- 25.4% to Critical Hit

[Set]

name: Full Attacker
move 1: Sky Attack
move 2: Double-Edge
move 3: Hyper Beam
move 4: Fire Blast / Rest / Mimic

[Set comments]

Even if Aerodactyl has an high Base Atk (that could be boosted thanks to 25% to Critical Hit) and one of the best Base Speed stats in RBY, it has a lot of problem in current OU metagame because of his really bad movepool. Hyper Beam and Double-Edge are the only weapons to exploit his 105 Base Atk in the best way. Fire Blast is the only move which could scary Golem and Rhydon thanks to his 30% to burn. If you feel lucky you could try to use Mimic to copy Earthquake or something useful to hurt them. Sky Attack needs two turns to attack and it is a very difficult move to use cause of Aerodactyl's fragility but with it you can put more pressure on Exeggutor that wouldn't switch-in so easy (since the moment that Double-Edge does ~21-24%), moreover a Sky Attack Critical Hit will kill common threats like Starmie (this is the most important kill for Aerodactyl), Tauros and Chansey. Rest can restore Aerodactyl's HP.

[Additional comments]

Unfortunately Aerodactyl doesn't have a lot of available options. Furthermore lack of a STAB probably is another reason of his very low usage in OU. Probably the only reason to use it in OU is to wall standard Earthquake Snorlax.

Last edited:
Not too much to comment about but the only reason to ever use Aerodactyl in OU is for the wall on EQ Snorlax. I'd get rid of Mimic in the main set and add Rest somewhere, probably over Fire Blast.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
you need to fix this with correct capitalization, correct spacing, and full sentences before i consider letting you write something to put onsite

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Because I'm not expecting these to be too indepth, please just put these in full sentences rather than in skeleton format.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Sky Attack is mandatory, it should not be slashed with Mimic.
It's one of its main selling points, taking advantage of its high CH ratio and its high Speed, as it can follow up with HBeam, providing GolDon are out of the way.
It also punishes Eggy switches (which takes 21.1 - 24.9% from DEdge), and can OHKO Chansey and Starmie with a crit.

I would order the moves like this:
move 1: Sky Attack
move 2: Double-Edge
move 3: Hyper Beam
move 4: Fire Blast / Rest

Last edited:
I edited moveset but I don't understand what move do you intend when you say "It also punishes Eggy switches (which takes 21.1 - 24.9% from DEdge), and can OHKO Chansey and Starmie with a crit." I think Sky Attack, right?

What could I add? I don't know x___x sorry

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
I meant that without Sky Attack, Exeggutor is a rather safe switch-in since it only takes 21.1 - 24.9% from Double-Edge.
And I meant a critical hit Sky Attack is a OHKO on Starmie, Gengar, Chansey, and sometimes Tauros (the most important one is Starmie on its switch-in anyway)

Hi, overview needs a big overhaul. Imo, points you should mention are its unique typing (and therefore resistance to Normal/Ground combo), and good offensive stats, which are contrasted by poor durability and barren movepool. I would explicitly state here that its only niche in OU is to wall EQ Lax, otherwise it is not remotely viable.

Just generally a lot of the stuff you've put in set/additional comments belongs in the overview. By this I mean talking about how Aero isn't good in OU and doesn't have a lot of options, stuff that is general and not really specific to the set.

Onto the set, I'm agreeing with Crystal, swap Fire Blast and Rest and get rid of Mimic. Mimic is an absolute trash move, while Rest is necessary to wall Lax, otherwise it can just keep bashing away at you. Fire Blast isn't a bad move in this case because GolDon otherwise counter Aero, but many of Aero's switchins really don't mind a burn since it stops them from taking para, which makes it really risky

The order in which you discuss each move should be the same as the order they appear in the set, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to read if you're looking for a specific explanation. The explanations themselves are alright I think, but a fair few sentences are awkward. But hey I'm no GP guy.

Could probably scrap additional comments, since there's literally nothing there

Next "big" thing is that you're missing C&C. I mean it's not as though it's difficult to check Aero but still.
Golem and Rhydon resist everything Aero can throw at them.
Zapdos is unafraid of Sky Attack, has good bulk and can Twave or try to OHKO with Tbolt
Cloyster, Slowbro and Lapras all have good bulk and hit Aerodactyl with STAB super effective moves (Cloy and Lap can potentially OHKO)
Specially attacking Snorlax beat Aero
Starmie paralyses and hits Aero super effectively but is OHKO'd by crit Sky Attack
Gengar is smashed by Sky Attack, but otherwise walls Aero and 2HKOs it with Tbolt.
If you can't KO Aero, then your best bet is to paralyse it as soon as possible

I also considered Egg for that list even tho it's weak to Sky Attack, it can para and can 2HKO with a bit of damage. Also considered Chansey, it's fat as fuck, Double Edge recoil is murder, para, 2HKOs, can even Reflect, but one crit and it's screwed so idk.

Edit: Honestly, Aero's niche is so tiny and it's so ineffective otherwise that I don't think it deserves an analysis at all

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)