Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im horrible at teambuilding :| suprised i made even a good enough team to hang in there. ty for judging me, i really couldn't think that well while building the team (i did make it after 11:00 pm and wrote the description at around 12:00 am…)
EDIT: i'm expecting to be like in the bottom 3.

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Originality: 3/5
Team looks pretty decent, but nothing really too original outside of Bronzong and the efficient use of Hypnosis.

Use of the Theme: 3/5
Explosion and Memento are the only real Self KO moves that were used tbh. It honestly feels more slapped on than a main ingredient.

Effectiveness of team: 6/10
While you did win thanks to Linoone, your team is extremely weak to hazards and your team got walled by RestTalk Snorlax in that second match coupled with a few hazards.

Total: 9/20
Apologies, but there is a miscalculation in the total score.

Last edited:
my description isn't there but it is to set up rocks and memento mons that don't have roar etc. I memento to get the to -2 or -4 then set up with whatever mon and either sweep or weaken the enemy. YES I KNOW Its a crappy ass team and I will get hate and not win but I was bored and always wanted to run it. I honestly feel bad using it but hey. DIGLETT :]

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
ORIGINALITY: 5 points. The use of Linoone in UU is very bold as if it can get set up, everything dies, lol. Heck you won your Iron Chef battle because of it. You also had some weird moves like Hypnosis on Bronzong and Discharge on Mega Ampharos.
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. To be honest, I feel like you just fit the "easy" mons on this team to fit the quota. Although it doesn't get only 1 point because Memento is on Chandelure and not Whimsicott.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. While the team looks solid, it seems to be based on surprise value and as such can not be seen as effective in "regular play".

TOTAL: 14 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 2 points. While Cloyster isn't seen as much, the sets are pretty standard for HO.
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. Team depends on the momentum given from Forry and Cloyster and as such deserves the points.
EFFECTIVENESS: 8 points. The use of Explosion Forry to gain momentum is fun and Cloyster to Explode post-Smashing if needed are both great af ideas. Also fk Christo for running Tect on MPidge.

TOTAL: 13 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. Lead Screens Zelf is a cool idea alongside Mega Glalie (who is hugely underrated imo especially now with Mega Snow and Mamoswine in the tier).
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. This team appreciates the momentum, yet it seems to counteract it as they suck the momentum off themselves with one wrong prediction.
EFFECTIVENESS: 5 points. The team looks good, but sadly wasn't as effective in practice.

TOTAL: 12 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. Diglett.
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. You have an "original" Memento user in Diglett, never seen in UU, and you use it along with Cloyster and Dugtrio effectively.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. While you won, you won in the most horribad way and I do not condone horribad play, lol.

TOTAL: 15 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. SubPetaya Empoleon is so Gen 5 and glad to see it on this team again, :)
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. Seems like you were just trying to fill the quota with Lead Elf, although +1 for using Healing Wish Shaymin.
EFFECTIVENESS: 8 points. You won the game by keeping momentum on your side and getting that crit on Umbreon.

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. Weird af sun team that looks fun.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. Use of SD Shiftry on sun w/ Explosion is pretty cool alongside Healing Wish Shaymin.
EFFECTIVENESS: 3 points. While this team looks fun, it is just not viable whatsoever and doesn't look to be effective in the current metagame.

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. SD Lickilicky and Lunar Dance Cresselia look amazing.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. Unique use of the theme with Lunar Dance Cress and SD Explosion Lickilicky, both of which are not seeing little or any usage in UU and Memento Chandelure, which has been rising in usage I noticed.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. You won your Iron Chef battle and the team looks like a higher ladder team.

TOTAL: 16 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. Explosion Regirock and TR BoomZong.
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. Both are unique mons, however I feel the team doesn't necessarily benefit from the Pokemon.
EFFECTIVENESS: 4 points. While the mons look like a decent UU team, the sets are a bit unorthodox and unfortunately not in a good way.

TOTAL: 10 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 3 points. Original use of Mega Glalie but otherwise the team looks standard.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. I like how the team can benefit from the momentum of the kamikaze moves, although the team itself is standard, and as such this team deserves the points.
EFFECTIVENESS: 6 points. While you did lose your Iron Chef battle, I do believe this team could effectively work in high ladder play and as such deserves a decent amount of points.

Judge Dredd strikes again!

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. The use of Linoone in UU is very bold as if it can get set up, everything dies, lol. Heck you won your Iron Chef battle because of it. You also had some weird moves like Hypnosis on Bronzong and Discharge on Mega Ampharos.
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. To be honest, I feel like you just fit the "easy" mons on this team to fit the quota. Although it doesn't get only 1 point because Memento is on Chandelure and not Whimsicott.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. While the team looks solid, it seems to be based on surprise value and as such can not be seen as effective in "regular play".

ORIGINALITY: 2 points. While Cloyster isn't seen as much, the sets are pretty standard for HO.
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. Team depends on the momentum given from Forry and Cloyster and as such deserves the points.
EFFECTIVENESS: 8 points. The use of Explosion Forry to gain momentum is fun and Cloyster to Explode post-Smashing if needed are both great af ideas. Also fk Christo for running Tect on MPidge.

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. Lead Screens Zelf is a cool idea alongside Mega Glalie (who is hugely underrated imo especially now with Mega Snow and Mamoswine in the tier).
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. This team appreciates the momentum, yet it seems to counteract it as they suck the momentum off themselves with one wrong prediction.
EFFECTIVENESS: 5 points. The team looks good, but sadly wasn't as effective in practice.

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. Diglett.
USE OF THE THEME: 3 points. You have an "original" Memento user in Diglett, never seen in UU, and you use it along with Cloyster and Dugtrio effectively.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. While you won, you won in the most horribad way and I do not condone horribad play, lol.

TOTAL: 15 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. SubPetaya Empoleon is so Gen 5 and glad to see it on this team again, :)
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. Seems like you were just trying to fill the quota with Lead Elf, although +1 for using Healing Wish Shaymin.
EFFECTIVENESS: 8 points. You won the game by keeping momentum on your side and getting that crit on Umbreon.

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. Weird af sun team that looks fun.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. Use of SD Shiftry on sun w/ Explosion is pretty cool alongside Healing Wish Shaymin.
EFFECTIVENESS: 3 points. While this team looks fun, it is just not viable whatsoever and doesn't look to be effective in the current metagame.

ORIGINALITY: 5 points. SD Lickilicky and Lunar Dance Cresselia look amazing.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. Unique use of the theme with Lunar Dance Cress and SD Explosion Lickilicky, both of which are not seeing little or any usage in UU and Memento Chandelure, which has been rising in usage I noticed.
EFFECTIVENESS: 7 points. You won your Iron Chef battle and the team looks like a higher ladder team.

TOTAL: 16 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 4 points. Explosion Regirock and TR BoomZong.
USE OF THE THEME: 2 points. Both are unique mons, however I feel the team doesn't necessarily benefit from the Pokemon.
EFFECTIVENESS: 4 points. While the mons look like a decent UU team, the sets are a bit unorthodox and unfortunately not in a good way.

TOTAL: 10 / 20

ORIGINALITY: 3 points. Original use of Mega Glalie but otherwise the team looks standard.
USE OF THE THEME: 4 points. I like how the team can benefit from the momentum of the kamikaze moves, although the team itself is standard, and as such this team deserves the points.
EFFECTIVENESS: 6 points. While you did lose your Iron Chef battle, I do believe this team could effectively work in high ladder play and as such deserves a decent amount of points.

Judge Dredd strikes again!
How did i get the second most points with this team?... xD

Reactions: nv

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Love the team and all its Linoone glory! Hypnosis brongzong although not reliable is still a very fun addition to the team. Cloyster having explosion is really cool. You do have some common pokes and strats on your team but the overall perception is abnormality!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4 Explosion on cloyster allows you to kill empoleon before dying hence going for rockblast as it goes for scald and then killing off with Explosion. Memento, as explained in your desc, can optimize a sweep for linoone. Although its pretty situational to actually benefit more from locking yourself into memento instead of going for a powerful stab attack, I believe it ideed works well on your team.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 6 Your team is rather slow and susceptible to fast wall breakers/ sweepers. I know you have stun spore priority but its unreliable. Linoone has priority but its rather weak before the BD. As stated in your desc, your team is weak to T spikes and other entry hazards. I feel bad for you every time entei comes in.
Overall: 13.5

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Looks super fun! Double fire spam and sceptile and cloyster to break through waters looks amazing. Plus you have a seahorse resto chesto which is totally old school in a good way.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 5 Your strat with the cloyster's explosion and getting rocks up is Kamakazii at its finest. Plus you have not one but two pokemon with flareblitz. I see explosion working very well with your team.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 5 Rocks. Scarf Mienshoa just wins. Maero just wins. Although your team has a good idea to it, I feel the meta was not considered in the making.

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3 Like the team line up. Has two super hard spAtt hitters from opposite sides of typing. Glalie showing up. two choice scarfers. Other than that nothing really to see.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3 Explosion glalie is actually really good with it killing what it can and exploding when it dies to do massive damage or pick up a KO. I really hate what you have done with azelf. although setting up screens, rocks, and exploding is a descent strat, you are forces to explode on something you want to kill. Screens doesn't even help your team that well as you have no set up sweepers.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 4 You dont have ice shard on glalie making your team really weak to scarf salamence. Maero is a big problem. There is a lot of pressure on your mienshoa staying alive which is always bad for a pokemon so frail and doesnt have guaranteed damage with stab. Although I like the outlook the composition is trash.
Overall: 10

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 5 Fuck your diglett
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4 do to your numerous sweepers, memento duggies become very effective. Explosion on cloyster recks bulk waters making it possible for darm to get a bd sweep.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 8 As much as I hate the idea of this team, it matches up very well against most teams. Duggies make it hard to set u rocks for the fear they may be banded. Darm sets up on Florges. That cloyster can literally flinch through walls. With two pokes having the ability to set up rocks, it usually ensure they will always be up. It seems stupid that this would work but it does.
  • Some of his descriptions is wrong compared to the battle so I would consider that!
Overall: 17

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 2 Pretty standard stuff here. The composition of wall breakers was pretty unique though and Agility Empoleon is always nice.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4 Healing wish on shaymin leaves oppurtunity for things that may only have 1 turn to try to sweep to try again late game such as luc and empoleon. Azelf sets up rocks and explodes to keep them there.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 7 Great team that favors the meta pretty nicely. You lose a lot of opportunity when running sweeping empoleon since you could use a defogger a stealth rocker and a Maero check. I know you were aiming for HO but a descent balance coming out of this seems more effective.
Overall: 13

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 5 LMAO this team is so funny. Sun is cool. Whimmi has four support moves :P. Normal gem shiftry lol. Power up punch? like wtf lol
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 2 Explosion shiftry has no benefits as I can see its just there. You got 2 because healing wish shaymin can be useful but thats it.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 3 relies way too heavily on sun being up. Maero wrecks. In fact a lot of things wreck once whimi is dead (no tailwind). I really wish you put sucker punch on shift over explosion. Just too many holes in the team to be effective.

Overall: 10

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Lickitung so awesome and custap too. Two psychic screeners is funny. Magic coat cress. Other srt up sweepers are standard.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 screens rocks explode ok but once again I hate explode being only attacking move. Forces you into so many unnecessary situations. SD kill with return after hit and explode on next poke. Kinda situational but very effective if all goes well.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 6 actually not a bad team other than the fact its taunt bait. No defogger makes me sad but its a sweeper team so its... ok. Azelf set is aweful. Run taunt and fire blast over screens. Screens on cress work pretty well. everthing gets widdled. He could have won all his Iron chef battles if he played it a little differently.

Overall: 13

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 5 ★Decision Makers:i swear this team is random
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 2 was hoping to memento liligant but sadly no. Explosion ok on brongzong but other than that its just there.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 4 ★Decision Makers:i swear this team is random. It compensates for some threats but overall a terrible team that might get some wins in low ladder.

Overall: 11

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3 Spikes glalie is coool. Defensive blastoise also needs more love. Also like calm mind chandy but the rest and the concept of your team is farely normal.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4 Healing wish on shaymin allows for the team not to get swept. Like healing up blastoise so Mega Sharp or Swamp doesnt tear through. Eplosion Glalie is really good and with your spike set it works out well. Overall the team benefits from it.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 6.5 Please people put ice shard on your glalies because sally is a threat. I know you have ice beam blastoise and slurpuff but blastoise gets widdled and t spikes destroy your team. A lot of pressure on your blastoise which has no reliable recovery. Magneton is great for getting rid of steel types stopping your slurpuff sweep.

Done editting!

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for judging, all. I'm going to close judging on Friday. (My own scores should be up Thursday.) I'll start a PM with the current judges to pick next round's ingredient.

in future rounds, what do you think of the suggestion to drop the highest and lowest scores? imo it could be a neat way to adjust for judge preferences, but what do y'all think?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry for the delays, all. Judging incoming!

Euphonos
  • Originality: 5. Boom Cloyster, neat. Oh, hey, I like that Hypnosis Bronzong a lot, and... holy shit, is that a Linoone? Plus you've got Discharge Amphy hanging out there to surprise anything that might want to switch in expecting Bolt with a possible para, and Memento on Specs Chandy - I've seen Memento Chandy before, but never with Specs. So what looks like a somewhat standard team plus Linoone turns out to have a lot of really fun choices.
  • Use of the Theme: 3.5. In theory you can take advantage of Boom Cloyster to wallbreak for a Linoone sweep, even if it didn't work out in practice (possibly because Explosion on Cloyster was expected by the Chefs). Memento on Chandy is nice, although with the low Speed I'm a bit skeptical. I'd almost prefer Scarf there, although then you'd lack any real wallbreakers beyond Cloyster. So you do alright in this category even if you don't blow me away. You're a little above average though because while not strictly a kamikaze move by the rules of the contest, Belly Drum certainly is one in spirit.
  • Effectiveness: 7. I think this is a really cool team with a lot of potential. If it can take the opponent by surprise, I can see it doing really well in this meta. On the other hand, you really heavily rely on Linoone to sweep, which is risky considering Linoone's 78/61/61 defenses. As we saw in the match against Iron Chef Toenail, without Linoone to carry the team home, this team has trouble against fairly common threats.
TOTAL: 15.5.

r0ady
  • Originality: 3.5. Boom Cloyster and RestoChesto Kingdra are the real unique things here, and deserve a boost, even if the rest of the team is fairly standard.
  • Use of the Theme: 4. Your kamikaze moves definitely feel like a major part of the team, whether they're to block Defog/Rapid Spin or to open up bulky waters for your dual Fire spam to run away with things. Also, there's little that's quite as kamikaze as Darmanitan, even if it doesn't technically qualify as kamikaze by the rules of the contest. You didn't necessarily do anything new and exciting with the theme, but you made really good use of it regardless.
  • Effectiveness: 7. OK, yeah, there are a bunch of issues with this team. 3 rocks weaknesses with no spinner, Scarf Mienshao and ScarfMence just eats your team, etc. I get it. But this is hyper offense and you can actually play around a lot of those things by playing really aggressively, which suits this team.
TOTAL: 14.5.

Yellow Skarmory
  • Originality: 2. Glalie was the only really interesting thing on your team, and that seemed like it was mostly there to fulfill the IC requirements. I won't give this a 1 because it's certainly not a standard team, but it was the closest to it of all the teams displayed this round.
  • Use of the Theme: 2.5. And I'm not really sure what Glalie really does for you, truth be told. It's a neat wallbreaker but doesn't actually seem to fit in well with the rest of the team. Dual Screens Zelf to set up PZ works I guess, but in general the theme seems kind of added on at the end. I'll give a little boost for using some other kamikaze-esque moves, but overall this didn't impress me much.
  • Effectiveness: 5. It's hard to give you a super low score here, because screens into double dance PoryZ will sweep unprepared teams. That said, I can't really see this doing consistently well either on the ladder or in tours. I think there's a decent team buried within this dish, but it needs some cleaning up to do to really work.
TOTAL: 9.5.

vexyyyy
(NOTE: There were some discrepancies between the team that was used against Iron Chef xMarth and the team that was submitted to the chairman. I'm going to score off of the team submitted to the chairman, because otherwise the best I can do is guess at your sets.)
  • Originality: 4.5. Double duggy support and BD Darm are basically unheard of in UU. The rest was pretty standard, keeping you from getting a perfect score here, but that's still enough to let you score near the top of the pack in Originality.
  • Use of the Theme: 5. You have two BD sweepers and a double dance PZ, and with Duggy's ability to trap and Memento to allow them to set up... you use this theme, it's central to your team concept as a whole, and you use it in a fairly original way. That in my opinion deserves top marks.
  • Effectiveness: 6. OK, Slurpuff alone probably is worth a 6 right now. But... despite the fact that you won your IC match, I really can't see this team being effective in the current meta. As your replay showed you have definite issues with bulky waters, which are on almost every team, and the team you submitted won't even have the option of flinching past counters with King's Rock since your Cloyster is packing White Herb. You have no rocks to break Sturdy or soften up the opposing team, and really bulky threats like Forry will have a field day with you, as it can live a Fire Punch from BD Darm thanks to Sturdy to do that last 25% to you. Neat idea, and I think the double Duggy setup has merit, but overall this team didn't cry out as terribly effective to me.

LilOuOn
  • Originality: 3.5. I'm not going to pretend that boom + setup sweepers like Luke and Gatr was anything but expected. That said, you managed to snag an above average score with your inclusion of the rarely-seen Agility Petaya Empoleon (not a new set of course, but uncommon for this gen) and your cool HW Shaymin, who can pull double duty as a wallbreaker and a way to bring your sweepers back from the dead.
  • Use of the Theme: 4. Solid use of the theme overall - you use Explosion to maintain momentum and Healing Wish (one of the only ones to use this) to keep your sweepers alive, and your team is fast-paced and offensive enough to really feel like a kamikaze team, which was enough to bump you up to a 4 in my books.
  • Effectiveness: 8. I think this is one of the teams this round with the most potential - your team seems like it would consistently do well in the UU metagame, although even with SD Gatr I suspect you might have some trouble against a well-played stall team. Still, with some underrated threats and a whole boatload offensive pressure, I think this team is one of the best of the bunch.
Nightingales
  • Originality: 5. No question here. Sun team on a kamikaze? PUPpert? Normal Gem Explosion Shiftry? Hex Chandy (without WoW or T-Spikes to back it up)? Almost nothing here could be called expected.
  • Use of the Theme: 4. We have our second appearance of Healing Wish here, which is always cool. You also get bonus points for having three kamikaze mons on your team.
  • Effectiveness: 2. ...unfortunately, originality and viability aren't always the same thing. This team wholly lacks synergy. Your main sweeper runs Explosion, you're running a Hex Chandy with very little status on your team, your EV spreads seem arbitrary and sometimes downright incorrect (such as the Serious Whimsi with even defensive split), your Swampert is attempting to be offensive but can't scratch anything that resists or is immune to Ground, etc. Also, this is a pet peeve of mine, but Normal Gem is basically useless unless you're using it as a lure. It gives the same boost as Life Orb, only Life Orb will boost your other attacks as well. It can work alright as a lure if, say, you want to bluff AV Snorlax or something (don't use AV Snorlax tho) and then surprise with a boom, but in the case of Shiftry, it would have really liked to have those LO boosts on the rest of its attacks. I think this looks like a really fun team, and one I might play with a bit myself, but I can't consider it viable in the metagame right now.
TOTAL: 11.

Geopolitics

• Originality: 4. That Lickilicky is incredibly cool, not even going to lie. Dual Screen Lunar Dance Cress is also a rare sight. The rest of the team is fairly expected for the ingredient (kamikaze and dangerous set-up sweepers go hand in hand, so I was really expecting to see a lot of Feraligatr, Slurpuff and Luke), but those in particular let you rise above the rest.
  • Use of the Theme: 5. In addition to the fun and underrated Lunar Dance Cress, you have a really cool option in Custap SD Explosion Lickilicky. With Licki's bulk meaning that a lot of attacks can only hope to bring it into Custap range at best, you have a really nasty surprise waiting for just about any defensive wall. It's a really fun lure that I plan to play with more, and was a unique take on the Secret Ingredient. Also, Trick + Memento Scarf Chandy is obviously the best Scarf Chandy, and you get bonus points for having a whopping FOUR kamikaze mons, plus a Belly Drummer. In my opinion, this team was best in class for use of theme.
  • Effectiveness: 7. So this team looks like it's pretty solid, with the screens plus a lot of dangerous sweepers that let you power through much of the UU metagame, as well as a neat lure in Licki. But it definitely has some issues, as evinced in your Iron Chef battles. Despite the presence of Slurpuff, things like Taunt Hydreigon really wreck your team. I don't know, I feel like this team has potential, and I'm not really sure what I'd change to make it better - I'd probably drop Azelf for a more reliable Rocker I guess, since Cress has the bulk to set up screens multiple times in a match.
TOTAL: 16.

Decision Makers

• Originality: 5. Dang, you really did not like getting slammed on originality last round, did you? This team more than makes up for it - Taunt Qwilfish, Lilligant, Colbur TR Bronzong, AV Regirock - heck, your most standard option after Krook was probably Virizion, which is definitely saying something.
  • Use of the Theme: 3. Well, you've got some interesting kamikaze options. TR Explosion Bronzong is neat as a way to set up Trick Room and explode into a TR sweeper, but it would have been more impressive if you'd actually had something to take advantage of it. Boom Regi is cool, but with that base 100 Attack and no boosting item it's only doing so-so. So you do alright here, but not spectacular.
  • Effectiveness: 4. I'm... not really sure what I'm looking at. There are a bunch of cool ideas here that seem like they were randomly slapped onto a team. Your team description "its random" seems to confirm that. TR Explosion Bronzong with nothing to take advantage of Trick Room, AV Regirock for no real reason that I can see, Lilligant without Chlorophyll to at least give it a fast Sleep Powder to help it set up - yeah, there are problems here. Each individual set isn't bad, and could work on a team built around it, but the team feels like it has no real synergy, and won't do well outside of low ladder games.
TOTAL: 12.

daedalus1103

(NOTE: There were some discrepancies between the team that was used against Iron Chef xMarth and the team that was submitted to the chairman. I'm going to score off of the team submitted to the chairman, because otherwise the best I can do is guess at your sets.)
  • Originality: 3.5. Glalie is cool, glad to see more of it. We have our third Healing Wish Shaymin - I didn't really expect this, even though a third of the teams submitted ended up using this. Non-Mega Blastoise is also a rarity. Beyond that it wasn't too surprising - I mentioned above that I expected to see a lot of BD Puff, and I was right - but there's still some definite fun stuff here.
  • Use of the Theme: 3.5. You've got one of the best wallbreakers around with Explosion Mega-Glalie, and the always useful HW Shaymin which doubles as a second wallbreaker and a way to bring your sweepers back from the dead. I'd rate this a little above average for Use of Theme this round.
  • Effectiveness: 6. First for the bad: I'm not a huge fan of Scarf Magneton, as despite its solid SpAt I think it really lacks wallbreaking potential, and can't KO a lot of the things it is meant to trap. Also, SubCM Chandy without speed loses the ability to stallbreak, as it is then outsped by many stall staples such as Tentacruel that love being able to smack it with Scald before it can boost up with CM, or Haze it before eating a Shadow Ball. I also really am not a fan of that Blastoise spread - I know the tier has been lacking for an offensive spinner since Starmie left, but I don't think regular Blastoise is that answer. Now for the good: Magneton + Slurpuff will honestly sweep a solid number of teams all by their lonesome, especially with LO Shaymin and Mega-Glalie to help wallbreak and lay hazards. Building on those four definitely has some serious potential, but I think the execution could have been better.
TOTAL: 13.

Round 3 to follow shortly. Stand by!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
And that's a wrap! The results of judging are as follows:

• FIRST PLACE: vexyyyy: 17.5 | 14 | 15 | 17 | 15.5 | 15.8 (+2 for battling) = 17.8
  • 2: LilOuOn: 17 | 13 | 14 | 13 | 15.5 | 14.5 (+2 for battling) = 16.5
  • 3: r0ady: 14 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14.5 | 13.4 (+2 for battling) = 15.4
  • 4: Geopolitics: 14 | 14 | 16 | 13 | 16 | 14.6 (+0 for battling) = 14.6
  • 4: Euphonos: 12 | 13 | 14 | 13.5 | 15.5 | 13.6 (+1 for battling) = 14.6
  • 6: daedalus1103: 13.5 | 10 | 13 | 13.5 | 13 | 12.6 (-1 for battling) = 11.6
  • 7: Decision Makers: 14 | 8 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 11 (-1 for battling) = 10
  • 8: Nightingales: 14 | 9 | 12 | 10 | 11 | 11.2 (-2 for battling) = 9.2
  • 9: Yellow Skarmory: 14 | 5 | 12 | 10 | 9.5 | 10.1 (-1 for battling) = 9.1
That means our winner this round is vexyyyy! Congratulations, vexyyyy. Since I never got a finished trophy from Nightingales, I went ahead and made one myself:

Huge thanks to our nine competitors and our fantastic judges! And with that, we'll begin ROUND 3....

It's a Trap!

For round 3 on Iron Chef, our esteemed chefs must show off their skills in setting traps for the Iron Chefs, and taking advantage of the resulting chaos.

In order for your dish to qualify this round, your team must have at least two ways of trapping the opposing player's pokemon. This includes trapping via abilities such as Arena Trap and Magnet Pull, as well as trapping through the use of moves like Block, Infestation, Mean Look, Fire Spin, etc. However, Pursuit does NOT counter as a trapping move for the purpose of qualifying for this contest (though judges may, at their discretion, give bonuses for its use in Use of Theme).

Will our contestants be able to entrap our Iron Chefs, or will the Iron Chefs emerge victorious? Tune in for an ensnaring round of Iron Chef!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Eyy Hogg even used my gif not even bad, lol. Anyways, I am definitely out this round competing-wise because I gotta prepare to pepper anguses get reqs in the Tini test for my Tieiring Contributor badge, but I will be here to judge so good luck to all and if you want Originality points do not, I repeat, DO NOT use Pursuit lol.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eyy Hogg even used my gif not even bad, lol. Anyways, I am definitely out this round competing-wise because I gotta prepare to pepper anguses get reqs in the Tini test for my Tieiring Contributor badge, but I will be here to judge so good luck to all and if you want Originality points do not, I repeat, DO NOT use Pursuit lol.
Wait how does Pursuit affect Originality ._. for all we know Pursuit Mega Beedrill shows up.

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
Wait how does Pursuit affect Originality ._. for all we know Pursuit Mega Beedrill shows up.
I was saying it more as a joke, but if something like Pursuit Mega Beedrill comes about (and works) then more power to the player lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)