GSC Cup I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is PO the standard for this tour? Fuck that. I uninstalled it years ago. PS! is the standard for everything and is the official Pokemon Simulator for Smogon. PO should never be standard under any circumstances.

opponent (Moon Light) won first game, then 15 turns into the 2nd game opponent stopped moving and timed all the way out:

a spectator fills me in:

Anassagora: moon messaged me tellin his mom turned off the router
Anassagora: rip
Veteran In Love: lol what
Anassagora: yeah
Veteran In Love: so what does that mean then
Anassagora: idk if he can reconnect rn
Anassagora: idk
Anassagora: i guess u can decide if keeping this (for timeout) or replaying
Veteran In Love: i spun spikes out
Anassagora: its up to you
Veteran In Love: i really like my position too :(
Veteran In Love: well i dont want to be a bad guy but i have an edge in this game

I had gained some small edges in game 2 and revealed some unorthodox moves so I prefer not to restart. i have log if anyone wants to review, I'll do whatever the tournament heads rule on this.

Also opponent was unaware that it was best of 3 so perhaps he needs to buy time as well... To be continued....

i am that spectator, i guess he will contact you tomorrow.. about replaying, considering he timed out u have all rights on this I guess (unless teams submitting but i didnt hear anything bout it in this tour)
moonlight told me that after 15 turns that was all to play but w/e
just tell us when playing the last game it'd be interesting

edit: I should play with Livio tomorrow if we meet each other

I am from mobile, my router is off and i havent po on the mobile, the 2nd battle only lasted 15 turns before my crash, and no poke was even damaged, you did not have an advantage at all, if you want take the win by crash if you dont break the rules but it would be ridicolous

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is PO the standard for this tour? Fuck that. I uninstalled it years ago. PS! is the standard for everything and is the official Pokemon Simulator for Smogon. PO should never be standard under any circumstances.
i am looking forward to see you help develop the simulator to accurately reflect gsc mechanics. until those are in place PO should be used as the simulator for GSC.

I'd argue that RBY should be played on PO as well due to more up to date mechanics but I'm not in control of that.

to make this more on topic, fighting tomorrow morning. hopefully my opponent has PO.

I don't think an official tour should require our non official simulator. If PS wasn't GSC ready we should have waited to have this tour until it was

I for one am grateful for any opportunity to play on PO rather than PS.

I'm also curious as to why RBY is being played on PO, since afaik PO is still more accurate in a number of ways

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
after some difficult starts i finally got a game underway with my opponent, was in a winning situation (5v4, spikes were placed, taken very little chip damage vs quite a lot for opponent etc) when opponent DCd, tried multiple times to reconnect but failed and lost to timeout

was given set win after that

Snowydoe: Ill just give you the set man, gg and gl with the rest of the tour

so, gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)