Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this hasn't worked in the past, but I'm not sure on now: If I breed with two Power items (Say Lens and Bracer), will both of the selected IVs be passed down or just one chosen at random?
Yup, the selected IVs (special attack and attack) will pass down, but you're better off using Destiny Knot.

I know this hasn't worked in the past, but I'm not sure on now: If I breed with two Power items (Say Lens and Bracer), will both of the selected IVs be passed down or just one chosen at random?
I'm pretty sure only one at random will pass in this case, not both at once. And since you're likely going to want to keep a specific nature, and Destiny Knot passes five IV's randomly chosen from both parents...

Well, I'm more trying to get selected Hidden Power IVs, so being able to force some 30's when 31s are relatively more easy to identify with them. I'm aware of the Destiny Knot, but I just want 2 30's to start forcing the chains I want.

I tried a Staraptor with perfect HP and the HP power item with a 6 IV Ditto with the speed power item. The offspring only had attack and speed as its perfect stats. (In ORAS)

I asked about this earlier but didn't receive a full answer:

What strong evidence is there that the Movie 18 Arceus can legitimately be Shiny? I'm getting afraid that it was one piece of misinformation that got spread everywhere. Apparently its Wonder Card is a different color than that of a non-Shiny Movie 18 Arceus, but I haven't seen any pictures of such a Wonder Card or even any pictures of Shiny Arceus's status screen at all. Bulbapedia reports that all 19 Arceus have an equal chance of appearing and that a Shiny Arceus (the 19th variation) is always holding a Silk Scarf, but this contradicts other reports I've read stating that Shiny Arceus can be holding any item (which would also leave the probability of getting a Shiny Arceus up in the air).

Edit: Thanks Tortoise! Found what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I asked about this earlier but didn't receive a full answer:

What strong evidence is there that the Movie 18 Arceus can legitimately be Shiny? I'm getting afraid that it was one piece of misinformation that got spread everywhere. Apparently its Wonder Card is a different color than that of a non-Shiny Movie 18 Arceus, but I haven't seen any pictures of such a Wonder Card or even any pictures of Shiny Arceus's status screen at all. Bulbapedia reports that all 19 Arceus have an equal chance of appearing and that a Shiny Arceus (the 19th variation) is always holding a Silk Scarf, but this contradicts other reports I've read stating that Shiny Arceus can be holding any item (which would also leave the probability of getting a Shiny Arceus up in the air).
You may want to ask on WiFi SQSA thread. I recall someone saying before that he/she just got a Shiny Arceus and will be SR-ing the Arceus.

Question: in HGSS, is it possible to change the DS clock to farm Apricorns, or was the pause-all-ingame-events-for-24-hours-if-the-clock-is-changed mechanism still in place back then?

If it is possible, how do you do it?

Question: in HGSS, is it possible to change the DS clock to farm Apricorns, or was the pause-all-ingame-events-for-24-hours-if-the-clock-is-changed mechanism still in place back then?

If it is possible, how do you do it?
It's possible, just a little tricky. You set it to 23:59, start, then let the clock roll over I believe. It's really not worth it to farm Apricorns as you can just get one from each tree a day, so just keep gathering until you've a bunch and give a set to Kurt. Be sure you're done with getting the Pokemon from the Safari Zone that take several days to start showing up, for as soon as you screw with the clock the timer for the Safari Zone resets.

Um.
Do they use the Trainers X/Y sprites (Or whatever it's called), in the OR/AS Maison?
You don't have access to trainers from your friend list for multi battle in OR/AS, just Brendan/May, Wally, Steven, and Maxie/Archie. They do have their signature Mega Evolutions available though. Everyone else is whatever their trainer class' artwork/close up would be, which does have some returning from X/Y like Fairytale Girl, Hex Maniac, and Hiker. (and of course the Chatelaines themselves)

Can anyone suggest me the most efficient way to catch the lvl 30 Dittos in Friend Safari? I'd like to catch a lot of them over a short amount of time, but the 30 Catch Rate is annoying <.<

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can anyone suggest me the most efficient way to catch the lvl 30 Dittos in Friend Safari? I'd like to catch a lot of them over a short amount of time, but the 30 Catch Rate is annoying <.<
Capture O-power, False Swipe, Repeat Balls, that's all you need. You could use a Breloom for FS + Spore but you really don't need the status that badly. Remember to turn off move animations so you don't have to watch yourself use False Swipe over and over

Use a Magikarp as lead then swap to a catcher e.g. high levelled Spore/False Swipe Breloom? Alternatively, if you're just looking for good IV Dittos, there are people in WiFi forum who can help you with that. :)

Edit: Dang. Beaten to the punch >_<

cant say It's similar to something I was thinking of, yeah. Thanks for the suggestion^^ (Also yeah I generally turn animations off for mass captures and Maison streaks)

Tortoise: I've considered asking over Wifi but over the last 1-2 years the threshold of what's considered good has raised so much that I simply can't cope with anymore, so I would not have anything worth exchanging (Got mostly a few dozen penta IVs, but no shinies, no legs, no penta Dittos and all that)

cant say It's similar to something I was thinking of, yeah. Thanks for the suggestion^^ (Also yeah I generally turn animations off for mass captures and Maison streaks)

Tortoise: I've considered asking over Wifi but over the last 1-2 years the threshold of what's considered good has raised so much that I simply can't cope with anymore, so I would not have anything worth exchanging (Got mostly a few dozen penta IVs, but no shinies, no legs, no penta Dittos and all that)
You could try asking mostthe3rd for some giveaway Dittos. Link here

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Use a Magikarp as lead then swap to a catcher e.g. high levelled Spore/False Swipe Breloom? Alternatively, if you're just looking for good IV Dittos, there are people in WiFi forum who can help you with that. :)

Edit: Dang. Beaten to the punch >_<
AFAIK, Ditto doesn't copy the targets' catch rate when transforming anymore, so that old Magikarp trick doesn't work

AFAIK, Ditto doesn't copy the targets' catch rate when transforming anymore, so that old Magikarp trick doesn't work
Oh. When I said that, I was thinking of basically using a totally/next-to-useless poke for Ditto to transform into (esp. if it has Impostor) so that the catcher poke can do its job easily. (Forgot actually about the old copy catch rate trick actually till you mentioned it) Probably should've made myself clear on that. >_<

A Ditto at 1 HP in a Repeat Ball, either asleep or with a max level O-Power (Lv3, S, or Max) has a 100% chance of being caught.

I seem to only see X/Y sprites, not any OR/AS sprites in the Battle Maison..

Anyway, Stealth Rock or Spikes for Ferrothorn?
Breed in both so you can switch between them according to what your team needs, but Stealth Rock is usually the better option. Don't forget to breed in Leech Seed for recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)