2015 Musics - Join us at #Tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is, but it's too good to be a lie. After I fell for Kanye releasing a new song this has to be real. It has to be. I can't live without it now. Nobody is cruel enough to make a joke like this.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Carrie & Lowell is just an incredible album. Definitely give it a listen. I was in the worst mood yesterday and just listening to it brought me back. The way the year's been going so far music-wise makes me really eager for the rest of it. The new Courtney Barnett was very solid as well, overhyped imo but still a very solid album, certainly one I'd revisit.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What So Not have got an EP coming out real soon, they've just put out the first single 'Gemini' and it's pretty dope. It's pretty laid back compared to the rest of their stuff (not as club-friendly) but I like it a lot. Flume announced recently that this will be the last WSN project he'll be 'creatively involved in' so he can focus on his solo stuff, so I really like that this seems to sound really Flumey...

Speaking of Flume, he's building hype for his second album with a remix of Sam Smith's 'Lay Me Down' which is also pretty cool.

The hype for Noisia's new EP is real, two collabs with Mefjus and Hybris, who both released albums in 2014, EP is shaping up to be one of the best Drum n' Bass albums of the year.

"Reptilians" by Noisia, Mefjus, and Hybris can be heard here:

about all I'm excited for at the moment, 2015 been good to me so far

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NOISIA EP HYPE

speaking of mefjus, his and ivy lab's mef:lab remixes ep was released just today and is available on the critical music shop and beatport! tremendous showing from both of them, per the usual. heck, mefjus took a track i didn't like (ivy lab's "sunday crunk") and made it one ridiculously banging track. ivy lab has outperformed themselves this time around as well, taking mefjus's "blame you (ft. zoe klinck)" and making it even deeper and darker than it originally was.

also, for those of you into the more soulful, liquid side of dnb (like me), hospital is preparing a compilation of their most soulful tracks out there called fast soul music. the tracklist is tremendous, ranging from liquid classics like london elektricity's anthemic "rewind", calibre's immense remix of high contrast's "everything's different", and phuturistix's "beautiful", to new and excellent tracks that fit right in, such as etherwood's "weightless", fred v & grafix's "green destiny", and lsb's "if you're here (ft. sophia wardman)". if you're looking for tracks released in-between the old and new, this compilation has it too, with tracks such as subwave's "stars get down", logistics's "sendai song", and sinistarr + kiat's "black diamonds". there are even a few unexpected, but welcome favorites of mine included, such as mistabishi's "she lied", the matrix and futurebound remix of nu:tone's "system (ft. natalie williams)", and danny byrd's "gold rush (ft. brookes brothers)". my only disappointment was that my personal favorite hospital track, b-complex's "beautiful lies", was not included in this compilation. hopefully the hospital crew has it saved for a future compilation.

kinda on- and off-topic, but it's rather fantastic to see another dnb fan on the forums n_n

heck, mefjus took a track i didn't like (ivy lab's "sunday crunk") and made it one ridiculously banging track.
bruv wot. Have that track on vinyl, one of my absolute favourites !

Sam Binga & Ivy Lab's new EP's have been wicked, been waiting for something new from Binga ever since 'Lef Dem' it was no disappointment, Redders + Binga is a legendary combo. Hoping for some new solo work from Stray soon, really vibing his Chatterbox EP lately, great work. Also hoping for some new stuff from Posij, Dub Phizix, and Krakota soon, Krakota's new work on hospital has me needing more, Posij is a legend, and Dub Phizix makes such interesting tracks, really hoping from new stuff in the coming year.

Reso's new stuff is amazing, as usual, his sound design and percussion is on a completely different level. Think I have every release of his, he can do no wrong it seems. Also hoping for a Hyroglifics EP in the coming year (on critical hopefully) such a spectacular producer.

Last edited:

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
flume is a babe

also grimes and purity ring are pretty much the most amazing people/band, and they are very chill and very ethereal. grimes released a song from her lost album, and purity released their second album with a lot of great tracks (but, compared to their first album this album has much more mainstream music elements like trap elements)

also for you hip hop or whatever fans, check out tkay maidza. cute 19 year old aussie talent who has a steadily growing fanbase and has great bangers. she's amazing live and she doesn't ever miss a beat the time i see her live. these two songs were released pretty recently

Some music that got dropped so far this year

Kubark- Obedience
I was pretty disappointed with Obedience tbh, Ulysses was much better. I can't help comparing the two, and Ulysses was smooth, chilled out, but still had its moments where it got decently heavy. Obedience kinda strays from both these places and I don't particularly like it. Still this only demotes the album from really good to solid. Still recommend Kubark though. I think they're considered post-rock? So they're rock, but fairly alternative I guess. Idk I'm no musician.

VOLA- Inmazes
Holy shit these guys are good, listen to them. Idk what genre you'd call it, but it's towards the harder end of rock with elements from other stuff thrown in? idk. Good stuff, strongly recommend

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
keeno's preludes ep is out now, and it's shiver-inducingly amazing liquid dnb! "one more moment (ft. cepasa)" is an amazing opener for this ep, and cepasa's vocals just make me shiver, just like pat fulgoni's did in "as one", from his life cycle lp. "origin" is more like the standard keeno fare displayed in life cycle; the piano layers are well-structured, and it has a very deep sound. the bass in "origin" is more noticeable than in an average keeno track, especially in its second half. while "origin" is not as memorable as "nocturne", it's a great track to space out with. "the moon under the water" is my personal favorite track from this ep. it clicks all the right buttons for me, and while it contains many of the elements expected from a keeno track (piano layers, orchestrated sounds, fast drums), it's differently structured than the usual. the distortion added to parts of the tracks makes it memorable. "dignity found", a collaboration between keeno and whiney, was featured in hospitality 2015, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the track in this ep. if i hadn't rinsed it out quite a few times prior to listening to it here, i'd mark it off as my favorite track for this ep. regardless, "dignity found" is a brilliant track that departs from his usual sound, eschewing the piano for the guitar as the primary piece of the track.

overall, preludes gets a 9/10 from me. brilliant ep, brilliant producer. "origin"'s relative similarity to other previously released keeno tracks is the only thing keeping preludes from getting a 10/10. i cannot wait to see what comes next from keeno. bravo.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tyler dropped his new album the other day and it's not complete trash would recommend.

Also Years & Years is a rather new band coming up in my general area. Check them out. Kinda up beat R&B meets Techno

VOLA- Inmazes
Holy shit these guys are good, listen to them. Idk what genre you'd call it, but it's towards the harder end of rock with elements from other stuff thrown in? idk. Good stuff, strongly recommend
yeah i've been pimpin VOLA hard.

they're like Mew and Junius got together to cover Meshuggah songs but accidentally a whole album.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tyler dropped his new album the other day and it's not complete trash would recommend.

Also Years & Years is a rather new band coming up in my general area. Check them out. Kinda up beat R&B meets Techno
I love King! It's always being played on the radio round these parts lately. They're going to be playing at a massive festival here this year in australia (splendour in the grass)

Carrie & Lowell is just an incredible album. Definitely give it a listen. I was in the worst mood yesterday and just listening to it brought me back. The way the year's been going so far music-wise makes me really eager for the rest of it.
This. Carrie and Lowell is an absolutely amazing album. Sufjan Stevens has done a great job. What are you favourite songs from it? Fourth of July is so beautiful.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Should Have Known Better, Fourth of July, and John My Beloved are the best songs on it imo

edit: also Death and Dignity

Last edited:

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
florence+the machine released the album how big, how blue, how beautiful
my favorite song is st. jude ^_^
fun fact of the day: st. thaddeus is his eastern/armenian name while st. jude is his western/roman catholic name. there is also a super old monastery dedicated to him in iran which was built in 68 AD. there is only one mass there a year, and its on his feastday
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Thaddeus_Monastery

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
passion pit came out with their new album: kindred
if you dont know who passion pit is, they are an indietronica band who sound kind of like matt and kim meets mgmt
fun fact of the day: a passion pit is an old school term for drive in theatres where the teenagers would go and see romantic movies and make out
here's the single off it: lifted up (1985)

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
so earl dropped another small project on his youtube channel that he rarely ever uses.

people seem to enjoy it more than his 'I Don't Like shit...' album. i've listened maybe 3 or 4 times and i think it's cool

passion pit came out with their new album: kindred
if you dont know who passion pit is, they are an indietronica band who sound kind of like matt and kim meets mgmt
fun fact of the day: a passion pit is an old school term for drive in theatres where the teenagers would go and see romantic movies and make out
here's the single off it: lifted up (1985)
if i have to hear this song one god damn more time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)