so I don't know why you'd choose to Toxic them of all things. At that point, aren't you better off just running another Wall breaker? I was under the impression that Toxic stalling was for things with recovery and bulk, both of which Tyrantrum lacks.

Hold up, am I the only one who thinks putting Toxic on ANYTHING with a Choice item is an incredibly bad idea? It strikes me as a complete momentum killer. For Tyrantrum in particular, EQ from Hippowdon is a 2HKO as well as Chesnaught's Hammer Arm, so I don't know why you'd choose to Toxic them of all things. At that point, aren't you better off just running another Wall breaker? I was under the impression that Toxic stalling was for things with recovery and bulk, both of which Tyrantrum lacks.
Hello? Toxic is a good option for tyrantrum's last moveslot, head smash dragon claw and superpower cover almost everything it needs. The point of toxic is predicting a bulky ground or chesnaught on the switch, then calling back ur tyrantrum. After toxic + hazards, it will be harder for them to switch in. My boi croven actually wrote about toxic on tyrantrum in his post: "Toxic on TTrum is for Hippowdon and Quagsire, as those are probably the only 2 mons that can wall both Zard X and TTrum. Toxic'ing them is great to whittle them down for Zard later in the match"

youre not really stalling, its just something to catch things on the switch and switch out. like, if they switch in their chesnaught you can toxic it so your team can have an easier time doing this. its not really a great option, and is really reliant on prediction, but its an option that shouldnt be ignored. iirc, dont people run toxic on scarfchomp too?

edit: ninjad :(

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hm ok let me address this real quick.

Toxic on Banded pokemon is mostly for lure purposes. It isn't by any means fantastic but a good example outside of the current discussion would be Band Heracross using Toxic for Lando-T switch ins, which will happen a lot btw.
iirc, dont people run toxic on scarfchomp too?
This is where its bad because Garchomp, Scarf variant, necessitates all the offensive options it has available to maximize on its effectiveness is there, so outrage / eq / coverage , secondary dragon stab.

I personally don't like using Toxic on choice Pokemon however there are some situations where it can warrant usage on select teams in regards to getting the one up for that one turn on the opposing team. So there's my two cents on the discussion.

Now that Feraligatr's HA is finally released I've got a chance tu build a team around it. This is the main core and it's formed by Feraligatr, Ferrothorn and MegaCharizard-X and let me say it's pretty funny to use. This FWG core has a setter but it lacks a spinner/defogger so keep it in mind while building!

Feraligatr:

The Pokèmon> Decent bulk allows it to set up a Dragon Dance, with a Jolly nature and 224EVs in Speed it can outspeed 135 positive nature Pokèmons like MegaLopunny etc. Unfortunately its ability isn't really that helpful apart Waterfall that gets a really nice boost. Plus its coverage isn't that good mainly 'cause one slot is for Dragon Dance, another one is for Waterfall and the last two are for Superpower (In order to do heavy damages to Ferrothorn) and Aqua Jet / Ice Punch. Aqua Jet is a nice priority which lets you less exposed to revenge killer like Talonflame while Ice Punch increase its coverage letting it to hit Pokèmons like Bulky Grass types and Dragon types which otherwise will easily check / counter you.

The Moves>

• Dragon Dance: Preferred to Swords Dance just because it boost both the Attack and the Speed making Feraligatr a bit more threatening.
  • Waterfall: Main STAB move. It gets boosted by Sheer Force increasing its power.
  • Aqua Jet: Nice priority, there's nothing much to say about it.
  • Superpower: Does heavy damages to Ferrothorn even without the Life Orb. Plus it hits Keldeo for good damages 'cause it will be tempted to enter on it 'cause it's a water type and Feraligatr has some troubles with them.
EVs Spread> It's a really simple EVs spread. Max Atk is pretty obvious. 224EVs in Speed and a Jolly Nature let it outspeed 135 base Pokèmons at +1. 32EVs in HP for """bulk""" plus it gets one extra HP per turn if it has the Leftovers.

Ferrothorn:

The Pokèmon> It's a simple Ferrothorn, nothing much to say. It's main job is to take Draco Meteors from the Latwins and basically everything that isn't a Fire move. It has an amazing bulk but it has to do many things so another Pokèmon that can help him taking hits is very appreciated in order to keep it healthy. I suggest to give to it a Shed Shell in order to don't get trapped by the likes of Magnezone. Luckily there's MegaCharizard-X that can be a good Knock Off absorber but you should always be careful.

The Moves>
  • Stealth Rock: Indispensable Entry Hazard. Stealth Rocks transforms 2HKOs in OHKOs and 3HKOs in 2HKOs.
  • Protect: Another utility move. It lets you scout and stall with Leech Seeds.
  • Leech Seed: Basically they are its only way to recover some health. Just spread them on your opponent Pokèmons.
  • Power Whip: Preferred to Gyro Ball 'cause this core has problems with Bulky Water types.
EVs Spread> Nothing much to say here. It's the standard EVs spread for Ferrothorn in OU.

MegaCharizard-X:

The Pokèmon> Good bulk, reliable recovery and really nice typing. It's easy to get why this thing is a beast and a fantastic teammate for Feraligatr and Ferrothorn. Basically MegaManectric and Azumarill demolish Ferrothorn + Feraligatr and that's why I putted it with them. It's the second dragon dancer of the core because it would have been a waste not using it as a Dragon Dance user. Keep in mind that this beast beats MegaScizor that otherwise would counter Fera+Thorn. Oh, almost forgot Rotom-W. It can't do really much against MegaCharizard-X. This thing also helps Ferrothorn 'cause it's a Knock Off absorber.

The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: How to sweep. Good bulk and Roost turn it into a behemoth. Don't fuck with ZardX or you'll get Flare Blitz'd
  • Roost: Reliable recovery that maximize its staying power.
  • Dragon Claw: As simple as devastating.
  • Flare Blitz: Really needed Fire move. Hits like a nuke butttt you already know it, I hope.
EVs Spread> 140EVs in Speed and Jolly nature let it outspeed 135 base Speed Pokèmons at +1. 248EVs in HP increase its bulk. The remaining 120EVs are for the Atk.

ETT

Feraligatorade (Feraligatr) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
[\hide]

So here's a cool balance core I've taken a liking to
+

So when Tyrantrum's dream world ability came out and everyone was like "omg its so good recoil-less head smash so strong" and I just thought it was all hype. Then, I used it. It's really good. Like, a really solid mon. Great attack, high BP moves, great coverage, decent physical bulk, and it's speed actually isnt that big of a deal? It has a great damage output, but its main problem is its speed. I was noticing that Slowbro has great typing synergy with Tyrantrum, and is able to beat a lot of its common checks, like landog, jirachi, excadrill, most rain attackers (cant calc stuff rn but i doubt kingdra can ohko it), while also spreading paralysis so tyrantrum has an easier time against faster mons. I prefer running regular slowbro in this situation, as I think that thunder wave is a wave of a moveslot on Megabro, and regen is really nice for switching out a lot. A good pair for this core is a heal bell user, like unaware Clefable or Celebi, because Slowbro really dislikes toxic and tyrantrum is crippled by burns. SD talonflame is a cool partner too, as Tyrantrum can weaken down its checks like defensive Landog and stuff like that. I prefer to run flamethrower on slowbro when using this core to catch ferrothorns and Scizors that are really obnoxious to this core, but ice beam is a good option too for hitting dragons.
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake/Toxic
- Superpower

Get the sprites from http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/
and just drag them through the tabs
you kinda need psyshock lest you be destroyed by sub cm keldeo. add heatran onto this core or something. that would be a nice core.

Now that Feraligatr's HA is finally released I've got a chance tu build a team around it. This is the main core and it's formed by Feraligatr, Ferrothorn and MegaCharizard-X and let me say it's pretty funny to use. This FWG core has a setter but it lacks a spinner/defogger so keep it in mind while building!
Feraligatr:

The Pokèmon> Decent bulk allows it to set up a Dragon Dance, with a Jolly nature and 224EVs in Speed it can outspeed 135 positive nature Pokèmons like MegaLopunny etc. Unfortunately its ability isn't really that helpful apart Waterfall that gets a really nice boost. Plus its coverage isn't that good mainly 'cause one slot is for Dragon Dance, another one is for Waterfall and the last two are for Superpower (In order to do heavy damages to Ferrothorn) and Aqua Jet / Ice Punch. Aqua Jet is a nice priority which lets you less exposed to revenge killer like Talonflame while Ice Punch increase its coverage letting it to hit Pokèmons like Bulky Grass types and Dragon types which otherwise will easily check / counter you.
The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: Preferred to Swords Dance just because it boost both the Attack and the Speed making Feraligatr a bit more threatening.
  • Waterfall: Main STAB move. It gets boosted by Sheer Force increasing its power.
  • Aqua Jet: Nice priority, there's nothing much to say about it.
  • Superpower: Does heavy damages to Ferrothorn even without the Life Orb. Plus it hits Keldeo for good damages 'cause it will be tempted to enter on it 'cause it's a water type and Feraligatr has some troubles with them.
EVs Spread> It's a really simple EVs spread. Max Atk is pretty obvious. 224EVs in Speed and a Jolly Nature let it outspeed 135 base Pokèmons at +1. 32EVs in HP for """bulk""" plus it gets one extra HP per turn if it has the Leftovers.

Ferrothorn:

The Pokèmon> It's a simple Ferrothorn, nothing much to say. It's main job is to take Draco Meteors from the Latwins and basically everything that isn't a Fire move. It has an amazing bulk but it has to do many things so another Pokèmon that can help him taking hits is very appreciated in order to keep it healthy. I suggest to give to it a Shed Shell in order to don't get trapped by the likes of Magnezone. Luckily there's MegaCharizard-X that can be a good Knock Off absorber but you should always be careful.

The Moves>
  • Stealth Rock: Indispensable Entry Hazard. Stealth Rocks transforms 2HKOs in OHKOs and 3HKOs in 2HKOs.
  • Protect: Another utility move. It lets you scout and stall with Leech Seeds.
  • Leech Seed: Basically they are its only way to recover some health. Just spread them on your opponent Pokèmons.
  • Power Whip: Preferred to Gyro Ball 'cause this core has problems with Bulky Water types.
EVs Spread> Nothing much to say here. It's the standard EVs spread for Ferrothorn in OU.

MegaCharizard-X:

The Pokèmon> Good bulk, reliable recovery and really nice typing. It's easy to get why this thing is a beast and a fantastic teammate for Feraligatr and Ferrothorn. Basically MegaManectric and Azumarill demolish Ferrothorn + Feraligatr and that's why I putted it with them. It's the second dragon dancer of the core because it would have been a waste not using it as a Dragon Dance user. Keep in mind that this beast beats MegaScizor that otherwise would counter Fera+Thorn. Oh, almost forgot Rotom-W. It can't do really much against MegaCharizard-X. This thing also helps Ferrothorn 'cause it's a Knock Off absorber.

The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: How to sweep. Good bulk and Roost turn it into a behemoth. Don't fuck with ZardX or you'll get Flare Blitz'd
  • Roost: Reliable recovery that maximize its staying power.
  • Dragon Claw: As simple as devastating.
  • Flare Blitz: Really needed Fire move. Hits like a nuke butttt you already know it, I hope.
EVs Spread> 140EVs in Speed and Jolly nature let it outspeed 135 base Speed Pokèmons at +1. 248EVs in HP increase its bulk. The remaining 120EVs are for the Atk.

ETT

Feraligatorade (Feraligatr) @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
[\hide]
Nice core with the use of feraligatr, but you might want to pack a fighting resist with this core, so specs keldeo doesn't run through it. Maybe latias would be a good addition, it resists keldeo and gives defog support for zardx.

Nice core with the use of feraligatr, but you might want to pack a fighting resist with this core, so specs keldeo doesn't run through it. Maybe latias would be a good addition, it resists keldeo and gives defog support for zardx.
Cores can only have 3 'mon at most. It would be a good idea to mention in threats.

I like this thread.
View attachment 37103 View attachment 37105 View attachment 37104
Offensive Core: Mega Diancie + Hydreigon + Thundurus

Sets:
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power/Hidden Power Fire/Psychic

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature or Rash
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower/Fire Blast/Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

This is a successful core I've been trying out lately, and the best the part about is that the core can adapt to what its said team. If your weak to scizor then run fire blast on hydreigon. If your hearten weak run earth power on diancie. Its a very versatile set of pokemon that can get the job done well.

The diancie set is very standard, with standard Evs and a relatively basic move set. The goal is, once scizor and azumarill are removed, set up a rock polish and go to town. Offensive teams find diancie very difficult to deal with if they lack super effective priority and if diancie is at +2 speed. Moon blast and Dimond storm arestajndard stab moves, hitting lots of notable threats hard, such as mega sableye, mega altaria, mega gyarados, mega charizard, talonflame and thundurus. The last slot is up to personal preference. If heatran and metegross are worrying, run earth power. If you are intimidated by ferrothorn and scissors run hp fire. Finally, if mega venusaur and amoongus threaten the team, then psychic is an excellent choice.

The hydreigon set is also pretty standard, but just as adaptable. Draco and dark pulse are hard hitting stab moves that hit everything except fairies (and lucario, bisharp and cobalion which are all delt with by hydreigon's coverage. Super Power nails chansey and mega gyarados, fire blast nails ferrothorn and scizor, while earth power digs a grave for diancie and heatran.

Thunderus is used to slow down fast threats, such as choice scarf keldeo, mega loppuny, the eon twins and stop sweepers. Knock off is run for getting rid of chanseys evolite. Thunderbolt and hp ice are used to hit threats such as keldeo and gliscor respectively. Unfortunately, thunderous will more often then not end up sacking itself to nullify a threat or stop a dangerous sweep, however, this has been its role for a while.

I don't have much time, so I'll add more tomorrow if required, but be wary of hearten, ferrothorn, bisharp, scarf keldeo and scizor. Hazard support is nice, to soften up bulky mons, and since diancie is a pretty unreliable hazard blocker, a defogger or spinner is very useful.
What is the significance to the EVs on your Diancie set? I am actually running almost the exact same one, but I'm just curious about the attack, mostly. Is there a specific reason for that number?

Also, id like to point out that with RP Diancie, it's usually beneficial not to mega evolve immediately. This allows you to maintain base Diancie's greater bulk, while mitigating the low speed upon mega evolving. Also, I'd definitely go with 180 EVs in speed. It allows Diancie (base) to beat base 115s like raikou on the turn that you mega evolve at +2. At 176 you tie, which is not preferable at all. The extra 4 in speed is almost always better than anything else.

Actually my Team has got Latias ^^
Maybe I'll post it in RMT

What is the significance to the EVs on your Diancie set? I am actually running almost the exact same one, but I'm just curious about the attack, mostly. Is there a specific reason for that number?

Also, id like to point out that with RP Diancie, it's usually beneficial not to mega evolve immediately. This allows you to maintain base Diancie's greater bulk, while mitigating the low speed upon mega evolving. Also, I'd definitely go with 180 EVs in speed. It allows Diancie (base) to beat base 115s like raikou on the turn that you mega evolve at +2. At 176 you tie, which is not preferable at all. The extra 4 in speed is almost always better than anything else.
16 atk is to OHKO zapdos, leftovers put in HP. IIRC 188 speed can be run for jolly exca in sand after RP

16 attack also gaurantees a OHKO on offensive charizard X, which none of diancies other moves can achieve.

+
+

I was looking through my teams and i found azumarill and jirachi paired up with each other. This core synergies really well. Scarf garchomp takes care things like shadow ball raikou and bisharp with out having azumarill having to take extra damage with iron head trying to superpower. The reason i scarfed garchomp instead of scarf jirachi is because things like HP ice/shadow ball/thunder bolt raikou are a big threat as they can hit everything with super effective damage. It also takes care of things like scarf magnetzone which can trap jirachi and kill azumarill. It has to run fire blast as ferrothorn walls this team. Azumarill needs an assault vest to be a better pivot to things like keldeo which can take on my team once set up and eq from garchomp does a little bit over half. You could also choice band which has a chance to kill gliscor which is trouble for this core. A pokemon that is really good for this core is mega-lopunny. Jirachi offers support from the fairys, flying, and psychic types which cause trouble for mega-lopunny. Other options are knock off on azumarill for the psychic types. Iron head on garchomp to fill some fairys which works really well with lopunny. you could run thunder wave jirachi with banded azumarill as it can come in after t-wave to bop the checks to rachi.

Garchomp@ choice scarf
ability: rough skin
EVS: 252 Atk./4 Spa./252 spe
Jolly Nature
- earthquake
- Dragon claw
- Fire blast
- Stone edge/Iron head

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic / Thunder wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Last edited:
+
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
Yeah. This is one of those cores that I have been trying out because it not only works well in this meta, but it is also really fun to use now. Houndoom is your standard wall breaker that wants to dish out as much hits as it can while being able to simultaneously break stall. Taunt + NP is a really good way to do so and it's insanely good offensive typing and speed allows it to work really well in the current metagame. Toxicroak on the other hand, is another interesting pick because it is able to take on the rise of fairies really well. Not only that, but it also has the niche of switching in on SubCM Keld and other bulky water types, turning them into set up fodder (except for the stray burns). Wisp doesn't become an issue when you have non-mega doom to absorb it. Overall, it's a fun pick for this meta.
Nice core, I would add rotom-W to your description as it has super good synergy with you core and takes care of flying types like talonflame and scarf landorus which can destroy your core. I would also slash destiny bond on taunt just because of how viable it is.

It's my hundredth post! That's hella chill!
SO let me do something special and post some cores I like!

Here's a Lopunny+Landorus offensive core that I've used a lot over the course of ORAS.

+

I've always wanted to use Sub+Encore Lopunny, but I've always missed its ability to be outstanding against offense. It's still good against it, but it mainly focuses on hurting stall/balance now. Then, I realized that Lando-I totally demolishes offense after a rock polish boost, while also having good offensive synergy by being able to beat a lot of common stall mons and handle offensive mons pretty well. I personally love running this core with spikestack, as both of these pokemon form a lot of offensive pressure on the opposing team, and force a lot of switches. HP ice is preferred on Lando, so it can beat gliscor, landog, and other lando-i, giving lopunny an easier time, especially the former two are on balance, which is what this lopunny does best against. Klefki is a great partner, as its basically a panic button to anything this core can't handle, like a charizard-x that got to set up a dd, while also being able to 2hko thundurus after LO recoil, while Thundurus only has a 9.4% chance to 2hko if youre running spdef (which you should). This core can cause some major problems for unprepared teams, and I think it's worth giving a shot.

12:51 (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Encore
reptilia (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Here's another offensive core that's been pretty effective for me when I've used it!
+
+

This core revolves around keeping up offensive pressure and Klefki using spikes and status to weaken Kyube's checks, with bisharp encouraging against defog and helping weaken Kyube's checks. While Kyube isn't the fastest wallbreaker right now, it's very effective in that it doesn't really have counters? Kind of reminds me of BW Hydreigon. After 3 layers of spikes, Kyurem can 2hko Ferrothorn without having to use HP fire! Bisharp is a great partner, as it discourages defog to keep your hazards around on the field for as long as you can. Bisharps 4th moveslot is preferred to be Swords dance, as it increases its wallbreaking potential, softening things up for Kyurem to shine. It's also able to beat Jirachi for Kyurem, whereas Kyurem can weaken Rotom-W for bisharp, while all three members work on weakening Keldeo. Rapid spin support is a must for this core, as Kyurem really would like to be at the most health it can be at due to its bad defensive typing. Starmie is recommended, as it has good typing synergy with these mons. A ground resist is also needed, as bisharp+keys are both weak to it.

10 bands (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

6 man (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

you & the 6 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Nice core, I would add rotom-W to your description as it has super good synergy with you core and takes care of flying types like talonflame and scarf landorus which can destroy your core. I would also slash destiny bond on taunt just because of how viable it is.
Nah. Taunt lets Doom be a more effective stallbreaker, which is its main role. This way, Chansey can't recover up on it, letting Houndoom come out on top. Destiny bond is more situational imo

Have a good day! *little party streamers to celebrate 100 posts*

Last edited:
This should never happen. MDoom vs Chansey is always a losing scenario for MDoom because it's a 4HKO (assuming you hit 301 HP and have 4 def to live BB from TFlame) on Doom by Chansey and only at +6 will Fire Blast [let me emphasize that this is only on fire blast and we all know fire blast is a bitch] be a 2hko. But by then your doom would be dead since 4 turns would've past (assuming best scenario for chansey user which is stoss on the taunt and repeated spamming since taunt is p obv). Chansey should always be either weakened or broken down by another member (aka toxicroak in the core).
No, Mega-Houndoom taunts Chansey in the switch and Chansey is a setup-fooder for a physical sweeper.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna bring you guys a Balanced Heatran+Lando core that I've be been using a lot recently.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 208 HP / 232 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power / Toxic
- Taunt / Roar

This is a standard spdef tran set. The EVs are too outspeeed Mega Venu and Crocune while maintaining a ton of bulk. IVs are to limit foul play and confusion shenanigans. Rocks are basically mandatory on every team these days. Lava Plume is a decent STAB attack that can cripple the attackers that attack on the end of the spectrum that this set isn't invested in. Flash cannon is a nice STAB move that can help check Diancie (before MEVO or on switch) and Clefable fairly well. Earth power is an alternative option that hits some threats like zardx and other trans harder, but I feel like flash cannon is better because the other memeber of this core has STAB earthquake. Roar can be used if you prefer to use Heatran as a phaser, but taunt is the Serperior option. (hehe) Many people in the OU room told me to add in toxic so that Heatran can wear down defensive threats and such, so thank you for that suggestion.

Alternate Sets:
Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 12 SpD / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power
- Taunt

This is a more offensive set that can beat some threats that the other set does not as well such as stallbreaker mew and such. This set doesn't deal with some threats like suicune as well and is a lot easier to wear down, but it has more firepower. The air balloon allows Heatran to stay in on threats like Lando-T and Excadrill, but you have to be careful that the balloon is not popped. I believe the EVs are to outspeed jolly bisharp as well as a few other things. 12 special defense EVs allow tran to take on some threats that the other set does better instead of just dumping into HP.
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature / Hasty Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon / HP Ice
- Earth Power / Flamethrower
- Ancient Power / Stone Edge

If you want a faster Heatran set that can revenge kill some mons or you want to use stealth rock lando, you should go for the scarftran set. Remember that you shouldn't use this set if Lando is scarfed. This set allows heatran to revenge kill some mons fairly well. If I were to use this set, then I would probably use Fire Blast/Flash Cannon/Earth Power/Stone Edge, but the moves you choose are based on personal preference and the needs of the team. Overheat is an option to nuke shit if you don't mind switching out a lot, but that isn't really a big worry since you'll have to switch out being locked into your moves a lot anyways. Stone Edge and Ancient Power are just there to help calm down birdspam and Stone Edge is generally better as it does a little bit more damage than invested ancientpower i think, but it is the less reliable option. HP ice is for beating adamant 232 scarf lando, Lando-I, and random Gliscors, but you have to confirm that that Scarf Lando's speed tier is 232 adamant with another mon if you want to try using HP Ice on it, so I don't find it worth the effort. Flamethrower is a useful move if you want to use overheat but want a more reliable option if you don't need the extra power.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The EVs allow me to outspeed +1 zardx and everything slower than that. It also lets me keep an odd HP number while adding a tad bit of bulk as well as maximum power. Edgequake coverage is awesome and makes it a great offensive threat, but be careful of locking yourself into a ground move as it can make lando set-up fodder. U-turn is a great move that allows lando to pivot offensively and defensively and basically has no cost to click unless the opponent has an iron barbs/rough skin mon. knock off can cripple eviolite mons like chansey and generally knock away a useful item from a good mon. Lando is also an amazing check to physical attackers bar a few because of its intimidate ability and generally good physical bulk.
Alternate Set:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Stone Edge

Before i go over this set, I want to say that this set should only be used if you decided to use scarftran. This is an alternative option for a Stealth Rocker if you don't want to use rocking Heatran. 248 HP and 240 Defense EVs in are mainly for Handling Excadrill and Birdspam. 8 Speed outspeeds modest Magnezone while still having a slow u-turn. 16 Special Defense EVs are for preventing Mega Manectric from OHKOing with HP Ice. 248 HP limits residual damage for Lando. If outspeeding Bisharp and Jolly Tyranitar is necessary for the team, then have 104 speed EVs to complete this task. Knock Off vs Stone Edge depends on what the team needs and are interchangeable coverage moves. Rocks are manditory for basically every team, and this core should always contain a rocker, EQ is a standard STAB move, and U-turn is a great pivot move.

Overview of the Core:

This is a balanced core that is supposed to set up rocks and has two mons that compliment each other very well. Heatran can 4x resist the Ice Moves that Lando Hates and Lando is immune to the ground moves that Heatran hates. This core does have a problem with water types, but that's what the other 4 members of the team are for. This core also is a bulky core that can completely shut down birdspam and volturn teams if used correctly. This core always contains a rock setter with a scarfer that forces the opponent to switch out and take damage from rocks. The two sets that I showed are of course the preferred sets, but they can be adjusted to the alternative ones if those fit your team better. Lando-T can weaken up the specially bulky threats that Heatran hates, and it can knock eviolite off on Chansey so that Heatran has a chance of taking it down and Heatran can do the same for lando bar knocking off items.

Team Member Options:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Recover

This Celebi set has been suggested by several people, so I will put it as the primary option for my Celebi set. 108 speed EVs are to outspeed bisharp and BP to a team mate. The rest of the EVs are dumped into bulk to make Celebi take hits better. Subsitute allows Celebi to dodge status and prevent dtail phasing as well as stat lowering by opponents through memento and intimidate. Recover helps Celebi stay healthy throughout the match alongside leftovers. Nasty Plot is a boosting move that can be passed onto strong specially attacking teammates such as Heatran, who is a member of this core.

Alternate Sets:
Celebi @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 180 HP / 40 SpA / 180 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

This is an excellent Celebi set that goes really well with the core. Both members of the team can resist the bug moves that Celebi hates and Heatran formes the classic Celetran core with Celebi, taking on the water types that the core hates. Celebi can baton pass nasty plots to Heatran and can surprise opposing Heatran, Bisharp, and other ground-weak mons with Earth Power. 108 speed allows Celebi to outspeed Bisharp and avoid pursuit by Baton Passing out before it can do anything. the other EVs are to keep Celebi Bulky while still some power. Giga Drain Helps with keeping Celebi Healthy throughout the game. Nasty plot allows Celebi to damage the opposing team or pass off to a powerful special attacking team mate such as Heatran. Colbur berry allows Celebi to hit bisharp with an Earthpower and survive a dark move if it lives. You can opt to go for a bulkier Celebi set with recover and lefties, but this is the set that I prefer.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is another mon that can take on the water types that the core hates. Rotom can also take the ice moves that Lando hates and he is is immune to to the ground moves that Heatran hates. Rotom-W also forms a volturn core with Lando and can really wear down the opposing team, but you probably would want a defogger or spinner to limit hazard damage if you did use Rotom-W. 128 speed allows Rotom-W to outspeed max speed azu. 248 HP limits residual damage on Rotom-W. 132 Defense with a bold nature allows Rotom to to takes physical hits while spdef tran is taking special hits. Hydro pump is a powerful STAB move that helps with common threats like tran and tflame. Will o wisp can cripple physical attackers so that team mates can deal with them if rotom goes down or if rotom needs burn to deal with them. Lastly, pain split is a great move that can sap HP from opponents while healing Rotom. You can run a specially defensive set if you want over this one, but I feel like this set is better with the core.

If someone mentions a team mate that goes well with this core or a suggestion for one of the mons, I will gladly add it in.

Alsoooooooooooooooooooooooo:
It's my hundredth post! That's hella chill!
SO let me do something special and post some cores I like!

Here's a Lopunny+Landorus offensive core that I've used a lot over the course of ORAS.

+

I've always wanted to use Sub+PuP Lopunny, but I've always missed its ability to be outstanding against offense. It's still good against it, but it mainly focuses on hurting stall/balance now. Then, I realized that Lando-I totally demolishes offense after a rock polish boost, while also having good offensive synergy by being able to beat a lot of common stall mons and handle offensive mons pretty well. I personally love running this core with spikestack, as both of these pokemon form a lot of offensive pressure on the opposing team, and force a lot of switches. HP ice is preferred on Lando, so it can beat gliscor, landog, and other lando-i, giving lopunny an easier time, especially the former two are on balance, which is what this lopunny does best against. Klefki is a great partner, as its basically a panic button to anything this core can't handle, like a charizard-x that got to set up a dd, while also being able to 2hko thundurus after LO recoil, while Thundurus only has a 9.4% chance to 2hko if youre running spdef (which you should). This core can cause some major problems for unprepared teams, and I think it's worth giving a shot.

12:51 (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch

reptilia (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Here's another offensive core that's been pretty effective for me when I've used it!
+
+

This core revolves around keeping up offensive pressure and Klefki using spikes and status to weaken Kyube's checks, with bisharp encouraging against defog and helping weaken Kyube's checks. While Kyube isn't the fastest wallbreaker right now, it's very effective in that it doesn't really have counters? Kind of reminds me of BW Hydreigon. After 3 layers of spikes, Kyurem can 2hko Ferrothorn without having to use HP fire! Bisharp is a great partner, as it discourages defog to keep your hazards around on the field for as long as you can. Bisharps 4th moveslot is preferred to be Swords dance, as it increases its wallbreaking potential, softening things up for Kyurem to shine. It's also able to beat Jirachi for Kyurem, whereas Kyurem can weaken Rotom-W for bisharp, while all three members work on weakening Keldeo. Rapid spin support is a must for this core, as Kyurem really would like to be at the most health it can be at due to its bad defensive typing. Starmie is recommended, as it has good typing synergy with these mons. A ground resist is also needed, as bisharp+keys are both weak to it.

10 bands (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

6 man (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

you & the 6 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Nah. Taunt lets Doom be a more effective stallbreaker, which is its main role. This way, Chansey can't recover up on it, letting Houndoom come out on top. Destiny bond is more situational imo

Have a good day! *little party streamers to celebrate 100 posts*
Where did you get that Lopunny set?

Edit: Sorry I had the wrong images for my core, I just fixed them.[/hide]

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with that Lopunny set. Mega Lopunny has tons of really cool options such as Baton Pass, Substitute, Power Up Punch, Focus Punch, and even Drain Punch. Lopunny doesn't always need to run the "standard" HJK / Return / Fake Out / Ice Punch set.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There's nothing wrong with that Lopunny set. Mega Lopunny has tons of really cool options such as Baton Pass, Substitute, Power Up Punch, Focus Punch, and even Drain Punch. Lopunny doesn't always need to run the "standard" HJK / Return / Fake Out / Ice Punch set.
I didn't say that I didn't like the set, I was wondering where it was from because I've seen it on Moose's RMT. I actually love that set.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
I'm not going to try to take credit for what I'm gonna point out; PaulGilbert used a nearly identical set and used it to reach number 1 on the OU ladder in mid-ish X&Y, I think it was. Anyways, his set had a few interesting differences. First, he ran 220 speed, which is actually all you need to outpace 252 Spe adamant zard at +1, gives you as much bulk as possible, and let you get the momentum against other scarfed lando-t. The one other difference which I thought was really interesting was that he ran explosion instead of knock off. It lets you go out with a bang (pun very much intended) when lando has done his job, and helps to create momentum as well. Not to mention, it has a fun surprise factor to it that can seriously hurt enemy's that would otherwise not take a whole lot from its other moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)