NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just so it's clear I've never been a proponent of no lynching ever. It would be fairly easy for me to bring up every single post I've ever made detailing what that's the case but I don't think that's quite useful in any case. My hope was that I would get pushed a little harder on that, but I wasn't. Oh well. And since that's not really a focal point right now, I see no need in really defending myself re: no lynch any further.
sorry jalmont but this is still rubbing me the wrong way, your grand plan was to get pushed harder on your no lynch stance (don't know what your definition of pushed harder is since as i recall people did bring up the fact that you should know better than no lynch), and now that the time has passed and we're talking about different stuff you don't need to justify yourself? if you can type all that surely you just write a one or two sentence explanation on what you were trying to do at the beginning of the game?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh, you're one of those people are you, Spiffy? The guy who cuts out half the post you're responding to, taking things out of context, making defences seem half-baked and hoping that no one notices? Making their own arguments seem stronger in a bid to garner votes by not giving other players reading all of the info and all of the defense which they really need to know? The guy who's inevitably going to pick a fight regardless of alignment because he thinks that it might help? When people do that on my other site people basically disregard their whole post, so I'm going to do the same. Try again. I don't not want to respond to you because I've been getting votes for my unfortunate active lurking, but please give me complete arguments to respond to! That'd be great :)

As for your tl;dr:
Spiffy said:
Bottom line: Your entire defense is to make fun of one throwaway, trolly post I made about you.
No?
You're rewriting history to make it seem like my only argument against you was that you viewed the thread and didn't post.
No?
You are proving the point I have made against you this whole time.
It looks like, now that you've clarified, your point that "you have made against me this whole time" is that I didn't flesh out my opinions. True, I didn't.
This entire post was you explaining yourself.
That's generally how defending yourself in this game works.
You only seem concerned with how everyone views you, and you offer no insight into anything else.
I have been offering insight into everything else, I just haven't been able to back it up with tons of quotes and evidence. You yourself were at a loss of topics for me to talk about which I hadn't already earlier on beyond "what do you think about x user?" I was keeping up to date on discussions and giving my opinions, which is basically what active lurking is and all you can really expect from a player. Sunny, do this please.
Seems to me that you are trying to perpetuate this argument to make it seem like you are contributing to discussion, when you're actually not. You should know this tactic very well, because this was my strategy Day 1 of Mario Kart NOC, where I was mafia, and you were the person I picked the fight with!
You're saying I'm trying to pick a fight? What's lead you to that conclusion? You were the one who actually attacked me, I merely defended. The fact that you attacked me is also very interesting, because like you said, you've picked a fight with me before, and it worked. I'm actively lurking, which I've already acknowledged a few times because while you tried to make it sound like a bad thing it's an absolutely fine playstyle early game. Other users like sunny and Haunted are creating the illusion of contribution through multiple posts with no content and rarely posting with little insight respectively. If you actually believed your words, you would be gunning for either of them.
You have done nothing but defend yourself and try to get everyone to forget my REAL argument against you (which you even acknowledged in this post but didn't address at all).
I didn't notice it was a real argument. it seemed more like a brief comment to me, especially since you actually back other points up with evidence and the like, whereas this was basically a short sentence in a fairly long post. You now claim this is your main point because you'd also said it fleetingly a couple of pages back, again being a couple of words long and only being part of a much longer point which then contradicted this point anyway. I'm sure that before Spiffy outright said "oh btw, this is the main reason why we should lynch Celever!" none of you guys would have known either.

Anyway, like I said at the top of my post, try again to build a case on me. Your case seems to be that I was actively lurking, which I have admitted to several times and which also isn't an inherently bad thing. It's not exactly my preferred playstyle, but I was forced into it and I think it's actually gone pretty well.

Also if you want my opinions, even though I've said them multiple times already, sunny is the main target, and Spiffy is also on my radar. His early attempts to lead and his random aggressiveness and infidelity with his lynch votes is rather suspicious for me. Village leaders need to gain my trust in NOC, because in Twilight Princess mafia (or I guess it's called RNG NOC now), my first game, Aura_Guardian led the village, and he lead it well. I read him as scum for basically the whole game, but the mafia eventually won because he got to the endgame by being the leader and having high trust while still pushing lynches on town indirectly. He did get lynched in the end because of my FUCK TIGER! though! :3

Also, I'm good at reading, but bad at making cases. You know this, Spiffy. In the last OC game, for whatever reason I knew that you were scum the whole game, and later on I figured out that von was too. Could I get either of you lynched, though? No. There's no point having me build huge cases because they'll probably be shit anyway. If I notice something that other people don't though, I'll obviously give it a try.

I guess no war will commence. Spiffy is speechless. And the von vs moi one didn't actually give me anything other than they each think the other is scum. There was a possibility that this one would've given more... oh well. For now, I agree with Celever, Spiffy IS acting quite aggressive.
What part of my aggression is scummy to you? It would be easier to explain if you would cite some evidence. I have been aggressive in trying to get everyone talking, but look at literally every game I have played and you will see that I always try to pressure the inactives into sharing their opinions. (I think this is what you mean by me being aggressive? Again, please cite a post that gives you this vibe)

Reading Pokeguy as noobtown right now.

Amianki what is beneficial about keeping your reasoning for your scumreads a secret?

LightWolf said:
Spiffy feels like he is basically spending half his posts highlighting people who in his opinion aren't doing much or complaining about people who aren't contributing in a way he likes and the other asking people fairly simple questions that have no right to be asked day 1. I don't like non content content.
I disagree. I gave my thoughts on the no lynch, which was the main discussion at that moment. I did highlight people that hadn't posted since the first page, but it wasn't the only thing I did to try and pass myself off like I was contributing without doing anything else. Later on, I called moi out for his extremely unnecessary and over-the-top defensive post. What more would you have liked me to have said at that time?

LightWolf said:
Everyone should place self preservation first, because they all know that THEY ARE CLEAN and can only truly trust themselves, anyone reasonable will try to be the one to lead the village to victory with their opinions and ideas.
Yeah I said something like this earlier on, but when the ONLY thing you're doing is defending yourself and not contributing your thoughts of others (i.e Celever), that is cause for concern and something I'm not going to ignore.

LightWolf said:
Your style of posting up to this point has been fitting this to a t, expect that most of them have been largely consisting out of noncontent
I've already explained my behavior on page 4, but do you have any other posts that you think fit this criteria? I can't really argue this unless you provide an example.

LightWolf said:
I was gonna say page 8 had one of the best content rich posts for Spiffy, then he proceeds to attack cancerous too when all that happened was the new guy's wish being granted of being given an overview of the day so far, I mean at least complain that say cancerous had little activity and jumped on the chance of making a non-content post to appear active and helpful.
I don't think I understand what you're saying here. That is literally my exact argument for voting Cancerous:
Spiffy said:
I do agree 100% with Jalmont's view of Cancerous. Summaries of the game provide a wall of text to make it look like someone is contributing, but actually say nothing about the player's thoughts. I know the new sub asked someone to summarize it and you jumping at that opportunity makes me think that you want to seem helpful and welcoming, which is something I would expect a mafia to do. This along with the fact that you haven't given insight to the discussion in awhile makes me think you're scum!!!
rssp1 said:
I also think Jalmont's last point is false based on personal experience (I know I said this can be faulty but it's not JUST my experience in this case) since my play along with the play of many others who i've watched as new players is generally lurky (ignoring whether they are town/not town) until they have experience, mainly because they get confused by a lot of the stuff that goes on/they feel that their opinion isn't as valid or that is doesn't carry much weight/they feel that what they're thinking is probably wrong and they don't want to screw others over by stating that
I also disagree with Jalmont, but that doesn't mean that we can just let new players skate by just because they might not understand what is happening. The easiest way to get them talking is voting for them and seeing their reaction. It is through this method we get reactions like sunny and Pokeguy who I read as noobtown because of their responses. I know you're not necessarily arguing this, this is mainly to the people that have a problem with singling out silent slots.

Something seems off to me about ButteredToast's defense of himself, like he'll say whatever will appease Amianki. Nothing in particular caught my eye, but it seems so innocent to the point of fabrication. This could very well be nothing though, just thought I should mention it.

Ugh time to go dismantle Celever limb from limb again...

Amianki what is beneficial about keeping your reasoning for your scumreads a secret?
I get my most accurate reads from engagements, and having other players engage me instead of vice versa gives me a better idea of what they're thinking about and why. It's a lot easier to fake an engagement as scum when you know what the other person is looking for.

Spiffy, that's not what i'm say- "I know you're not necessarily arguing this, this is mainly to the people that have a problem with singling out silent slots."
oh.
Alright, makes sense, but IMO the best option is to straight up just keep asking them about their opinion (although I don't disagree is that occasionally, the only thing that will get someone to open up is a couple votes on them).

vonFiedler I missed this if you talked about it so sorry in advance if you did, but what do you think about the point(s) that people have brought up against Cancerous?

ButteredToast

Okay, let's start with this:

What are your current reads? All of them. I don't specifically want reasons right now, just reads.
Currently I find Jalmont the most concerning and the safest vote. Other people are Cancerous and Ullar but I want more info and activity.

I have a far better town feeling about Fate being village. Also like spiffy and LW.

Honestly everyone else I have no real good read. I'm trying to be as skeptical of the people who play the part and as forgiving of people who are getting pounded for small things.

You I'm unsure on and I have questions but I don't see what good can come from it so I'm not asking atm. And I like where you're going with how you're looking at people and your methods to this point despite misinterpreting me. But I like how you responded to the questions about me from others with solid statements and want to see where else you go with it on others.

also Spiffy it's kind of hard to defend yourself when being adequately pressured while also trying to contribute to discussion since there's almost always going to be that one person who's going to say "you're deflecting off of yourself, which is scummy."
...or that one person who brings it up later.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Well, I've done a little research. Looking at the aforementioned Mario Kart NOC, which happened over half a year before I even joined this site, I can safely Unvote.

However, I'm not voting Celever just yet. I currently see this as two town players thinking the other to be mafia.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
vonFiedler I missed this if you talked about it so sorry in advance if you did, but what do you think about the point(s) that people have brought up against Cancerous?
Pretty legit, but moreso as the game progresses. There's always at least player that this kind of accusation will be true about. It just doesn't mean a whole lot on day 1.

Well, I never! To think that people will draw suspicion such an act of goodwill. You guys seem to have missed the part where I actually try to contribute and get discussion going and focus entirely on the my text wall.
Welcome to the circus, tell me what you think about moi.
That's one cold, hard, grade A, premium contribution attempt there. I even spaced them away from the little summary I did so it won't be mixed up too.
And yes, it was directed to our new friend, since moi is gone, the discussion suddenly took to an awkward turn. That does not magically clean him, tho. That's why I tried to get him talk a little bit.

Make me think that you guys didn't actually read things, but skim over it like you're studying for finals or something. That's not good, guys.
Still love to hear more from Amianki.

Currently I find Jalmont the most concerning and the safest vote. Other people are Cancerous and Ullar but I want more info and activity.

I have a far better town feeling about Fate being village. Also like spiffy and LW.

Honestly everyone else I have no real good read. I'm trying to be as skeptical of the people who play the part and as forgiving of people who are getting pounded for small things.

You I'm unsure on and I have questions but I don't see what good can come from it so I'm not asking atm. And I like where you're going with how you're looking at people and your methods to this point despite misinterpreting me. But I like how you responded to the questions about me from others with solid statements and want to see where else you go with it on others.
Can you go into your Fate read more?

What about, specifically? This kind of a statement is weird considering that I've been active in the thread since replacing in.

Well, I've done a little research. Looking at the aforementioned Mario Kart NOC, which happened over half a year before I even joined this site, I can safely Unvote.

However, I'm not voting Celever just yet. I currently see this as two town players thinking the other to be mafia.
Oh hey, you have reads.

Do you have any other reads?

Celever said:
Oh, you're one of those people are you, Spiffy? The guy who cuts out half the post you're responding to, taking things out of context, making defences seem half-baked and hoping that no one notices? Making their own arguments seem stronger in a bid to garner votes by not giving other players reading all of the info and all of the defense which they really need to know? The guy who's inevitably going to pick a fight regardless of alignment because he thinks that it might help?
Talk about using emotional appeal to try and twist the story YET AGAIN. When did I do any of these things?

If you feel I misrepresented/misunderstood your post, then please clarify instead of throwing a hissy fit. You can't just say I ignore half of your post and not point out what I ignored. I made a conscious effort to quote and respond to literally every. single. paragraph that was relevant because I knew you would try to spin it like I picked and chose the parts that were convenient for me to reply to.

Celever said:
I have been offering insight into everything else, I just haven't been able to back it up with tons of quotes and evidence.
Before your two large posts today, the last time you said anything useful (I use that term very loosely) about anyone was on page 6 where you voted for sunny. It is now page 10. As you claim to play NOC on other sites, I expect you to have SOMETHING new to contribute after three to four pages of posts have gone by. I apologize if that is too much for you to handle. Instead, you choose to ignore the pages of posts that have happened and focus solely on responding to arguments against you. When asked to contribute, you restate the same points you made four pages ago, other than your new found suspicion of (surprise!) the one that's calling you out on all of this. Your priority is yourself and only yourself.

Celever said:
You're saying I'm trying to pick a fight? What's lead you to that conclusion? You were the one who actually attacked me, I merely defended. The fact that you attacked me is also very interesting, because like you said, you've picked a fight with me before, and it worked. I'm actively lurking, which I've already acknowledged a few times because while you tried to make it sound like a bad thing it's an absolutely fine playstyle early game. Other users like sunny and Haunted are creating the illusion of contribution through multiple posts with no content and rarely posting with little insight respectively. If you actually believed your words, you would be gunning for either of them.
I didn't say you were picking the fight. I said you were perpetuating it to make it seem like you're contributing. Notice how despite being caught up in this debacle with you, I have consistently shared my thoughts and very recently had an entire post responding to posts on the last two pages alone. I would not need this "fight" to appear contributional, whereas it would work more to your advantage. That is what I am saying.

I am satisfied with Haunted Diamond's contributions thus far. I will be rereading the thread and creating a list of reads before the day ends. I am singling you out because I expect much more from you than what you have provided.

Celever said:
I didn't notice it was a real argument. it seemed more like a brief comment to me, especially since you actually back other points up with evidence and the like, whereas this was basically a short sentence in a fairly long post.
I will make my argument clearer in the future. This doesn't take away from the validity of the points I've made.

Celever said:
Anyway, like I said at the top of my post, try again to build a case on me.
Oh Celever, I don't need to. You're doing it for me! :)
If you really can't identify my case against you after this post then I really don't know how else I can articulate it so you can understand.

Side note: still don't understand why everyone thinks I can "lead the village" when this is NOC. Never have a tried to lead the village. I may steer discussion, yes, because when I think I find someone scummy I like to hear other opinions on that person.

More Cowbell idk how soon deadline is but can we get an extension because the new sub/LightWolf literally just got into the game a few hours ago.

I will reread the thread and compile a list of reads and justify/change my vote sometime tomorrow. Owning Celever has worn me out.
Celever said:
I didn't say you were picking the fight. I said you were perpetuating it to make it seem like you're contributing. Notice how despite being caught up in this debacle with you, I have consistently shared my thoughts and very recently had an entire post responding to posts on the last two pages alone. I would not need this "fight" to appear contributional, whereas it would work more to your advantage. That is what I am saying.
Celever said:
Celever said:

Well, I never! To think that people will draw suspicion such an act of goodwill. You guys seem to have missed the part where I actually try to contribute and get discussion going and focus entirely on the my text wall.

That's one cold, hard, grade A, premium contribution attempt there. I even spaced them away from the little summary I did so it won't be mixed up too.
And yes, it was directed to our new friend, since moi is gone, the discussion suddenly took to an awkward turn. That does not magically clean him, tho. That's why I tried to get him talk a little bit.

Make me think that you guys didn't actually read things, but skim over it like you're studying for finals or something. That's not good, guys.
IIRC the point brought up was that you jumped on the opportunity to welcome and help out the new user... given that this post also falls into that category, explain exactly how that nullfies anything else that was said?
Or was that sarcasm? I can never tell.

Amianki Well I wish to hear what do you think about moi. His style, his method of argument, etc etc. I thought it might get me more insight on you. Also great way to break the ice, but you seem to have no problem fitting in. But respond anyway.
More discussion = more information.

I just realized that what Cancerous quoted was literally from the same post.
/me facepalms

Also, holy crap that triplepost spiffy... sadly I read the same thing twice before I realized it was repeating.
More Cowbell's last post:

Projected deadline is in approx. 48 hours, at 12 PM (GMT+2, CET Summer Time). If activity is still as lively as it has been for the past 12 hours then, deadline may be extended by another 24 hours.

Seriously, glad to see some solid activity in the game!
that was yesterday, so we have approx 30 hours I think

Cancerous

I basically ignored everything my predecessor said since I already know what his alignment was, but okay. I'll go reread and answer that question, but I'd like to know what information this can possibly give once I do since this looks like a dead end line of discussion to me.

IIRC the point brought up was that you jumped on the opportunity to welcome and help out the new user... given that this post also falls into that category, explain exactly how that nullfies anything else that was said?
Or was that sarcasm? I can never tell.
The point brought up was I did not contribute much to the game so far, then suddenly try to be helpful with a post without actually contributing, thus making it looks like I was pretending to contributing.
My counter argument is that I am actually trying to contribute, not trying to look like I am contributing.
The summary was just a polite nicety, and most of you dig into it more than what I actually want to convey.
Amianki, thank you for cooperating. More information doesn't always means more useful information, but I'd like to try.

Eh.

Just based on his tone, moi looks like the type of player that has very little tolerance to being suspected for reasons that he thinks are bad or to attempts at shifting his arguments. Just looking at his tone and when his aggressiveness fluctuates, it looks like he just got fed up with the game.

Overall an emotional-style player from what I can tell, but there's not enough here to be able to tell if that's a playstyle thing or something that happened because of where the game went. I'd have to directly interact with him in a game to be able to tell more than that.

I can do without the sarcastic comments, but thanks anyway.
Since you have read the previous posts, I have a following up question. About the players who argued against moi. Do you find any of them, suspicious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)