Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll update the replays section in a bit, but I'd just like to say I've been loving the battles so far this round. Not sure if it's just a fun ingredient or if the chefs have all really stepped up their games, but this round has already been really fun (at least from the Chairman's perspective).

Honestly I envy marth here; if I had 3 seperate ways to beat SS Cloyster and each one of them was para/flinch haxed down and then by opponent followed it up with an "XD" at the end, I would either be in the news for committing suicide over a video game or I would go hiking in the mountains to think about my life.
I felt honestly so bad I was expecting a loss the whole game. I couldnt express how sorry I felt and I use XD alot its a habit of mine

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
And this round's challengers have been off to a great start!

Our first challenger was Euphonos, who brought a titillating dish that tickled the palate with an amuse bouche of Cloyster and Hypnosis Bronzong, and finished things off with a gamy cut of Linoone. Once Hypnosis Bronzong bought him a free turn, Iron Chef xMarth was unable to stop his Linoone, and Euphonos took things home with a very impressive 6-0 victory.

Our second challenger, R0ady, also proved victorious. With a spicy dish that began with a shellfish course of Forretress, Kingdra and Cloyster to clear the palate for the fiery Darmanitan and Entei, he powered through Iron Chef Christo the Gr8's team, becoming our second successful challenge of the round.

Our third challenger, Yellow Skarmory, played a tight match against Iron Chef xMarth but was unable to pull it out in the end. YS's dish involved a cold appetizer of dual screens Azelf and Mega-Glalie, but it appeared to have trouble against xMarth's Taunt Aero. Some timely criticals brought the game close, however, and in the end it looked as if it could go in either direction. Iron Chef xMarth kept a cool head and won a tight 1-0 match.

LilOuOn was our fourth challenger, and he managed to break through Iron Chef Christo the Gr8's balance team with a dish that featured a refreshing salad of Healing Wish LO Shaymin to keep LilOu's sweepers, Feraligatr and Lucario, healthy. That Feraligatr proved to be Iron Chef Christo's undoing, and LilOuOn won handily 3-0.

Challenger vexyyyy brought a controversial dish involving double Duggy support in an effort to hold up the assertive flavors of Shell Smash Cloyster and Belly Drum Darmanitan. Though it seemed as if Iron Chef xMarth had the upper hand, some timely flinches from Cloyster's King's Rock allowed the challenger to break through all of his counters, and vexyyyy pulled ahead as the victor.

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hogg will we be allowed to use the new drops (assuming we get some)?
This is really important to clear up in all honesty but I personally think teams that have been made and games played before the drops should be seperated from teams built and games played post drops. This makes it so early builders such as R0ady and vexyyy aren't at a disadvantage when we rate effectiveness in the meta and they don't have to rebuild a team to help boost their scores. Maybe the drops won't matter that much but it seems unfair if say r0ady had a team super weak to mamo so it lost points just cause he built it before the drops.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I agree.

Teams that were submitted before today are to be treated as though they exist in the pre-May meta. Teams submitted today and later are to be treated as though they exist in the post-May meta.

Please note that if you have sent me a team but not yet played your first Iron Chef battle, you can still revise your team so that it works better within the current meta. For those who have already submitted teams and played their first battle, if you decide to make an additional Iron Chef challenge, please make sure to let the chef you are challenging know, so that they do not bring a post-May drops team against you.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Iron Chef Hairy Toenail's strong plays killed my chance of sweeping with Linoone, but it was a close match nonetheless. GG.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Looks like I'm missing a replay - I was sure Nightingales challenged an Iron Chef, and I recall seeing the battle, but now I can't find the replay. Anyone have it somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)