TLR's Lore, Legends, And More Action (LLAMA), brought to you by ASBet — Round Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Frosty
Hosted by Its_A_Random
Co-hosted by ZhengTann
Holy crap this tournament has title sponsors (The Legend Run and ASBet)

Lore, Legends And More Action Tournament

LLAMA is a Tournament that is done in the style of the ASB Factory Tournament and Sharing is Caring, Kinda tournament where what Pokémon you own is not relevant. The idea of LLAMA is to give you the chance to use any Pokémon you want except for those that are banned. This also gives people a chance to use one of the very powerful legendary Pokémon they would never have the chance to use otherwise. These Legendary Pokémon have been supplied in cages to use by one of our title sponsors: The Legend Run. In case you are wondering where they came from.

Battle Rules

Once the Tournament starts, a thread will be posted and it will house everyone's team. There will also be round threads, etc.

At the start of each round, the brackets will be chosen and referees for each match will be chosen. From there, you must PM the referee the three Pokémon from your team of five that you will use for the round. You have five days to do this. Once the referee gets both teams, they will post the battle. The Battle Rules and format will be talked about later.

Prizes

Battle
Winner: 3 CC, 5 UC
Loser: 3 CC
Referee: 1.5 × The usual payout (Generally 15 UC).

No counters for Pokémon.

Overall
1st place: Keep the Legend they chose + one non-legendary Pokémon they chose.
2nd place: Keep the Legend they chose.
3rd place: Keep one non-legendary Pokémon they chose.

Betting Ring

Instead of the usual predictions Tournament, we will instead host a betting ring where people can wage CC on the matches they want and gain CC out of it if they win the bet. We do not expect much in the way of matches with bets in the first couple of rounds due to size but later on this will be more relevant. This is where our other title sponsor: ASBet comes in, offering to be a bookie and mediate this whole betting thing. Here are the rules on betting:
  • At the start of a round, the betting ring will be open and people are free to bet on matches. The betting period lasts a week.
  • To bet on a match, PM Its_A_Random how much CC you are betting on each match you wish to bet on. You must have enough CC in your possession for your bet to be accepted. You will know that your bet has been accepted when Its_A_Random responds to the PM indicating it has been accepted.
  • At the end of the betting week, the betting ring will close. Its_A_Random will then post which matches have got enough "interest" with regards to betting (That is, there is a minimum total of 1 CC for both sides of the match) and post odds for those matches. This will be based on how much CC was spent in total for each player in the match in question. Its_A_Random will then post CC deductions for all users. You must deduct CC from your profile at this point.
  • At the end of the round, all matches with bets placed will be assessed with who won and Its_A_Random will post CC rewards for all users who placed a winning bet. This is equal to the amount of CC waged × betting odds with decimals rounded normally.
  • This then repeats for all remaining rounds.
  • Additionally there will be bets on who will win the tournament. This betting period will go for the same length as the normal betting periods but will re-open each round with the semi finals being the last time you can bet on who wins the tournament.
    • This works differently for odds. When the betting round ends for that round, whatever odds are displayed that round are the odds you get if you betted that round and if you win the bet, even though the odds will change over time.
      • e.g. I bet 2 CC on ZhengTann to win the LLAMA tournament round one and the odds are 10. If everyone flocks to ZhengTann in the semi finals and created odds of 1.1 and ZhengTann wins the tournament, then I will be payed 20 CC, not 2.2 -> 2 CC.
  • Betting will be unrestricted for now (you can even bet on your own matches for now) except you need CC to bet, but I reserve the right to hot-fix things if necessary, especially since this is the first time we are really doing this.

==============================

Format:
  • 36 participants will be split into 6 groups of 6 each.
  • 3 rounds of Swiss will be played, where the first round will have to be done with random seeding, and the other two based on your record.
    • This means we'll see a total of 16 matches per round for 3 rounds.
  • If you win a Swiss round, you score 1. If you lose, you score 0.
  • After 3 Swiss rounds, the two top-scoring players from each group will advance to the single elimination rounds.
  • In the event of a tie within any group, tie-breaker is determined by ratio of (Total HP percentage damage dealt) : (Total HP percentage damage taken)
  • What this means is that the first part is effectively double elimination and you will need to win 2 matches at least to have a chance of advancing.
In the single elimination, we get 12 players (quarter-finals) > 6 players (semi-finals) > 3 players (finals). So that is three rounds as well.

Finally, the three finalists play round-robin matches to determine their placing.

In the Swiss Rounds we will be a bit tighter on DQ and try to keep things going at a smooth pace, especially given everyone has three guaranteed matches with their team. The DQ rules will be relaxed a little bit after the Swiss Rounds.

We are currently in the Swiss Round stage of the tournament.

So for the battle rules in the Swiss Rounds (may change between rounds):

BATTLE RULES
3v3 Singles
Enforced 2 Day DQ Time for players, 3 for referees.
Each player has one DQ warning a match. Go over once, you will use your warning. Go over twice, you will be DQed. This will be at the discretion of the player or one of the hosts if the player takes too long. Referees going over DQ will probably be sacked and replaced.
Infinite Recoveries/Chills per Pokémon.
Three Substitutions per player excluding KO Substitutions.
One Mega Evolution
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON; you do not have to have the item in possession but the item must not be banned, similar to SICK (Banned Items: Soul Dew, Dark Stone, Light Stone, Diancite, Prison Bottle).
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
If there are matches still going on come Sunday the 24th of May at Midnight (GMT +00:00), then the DQ Times of those matches will shorten to 1 Day Player, 1 Day Referee.

Recap of the pools and the ladder:

Pool A: Elevator Music, deadfox081, ZhengTann, Rediamond, smashlloyd20, Texas Cloverleaf
Pool B: Vrin, Mulan15262, rickheg, Avnomke, S0L1D G0LD, Imanalt
Pool C: Eternal Drifter, Maxim, Canis Majoris, akela, Redew, AOPSUser
Pool D: Frosty, The Wanderer, Geodude6, Matezoide, P2X7, Complications
Pool E: Leethoof, Engineer Pikachu, zarator, Its_A_Random, SubwayJ, Birkal
Pool F: waterwarrior, Rainman Legends, Deck Knight, Gale Wing Srock, Mowtom, TSRD

POOL A

NAME - W - L - DF - DA - %
--------------------
Texas Cloverleaf - 2 - 0 - 620 - 523 - 118.55
Elevator Music - 2 - 0 - 610 - 562 - 108.54
--------------------
deadfox081 - 1 - 1 - 601 - 544 - 110.48
Rediamond - 1 - 1 - 579 - 539 - 107.42
ZhengTann - 0 - 2 - 540 - 600 - 90.00
smashlloyd20 - 0 - 2 - 478 - 660 - 72.42

POOL B

--------------------
Imanalt - 2 - 0 - 630 - 482 - 130.71
S0L1D G0LD - 2 - 0 - 498 - 407 - 122.36
--------------------
Avnomke - 1 - 1 - 590 - 497 - 118.71
VirajVora - 1 - 1 - 447 - 387 - 115.50
Vrin - 0 - 2 - 456 - 620 - 73.55
Mulan15262 - 0 - 2 - 412 - 640 - 64.38

POOL C

--------------------
Canis Majoris - 2 - 0 - 545 - 362 - 150.55
Maxim - 2 - 0 - 620 - 482 - 128.63
--------------------
AOPSUser - 1 - 1 - 504 - 423 - 119.15
Eternal Drifter - 1 - 1 - 509 - 564 - 90.25
Redew - 0 - 2 - 316 - 444 - 71.17
akela - 0 - 2 - 461 - 660 - 69.85

POOL D

--------------------
Frosty - 2 - 0 - 237 - 161 - 147.20
Matezoide - 1 - 1 - 329 - 253 - 130.04
--------------------
Geodude6 - 1 - 1 - 269 - 242 - 111.57
P2X7 - 1 - 1 - 427 - 409 - 104.40
The Wanderer - 1 - 1 - 378 - 503 - 75.15
Complications - 0 - 2 - 289 - 371 - 77.90

POOL E

--------------------
Birkal - 2 - 0 - 477 - 306 - 155.88
zarator - 1 - 1 - 434 - 419 - 103.58
--------------------
Engineer Pikachu - 1 - 1 - 404 - 400 - 101.00
Leethoof - 1 - 1 - 435 - 505 - 86.14
Its_A_Random - 1 - 1 - 253 - 325 - 77.85
SubwayJ - 0 - 2 - 211 - 259 - 81.47

POOL F

--------------------
TSRD - 2 - 0 - 630 - 437 - 144.16
Gale Wing Srock - 2 - 0 - 590 - 416 - 141.83
--------------------
waterwarrior - 1 - 1 - 544 - 588 - 92.52
Deck Knight - 1 - 1 - 342 - 447 - 76.51
Rainman Legends - 0 - 2 - 549 - 600 - 91.50
Mowtom - 0 - 2 - 350 - 517 - 67.70

Now for the matchups (For Pools with 2-1-1-1-1-0 records, RNG'd a winner and a 1, and a loser and a 1):

Pool A
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Elevator Music (Referee: Frosty) (Thread)
deadfox081 vs. Rediamond (Referee: Its_A_Random) (Thread)
ZhengTann vs. smashlloyd20 (Referee: Leethoof) (Thread)

Pool B
Imanalt
vs. S0L1D G0LD (Referee: Its_A_Random) (Thread)
Avnomke vs. Black Heart (Referee: Rainman Legends) (Thread)
Vrin vs. Mulan15262 (Referee: ZhengTann) (Thread)

Pool C
Canis Majoris vs. Maxim (Referee: deadfox081) (Thread)
AOPSUser vs. Eternal Drifter (Referee: waterwarrior) (Thread)
Redew vs. akela (Referee: TSRD) (Thread)

Pool D
Frosty
vs. Geodude6 (Referee: waterwarrior) (Thread)
Matezoide vs. The Wanderer (Referee: Gale Wing Srock) (Thread)
P2X7 vs. Complications (Referee: Rediamond) (Thread)

Pool E
Birkal vs. Its_A_Random (Referee: VirajVora) (Thread)
zarator vs. Engineer Pikachu (Referee: ZhengTann) (Thread)
Leethoof vs. SubwayJ (Referee: Mowtom) (Thread)

Pool F
TSRD vs. Gale Wing Srock (Referee: phoenixlegend) (Thread)
waterwarrior vs. Deck Knight (Referee: Avnomke) (Thread)
Rainman Legends vs. Mowtom (Referee: AOPSUser) (Thread)

Pool A
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Elevator Music
deadfox081 vs. Rediamond
ZhengTann vs. smashlloyd20

Pool B
Imanalt vs. S0L1D G0LD
Avnomke vs. VirajVora
Vrin vs. Mulan15262

Pool C
Canis Majoris vs. Maxim
AOPSUser vs. Eternal Drifter
Redew vs. akela

Pool D
Frosty vs. Geodude6
Matezoide vs. The Wanderer
P2X7 vs. Complications

Pool E
Birkal vs. Its_A_Random
zarator vs. Engineer Pikachu
Leethoof vs. SubwayJ

Pool F
TSRD vs. Gale Wing Srock
waterwarrior vs. Deck Knight
Rainman Legends vs. Mowtom

You have 5 days to send teams to your appropriate referees.

Referees: If you cannot finish a reffing, let me know in advance and I will get someone to sub-referee without jeopardising your hopes of refereeing in future rounds.

=============================

For this round, in case someone with at least one win next to their name does not want to play anymore, we will be accepting people to substitute in for a player who does not send in their teams this round. If someone gets subbed in, then they will inherit that player's record but they can create their own team. If their opponent has already sent their team, then they will have the chance to resend. This is so no one gets a bye or whatnot. Substitutes are first come first serve. We will let you know when you can send your group of five.

For those with zero wins who do not want to play anymore, we are willing to accept people who want to play in place of that user for fun. You will get the counters they would get if there is any incentive. We need ones for Pool D and E in particular since there is a player with a chance of making it to the next round in both pools.

=============================

Finally, betting ring. If you want to bet CC on a match or who you think will win the tournament, send me a PM titling how many CC you want to bet someone to win a specific match or the tournament. Your bet will be considered. At the end of the betting week I will post the matches which have interest for betting and their odds, as well as odds for tournament win. I will also post CC deductions. Would be nice for someone to have a go to help test this system out. We got no bets done last time so hopefully we can this time around. :|

This is also the final round of swiss so two thirds of the field will be eliminated this round. Also please be more swift this round as 58 days to complete Round Two is not exactly acceptable.

Okay that is about it, happy betting / battling / refereeing!

Last edited:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also we've gone 2 rounds without betting so I'll declare ASB tournaments henceforth to be free of gambling- I mean, I plead you guys to bet even though its a sinful action.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Redew has informed me he is not playing so we are going to need someone to play as Redew. Contact me if you are interested. Same thing for Complications and the inactive SubwayJ.

Also since rickheg quit, we need someone to sub in for him. He has a 1-1 record so you might get in to the second part of this tournament! :O

Pool A
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Elevator Music - <3 Emma, sorry Texas +_+
deadfox081 vs. Rediamond - Close battle, I like Red Diamond more than a dead fox :p
ZhengTann vs. smashlloyd20 - Zt is going to beat the first tourney Champ.

Pool B
Imanalt vs. S0L1D G0LD - Imanalt, you should not have said that you didn't know S0L1D G0LD. +_+
Avnomke vs. rickheg - Av facing his raid partner, this would be a gr8 battle.
Vrin vs. Mulan15262 - Vrin, win this dude! You got this!

Pool C
Canis Majoris
vs. Maxim - I like both of them, but Go Canis!
AOPSUser vs. Eternal Drifter - Both of them are gr8, and ED has Moltres <3.
Redew vs. akela - Akela the lone wolf! Owwww!

Pool D
Frosty
vs. Geodude6 - Frosty wins {Period}
Matezoide vs. The Wanderer - The Cool guys battle! <3 IAR and Zheng for this.
P2X7 vs. Complications - The first guy who taught me about substitutions. Go P2X7!

Pool E
Birkal
vs. Its_A_Random - I am just going to support my bro ^_^. No offense IAR!
zarator vs. Engineer Pikachu - The Gengar Gang! Both are really cool, it would be a close one.
Leethoof vs. SubwayJ - Awesome guys! Leethoof the host, getting DQ'd? R U kidding me? ^_^

Pool F
TSRD
vs. Gale Wing Srock - He wiped two favs of this pool, I don't want to imagine how hard he would beat me.
waterwarrior vs. Deck Knight - Both are cool, would be a great match.
Rainman Legends vs. Mowtom - Mowtom has had a string of bad match-ups, may be he is playing LLAMA for fun. Cheers to that!

All questions have been answered, thank you IAR ^_^

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I said I was going to let people play as the user except in the case of rickheg where there is a proper sub with counters involved for the former.

Pool A
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Elevator Music
deadfox081 vs. Rediamond no clue
ZhengTann vs. smashlloyd20 ^

Pool B
Imanalt vs. S0L1D G0LD
ooZyHLLQ5e8
fitting it seems.
Avnomke vs. rickheg
Vrin vs. Mulan15262

Pool C
Canis Majoris
vs. Maxim
AOPSUser vs. Eternal Drifter
Redew vs. akela

Pool D
Frosty
vs. Geodude6
Matezoide vs. The Wanderer
P2X7 vs. Complications

Pool E
Birkal
vs. Its_A_Random
zarator vs. Engineer Pikachu
Leethoof vs. SubwayJ

Pool F
TSRD
vs. Gale Wing Srock
waterwarrior vs. Deck Knight
Rainman Legends
vs. Mowtom

I might be bothered to add more reasonings later, aside from the obvious inactive players.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
VirajVora is substituting in for rickheg.

New Matchup:
Avnomke vs. VirajVora (Referee: Rainman Legends)

Avnomke may resend his team if he has already sent in.

I have also VMed every referee whose match they are refereeing is not up yet as to who has sent in their teams since five days have passed. Except Rainman Legends since substitutes.

*Insert shameless plug for betting that nobody cares about here*

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay only one match left to go up and given Engineer's activity, we definitely need a legitimate substitute.

Because I do not like Byes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
If no one wants to sub in a few days time I will have to open up a ghost slot for Engineer with the clause that he cannot make it to the knockout stages on the basis that he had to be replaced and no point having an inactive user in the knockout stages.

Alternatively Engineer comes back and sends his team.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Alright opening up a slot for someone to play as Engineer for this round. Contact me if you are interested as long as you are not in Pool E or you are already playing as someone else.

Because I have to get someone to play as Engineer in the first place due to his inactivity, Engineer will not be able to advance to the knockout stages and if he were to make it, whoever comes third in Pool E makes it instead.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
One week until deadline warning, which means I will be taking DQ times seriously now.

outside of my own match due to politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)