Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just what kind of fighting game community doesn't know the names of special moves?
Do you honestly want us to memorize 12*51 (all default and custom moves together, including miis and excluding mewtwo/lucas) which is 612 ? That sounds like an extreme drag and could be made a lot more simpler if you could just say "bowser's side B" which people would understand and assume is the default side B, unless otherwise specifically stated "bowser's (custom move name here)" which is understandable seeing how its a custom move and people may not specifically know its number.

I certainly don't play other fighters and I don't care whether they memorize their names or not, but I, and many other people I'm sure, won't memorize 612 names just for sm4sh. Even if you exclude customs and it ends up being something in the hundreds, that's still a lot.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We all know they'll never make changes to the engine/physics/how shield works etc even if we want them to, I feel like it's too late at this point to make drastic changes like that.
We saw them change DI to Brawls iteration because of how crazy it made Wario so don't doubt it.

They also killed DACUS on 3DS so there was that as well.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do you honestly want us to memorize 12*51 (all default and custom moves together, including miis and excluding mewtwo/lucas) which is 612 ? That sounds like an extreme drag and could be made a lot more simpler if you could just say "bowser's side B" which people would understand and assume is the default side B, unless otherwise specifically stated "bowser's (custom move name here)" which is understandable seeing how its a custom move and people may not specifically know its number.

I certainly don't play other fighters and I don't care whether they memorize their names or not, but I, and many other people I'm sure, won't memorize 612 names just for sm4sh. Even if you exclude customs and it ends up being something in the hundreds, that's still a lot.
I don't see why a custom move can't generally just be called the same thing as its default variant. But if people can know the names of 700 Pokemon, they can know the names of special moves in smash. They always seemed to before. I don't even play this game and I knew what a Flying Smash was.

Maybe that's not your bag but don't call someone an ass because you don't want to google. Getting offended over that is just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't see why a custom move can't generally just be called the same thing as its default variant. But if people can know the names of 700 Pokemon, they can know the names of special moves in smash. They always seemed to before. I don't even play this game and I knew what a Flying Smash was.

Maybe that's not your bag but don't call someone an ass because you don't want to google. Getting offended over that is just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
I'm not offended by it, I'm just saying no one should have to go through the effort of googling something when everyone can easily know what side B is.

And just saying, I most certainly don't remember the names of 700 Pokemon either. In fact I forget the names of a lot of baby and mid evolved Pokemon because the broadly used Pokemon are fully evolved.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
So Mewtwo comes tomorrow (for those of us who registered both versions on Club Nintendo). Personally, depending on the feel of the character (namely if his physics feel similar enough to Lucario's), I may make him my tertiary main, as none of the characters barring my current mains (Yoshi and Lucario if you're wondering) really fit how I play that well.

May just be me, but Mewtwo is looking to be much better than he was in Melee. His hurtbox is smaller than in melee due to his tail being in a more upright position, his moves are harder to SDI out of, and his Up smash and side b seem to be buffed as the former KOes below 100%, while the latter works as an actual reflector now. His ground speed seems to be much better as well.

I do know all the names of all the Pokemon, and all of the special moves in Smash (including customs, ask if you must). It's just something I enjoy doing, and I don't even have a hard time learning them, it just happens...

Umm, sorry for being an ass? :$

Bowser glitch is not intentional. Probably the reason it was changed on 1.0.4 was that bowser was able to escape death if you were quick enough. Now it's the opponent that can escape death, and only on some stages, otherwise the game goes to sudden death. This almost certainly isn't intentional. I'm even fine if bowser dies first, just no escapable death and sudden death bullshit anymore.

On the subject of moves' name, I actually like calling them with their actual name :c. But even then i only know that of characters i widely use so i understand the inconvienency.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I just got my Mewtwo codes from a Nintendo Newsletter.

Some interesting stuff is coming out atm, stay tuned to Reddit and the like for updates. Moving pretty quickly now.

Supposedly Roy (FE) and Ryu (SF) are also being looked at as there are some files relating to them... We'll see soon I guess.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Does someone know how and when is Lucas coming out?

(Sorry if someone asked before, cba to read all these posts)

I keep reading on smashboards that mewtwo doesn't have custom moves. Do we have actual evidence of that or nobody has unlocked them so we don't know?

aVocado

@ Everstone
I keep reading on smashboards that mewtwo doesn't have custom moves. Do we have actual evidence of that or nobody has unlocked them so we don't know?
No one so far unlocked Mewtwo's custom moves so it's safe to assume they're not there unless we've all been super unlucky and NO ONE unlocked ANY custom in like 10 hours.

Supposedly, there is a specific message in the game that lets you know Mewtwo has no customs, probably when trying to create a custom set for him?

Damn Sakurai, why the hell you give him no customs? WHY? :(

I've tried to create a custom set for mewtwo, it doesn't say anything special. It's just like you were trying to create a set for a character you've no custom unlocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)