Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Scarf Latios and Spike setter Diggersby. This is a core I posted on another thread. It got no reception which is generally not a good sign, but I'm not giving up on it, if I look bad for posting it once it can't make things worse posting again. XD Anyway, this is a core of two less than common sets designed to bluff their more frequently used counterparts. A Latios on a team generally leads one to assume there's no hazard stacking involved due to Latios's common utility as a Defogger, and hazard stack + Defog does not go well together, so paired with Diggersby, who people really don't generally expect to be a hazard setter anyway, it can mask the incentive of hazard stacking entirely as well as hold off the assumption that Latios is Scarfed which can come in very handy with revenging due to its surprising speed. The benefit of this bluff allows for easier revenge kills due to surprise factor and easier opportunities to set hazards with Diggersby's natural ability to force switches, even further enforced by an opponent who may assume you have more coverage than you do, such as switching in on a Ferro and scaring it out with Fire Punch. The typeing synergy between the two isn't bad either, mainly Latios's ability to support Diggy by effectively taking any Water, Grass or Fighting hit that threatens him and remove them, allowing the pimpin' bunny to stack Spikes uninterrupted. Ice coverage shits on this core though so it's not all fun and games unfortunately. Still, I think this pair has a chance to be very effective if used right.
Not Latias (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Dayum, Son (Diggersby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack
It got no reception cause usually the builders don't reply lol. Just thought I would let you know.

I meant reception in terms of likes if that matters; I wasn't expecting verbal feedback but I figured if people thought it was a good idea it would still show. XD

AM Edit: 666 message. Is Der Twist controlling our souls . _ . ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zbr

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I admit I am better at making offensive cores but this thread is so full of them I feel the need to do something else. You probably won't see many defensive cores out of me though since I suck at stall so I can only theorize about how good a core is, I can't test it out well.

Balance Core:
Gliscor + Clefable

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Softboiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

The premise of this balance core is that Gliscor supports Clefable to set up for a sweep. Clefable is hard stopped by Heatran, and checked by Gengar and Landorus carrying Sludge Wave even after a Calm Mind.

Gliscor counters Heatran and is a strong check to Gengar and Landorus without HP Ice. It also checks +0 Bisharp as it can switch into Iron Head or Knock Off safely and doesn’t mind losing its Toxic Orb once poison is active. With Taunt, Gliscor can annoy and weaken Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss (though Regenerator is annoying), and just stallbreak in general.

Clefable checks several pokemon that Gliscor doesn’t like dealing with, including Keldeo, Latios which Gliscor needs to be at full HP to handle, and Mega Sableye. Clefable is a semi reliable check to ice types such as Kyurem-Black, Weavile and lead Mamoswine as well as electric types that threaten Gliscor with their ice type coverage.

Clefable’s EVs are my own personal spread to avoid the 2HKO from Latios’ Psyshock at full HP all of the time. However, feel free to use the standard 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD or whatever spread you like really.

EDIT: I changed Gliscor's EV spread to always survive +2 Adamant LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch. The new spread also outspeeds neutral natured base 70s like Bisharp (jolly ttar is not really relevant they all hold a choice scarf) and has more special defense.

An awesome thing about this core is that they are both excellent status absorbers which means they are difficult to wear down and this alleviates the need for a Heal Bell user. Try to keep them healthy, as both can reliably check a lot more things when close to full HP and are generally really annoying to weaken.

I really did want to add a third member to the core but none stood out to me as really fitting the mold more than the others, so I’ll just leave you with some suggestions. This core doesn’t have a good way to deal with water types, so pokemon like Manaphy, Starmie and Celebi are good additions as they provide additional support and can also act as status absorbers if you want to go overkill on that. Although it is also weak to water, Heatran makes a nice teammate which can set up rocks and be the go-to Taunt user if you want Gliscor to run Swords Dance. Latias and Keldeo also make good teammates. Use a steel type to better cover Clefable’s weaknesses as well.

Gliscor supports Clefable better with Taunt, but if you want a second win condition feel free to go for SD. EDIT: After playing extensively with both Taunt and SD using this core I'd say both are very effective and function within the core well, but SD is probably just better in the current metagame.

Sorry this post is so fat, hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Alright i got a interesting volt-turn core that works pretty nicely on semi stall teams. Pretty sweet balance core overall.

Mega Ampharos + Tornadus Therian + Heatran

This is a pretty neat core that fits pretty nice on semi-stall teams. What makes this core good is how you can keep up the momentum while still getting off decent damage. Ampharos is the main selling point of this core which is capable of hard walling several mons in the meta such as talonflame, mega pinser, keldeo, rotom (kinda), mega manetric (hp ice does 30%) and provides a nice slow volt switch which can allow you to go into a hazard setter. What is probably the most unique aspect of mega amp is that even despite the fact its got 0 sp.a investment it has 366 sp.a. Yeah thats right 366 which is quite a lot for a defensive tank. Next we got tornadus-t who finishes the volt-turn core with mega amp and provides a fast u-turn and ground immunity. Thanks to torn+amp you can keep up the momentum for stall also im slashing taunt on torn for opposing stall or mons that can shut the team down. Also tornadus can spam hurricane which hits pretty hard and the slow+fast volt switch / u-turn can throw people off quite a bit. Last is heatran who provides stealth rocks as well as a fairy resist and a ice resist. (not all the important but come on both amp and torn are weak to ice) Heatran removes these faries which could give amp trouble but sadly struggles vs mamo and weavile. (Knock off+low kick kills tran) Teammate wise physical walls such as chestnaught work great with this team due to how he can form a hazard setting core with heatran and like the removal of fairies while hazard removers such as starmie work great with this core due to how it can provide a decent gross check and a check to bisharp and landorus thanks to reflect type the latter also forms a fire/water/grass core. Clerics to help keep the team alive can prove to be really useful as heatran has no recovery and amp might not want to be asleep while a burned tornadus can prove to be annoying. This makes unaware clefable a great teamate due to how it can wish pass to heatran and chestnaught while using heal bell to help deal with status. Other team mates such as cm manaphy can prove to be a good partner due to loving the removal of opposing electric type which amp handles while pokemon such as amoongus can help deal with fairies as well as put pokemon to sleep and or cripple them with stun spore. Overall this is a pretty sweet core and mega amp is actually pretty good on stall due to how it deals with stall breaker talonflame which can 6-0 most stall teams also its probably one of the most reliable bird spam answer to due how its got recovery (rest+sleep talk is pretty good on amp actually). If you want a set of magma storm+taunt heatran set can be used instead of this set allowing you to fair better vs fat teams. But yeah enjoy this core!

Screw Bird spam (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

WOOOOOSH (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Feeling Salty (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Edit: also please ignore anything regarding taunt on tornadus therian lol. don't know what i was thinking.

Last edited:
Alright i got a interesting volt-turn core that works pretty nicely on semi stall teams. Pretty sweet balance core overall.

Mega Ampharos + Tornadus Therian + Heatran

This is a pretty neat core that fits pretty nice on semi-stall teams. What makes this core good is how you can keep up the momentum while still getting off decent damage. Ampharos is the main selling point of this core which is capable of hard walling several mons in the meta such as talonflame, mega pinser, keldeo, rotom (kinda), mega manetric (hp ice does 30%) and provides a nice slow volt switch which can allow you to go into a hazzard setter. What is probably the most unique aspect of mega amp is that even despite the fact its got 0 sp.a investment it has 366 sp.a. Yeah thats right 366 which is quite a lot for a defensive tank. Next we got tornadus-t who finishes the volt-turn core with mega amp and provides a fast u-turn and ground immunity. Thanks to torn+amp you can keep up the momentum for stall also im slashing taunt on torn for opposing stall or mons that can shut the team down. Also tornadus can spam hurricane which hits pretty hard and the slow+fast volt switch / u-turn can throw people off quite a bit. Last is heatran who provides stealth rocks as well as a fairy resist and a ice resist. (not all the important but come on both amp and torn are weak to ice) Heatran removes these faries which could give amp trouble but sadly struggles vs mamo and weavile. (Knock off+low kick kills tran) Teamate wise physical walls such as chestnaught work great with this team due to how he can form a hazard setting core with heatran and like the removal of fairies while hazard removers such as starmie work great with this core due to how it can provide a decent gross check and a check to bisharp and landorus thanks to reflect type the latter also forms a fire/water/grass core. Clerics to help keep the team alive can prove to be really useful as heatran has no recovery and amp might not want to be asleep while a burned tornadus can prove to be annoying. This makes unaware clefable a great teamate due to how it can wish pass to heatran and chestnaught while using heal bell to help deal with status. Other team mates such as cm manaphy can prove to be a good partner due to loving the removal of opposing electric type which amp handles while pokemon such as amoongus can help deal with fairies as well as put pokemon to sleep and or cripple them with stun spore. Overall this is a pretty sweet core and mega amp is actually pretty good on stall due to how it deals with stall breaker talonflame which can 6-0 most stall teams also its probably one of the most reliable bird spam answer to due how its got recovery (rest+sleep talk is pretty good on amp actually). But yeah enjoy this core!

Screw Bird spam (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

WOOOOOSH (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast / Taunt

Feeling Salty (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Me gusta this set, I think it could also work for a balance or even a bulky offense team with a little tweaking. How does restalk work with volt switch, btw? I feel like it could switch you out at annoying times occasionally.

It has its quirks. For one it makes amp a pain to take down. But ive had moments when using a team i build around this core when amp ended up giving the team trouble thanks to it. its pretty much like how cro-cune can screw your momentum up with rest-talk when it uses rest. Only difference here is you have a better chance to hit something moderately hard. volt switch + rest talks pretty nice if you want amp awake just use heal bell unaware clef and hes awake. Its not 100% reliable but it works.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That core looks pretty neat, but how does it stack up against other fat teams? You can't run Taunt to stallbreak if Tornadus-T is holding an Assault Vest. I think an alternate set of Magma Storm Heatran may be worth mentioning to help that matchup if it needs improving. Of course, you could always pair the core with a wallbreaker, but just a thought.

oh right. my bad about that. well heatran has taunt for fat teams / stall teams. ill mention the magma storm set in a sec. Did i mention manaphy as a potential parnter?

+

This core supports each other really well. Latios can drop a draco on any incoming poke then switch into bisharp which can take on mod of latios checks, doing this can really pressure the opponent. Bisharp switches in into most of latios's weaknesses which makes it to pair up really well with latios.It can switch or come in after into things like tyranitar and jirachi which can be problems for latios. Low kick on bisharp is used to kill the other bisharps and dark types to do a lot of damage. Hidden power fire on latios is necessary for not getting stalled/walled by ferrothorn. Latios takes care of bisharp's checks such as keldeo which walls both of bisharps stabs. Stall breaker gengar is a great choice for this core as it can stop stall team that want to be annoying. Gengar sludge bombs the fairys like mega altaria and azumarill.
Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Last edited:
+

This core supports each other really well. Bisharp switches in into all of latios's weaknesses which makes it really well with patios. Low kick is used to kill the other bisharps and dark types to do a lot of damage. Hidden power fire on patios is necessary for not getting stalled/walled by ferrothorn. Latios takes care of bisharp's checks such as keldeo which walls both of bisharps stabs. Stall breaker gengar is a great choice for this core as it can stop stall team that want to be annoying.
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
Small nitpick, but I just wanted to say that bisharp doesn't switch into all of latios' weaknesses.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 268-316 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 303-357 (111.3 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But yeah, these two have pretty good defensive coverage together. (I used them in my rmt n_n)

Small nitpick, but I just wanted to say that bisharp doesn't switch into all of latios' weaknesses.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 268-316 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 303-357 (111.3 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But yeah, these two have pretty good defensive coverage together. (I used them in my rmt n_n)
oh cool, thats why i added gengar in the description to check this threats

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Update time.

So, I've decided that I'm going to be a bit more selective when picking the cores to add to the archive because it's incredibly cluttered at the moment. Basically, if I add it, I like it. If I don't add it or don't comment on it, that does not mean its bad, I just dont feel its up to par with the others. More specifically, if I don't add or comment on your core please don't make a one liner post asking "why didn't you add my core", but feel free to vm me if you have any questions.
Please don't let this discourage you from sharing cores you've created, it's great seeing everyone give each other suggestions often about improving each other's sets and cores.

Offensive Core: Mega Beedrill + Magnezone

Here's a core that revolves (no pun) around keeping momentum and trapping at the appropriate time. Mega beedrill is a really underrated threat right now being able to do massive damage to common physical walls, with the steels that stop it (skarmory, ferrothorn, scizor) are all trapped by magnezone. Magnezone is decreasing in usage currently, but it is the best partner to beedrill in this core. These pokemon not only work together offensively, but they work together defensivly. Psychic types beedrill aren't able to switch into but magnezone is and is able to start up a voltturn core. As soon as these two get started they break apart teams like no other. Beedrill is using knock off over drill run in order to take off shed shells on steel types and to cripple pokemon that want to come in constantly such as landot, hippo, and heatran. Magnezone's set isn't forced as choice scarf but I prefer it to outspeed threatening pokemon such as keldeo or thundurus. You can also use a choice specs set if you want to lure in hippodown/landot for the most damage.
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Balanced Core: Mega Gyarados + Celebi

This is an interesting core utilizing swords dance celebi passing into mega gyarados. Most of the time if celebi is running a boosting move it's going to be nasty plot, but I like swords dance as the threats which you can baton pass into while not taking much from moves that are super effective against celebi are more threatening. I'm choosing to pass into mega gyarados as they have a suprising amount of synergy between them. Mega gyarados is able to switch into pokemon with strong dark moves such as bisharp while setting up a dragon dance along with the +2 they have from celebi. Celebi is also able to take hits from pokemon that scare gyarados out such as keldeo or raikou. Mega gyarados is using jolly in order to outspeed lopunny at +1 and celebi is using 108 speed in order to outspeed jolly bisharp and baton pass out before it can damage it.
Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb

Offensive Core: Kyurem-Black + Talonflame

Here's an offensive core which can absolutely destroy balance and stall if played correctly. The basic idea behind is that talonflame u turns out of it's counters which kyurem-black beats. The talonflame set is a bit of a suprise as most people aren't going to expect u-turn on a bulkier set. The EVs on talonflame are just a standard spdf set which maximizes its bulk. You can use either taunt bulk up or will o as it's final move, I like using taunt as it lets you stop clefable and prevents rocks from pokemon like hippo and heatran. Common switch ins to talonflame are rotom-w, zapdos, raikou, slowbro, and heatran which kyurem-b absolutely destroys with the coverage of earth power, ice beam, fusion bolt. I'm using a 3 attacks roost set as I feel it has the best coverage to deal with these mons with roost to keep it alive as long as possible. The EVs let it outspeed max speed heatran with max spa and the rest attack, -def is used to take as little from electric attacks as possible but it's really personal preference. This core is extremely weak to rock so make sure you pack a reliable defogger or spinner like lati@s or starmie.
Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt / Will-o-Wisp / Bulk Up
- Roost
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 44 Atk / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost
Nice cores, few comments.
I'd either change Magnezone to Magneton or give it a big mention in the description because as noted, Talonflame is one of Beedrill's main problems and outspeeding and KOing it is probably more beneficial to the core. Interested as to why you chose SpDef Celebi, as I find physically defensive much more effective, and it already handles Keldeo perfectly fine without Spdef investment. What you could do is change it to Substitute + Baton Pass and use an EV spread that prevents Specs Keldeo's Scald from breaking the sub (all you need is 44 EVs and a positive nature). Let me know what you think about those changes - adding the 3rd core.

Oh my bad about the first core then boltsandbombers. Im pretty sure the original core was rachi/zardX and clef and i thought it was suicune instead. I can fix it up if putting a calm mind clefable or manaphy fixes it..... Anyways i got another core for you. might add another later in the day in this same post. Anyways with all this SF feraligator hype im gonna ignore it and leave this neat core. The idea however belongs to albacore but id thought id post it.

Tyrantrum + Mega Lopunny + Jirachi Balence core

Pretty neat core that as i said before goes to albacore for this idea. Anyway the way this core works is simple tyrantrum is made to punch massive holes in the likes of stall teams while mega lopunny breaks the likes of balence. Jirachi Is pretty helpful towards this core due to how both wallbreakers are weak to fairy types (but they do massive damage to them at least) so jirachis jobs is to help remove them. Set wise Tyrantrums set can be pretty diverse but so ill let you change the set if you dont like what i used so i wont go into it. Mega lopunny is running the awsome sub+pup set which is pretty good due to how lop forces a ton of switches anyways. Jirachi is running the para-flinch set which actually helps tyrantrum due to how hes not the fastest dragon type out there. This is a pretty nasty core overall but it is pretty weak to ground type moves so this makes rotom-w a awsome partner due to how it is immune to ground AND forms a nice volt-turn core with jirachi. Landorus=T is a solid partner due to how it also is immune to ground type moves and works nicely with rachi while giving you free switches into either lop or trum. Latias is a pretty decent partner and can remove hazzards as well as provid healing wish support. Whats nice about this core is that if you want a more Ho version using this core klefki can be used instead of rachi and can lay spikes which trum likes as well as provide t-wave support for trum. This is a pretty cool core overall and is pretty flexible so i recommend trying this out.

Tyrantrum (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Alright i guess ill post this neat stall crushing core I used when stall was everywhere. (still is)

Mega Heracross + Manaphy Offensive Core

If you hate stall this is the core for you. What this core does is VERY straight forward. It destroys bulk fat teams as well as stall be it mega sable stall or any other type. Mega Heracross Dismantles special walls as well as electric types and grass types for manaphy and checks slowbro thanks to pin missle (however manaphy has energy ball) while manaphy gets rid of annoying physical walls and fast heatran. (although mega heracross does destroy physical walls anyways lol) Basically these two break stall giving it no time to rest good teamates would be a nice defensive backbone such as ferrothorn+Hippowdon or Heatran+Clefable to help deal with other playstyles. Thunder wave support is really helpful due to how slow these two are so thunderous makes for a solid teammate to have as well as jirachi. (whos pretty good right now) Be careful when facing more faster teams with this core as they can overpower these two which is why a defensive backbone will help these two out quite a bit. But like i said if you hate bulk/fat or stall teams this is a core you will love using.

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile / Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball / Psychic
- Rain Dance
Good stuff. What does Tyrantrum outspeed with Jolly as opposed to Adamant? The horsepower of Adamant is much better imo, unless you can give a good example of what it outspeeds. Onto Lopunny - I've tried Sub PuP, and its really not that great. Basically, while it does give an easier time setting up, PuP is much better suited for the Fake Out set as you can easily afford to find coverage on your teammates for the Pokemon you'd target with Ice Punch, and I feel that Sub works better with other support moves such as Baton Pass or Encore. Not the most necessary change but just food for thought. Is there any reason to run Bullet Seed on Heracross when you have Energy Ball on Manaphy? Scald in the rain already pressures the Pokemon that you'd target with Bullet Seed, so I'm not seeing the usefulness of that. Let me know what you think of these changes.

Now that Feraligatr's HA is finally released I've got a chance tu build a team around it. This is the main core and it's formed by Feraligatr, Ferrothorn and MegaCharizard-X and let me say it's pretty funny to use. This FWG core has a setter but it lacks a spinner/defogger so keep it in mind while building!
Feraligatr:

The Pokèmon> Decent bulk allows it to set up a Dragon Dance, with a Jolly nature and 224EVs in Speed it can outspeed 135 positive nature Pokèmons like MegaLopunny etc. Unfortunately its ability isn't really that helpful apart Waterfall that gets a really nice boost. Plus its coverage isn't that good mainly 'cause one slot is for Dragon Dance, another one is for Waterfall and the last two are for Superpower (In order to do heavy damages to Ferrothorn) and Aqua Jet / Ice Punch. Aqua Jet is a nice priority which lets you less exposed to revenge killer like Talonflame while Ice Punch increase its coverage letting it to hit Pokèmons like Bulky Grass types and Dragon types which otherwise will easily check / counter you.
The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: Preferred to Swords Dance just because it boost both the Attack and the Speed making Feraligatr a bit more threatening.
  • Waterfall: Main STAB move. It gets boosted by Sheer Force increasing its power.
  • Aqua Jet: Nice priority, there's nothing much to say about it.
  • Superpower: Does heavy damages to Ferrothorn even without the Life Orb. Plus it hits Keldeo for good damages 'cause it will be tempted to enter on it 'cause it's a water type and Feraligatr has some troubles with them.
EVs Spread> It's a really simple EVs spread. Max Atk is pretty obvious. 224EVs in Speed and a Jolly Nature let it outspeed 135 base Pokèmons at +1. 32EVs in HP for """bulk""" plus it gets one extra HP per turn if it has the Leftovers.

Ferrothorn:

The Pokèmon> It's a simple Ferrothorn, nothing much to say. It's main job is to take Draco Meteors from the Latwins and basically everything that isn't a Fire move. It has an amazing bulk but it has to do many things so another Pokèmon that can help him taking hits is very appreciated in order to keep it healthy. I suggest to give to it a Shed Shell in order to don't get trapped by the likes of Magnezone. Luckily there's MegaCharizard-X that can be a good Knock Off absorber but you should always be careful.

The Moves>
  • Stealth Rock: Indispensable Entry Hazard. Stealth Rocks transforms 2HKOs in OHKOs and 3HKOs in 2HKOs.
  • Protect: Another utility move. It lets you scout and stall with Leech Seeds.
  • Leech Seed: Basically they are its only way to recover some health. Just spread them on your opponent Pokèmons.
  • Power Whip: Preferred to Gyro Ball 'cause this core has problems with Bulky Water types.
EVs Spread> Nothing much to say here. It's the standard EVs spread for Ferrothorn in OU.

MegaCharizard-X:

The Pokèmon> Good bulk, reliable recovery and really nice typing. It's easy to get why this thing is a beast and a fantastic teammate for Feraligatr and Ferrothorn. Basically MegaManectric and Azumarill demolish Ferrothorn + Feraligatr and that's why I putted it with them. It's the second dragon dancer of the core because it would have been a waste not using it as a Dragon Dance user. Keep in mind that this beast beats MegaScizor that otherwise would counter Fera+Thorn. Oh, almost forgot Rotom-W. It can't do really much against MegaCharizard-X. This thing also helps Ferrothorn 'cause it's a Knock Off absorber.

The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: How to sweep. Good bulk and Roost turn it into a behemoth. Don't fuck with ZardX or you'll get Flare Blitz'd
  • Roost: Reliable recovery that maximize its staying power.
  • Dragon Claw: As simple as devastating.
  • Flare Blitz: Really needed Fire move. Hits like a nuke butttt you already know it, I hope.
EVs Spread> 140EVs in Speed and Jolly nature let it outspeed 135 base Speed Pokèmons at +1. 248EVs in HP increase its bulk. The remaining 120EVs are for the Atk.

ETT

Feraligatorade (Feraligatr) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
[\hide]
Holding off on Gatr cores for now, as it still hasnt been received well on the VR thread and from what I've heard around it has a bit of trouble setting up.
It's my hundredth post! That's hella chill!
SO let me do something special and post some cores I like!

Here's a Lopunny+Landorus offensive core that I've used a lot over the course of ORAS.

+

I've always wanted to use Sub+PuP Lopunny, but I've always missed its ability to be outstanding against offense. It's still good against it, but it mainly focuses on hurting stall/balance now. Then, I realized that Lando-I totally demolishes offense after a rock polish boost, while also having good offensive synergy by being able to beat a lot of common stall mons and handle offensive mons pretty well. I personally love running this core with spikestack, as both of these pokemon form a lot of offensive pressure on the opposing team, and force a lot of switches. HP ice is preferred on Lando, so it can beat gliscor, landog, and other lando-i, giving lopunny an easier time, especially the former two are on balance, which is what this lopunny does best against. Klefki is a great partner, as its basically a panic button to anything this core can't handle, like a charizard-x that got to set up a dd, while also being able to 2hko thundurus after LO recoil, while Thundurus only has a 9.4% chance to 2hko if youre running spdef (which you should). This core can cause some major problems for unprepared teams, and I think it's worth giving a shot.

12:51 (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch

reptilia (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Here's another offensive core that's been pretty effective for me when I've used it!
+
+

This core revolves around keeping up offensive pressure and Klefki using spikes and status to weaken Kyube's checks, with bisharp encouraging against defog and helping weaken Kyube's checks. While Kyube isn't the fastest wallbreaker right now, it's very effective in that it doesn't really have counters? Kind of reminds me of BW Hydreigon. After 3 layers of spikes, Kyurem can 2hko Ferrothorn without having to use HP fire! Bisharp is a great partner, as it discourages defog to keep your hazards around on the field for as long as you can. Bisharps 4th moveslot is preferred to be Swords dance, as it increases its wallbreaking potential, softening things up for Kyurem to shine. It's also able to beat Jirachi for Kyurem, whereas Kyurem can weaken Rotom-W for bisharp, while all three members work on weakening Keldeo. Rapid spin support is a must for this core, as Kyurem really would like to be at the most health it can be at due to its bad defensive typing. Starmie is recommended, as it has good typing synergy with these mons. A ground resist is also needed, as bisharp+keys are both weak to it.

10 bands (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

6 man (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

you & the 6 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Nah. Taunt lets Doom be a more effective stallbreaker, which is its main role. This way, Chansey can't recover up on it, letting Houndoom come out on top. Destiny bond is more situational imo

Have a good day! *little party streamers to celebrate 100 posts*
Basically, just read what I said about Sub PuP Lopunny about one of the previous cores - not a necessary change just something to think about. In addition, I strongly suggest changing Drain Punch to HJK, as while the recovery from the move to heal off the damage from subs may seem appealing, the power difference is very significant. As I said before, PuP is much better suited on the Fake Out set, and from your logic I can tell that you were aiming to have one Pokemon excel versus defensive teams while the other excel versus offense. There are a bunch of ways you can go about this: Lopunny's Fake Out set [Fake Out / HJK / Return / PuP | Ice Punch] gives offense trouble, so then you could consider making Landorus a Calm Mind variant or a 4 Attacks set, while you could go with the Substitute set [HJK / Return / Sub / Encore | Baton Pass] and keep Lando as the Rock Polish set. Let me know what you think of these changes.

+
+

Heatran's gone.team

With the release of Contrary Serperior, suddenly everyone has a new thing to worry about while team building. Add that onto the fact that Serperior actually has pretty decent coverage given its various Hidden Power options (HP Ground / HP Fire) and it suddenly becomes a threat very difficult to prepare for. Mega Charizard-X, on the other hand, has always been seen as a massive threat with very few counters due to its fantastic offensive Dragon/Fire typing. Its above-average bulk, great typing, and access to Roost allows MegaZardX to set up plenty of Dragon Dances in the face of defensively-oriented Pokemon, such as Mew, Slowbro, Clefable, HexWisp Gengar, Mega Sableye, Celebi, Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Venusaur, Magnezone, Starmie, and much more. *EV spread will be given in sets at the end. However, with Dragon Dance and Roost, Charizard X only has room for 2 coverage moves, and dual STAB works great. Fire/Dragon coverage is resisted by very few things--Heatran, Azumarill, and Mega Altaria. The fundamental idea behind this core is to support a dual STAB Charizard X offensively by taking care of most of its checks in a very reliable way.

Having Dugtrio alongside Charizard-X alone is enough to keep Heatrans from switching in often and provides an excellent partnership in terms of non-coverage support as well as eliminating checks. Once Heatran is gone, most teams will struggle to handle a MegaZardX after only a single Dragon Dance; add that to the fact that Dugtrio has access to Stealth Rock and Memento and you have yourself a pretty easy set-up opportunity. The only thing to worry about now is a healthy Azumarill, which Serperior takes care of insanely well as it can grab fantastic momentum on the switch with a Life Orb Leaf Storm and a free Nasty Plot. Dugtrio allows Serperior to run HP Fire as opposed to Ground, which means it can hit Steels like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. Thus, with its Grass/Fire/Dragon coverage, Serperior can occasionally sweep teams more effectively than Charizard-X. Oftentimes, with Heatran gone, either Serperior or MegaZardX will eventually sweep entire teams clean. Teams without Heatran already struggle with the combination, but Dugtrio also has a very important role in these cases. It can be a lead SR user due to its Focus Sash and also choose when to go for Memento to give ZardX an excellent opportunity to set up. The biggest thing to consider offensively for this core is an answer to Mega Altaria, but +2 Life Orb Leaf Storms, SR damage, and +1 Adamant Tough Claws Flare Blitz's will probably wear it down eventually, especially if it's offensive.
@ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Moves explained above, 252+ Atk for max power (to beat things like Defensive Lando-T after some weakening, outspeeds 252+ Spe Mega Lopunny after DD, rest into HP, 4 Def for a SR number.

@ Life Orb

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Moves explained, 244+ Spe outspeeds Thundurus with HP Fire, 8 HP / 4 Def for an odd HP number, max SAtk and Life Orb because this thing's SAtk is pretty mediocre before a Leaf Storm.

@ Focus Sash

Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

Moves explained, Reveral for Chansey to help Serperior, Stealth Rock + Memento makes it good support vs teams where Dugtrio would otherwise do nothing, standard EVs, IVs for Reversal (least amount of defensive capabilities, 21 HP IVs = 201 HP = Reversal after 2 Seismic Tosses).
There is already a Serp + Duggy core [with Mega Pidgeot], so what I'm going to do is add Charizard as an alternate partner to the core in place of Pidgeot using some of your descriptions.
Balanced / Offensive Core : Serperior + Mixed Attacker Altaria-Mega + Heatran Stallbreaker

One of a good counters to HP Fire Serperior is Heatran. Instead to trap him with Dugtrio, i decided to use a lure. When your opponent see a special-based Altaria, he oftens switches to Heatran. Earthquake does so much damage to opposites Heatrans, so Serperior can usually pick them off. But some pokemons gives troubles to Serperior and Altaria. Clefable Unaware beats Altaria-Mega and Serperior 1vs1. So i decided to use Heatran, who traps Chansey, and counters Clefable. But even with Heatran, Gengar and Bisharp are huges threats. So a pokemon like SpDefensive Gliscor and Keldeo are appreciated.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 24 HP / 248 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Btw you can change a bit sets if you want :]
Great core, love Magma Strom tran. If you could add a little more description that would be great, its a little lacking in that; all looks good otherwise.
+

This core supports each other really well. Bisharp switches in into all of latios's weaknesses which makes it really well with patios. Low kick is used to kill the other bisharps and dark types to do a lot of damage. Hidden power fire on patios is necessary for not getting stalled/walled by ferrothorn. Latios takes care of bisharp's checks such as keldeo which walls both of bisharps stabs. Stall breaker gengar is a great choice for this core as it can stop stall team that want to be annoying.
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
Can you add a lot more description for this core? The two work fine together and all, but I don't really learn much about how they function as a core from your description. Furthermore, you said:
Hidden power fire on patios (lol) is necessary for not getting stalled/walled by ferrothorn
...Except it's not on the set you provided.

Anyways, can't believe this has made it to the 27th page of posts, keep it up everyone n-n

Update time.

So, I've decided that I'm going to be a bit more selective when picking the cores to add to the archive because it's incredibly cluttered at the moment. Basically, if I add it, I like it. If I don't add it or don't comment on it, that does not mean its bad, I just dont feel its up to par with the others. More specifically, if I don't add or comment on your core please don't make a one liner post asking "why didn't you add my core", but feel free to vm me if you have any questions.
Please don't let this discourage you from sharing cores you've created, it's great seeing everyone give each other suggestions often about improving each other's sets and cores.

Nice cores, few comments.
I'd either change Magnezone to Magneton or give it a big mention in the description because as noted, Talonflame is one of Beedrill's main problems and outspeeding and KOing it is probably more beneficial to the core. Interested as to why you chose SpDef Celebi, as I find physically defensive much more effective, and it already handles Keldeo perfectly fine without Spdef investment. What you could do is change it to Substitute + Baton Pass and use an EV spread that prevents Specs Keldeo's Scald from breaking the sub (all you need is 44 EVs and a positive nature). Let me know what you think about those changes - adding the 3rd core.

Good stuff. What does Tyrantrum outspeed with Jolly as opposed to Adamant? The horsepower of Adamant is much better imo, unless you can give a good example of what it outspeeds. Onto Lopunny - I've tried Sub PuP, and its really not that great. Basically, while it does give an easier time setting up, PuP is much better suited for the Fake Out set as you can easily afford to find coverage on your teammates for the Pokemon you'd target with Ice Punch, and I feel that Sub works better with other support moves such as Baton Pass or Encore. Not the most necessary change but just food for thought. Is there any reason to run Bullet Seed on Heracross when you have Energy Ball on Manaphy? Scald in the rain already pressures the Pokemon that you'd target with Bullet Seed, so I'm not seeing the usefulness of that. Let me know what you think of these changes.

Holding off on Gatr cores for now, as it still hasnt been received well on the VR thread and from what I've heard around it has a bit of trouble setting up.

Basically, just read what I said about Sub PuP Lopunny about one of the previous cores - not a necessary change just something to think about. In addition, I strongly suggest changing Drain Punch to HJK, as while the recovery from the move to heal off the damage from subs may seem appealing, the power difference is very significant. As I said before, PuP is much better suited on the Fake Out set, and from your logic I can tell that you were aiming to have one Pokemon excel versus defensive teams while the other excel versus offense. There are a bunch of ways you can go about this: Lopunny's Fake Out set [Fake Out / HJK / Return / PuP | Ice Punch] gives offense trouble, so then you could consider making Landorus a Calm Mind variant or a 4 Attacks set, while you could go with the Substitute set [HJK / Return / Sub / Encore | Baton Pass] and keep Lando as the Rock Polish set. Let me know what you think of these changes.

There is already a Serp + Duggy core [with Mega Pidgeot], so what I'm going to do is add Charizard as an alternate partner to the core in place of Pidgeot using some of your descriptions.

Great core, love Magma Strom tran. If you could add a little more description that would be great, its a little lacking in that; all looks good otherwise.

Can you add a lot more description for this core? The two work fine together and all, but I don't really learn much about how they function as a core from your description. Furthermore, you said:
...Except it's not on the set you provided.

Anyways, can't believe this has made it to the 27th page of posts, keep it up everyone n-n
Thanks for the feedback, i will fix my core. lol my stupid auto correction put patios I'm sorry xD.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Uh bolts edit the thread title to something along the lines of "read this # post" explaining why or why not something was added. Saves you, along with the mods for reasoning purposes on deleted comments, the trouble of explanation in the future.

Alright im here to answer your thoughts on changes:

Mega lopunny+Tyrantrum+manaphy:

Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum outspeeds bulky zard x that run 100 speed evs, adamant diggersby mega altaria, mega latias, adamant bisharp to name a few. if jollys really bothering you i change it to adamant but i feel like be able to outspeed more stuff is better.
Mega lopunny: I personally prefer sub+pup due to how it allows you to often times get behind a sub and either being puping or get off a free hit i can slash fake out on sub if its fine with you.

Heracross: Someone mentioned putting bullet seed on heracross and i forgot that i put energy ball on manaphy. gonna fix that up.
Manaphy: Nothing really to say i made the heracross change and forgot about energy ball.

Will edit these changes in a bit. Until then i got a nice balence core on the ready.

Heatran+Clefable Balence Core

Honestly im suprised these two have not already been done. They have pretty nice synergy overall and they fit pretty well on almost any playstyle bar maybe hyper offence. All of clefables weakneses are covered by heatran as he resists or is immune to them and can set up stealth rocks and potentially trap steels not named heatran. Earth power is mostly for other heatran as heatran is the most common switch in (go figure). The sets for heatran are kinda diverse so ill post 3 of the most relevent sets for tran. Anyways heatran also shuts stall down thanks to taunt. Heatran removing steels is pretty good as this paves a way for clefable to sweep late game and is a win-con. Set on heatran is for basic speed creeping so i wont go into it much as well as clefables spread is pretty basic. Focus miss Blast is so opposing heatran wont stand in your way if it comes down to that. Overall this core is a pretty good glue to most balence/stall/bulky offense teams as it can patch up stuff the teams weak to pretty nicely. Also let me know if i should slow down with the cores if its overwhelming.

Stall Breaker (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

"Speedy Tran" (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Scarf Tran (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

Edit: whats with all my spelling errors... Also BoltsAndBombers you already had a Lati-Tran core in the defensive cores section but there's a new one in the balence cores section. Just thought id let you know if you forgot.

Last edited:
Hi all, want to share a FWG Defensive core I have been using recently.

Starmie + Chesnaught + Talonflame
+
+

The core works like your standard FWG defensive core. Bulk Up Specially Defensive Talonflame can fire off Will-o-Wisps at anything Jolly Excadrill or slower or can go for the stallbreaker set with taunt. Bulk Up chosen here over Swords Dance so it does not get screwed over by Mega Sableye's Foul Play. Specially Defensive chosen to prevent getting screwed over by Mega Gardevoir. Chesnaught is the physical wall on the team and can reliably check threats such as Bisharp, Keldeo and wreck Sand Offense. Starmie functions as the obligatory hazards control that is essential when running Talonflame. Reflect Type chosen here over Psyshock to prevent it from getting screwed over by Bisharp mind games and Mega Zard Y/ non HP Ice Landorus-I which are pain for Stall. The EVs for Starmie were shamelessly stolen from the Hippowdon/Starmie/Ferrothorn core.

Threats to this core include Zard X, Latios and Scarf Victini. This team would appreciate teammates such as Defensive Landorus-T or any other rocks setter.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes/ Wood Hammer

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP/ 220 Spd/ 60 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-o-Wisp/ Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Uh, you'd better take a look at the EV spreads for Chesnaught and Talonflame. Talon has 20 too many EVs, while Chesnaught has 4 EVs that haven't been put in anything. I assume they're meant for Atk, but you'd better fix that.

Offensive Core

With Venu weak to heatran and mons like chansey, Conkeldurr is a perfect mon to pivot into stuff like twave spam and beat venusaurs weaknesses. That being said Latios and Birdspam destroys these two mons reasoning me to use Scarf tyranitar which pursuit traps lati for these two and also beat mons like mega pinsir and talonflame. Not much else too see about this core except that its effective.
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 16 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Its filled with the most optimal sets but I use a bulk up 3 attack conk as a set up sweeper but I find it unusable in this meta. Here is a look at the team i used with this core

Offensive Core

An offensive core that destroys standard balance. Medicham imo is better than gallade as it simply does its job while it lives and has more destructive power. That being said with the strongest fighting stab in the game with not much that stops it beside psychics. Cham covers hard steels that cover staraptor and thundurus's that get walled by. NP thun is not seen as much but with great speed and mons that wallbreaks, It definitely has a fun time after its walls are gone. Will edit later their is more to say but this is what i can provide atm.
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
Offensive Core
Offensive Core

An offensive core that destroys standard balance. Medicham imo is better than gallade as it simply does its job while it lives and has more destructive power. That being said with the strongest fighting stab in the game with not much that stops it beside psychics. Cham covers hard steels that cover staraptor and thundurus's that get walled by. NP thun is not seen as much but with great speed and mons that wallbreaks, It definitely has a fun time after its walls are gone. Will edit later their is more to say but this is what i can provide atm.
Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
I think double priority on M-Cham in this metagame and not only for the core itself is pretty important these days. You already have tools at your disposable to handle some of M-Chams general problems but right now this is 1/2 of a team that's losing to Rock Polish M-Diancie, which I think puts a big constraint on teambuilding. STAB, Fake Out, Bullet Punch is the set I'm referring to btw.

Offensive Core

With Venu weak to heatran and mons like chansey, Conkeldurr is a perfect mon to pivot into stuff like twave spam and beat venusaurs weaknesses. That being said Latios and Birdspam destroys these two mons reasoning me to use Scarf tyranitar which pursuit traps lati for these two and also beat mons like mega pinsir and talonflame. Not much else too see about this core except that its effective.
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Its filled with the most optimal sets but I use a bulk up 3 attack conk as a set up sweeper but I find it unusable in this meta. Here is a look at the team i used with this core

Offensive Core

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
You should probably changed T-tar's ability to Unnerve; having Sand Stream on a team with a Pokémon who requires using Synthesis as a means of recovery is really not a good idea, and this particular T-Tar is scarfed anyway - ie you won't really be caring about the increased SpD from Sandstorm much.

You should probably changed T-tar's ability to Unnerve; having Sand Stream on a team with a Pokémon who requires using Synthesis as a means of recovery is really not a good idea, and this particular T-Tar is scarfed anyway - ie you won't really be caring about the increased SpD from Sandstorm much.
You def want to keep Sandstorm. The number of threats TTar check drops off by a lot if you use Unnerve. I've used Tar and Venu together before and you would much rather bite the lower Synthesis instead of the lower defense.

You def want to keep Sandstorm. The number of threats TTar check drops off by a lot if you use Unnerve. I've used Tar and Venu together before and you would much rather bite the lower Synthesis instead of the lower defense.
Just in case you want to know how dramatic the difference is :]

Vs ScarfTar:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 277-328 (81.2 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 185-218 (54.2 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

184 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 156-185 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO
184 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 231-274 (67.7 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally, it really needs sand to effectively check Mega Zard Y, which demolishes the team otherwise.

Additionally, it really needs sand to effectively check Mega Zard Y, which demolishes the team otherwise.
Just to add to that, I remember one time where I was stupid enough to go for solarbeam on zard y, then they switched in their Ttar, and I was locked in cause of the weather change. Needless to say, zard was screwed

Offensive Core

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Offensive Core

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
Hello Pi3rate would you recommed the Medicham core of a sand offensive team?

Here's a cool core that I've been playing around with, and these two mons were actually the required mons for Round 6 of the teambuilding competition.
+

Landorus-I + Tyranitar

So yeah, as I said before, this was a pretty nice core that I've been using on a sand team. The idea is that Landorus-I is super powerful, being able to take out many common cores like VenuTran, CeleTran, Mega Sableye + Jirachi + Tentacruel stall etc. However, it actually does have some switch ins. Chansey (because I'm not running CM or Knock Off), Celebi (for non sludge wave variants), Latias, Zapdos, Mandibuzz, and Gyarados. Notice something in common? Yep, they're all taken care of by Tyranitar. CB Tyranitar can pursuit trap Chansey if it tries to switch out, and crunch does a load of damage to it, with a 93.4% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage. Celebi can be taken care of if it's not running baton pass, but sludge wave is a great option on Landorus-I to mess with it. Latias is walled by Tyranitar, Zapdos, Mandibuzz, and RestTalk Gyarados are all OHKOed by Stone Edge, assuming it hits lol. CB Tyranitar is chosen for this core as it's insane power is super helpful against stall teams, whereas I have RP Landorus-I, which runs over more offensively oriented teams, once it gets a boost up.

Azumarill is kind of problematic for this core, as it can revenge kill Landorus-I after a bit of prior damage, and while it's 2HKOed by ttar by Stone Edge, it's kind of hard to hit two in a row, and it can easily take advantage of Tyranitar being locked into pursuit or Crunch. Serperior is a rather cool partner for this core, it takes care of Rotom-W which is only 2HKOed by Landorus, HP Fire can remove Skarmory (Landorus-I can defeat Skarmory, but you want it put into sturdy range so that focus blast takes it out, or else it'll whirlwind you out and your Rock Polish boosts are gone), and conveniently, it happens to be walled by Heatran which Landorus-I can defeat, and Tyranitar can pursuit trap. Excadrill is also a great partner, being able to spin away hazards for the team, while being able to clean up a weakened team after Lando and Ttar have done their job. SubCM Keldeo also goes decently well with this core, as it has solid offensive synergy, being able to defeat skarmory, lure in the lati twins so that they can get pursuit trapped by Ttar, and can also weaken Ferrothorn a bit so that you don't have to rely on Focus Blast's shaky accuracy to OHKO it.

Fernando (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Knock Off
- Sludge Wave / Psychic / HP Ice

Pablo (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Superpower

Fairly simple core here. LO Gengar is a pain for stall, and has few hard stops on stall. However, those hard stops (Tenta, Gliscor, Mega Sableye, etc) are getting more common as time goes on. Most of those hard stops are conveniently beaten by RP Diancie. Diancie also offers a great cleaner against offense. As far as Diancie's checks go, those in the Chansey-Skarm-Ferro group are all either Gengar bait or beaten by Gengar to varying degrees. Not the most overwhelming of stallbreaking cores, but there are some benefits here such as neither part of the core being SR weak.

When it comes to building around this core, a real Scizor check could be useful as Gengar does a less than desirable job beating it. Volc works great as it pairs amazingly with Diancie, and by extension this core.

As far as set details go, I've used standard LO 3 Attacks Gengar. Sub Gar could also work well enough to fill in and offers more sustainability at the expense of immediate power. Diancie is pretty just the standard RP, max Special Attack, enough speed to beat Modest/Adamant base 100 speed mons (eg Modest Gard, Adamant Char-X), enough attack to KO Zapdos after Rocks, and the Leftovers thrown into bulk.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

---

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute / Sludge Wave
^I think there's a better SubGar set out there but idk what it is. That happens to be in the dex. I haven't used Sub Gar myself with this core but in theory it still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)