31/31+/31/16-/31/31 Pentagon Landorus (Named: Calrissian) [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namazu, as in Japanese Mythology Namazu is a giant catfish that lives under islands in Japan. Namazu thrashes about creating earthquakes and it seems fitting for a Pokemon renowned for its Ground typing.

I would name it "PANZER" after one of Germany's most famous tanks of all time
I am assuming he would be using a choice scarf most of the time, "BLITZKRIEG" would also be fitting because of his fast attacks!

Hachiman
Hachiman is the Shinto god of agriculture and abundance and the basis for Landorus. Landorus is also associated with the same attributes as it protects the land near where its shrine is located. Hachiman is also the god of war and Landorus has a high Attack when in Beast form. Hachiman seems very appropriate for this Pokemon!

My suggestion is Freyr, taken straight out og the old norse mythology. Freyr was the god of agriculture for the Vikings, much like Landorus is in Unova. They also share some visual similarities, both being strong, masculine males.

So as you may know Landorus origin comes from many different mythological sources like genies and the chinese white tiger and the Jaguar gods of Aztec mythology. I am Mexican so I know some thing of Mesoamerican mythology. First the Aztec deity Tezcatlipoca its name actually means "Smoking Mirror" which kinda matches with the whole Reveal Glass item ingame which reveals the Genies' true form. This deity is related to the sky and to the earth and it had two forms Humanoid and Jaguar just like Landorus. Even though this matches so well with the concept of landorus this deity was kinda evil and liked to cause conflicts in order to bring change to the world, according to the lore. Plus the name isn't that cool.

There's another mythical being this time from Mayan culture that matches another aspect of Landorus. The Balam specifically the Balam Kol/Col This where Jaguar Genies that protected the lands and crops. Mayans prayed to them before sowing so they can get blessed with a good harvest.
They are described as ugly bearded old men with an Intimidating look. They use sharp obsidian projectiles(Stone Edge) to defend the crops from evil spirits, animals or humans. I like to relate Landorus to this mythological being better as it matches with "The Guardian of the Fields" title Landous has and it also is related to a big cat, lol this deity even uses Stone Miss like most Landorus do :P

So yeah sorry for the long post my suggestion is Balam Kol :)
I was gonna suggest Tezcatlipoca since that what I named my Defensive Landorus-T

Anyway, since this looking to be a way more offensive natured one, my suggestion for it would be Shisaa. Shisaa are a group of guardian dog/lion statues from Okinawa. They're believed to ward off evil spirits, which can be related to Lando taming Thundrus/Tornadus. It also looks slightly like the Therian form, so that's a plus

It flies, so my suggestion would be "Flugzeug", since it's German. I choose it mainly because I really liked the way Flugzeug sounded when I studied GCSE German a few years ago... :-)

I've decided that this Landorus shall be known as "Calrissian". Hirshey is the winner!

This decision was not easy, because there were a handful of good suggestions, but my weakness for bad puns got the better of me. I like this name, I like Star Wars ...and there is a reason why I call myself "Nelson Tangela". *cough* ^^

Thank you very much to anybody who participated and to SDQuad6 and vzxt for the effort they've put in their suggestions.

PS: Anybody who wants a clone of "Calrissian" can see my thread, which hasn't been updated with this yet, but will be by tomorrow.

PPS: Let me know, when you can pick this up, Hirshey.

PPPS: This thread can be closed now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)