SG Summer'15 Shiny Rayquaza Code Giveway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My most influential, 'mon related game has to be Pokemon Emerald. My brother gave it to me back in 2007 and it "revived" my love towards Pokemon (which I gradually lost as I grew up) and thanks to it I started loving Pokemon-related stuff and learning/reading as much as I could from it (IVs/EVs, how to catch the legendaries, in-game lore, etc...) and, coupled with a Pokemon Diamond my parents gave me as a birthday present the same year when it came out, I became a full-fledged Pokefreak and never looked back lol. I also found my first Shiny Pokemon there (a Shiny Modest Loudred to be exact, which I MasterBall'd without thinking twice; I also found the exact same Loudred again two weeks later, which made me thought I was the luckiest guy in the world.... until I learned about Emerald's shitty RNG 5 years later); everything was super awesome (I nearly filled the Diamond's Dex by myself, I only needed like 10 'mons to complete it, and super rare event ones like Lugia/Ho-Oh at the time) until I stupidly lost my beloved games a year later... I managed to recover them like 2-3 years later though. c:

Ah, those two games bring back a lot of good memories when I was a complete noob back then...
I'm sorry, but I cannot give you a code, as you already have obtained one from another source.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but I cannot give you a code, as you already have obtained one from another source.
K sorry, I wanted another code for use in my XY, but its fine, rules are rules, my bad for not reading that little rule.

Most influential game, thats a hard question... In my case I think it would be The World Ends With You. I love everything about that game: the music, the graphics, the characters, the story. I spent many hours trying to get all the pins, noises, items, etc, but it was worth it :P That game also got me more interested in the japanese culture.

The only bad thing is that now I have to wait for that sequel that never comes T_T

Most influential game, thats a hard question... In my case I think it would be The World Ends With You. I love everything about that game: the music, the graphics, the characters, the story. I spent many hours trying to get all the pins, noises, items, etc, but it was worth it :P That game also got me more interested in the japanese culture.

The only bad thing is that now I have to wait for that sequel that never comes T_T
I have friends obsessed with TWEWY, even some who recently got into the game.

Your code's on the way.

Only one left, guys.

There are a few games that I can choose, between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Harvest Moon 64, Dragon Quest VIII, FF8, FF10, Tales of Symphonia. I think overall I have to go with FF8 because I just love all the features in the game, even though the story aspect of it isn't the best. I love Triple Triad, all the GFs, all the spells even though I almost never used them directly due to Junctioning, Limit Breaks, the monsters too. I also love turn based RPGs in general. Ugh it's so hard to choose just one game though XD.

There are a few games that I can choose, between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Harvest Moon 64, Dragon Quest VIII, FF8, FF10, Tales of Symphonia. I think overall I have to go with FF8 because I just love all the features in the game, even though the story aspect of it isn't the best. I love Triple Triad, all the GFs, all the spells even though I almost never used them directly due to Junctioning, Limit Breaks, the monsters too. I also love turn based RPGs in general. Ugh it's so hard to choose just one game though XD.
I think I was... six or seven when FF8 came out. I don't think I've showed any interest since then.

Anyway, that aside, code's on the way.

Thank you all for participating. I'll have more codes when my schedule permits it.

The game with the most influence on my life is probably Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. My family rented it (and eventually bought it) while we were in a transition between houses and lived in a small apartment while the new one was being built. This was also happening over summer, so my sister and I spent our time just exploring the vast world, trying to save the world from Bowser as one would do in a Mario game. Part of the joy in the game was that all of the characters had great personality and you could go back to NPCs in previous areas after beating a major boss and chances are they had something new to say. It really added to the atmosphere and made everything feel real. Wish they'd bring back Paper Mario (can't even bring myself to pick up the 3ds one).

The game with the most influence on my life is probably Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. My family rented it (and eventually bought it) while we were in a transition between houses and lived in a small apartment while the new one was being built. This was also happening over summer, so my sister and I spent our time just exploring the vast world, trying to save the world from Bowser as one would do in a Mario game. Part of the joy in the game was that all of the characters had great personality and you could go back to NPCs in previous areas after beating a major boss and chances are they had something new to say. It really added to the atmosphere and made everything feel real. Wish they'd bring back Paper Mario (can't even bring myself to pick up the 3ds one).
My sister loves Paper Mario and won't stop begging me to hook up the Wii just to play TTYD.

Your code's on the way.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The most influential game for me has probably been Pokémon Blue; it was the beginning of a lifelong fixation with the series. It was the first time that gaming became a social experience for me, allowing me to interact with others, a hobby that has given me a large group of gaming friends who've played a plethora of games together in our time.

Another thing generation I Pokémon games gave me; my sister and I also shared a Game Boy, her playing Pokémon Red and me playing Pokémon Blue, which gave us something to do other than bicker/arguing all the time, aiming towards the common goal of collecting all 150 Pokémon on one of the cartridges. It was also this time that spawned another lifelong interest in Speed-Running (mostly watching, but occasionally playing) games, since in order to complete the game on my sister's cartridge, I would repeatedly play through the game to gather the required things.

I'd imagine it isn't the game I spent the most hours playing, but it certainly gave me many things which have stuck with me ever since.
Thank you for hosting the giveaway :).

The most influential game for me has probably been Pokémon Blue; it was the beginning of a lifelong fixation with the series. It was the first time that gaming became a social experience for me, allowing me to interact with others, a hobby that has given me a large group of gaming friends who've played a plethora of games together in our time.

Another thing generation I Pokémon games gave me; my sister and I also shared a Game Boy, her playing Pokémon Red and me playing Pokémon Blue, which gave us something to do other than bicker/arguing all the time, aiming towards the common goal of collecting all 150 Pokémon on one of the cartridges. It was also this time that spawned another lifelong interest in Speed-Running (mostly watching, but occasionally playing) games, since in order to complete the game on my sister's cartridge, I would repeatedly play through the game to gather the required things.

I'd imagine it isn't the game I spent the most hours playing, but it certainly gave me many things which have stuck with me ever since.
Thank you for hosting the giveaway :).
Man, I started with Blue as well. An ENT introduced me to the series. Didn't like it at first, then I gave it a try.

Your code's on the way.

My most influential game maybe is Silent Hill 2.I thought that the SH saga was very interesting, so I bought SH2, usually considered the best of the series.I think I made a great chioce, the atmosphere, the OST, the story and the philosophy behind it, all those things in this games are amazing. After that, I bought all the main chapters of the series except Homecoming.Too bad Konami cancelled Silent Hills.:(

My most influential game maybe is Silent Hill 2.I thought that the SH saga was very interesting, so I bought SH2, usually considered the best of the series.I think I made a great chioce, the atmosphere, the OST, the story and the philosophy behind it, all those things in this games are amazing. After that, I bought all the main chapters of the series except Homecoming.Too bad Konami cancelled Silent Hills.:(
A damn shame about Silent Hills. Looks like MGS5's the last one I'll be buying off them.

I have to ask you a question first before you get your code, alright?

Last edited:

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Thanks for hosting this giveaway, I definitely appreciate the opportunity to finally get an event legendary. Since I got my 3DS (for a good prize) in asia, I couldn't really get any codes here in Germany^^.

I haven't tried out many DS games besides Pokemon, partially because of the region lock, so I'd like to talk about a PC game that was quite influential for me: Teeworlds. Basically, it's a multiplayer shooter game in a very simple 2D look, which has the premise of stealing the opponents flag and bringing it back to your own base. In order to do this, you are given an arsenal of weapons to respawn approaching opponents in their own base, and a hook to swing around for advanced mobility. Although the graphics might seem very simple, the game includes a great amount of skill and strategie, since you are playing in real time against other players. Teeworlds was in fact the first multiplayer online game that I came across, namely during informatics lessons in school when a few classmates realized that the wireless LAN connection between the computers could be also used for multiplayer games. As a bonus, you are able to redesign almost anything in the game, from your skin design to the maps you play in, and even create new mods of play if you're accustumed to CC+. In fact, I created a few game maps back than, which people still like to play nowadays.

Thanks for hosting this giveaway, I definitely appreciate the opportunity to finally get an event legendary. Since I got my 3DS (for a good prize) in asia, I couldn't really get any codes here in Germany^^.

I haven't tried out many DS games besides Pokemon, partially because of the region lock, so I'd like to talk about a PC game that was quite influential for me: Teeworlds. Basically, it's a multiplayer shooter game in a very simple 2D look, which has the premise of stealing the opponents flag and bringing it back to your own base. In order to do this, you are given an arsenal of weapons to respawn approaching opponents in their own base, and a hook to swing around for advanced mobility. Although the graphics might seem very simple, the game includes a great amount of skill and strategie, since you are playing in real time against other players. Teeworlds was in fact the first multiplayer online game that I came across, namely during informatics lessons in school when a few classmates realized that the wireless LAN connection between the computers could be also used for multiplayer games. As a bonus, you are able to redesign almost anything in the game, from your skin design to the maps you play in, and even create new mods of play if you're accustumed to CC+. In fact, I created a few game maps back than, which people still like to play nowadays.
Huh. Never heard.

Anyway, your code should be there shortly. Had to do a bit of research on what your 3DS region was.

Thanks for hosting this giveaway :D.
For me, the most influential game has got to be Pokemon Emerald. This was my first game I got and was the spark that got me into Pokemon and gaming. I could still remember the sleepless nights I've had playing pokemon, trying to level them up and beating the gym leader. The excitement and surprise you get when you see your pokemon is evolving. Pokemon Emerald began my love for gaming and pokemon. After Pokemon Emerald, when gen 4 begun, I saved up all my money and begged my parents to get pokemon diamond for me. So for me, Pokemon Emerald is the most influential game.

Thanks for hosting this giveaway :D.
For me, the most influential game has got to be Pokemon Emerald. This was my first game I got and was the spark that got me into Pokemon and gaming. I could still remember the sleepless nights I've had playing pokemon, trying to level them up and beating the gym leader. The excitement and surprise you get when you see your pokemon is evolving. Pokemon Emerald began my love for gaming and pokemon. After Pokemon Emerald, when gen 4 begun, I saved up all my money and begged my parents to get pokemon diamond for me. So for me, Pokemon Emerald is the most influential game.
That's pretty late into Gen 3, but not a bad place to start.

Your code should be there in a few.

Deus Ex.

I'm hard-pressed to even think of something as ambitious as this thing. A First-Person Shooter? Yeah, it's that. An RPG? It's that too. Stealth? Gotcha covered. It's got some of the best level design in the industry, myriads of choices and customizations, and a dizzying 80s conspiracy-laden plot that is as lengthy and campy as it is enjoyable. This is the sort of game you can play over and over due to the different playstyles and choice paths possible. It's the game that set a lot of the golden standard for a lot of things in a similar vein, and is without a doubt the crowning achievement of famed game designer Warren Spector, one he tried to repeat with Invisible War to an unfortunate lack of success. Deus Ex: Human Revolution does come close to regaining its glory days, however, and is a game I'd also heartily recommend.

Deus Ex.

I'm hard-pressed to even think of something as ambitious as this thing. A First-Person Shooter? Yeah, it's that. An RPG? It's that too. Stealth? Gotcha covered. It's got some of the best level design in the industry, myriads of choices and customizations, and a dizzying 80s conspiracy-laden plot that is as lengthy and campy as it is enjoyable. This is the sort of game you can play over and over due to the different playstyles and choice paths possible. It's the game that set a lot of the golden standard for a lot of things in a similar vein, and is without a doubt the crowning achievement of famed game designer Warren Spector, one he tried to repeat with Invisible War to an unfortunate lack of success. Deus Ex: Human Revolution does come close to regaining its glory days, however, and is a game I'd also heartily recommend.
I like you already.

Your code should be in your inbox shortly.

Oh nice giveaway!

Hmm. One of the most influential games on me was Pokemon Yellow. It was the first Pokemon game that I saw someone playing (on emulator, no less!) and I was excited when I finally got my own computer and able to play the same game. Well, the story and gameplay got me hooked (I still miss being able to get all starters without trading/breeding), and it led me on to play all the later games in the series (never skipped a Gen, even though I quite hated Unova, unlike many people around).

Hope this answers your question. Thanks in advance if I get a code!

Oh nice giveaway!

Hmm. One of the most influential games on me was Pokemon Yellow. It was the first Pokemon game that I saw someone playing (on emulator, no less!) and I was excited when I finally got my own computer and able to play the same game. Well, the story and gameplay got me hooked (I still miss being able to get all starters without trading/breeding), and it led me on to play all the later games in the series (never skipped a Gen, even though I quite hated Unova, unlike many people around).

Hope this answers your question. Thanks in advance if I get a code!
Never skipped a gen either, and I have mostly eh feelings about Gen 5, despite BW(2)'s usefulness in my RNGing endeavors.

Your code should be in your inbox in a bit.

The most influential game for me is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It was the first game that I played that made me feel that I had absolute freedom to do what I wanted in the game. It was nice to have an option to completely ignore the main quest and just go about exploring the world and there was a lot to explore and find out. Also, the game made me feel that my actions had consequences, whether that was completing a quest in a certain way that would cause factions to treat me with greater or less respect, disposing of a merchant to get some quick cash at the risk of losing out on a vendor for the rest of the game, or taking out an npc that would halt my completion in a quest line.

Thanks for the giveaway.

The most influential game for me is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It was the first game that I played that made me feel that I had absolute freedom to do what I wanted in the game. It was nice to have an option to completely ignore the main quest and just go about exploring the world and there was a lot to explore and find out. Also, the game made me feel that my actions had consequences, whether that was completing a quest in a certain way that would cause factions to treat me with greater or less respect, disposing of a merchant to get some quick cash at the risk of losing out on a vendor for the rest of the game, or taking out an npc that would halt my completion in a quest line.

Thanks for the giveaway.
I kinda gave up on Bethesda after Skyrim. I found it very bland compared to their previous titles.

That aside, your code should be there soon.

Only one left!

One story because it was an interesting question...
my most influential games is Etrian Odyssey. this game likes wizardry and Dungeons & Dragons.
but it is arranged in modern style.(Character design,user interface,Quest contents,or others)
By nature roleplaying game did not like.but then after finished this game,My mind had become a prisoner.One is shocking story, another is difficult degree of difficulty, and the other is for beautiful music(In particular destruction begets decay).
It is a minor game, but it is recommended.

My most influential game is Pokémon.
It's a long story... I'm disabled, and back when I was 5 or 6, I always wanted to run and play freely like every other children did. One day, I watched the Pokémon anime on TV, and I imagined being a Trainer and travel and make friends all over the world, along with many cute Pokémon. And from that very moment, I didn't feeling lonely, or sad anymore. Years later, after my family had access to the Internet, I found that the Pokémon series hadn't ended like I thought; my memories all went back, and I tried to watch all the anime, read all the manga, play all the games (on emulator) about Pokémon, like crazy. I know that it's very hard to buy a console and/or a Pokémon game in my country, as they are very unpopular. But 2 months ago, my sister has managed to buy me a 3DS and a Omega Ruby cartridge! I was so happy!
Maybe it's just a coincidence, and makes no sense to you at all, but Pokémon has a truly significant role in my life. It makes me happy, and gives me willpower to live on, right from when I was a child. That's why I love Pokémon so much!

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hmm, this is a tough one. As much as I love Pokemon, I think my most influential video game would have to be Spyro the Dragon, from the PSX era.

As a kid, I used to sneak in my sister's room when she wasn't around and play her NES and games such as Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt, but since I was still basically a toddler at this point, I never really understood the concept of video games, nor was I good at them. Fast forward a few years later, and our family got a PSX for Christmas 1998. While each sibling got a game for themselves, the first game I got that I could finally call my own was Spyro the Dragon. I spent many hours on that game exploring the world, collecting gems and burning/headbutting gnorcs. I also used to find it hilarious to flame those gnorcs from the second main world, who would turn around and drop their pants in front of you. lol

Even today, I can still pick up the PSX Spyro games and have a blast with them. It's a shame the newer games have been so...poor; if it wasn't for Spyro, I doubt I would've had the interest to pick up Pokemon Red for the Game Boy a year later, thus I wouldn't be here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)