Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

The meowth guides no longer work, I think they changed the stage as I can never follow the instructions as my pokemon never appear the way they do in any video, wtf?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
The meowth guides no longer work, I think they changed the stage as I can never follow the instructions as my pokemon never appear the way they do in any video, wtf?
It's just random, but I gotta say I've been failing more often than before (either lack the combos or deal too many combos with few moves). Still this is pokemon too, we need some shitty RNG to be common to be in line with the series x)

So something that did cross my mind.

What determines specifically how much EXP you earn for a round? Is it score, number of moves, or damage done by the Pokemon? Like, say I have Groudon. Would Snorlax be worth more just for having more raw moves, or Ampharos since Groudon in particular, as a Ground type, would do more damage to it than Snorlax?

So something that did cross my mind.

What determines specifically how much EXP you earn for a round? Is it score, number of moves, or damage done by the Pokemon? Like, say I have Groudon. Would Snorlax be worth more just for having more raw moves, or Ampharos since Groudon in particular, as a Ground type, would do more damage to it than Snorlax?
I screen capped this off of reddit after googling how to exp grind better.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I was kind of skeptical about the stage giving out a set of amount of exp for beating it, but after checking that every pokemon has a different exp curve it makes sense. So basically now Snorlax is the stage that gives the most EXP, followed by ampharos. Personally I'd still go for ampharos since it's easier unless you need to train stuff like steel types.

Snorlax is the stage to grind if you have coins to burn and nothing more to spend them on, but for all intents and purposes, Ampharos is the definitive grind stage. If, for some reason, you are unable to do at least 78% damage to Ampharos with the team you're training, then Buneary is a strong alternative.

Last edited:
Caught Spiritomb today, and I think that Lucarionite is as good as mine, with a score of 10000+.

Now I need to do something about that pesky Regirock.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Caught Spiritomb today, and I think that Lucarionite is as good as mine, with a score of 10000+.

Now I need to do something about that pesky Regirock.
3 pokemon team with mega mawile + the atk up item should allow you to finish the stage with enough moves for a decent catch rate if you're having too much trouble.

It's also a good idea in general to make sure all of your useful pokemon are at least level 5 since that gives them a 10 base damage boost. Not worth grinding past that as explained a few posts above though.

Reactions: JES
Got Regirock! Mawile, Groudon and Lucario along with attack plus was more than enough. First time round had 29% catch rate which failed even with a great ball (cue severe rage) but then used the reset trick and got it with a 25% pokeball. I think that's the first time it's been extremely beneficial to use just 3 mons. I seriously recommend this set up to anyone that doesn't have it yet.

I have a question regarding the competitive stage rankings: what si the score of the 30000th rankedplayer
Not an exact answer to your question, but more interesting tidbits from the gamefaqs boards (credit to Lloyd13Z for his efforts):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/71862696

The shorthand, Lloyd13Z waited until the last day to aim for various scores (using a combination of teams ranging from 100% NVE to 100% SE with no Mega), just to see what the score distribution was. As it turns out, out of roughly 120,000 entrants, 76739 of them at the time of his report (7 hours remaining in the event) got a score of 7113 or lower. Basically, the top 30,000 is filled primarily with people who really wanted the Lucarionite (ie. enough to spend items on a decent score), with only a small amount of people placing by accident (no items but serious attempts, or accidental high scores on non-serious attempts).

Edit: Shorter hand. If you aren't godawful at this game, using an item should be a guaranteed spot in the top 30,000. Most people who didn't place were either intentionally not trying or just that bad.

Last edited:
So, I've been getting some decent use from Mega Bannette for the Weekend Meowth stages, with the combos its ability sets up on an All Ghost party actually making up the cost of a Moves +5, since Meowth's "disruptions" are based on chains. I've actually had times where Bannette clear a bunch of mons, Meowth caused a disruption, cleared about 800 coins worth in a chain, and then immediately set himself off for another disruption.

Not an exact answer to your question, but more interesting tidbits from the gamefaqs boards (credit to Lloyd13Z for his efforts):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/71862696

The shorthand, Lloyd13Z waited until the last day to aim for various scores (using a combination of teams ranging from 100% NVE to 100% SE with no Mega), just to see what the score distribution was. As it turns out, out of roughly 120,000 entrants, 76739 of them at the time of his report (7 hours remaining in the event) got a score of 7113 or lower. Basically, the top 30,000 is filled primarily with people who really wanted the Lucarionite (ie. enough to spend items on a decent score), with only a small amount of people placing by accident (no items but serious attempts, or accidental high scores on non-serious attempts).

Edit: Shorter hand. If you aren't godawful at this game, using an item should be a guaranteed spot in the top 30,000. Most people who didn't place were either intentionally not trying or just that bad.
So my score will not get it then, It was higher then the number you listed but still within the 7000s, then again It is close to the 8000s so you never know, I'll check when I get back to shuffle

If i didn't get the mega stone, oh well, at least I get back to 5 jewels...again

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Another day rolls in. Finally got the lucarionite so I'm gonna try him out now, also the new special pokemon is none other than shaymin, caught it on my first try, it's not hard by any means but one should try to get a mega glalie as early as possible to get a better catch rate and not spend a great ball.
It looks like quite a decent pokemon too having 70 base power, but sleep charm is such an unreliable ability I don't think I'd use it over vitality drain.

Also, was Regirock a unique case with the 3 mons thing, or do many do that and Regirock was just the only one worth doing it for?

Edit: Stupidity with the numbers on Shaymin

Last edited:
Shaymin gets 20% + 7% per move. Since he starts with 22 moves, you can guarantee a regular Pokeball capture essentially with 11 moves remaining, so clear the Iced Shaymins out as quickly as possible. I notice combos happening extremely often in my plays of this.

Also, was Regirock a unique case with the 3 mons thing, or do many do that and Regirock was just the only one worth doing it for?

It's 3% per remaining move. Also, so far, Regirock seems to be the only event legendary with the fourth-slot gimmick. Some players are researching all the individual stages to see if any others follow this rule. The gimmick to Shaymin, however, seems to be in how it applies its disruptions. If you have Shaymins or barriers on the board, it spawns Shaymins. If you have neither, it spawns barriers.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scored 1388th for Lucario :) I only participated because I really wanted it due to starting after Lucarionite event happened :c

I have finally beaten mega mewtwo Y with an S rank and 19 moves left due to my team of:
Mega gengar
Yveltal
Pinsir
and syther
They were all at max level which really helped, trust me the grinding hell is worth it, and I used every beneficial item to beat the level, the complexity -1 is what truly helped this the most. Because with it you can do this amazing thing called.......getting combos, dun dun dun!
Also I ended up getting 828 place in the lucario event this time, holy crap, I have never even gotten in the first 1k ever, whoop!

Got Lucarionite and Shaymin! Sadly it seems an underwhelming mega but I'm sure it'll have use in some future stages.

Got Shaymin as well. I was really impatient so used an attack up which gave me a 50% catch rate. It's good to see it has a useable attack power unlike poor Celebi.

I've still missed so many events because of how late I started. I'm mourning Kyo, Keldeo, Mew, Blastioisinite and Bannetite. At least I'm now finally in a position where I have the top mons to attempt future challenges.

EDIT: Also Pinsir, fuck that stage seriously what were they thinking?!

Reactions: JES
Now that I have beaten mega mewtwo I now know the horrors of Onix, and what it feels like to find a copy of the coding for that level, put it onto an SD card and then set it on fire while making a pentagram out of brim stone to send it back to the pits of hell from whence it came.

Now that I have beaten mega mewtwo I now know the horrors of Onix, and what it feels like to find a copy of the coding for that level, put it onto an SD card and then set it on fire while making a pentagram out of brim stone to send it back to the pits of hell from whence it came.
That'll just turn it into a Crystal Onix stage. On the upside, as obnoxious as some of the post-150 stages can be, they will never be as bad as Onix. Nope, not Chespin, not Froakie, not Braixen, not Quilladin, not Snorlax, not even Steelix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)