NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you go into your Fate read more?
When I was first asked who I thought was suspicious I said Fate because he acted in a way more counter intuitive that I thought he would. Very reserved yet kind of illogical with his cast of votes. Only thing he said was that he as serious about a lynch and kind of curiously changed his vote. And it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I kind of had a change of heart. I think maybe he was possibly was ignoring the meaningless organization in the first half and looking to stay active and helpful yet let things go their own way to see how things develop with who. His post on Jalmont was good and it rubbed him the way it rubbed me. And I like that he is going after him for it. And the weird stuff he did before has been replaced with methods I more understand.

Besides that, I know that the village and the mafia are both blind right now and are both searching for information. But he seems to be asking and following the points of questioning to get the answers that the village needs, not the mafia.

I was never calling a lynch on him. Just curious to his actions. And that curiosity went from high guard to more of a trust. I think the first big puzzle piece of information will come from him and would like to hear his input later on in the game. Still taking what he says with a grain of salt, but I want to see how he plays.

The point brought up was I did not contribute much to the game so far, then suddenly try to be helpful with a post without actually contributing, thus making it looks like I was pretending to contributing.
My counter argument is that I am actually trying to contribute, not trying to look like I am contributing.
The summary was just a polite nicety, and most of you dig into it more than what I actually want to convey.
Amianki, thank you for cooperating. More information doesn't always means more useful information, but I'd like to try.
I thought it was that you weren't contributing, then bringing up the summary/welcoming the user, which seems like you're contributing to gain towncred while not actually commenting on the current discussion.
...that's what you said, never mind.

Well, if you'd like to contribute, what's YOUR opinion on all the stuff against moi + the celever/spiffy argument + anything else that you have seen that is important?

sorry jalmont but this is still rubbing me the wrong way, your grand plan was to get pushed harder on your no lynch stance (don't know what your definition of pushed harder is since as i recall people did bring up the fact that you should know better than no lynch), and now that the time has passed and we're talking about different stuff you don't need to justify yourself? if you can type all that surely you just write a one or two sentence explanation on what you were trying to do at the beginning of the game?
yep pretty much (i think i've already explained enough and there's no need to do so further) unless people push me on it i.e. lynch me

I thought it was that you weren't contributing, then bringing up the summary/welcoming the user, which seems like you're contributing to gain towncred while not actually commenting on the current discussion.
...that's what you said, never mind.

Well, if you'd like to contribute, what's YOUR opinion on all the stuff against moi + the celever/spiffy argument + anything else that you have seen that is important?
Well, Celever/spiffy argument is turning into a battle of attrition. Much like the previous moi's grilling. I'd drop it, but we are on short supply of leads, so let 'em rip.
Celever reverted to his old self with a plethora of long texts after being pressed too much. Not surprised.
Spiffy is being very active, whether he is mafia or not, I can't say, but it's a good thing for now
Pokeguy and sunny and von is being themselves.
BT seems like a reasonable person, his heartfelt post about human errs and psychology strangely moved me. He's on my best town list.
You surprised me by your display of experience and knowledge of mafia, seems town to me.
jalmont is back pedaling for sure, I'm leaning more on von's interpretation about it.
The rest are flying right under my radar, or did i miss someone?

A couple more things:
I get my most accurate reads from engagements, and having other players engage me instead of vice versa gives me a better idea of what they're thinking about and why. It's a lot easier to fake an engagement as scum when you know what the other person is looking for.
I don't understand how this philosophy can work with the "strong town voting block" philosophy you discussed with Jalmont earlier. How can the town work as a cohesive unit if some people aren't contributing or sharing the reasons for their reads?
Besides that, I know that the village and the mafia are both blind right now and are both searching for information. But he seems to be asking and following the points of questioning to get the answers that the village needs, not the mafia.
What do you mean by "blind"? Has it been explicitly stated the the mafia don't have day talk? I know in the last NOC I played in (which was two years ago) my mafia team could talk whenever. How are you so sure of this? Possible scumslip!?!?!?!?

Interesting group.

Could you explain "being themselves" in further detail?
Well, pokeguy and sunny are both clueless, you on the other hand, is being active and critical. Which is exactly what I'd expect from you.
Generally, you 3 are acting as what I can dictate from your personality from the times we were together.

I'm going out for a nice and relaxing hair cut. Keep the questions coming, I'll be back in a jiffy.

You surprised me by your display of experience and knowledge of mafia, seems town to me.
The rest are flying right under my radar, or did i miss someone?
a) I'm new to OC; not new at all to NOC.
b) You didn't talk about Lightwolf, Haunted.Diamond, Ullar, Fatecrashers, and Serious Bananas.
Of those, the latter two are actually relevant to what I asked, but commentary on the first three (if you can get anything of importance, which would be hard since they haven't posted much/with a lot of variety) would also be great.

What do you mean by "blind"? Has it been explicitly stated the the mafia don't have day talk? I know in the last NOC I played in (which was two years ago) my mafia team could talk whenever. How are you so sure of this? Possible scumslip!?!?!?!?
By blind, I mean that the mafia didn't have night actions and has no information like we do. They are going through the same info getting process that we are but they'd be looking for different information like role tips. I didn't mean blind that they are operating by themselves without help.

However, since it's brought up, I did assume that with NOC that the mafia would also be bound to the No Outside Contact rule during the day. The fact that you're saying that your NOC game allowed for outside contact from the mafia kind of changes the dynamic. And beings that this is my first NOC game it might change my entire outlook on how the mafia is organizing and operating during the day.

Only thing I can see in the rules is that it says that roles take precedence over game rules. So maybe it says in their mafia role that they can talk. But yeah. If there is a good chance the mafia is working together then I need to do a whole lot of re-reading and looking at things in a different way. Pretty much putting me on square one.

While we're on it, Jalmont you're literally asking me to do it. So Lynch Jalmont because I want to hear this better explanation of what you were aiming to do at the beginning of the game.

Spiffy neither of those are directed at me but I have good answers for both of them
1) They may not be sharing their reasoning at the moment, but it's revealed after questioning the person. Using their responses and comparing them to the reads can often help in finding evidence for a scum/townread.
2) I hope you're being serious there, the multitude of exclamation points and question marks was making me think not but w/e i'll answer it anyways: by "blind," I personally thought he meant in terms of the fact that they won't have any info (other than their own roles/whatever they've discussed, since not letting mafia know each other in NOC is just cruel - speaking from personal experience).

He posted like twice at the start of day 1 and then twice again on page 6 I think...
he's been online today so the only reasons I can think of him not posting is him having stuff to do irl/not enjoying the large textposts and being too lazy to read as a result (which isn't good)

Alright.
Can we PLEASE stop the pointless arguing, work together, and find an ACTUAL lynch target.

I'm really going to call out Celever and Spiffy here. It seems all you are doing is filling the thread with your arguments, not really contributing to finding a lynch target.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what townies are supposed to do?

1) That's what we're TRYING to do. As pointless as the arguing seems, at the end it's aimed at finding a lynch target or convincing others to vote who you think is scummy(which is what the 1v1 arguments generally are).
2) Who do you think would be a good lynch target, and why?

Don't worry about deadlines just yet, with the way discussion is going, without a consensus being met, Day 1 will last longer than originally stated. You will be notified about the deadline at least 24 hours before said deadline.

As of now, there's no set deadline yet.

oh man, haircut in summer is so nice. Best human interaction I have in months.
Anyway sunny004 , we are trying our best here. I am proceeding to convince everyone that I am not mafia, which will decrease the likelihood of a mislynch. More arguments and discussions will give us legitimate reason to ask for more extensions.

rssp1 Let's start with the first group: Lightwolf, Haunted.shadow and Ullar
Not terribly active, especially shadow and ullar. Haunted doesn't seems like the type to mince words, which is bad for noc. THe last NOC game I had with Ullar, he wasn't too active either.

Lw made only 2 posts or so so far but their content is pretty quality. The thoughts are reasonable. Truly, a goat among us.

Serious Bananas and Fatecrashers I have mixed feeling about them.
SB kicked off the moi's grill and then just kinda went off the radar. Would love to hear his opinion on the current trend of events.

Fatecrashers seems to have a deep connection to spiffy. But that cannot be used as a reliable tell, really. I am undecided.

As for your part, rssp1, I think you are town because you have ultilized your experience and knowledge for the good of the village well. You also approached me with the least aggravating way possible.

Some people would have used such opportunity to provoke and accuse me more.
Some people would have made sarcastic comment about my method *cough*destinymasher*cough*.

Now, have I quench thy thirst for clarification? Let's us hear from Spiffy and Celever and Jalmont. What will they say to the accusations being threw at them?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At this point Fatecrashers bugs me the most. I don't see why he's tunneling so hard on Jalmont while ignoring everything else that has been said on the matter, from myself and him. Other than that he's just not contributing much.

Cancerous I'm curious what you mean in saying that he's connected to Spiffy.

Cancerous, unless i'm misunderstanding what "not the type to mince words" means, you're saying Haunted doesn't like being convoluted/beating around the bush, which is bad for NOC? That makes no sense to me, so i'm 99% sure I don't know what that means or that you meant to use a different phrase there.
I also have no idea what "Truly, a goat among us" means. Please explain.
by a "deep connection" to spiffy, do you mean that fate defends spiffy, that they post similarly, or that they are related?

The rest has answered any questions I had about you for now.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fatecrashers seems to have a deep connection to spiffy. But that cannot be used as a reliable tell, really. I am undecided.
oh my god lol

At this point Fatecrashers bugs me the most. I don't see why he's tunneling so hard on Jalmont while ignoring everything else that has been said on the matter, from myself and him. Other than that he's just not contributing much.
so far all you've said is 'that's jalmont being jalmont', and all he's said is i don't wanna talk about it unless i'm up for lynching, neither of which is satisfactory from my point of view and i don't want this to get dropped

It is no secret that Fatecrashers and I have a deep, intimate connection.

Don't know why everyone is confused by this?
eat a bag of dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)