np: UU Stage 2.1 - You Are Invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feliciano there are so many checks and counters to MAero,its not even funny and is not worthy to be suspected. Its a top mon, but lets be real. Its attack is OK compared to other Megas (Beedrill, Aggron, Absol). Bulky waters just give it a hard time.

Suicune, MAggron, Swampert, MSwampert, Slowking are juzt a few counters that force him out. As far as checks, you have scarf hera, scarf shao, scarf Hydre. MAboma, MAbsol, Feraligatr, Honchkrow, Hippowdon.

There are so many mons that fit both offensive and defensiveplaystyles that can at the least check MAero.

Feliciano there are so many checks and counters to MAero,its not even funny and is not worthy to be suspected. Its a top mon, but lets be real. Its attack is OK compared to other Megas (Beedrill, Aggron, Absol). Bulky waters just give it a hard time.

Suicune, MAggron, Swampert, MSwampert, Slowking are juzt a few counters that force him out. As far as checks, you have scarf hera, scarf shao, scarf Hydre. MAboma, MAbsol, Feraligatr, Honchkrow, Hippowdon.

There are so many mons that fit both offensive and defensiveplaystyles that can at the least check MAero.
Most everything you listed as a check are pretty shaky checks, as most all of them end up getting OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by most of MAero's attacks(Hippo can take anything but Aqua Tail, but normally can't do much in return). MAboma/MAbsol need to be +2 to kill from full, and Honch needs to have gotten its Moxie boost to do so as well. They're a bit more of a way to revenge a weakened Aero than straight checks.

The scarfers can fare a bit better, Hera/Shao can get ruined by good prediction from a single Aerial Ace, though.

Overall, the best things to deal with him are the bulky waters like you mentioned, as well as Steel types such as MAggron, Doublade, and Bronzong. Even Forretress can suitably take it on, provided you still have it around(and semi-healthy). Umbreon also works as a good check, as Foul Play pretty much crushes Aero, and requires either hitting 3 Stone Edges in a row, or getting to +3 to OHKO Umbreon.

No doubt Aero is a bit scarier in the tier with Jirachi and its stupid Iron Head not around to threaten it. But still far from unmanageable,

Don't forget Bronzong as a counter to Aero, and another mon that has generally great utility.

Being able to set rocks, screens, wall both Nidos, check MBee, counter MAero, counter non-Fire Blast Salamence, check Mienshao, check/counter Dragalge and Roserade, counter Slurpuff, as well as some more niche mons like beating Cloyster and Tentacruel all make it a very solid anti-meta mon these days. B+ is good viability ranking, but the sheer amount of use you can get out of Bronzong in any given match make him definitely worth it.

I can't believe people actually fell for that dumb joke
I think most people suggested it was a joke. Mods even said that they had to delete/edit 50 posts that suggested it. When they kept insisting that it was real despite it being april fools day. I tbink the mods were more convincing than the actual scald idea.

I can't believe people actually fell for that dumb joke
The majority of people were just playing along with it. Maybe if they'd announced a scald ban then maybe more people would have fallen for it, as banning moves has precedence on Smogon. But something crazy like a chance to faint? Most people saw right through that and played along with the joke for its run.

If anything we still have Mega Heracross in BL who hadn't been suspect-test'ed yet, so it'd be cool to have that tested :3

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Heracross was broken beyond belief from what I've heard, so if anything I'd lean more toward something like Crawdaunt or Venomoth if we were going to re-test a BL Pokemon. Otherwise, I think Scald and possibly Feraligatr are the only really problematic Pokemon, and I don't have a firm opinion of Feraligatr yet.

Mega Heracross was broken beyond belief from what I've heard, so if anything I'd lean more toward something like Crawdaunt or Venomoth if we were going to re-test a BL Pokemon. Otherwise, I think Scald and possibly Feraligatr are the only really problematic Pokemon, and I don't have a firm opinion of Feraligatr yet.
Venomoth is just something ill always view as broken because UU doesn't really have the utility mons/ Priority to stop Venomoth from Quiver Passing. As for Crawdaunt, LOL That things wall breaking powers will never be handled in UU. Just looking at the BL list, Weavile seems like the most likely for a retest, but that seems like stretching it a little.

I am adamantly against a Venomoth retest. At least with Weavile and Crawdaunt there is some fun to be had - Venomoth skews teambuilding to a silly degree and frankly I am sure most players will agree with me when I say that playing against, and teambuilding to account for QuiverPass is just the definition of boring and unfun.

The thing is, I would much rather have all of the mons in the current BL had their first suspect tests before moving on to their second tests. It is more about a doing things in order than trying to test the subjectively "lesser" threats on the list first.

That being said I agree that Mega Hera was extremely broken during the Scolipede pass meta but now that Scolipede is gone it is not as easy to support a sweep with Mega Hera anymore, and although its wall breaking prowess remains impressive, it loses the ability to absorb status with Guts and there are still a bunch of checks like phys def Aromatisse, Crobat, Fletch, Doublade, defensive Mence, defensive Nidoqueen etc.

Honestly I don't see how reintroducing any of the current BL mons could get a different result than their first tests. Would rather focus on things in the tier to be suspected like Scald, Suicune, or Feraligatr.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Honestly I don't see how reintroducing any of the current BL mons could get a different result than their first tests. Would rather focus on things in the tier to be suspected like Scald, Suicune, or Feraligatr.
Gatr suspect would be nice tbh

I don't think that suspecting for suspects sake is a great idea. I'm actually incredibly pleased with this meta, and don't feel like anything is unbeatable or even specifically something to account for, which is saying something. For example you can run a "bird check" that functions for both Pidgeot and Aerodactyl, or a "bulky water check" that can beat both Suicune and Blastoise.

Gen 6 UU at the moment is, at least in my opinion, one of the best metas I've played and I honestly think the current best of all Smogon metas. The following reasons constitute my argument:
  • Every single playstyle is viable, stall, HO, bulky offense, balance, trick room and weathers, all have viable builds and do not require the same 6 team members to work
  • The top of the top threats, while great choices, are not unbeatable by any stretch. While they can capitalize off of mistakes and missed turns, most every team can still beat these threats without running a specific counter for a specific mon.
  • The current meta has been encouraging creativity, with mons from RU, NU and even some PU seeing usage here or there without being gimmicks. This is one of my favorite aspects of the current meta to be honest.
All in all, if I'm being completely honest, I don't want to suspect anything. Another beautiful part of being a lower tier is that drops will naturally stimulate the meta. It may make it better or worse, but I think we should play the current one until we see Mamoswine or someone come down to disrupt it all.

Personally, I still want to see Mega Heracross looked at for a suspect, but overall not gonna happen, most likely.

I do agree with all of Teal's stuff though.

My apologies to everyone - I didn't intend to derail the thread or make it go off-topic. Given the ubiquity of talk I've been seeing around the rest of the UU section about Mega Aerodactyl and how the opportunity cost to use other megas is generally higher, I guess I was under the impression that it was at a much higher percentage of usage, and therefore wondered if testing based on usage was a thing. Didn't mean to cause a fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)