UU Simple Questions Thread

Okay so I have a question as I am not that familiar with the UU metagame. I know that you in the viability rankings can see what pokemon are best in the UU metagame atm. But I don't know what the most common sets for almost any of them are. I have played some UU, but I am probably not using the best possible sets. You don't learn what really is the best way to use pokemon through watching ShadyPenguinn, I mean, he uses Trevenant, which is in the bottom of the viability rankings iirc. So, my question is, is there any place where I can find what the best sets for the best pokemon in UU are, with a bit of an explenation for what role it plays in a team with that set?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The Smogon analysis pages aren't always perfectly up to date, but they're a pretty good place to start. Beyond that, there's #xyuu on SynIRC and the UU room on the PS main server. And if you have a question about something specific, there's always this thread...

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are a few counters to stopping Crocune?
Apart from the ones mentioned by Ununhexium, you can usually use the common Grass-types, Electric-types and Water immunities with either a setup move or a phazing move (i.e SD Toxicroak or RoarCune), Psychic CM users usually beat it due to Psyshock as well.

Also, a physical wallbreaker that doesn't mind a burn could potentially do some damage to suicune, like say machamp and/or heracross

Apart from the ones mentioned by Ununhexium, you can usually use the common Grass-types, Electric-types and Water immunities with either a setup move or a phazing move (i.e SD Toxicroak or RoarCune), Psychic CM users usually beat it due to Psyshock as well.
Also, a physical wallbreaker that doesn't mind a burn could potentially do some damage to suicune, like say machamp and/or heracross
Heliolisk, Toxicroak, and Jellicent are all good at stopping CroCune
I see. Thanks for the Suggestions. Suicune was the reasonm I quit UU. I might give it a try with these suggestions :)

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
One reminder, Gorechomp, if you choose to use Jellicent make sure you have Taunt and at least 204 speed evs to outrun 0 spe Suicune, otherwise you'll just get pp stalled. It's probably a good idea to run a few more points of speed as well since Crocune commonly creeps for other Suicune.

One reminder, Gorechomp, if you choose to use Jellicent make sure you have Taunt and at least 204 speed evs to outrun 0 spe Suicune, otherwise you'll just get pp stalled. It's probably a good idea to run a few more points of speed as well since Crocune commonly creeps for other Suicune.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

In theory, could some of the smgon community agree they dont want something in the tier, for what ever reason, and over use it in ou? Like could we use pidgeot in ou, like grind it out, and get it over 4 percent to get banned?... in theory

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There was also the incident last gen with Absol, Emboar, and Amoonguss rising pretty much due to some people on the ladder spamming it in RU and forfeiting their matches immediately. This has since been countered in usage stats by adding weight based on your account rank (I'm not sure if stats were weighted before, but this changed the way they were weighted at the very least). Pretty much, you would have to spam Pidgeot and also do incredibly well with it across that insane number of battles.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There was also the incident last gen with Absol, Emboar, and Amoonguss rising pretty much due to some people on the ladder spamming it in RU and forfeiting their matches immediately. This has since been countered in usage stats by adding weight based on your account rank (I'm not sure if stats were weighted before, but this changed the way they were weighted at the very least). Pretty much, you would have to spam Pidgeot and also do incredibly well with it across that insane number of battles.
Also I'm pretty sure if a battle is forfeited withing like the first 6 turns or something it doesn't affect the usage stats but I may be wrong on that

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it's not a secret, it won't happen because:
Pretty much, you would have to spam Pidgeot and also do incredibly well with it across that insane number of battles.
Antar changed the way usage stats are done in order to stop stuff like this. check out this thread.

Technically Gothorita didn't get banned, Shadow Tag did.

Anyway, the answer is Eviolite because it allowed Goth to guarantee getting to +6 +6 or a free kill against a good amount of Pokemon, especially walls. Scarf was too slow and weak to be reliable.

So i was going to run a muk on my team with the moveset

shadow sneak
Ice punch
Poison Jab
Curse

I forgot about curse and shadow sneak being egg moves and got me a shiny one i want to use. Any suggestions on what moves to use instead?

So i was going to run a muk on my team with the moveset

shadow sneak
Ice punch
Poison Jab
Curse

I forgot about curse and shadow sneak being egg moves and got me a shiny one i want to use. Any suggestions on what moves to use instead?
I suggest not running Muk in uu due to its pour stats and its ability not to achieve kills without a massive amount of support. If you are looking for a physical poison type with similar coverage, try Toxicroak. If you want something with curse, try snorlax. Also, I suggest checking out the UU Viability rankings if you are interested in what pokemon in UU work. Good Luck :]
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch / Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So, my question is, is there any place where I can find what the best sets for the best pokemon in UU are, with a bit of an explenation for what role it plays in a team with that set?
Some of the sets are listed on the strategy dex here, but sometimes some can be a bit out of date. If you read the analyses, they'll have enough info for you to figure out the general roles different Pokémon can play on a team and you can go from there on making specific sets for your team. If you can't find what you need for a specific Pokémon you can also try searching the UU forums as a whole with the search bar.

Okay so I have a question as I am not that familiar with the UU metagame. I know that you in the viability rankings can see what pokemon are best in the UU metagame atm. But I don't know what the most common sets for almost any of them are. I have played some UU, but I am probably not using the best possible sets. You don't learn what really is the best way to use pokemon through watching ShadyPenguinn, I mean, he uses Trevenant, which is in the bottom of the viability rankings iirc. So, my question is, is there any place where I can find what the best sets for the best pokemon in UU are, with a bit of an explenation for what role it plays in a team with that set?
You can mostly tell what roles certain mons fit simply by looking at their stats, typing, ability and movepool. Experiment a little - if there's a mon that frequently appears on opposing teams that gives you problems, put a mon which 1. checks that mon and 2. fills other roles as well.

But basically, say you wanted to use a Feraligatr. Feraligatr has a large attack stat, decent speed, Sheer Force and Dragon Dance. So clearly you should use it as a sweeper. Cradily has crap offensive capability but is solid on the defense - it should be used as a utility or stall pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)