Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, the winner is Nayrz ! Congratulations, and thanks to all participants.

I need a few days to regroup and I'll get the next round started ASAP, sorry for the wait.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, sorry for the wait. This week has been a mess. This week, we're going to build with an popular core from XY that has not seen much usage in ORAS.

Mega Gengar+Yveltal

You can use whatever sets you want, though. Also, for future rounds, I would like to go into some old-gen concepts but I lack the metagame knowledge. So, if you have concept ideas for generations 3-6, PM me and I'll give you credit for the idea if I use it.

Good luck!

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 Def / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Geomancy

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 104 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Roar

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 56 Def / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This is a pretty basic gengar + yveltal team with the main aim being to ease a late game by weakening its checks. Heatwave lo yveltal does a good job at weakening popular xern checks like pdon and keys, which combined with mgar who can trap stuff like blissey or ferro clean the way for xern to sweep late game. Besides helping xern mgar and yveltal aid each other by checking each others weaknesses (mgar -> fairies, yveltal -> other yveltal, deoa, m2).

The sets are fairly standard, mgar has protect to abuse shadow tag much better as running protect would result in a loss in coverage. The Yveltal set is straight from the analysis with hurricane giving it the ability to 2hko most geoxern (when it hits) whereas the dices xern set is used as i feel like hp rock is better then missing thunder. Latias is the generic poge switch in with roar to avoid being setup bait. The credit for pdons spread to goes to Wreckdra which puts xern into ekiller range, a mon which concludes the team to provide priority and revenge kill stuff.

Overall i hope that this is one of my better attempts at this competition, and that this team is fairly good.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Classy Bird (Yveltal) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

KilledByABird (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Blue Jay (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Memento

FuhrerBird (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

NotABird (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Horse. (Arceus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

The first thing I thought of when I say the core was Focus Blast Mega Gengar + Birds is pretty darn strong (~70% of the time :P). Not only does Focus Blast Gengar heavily damage Tyranitar and KO most Fairy-types that threaten Yveltal, but it also is a slight means of hazard control due to its ability to trap the Stealth Rock user. This makes Ho-Oh + Defog Eon extremely strong options to run with this core because not only does Gengar weaken TTar and force it to attack, but it also traps and Dbonds Arceus-Rock quite effectively. Another benefit of using Focus Blast Gengar against Tyranitar is that it is also the Stealth Rock user and means of damaging Latios a very large amount of the time, but that is enough about this offensive monster. Groudon and Latios perform the role of keeping Kyogre under control as well as giving the team assurance against Geomancy Xerneas alongside E-Killer and Ho-Oh. Speaking of which, this team actually has room for E-killer! Yveltal is still one of the best ways of switching into ghosts ever and Gengar is focussed on removing Rockceus so it just made sense to use it. It has Stone Edge because Salamence is a pain in the rear. Salamence is a problem for this team due to the ease at which it can set up on Ho-Oh even when banded, so play very carefully with it. E-killer is Adamant and Yveltal has some ridiculous Attack investment in order to give you and OK shot at beating Salamence should it get the opportunity to set up. 248 HP / 136 Def Impish Salamence is the worst possible match up for this team, but there really isn't much that can be done about it.

E: The Speeds used on some of the mons is inaccurate compared to what I do actually use just to keep my own creeping preferences under the radar.

Last edited:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave Focus Blast
- U-turn/Sleep Talk

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 144 HP / 148 Def / 120 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Disable
- Destiny Bond

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Very hard to make a team that looks different from the few above me, but I figured that my sets were different enough to use (and nobody gave Perish Trap Gengar any love). The core of SD Arceus-Ghost + Perish Trap Mega Gengar + Choice Specs Yveltal has interested me for a little while. It looks average on paper, but works pretty well in practice. The obvious goal of this team is to support an Arceus-Ghost sweep which isn't always hard to do if you keep your Arceus form hidden until a couple Pokemon have been weakened; Arceus-Ghost can easily run through 4-5 Pokemon by itself if given a set-up opportunity. The team speaks for itself really, but I'll explain the movesets/EV spreads that aren't standard:

I chose Perish Trap + Disable Mega Gengar over the standard offensive one because it is the team's designated Arceus Killer and its offensive moves barely dent most Arceus forms (Focus Blast can't even kill ExtremeKiller after Stealth Rock), so it usually uses Destiny Bond on offensive variants and Perish Trap is just better at eliminating support forms. Disable lets this team not be 6-0ed by Choice Band Ho-oh and instead lets Gengar either use Perish Song to KO it easily or give Arceus-Ghost free set-up and is generally sufficient to burn Perish song turns against defensive Pokemon. It also cannot be pursuit trapped by Tyranitar after KOing something against Stall.

I chose a bulky Choice Specs Yveltal spread because I really dislike the Life Orb set's lack of longevity even with Oblivion Wing and the fact that Sucker Punch and Taunt don't do too much for my team. Choice Specs Yveltal also lures Geomancy Xerneas and nets a 2HKO without any hazards and can also lure either Klefki and Ferrothorn and smack it with Heat Wave or Tyranitar and Arceus-Dark and smack it with Focus Blast (After some consideration and testing I found Focus Blast to be the better option as it 2HKOs Klefki, too and Tyranitar and Arceus-Dark are more annoying to this team than Ferrothorn is. Standard Klefki also means free Stealth Rock for me so why kill it so early?). U-Turn is cool for getting Mega Gengar in for free, but Sleep Talk also works quite well for being sleep fodder for Darkrai. Choice Specs has the added bonus of letting Yveltal break through Balance and Stall very easily with the help of Mega Gengar. Giving it enough speed to outrun Adamant Rayquaza is also an option.

The EV spread for Latias looks weird, but outspeeding max speed base 100 Pokemon is not really necessary in this tier. 144 HP/148 Def lets Latias never be OHKOed by +2 Primal Groudon's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock and lets her almost always avoid the 2HKO after Stealth Rock if a Reflect is up.

I chose Dual Screens Klefki because Toxic is a stupid way to punish Primal Groudon switch-ins and my team doesn't care too much about it being Toxic'd. Reflect is a much better way to punish the switch since it practically gives Latias a free Defog if Primal Groudon comes in. Light screen is used over Spikes because this team has no way to strop common Spikes users other than Defog after the fact so why waste so many turns stacking layers?

It's so hard to make a super original squad with this core. @.@

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
Here are the entries for this round:

Half of Two:
WreckDra:
steelphoenix:
tenefix:

orch
Thugly Duckling
steelphoenix
ZoroarkForever
ApplepieFTW
Nayrz

Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)