NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAY 4 UPDATE

Final votecount:

sunny004 (5): vonFiedler, Fatecrashers, Mithril, sunny004, ButteredToast
PokeguyNXB (1): Odd Ghost
Spiffy (1): Celever

Saved by the whiskers last time, as the Wastelanders chose 'Amianki' over 'sunny004' in the previous day. But it was inevitable that, they would return to their most suspected Wastelander on the following day. The accused struggled to defend himself, and the Wastelanders were having none of it. They sent him to the Gas Chambers, and hoped that the mutation would stop with him, and that they could finally have some peace in the desert.

Hours after his death, when people searched 'sunny004's place, they saw a lab report, torn and rugged around the edges, which made it difficult to read.
Dear Norden sunny004,

you are Lily Bowen.

“What’s the matter, dearie? Afraid that grandma will embarrass you in front of your little friends?”

When the war struck, you were lucky enough to live in one of the vaults meant to protect humanity from the nukes - until you were dipped in vats of Forced Evolutionary Virus when Super Mutants broke into the vault, causing your mutation into the hideous creature you are now. Years of Stealth Boy abuse leave you as you are right now, a schizophrenic, elderly nightkin. You may have some holes in your memory and the occasional psychotic episode, but over the years, your strength hasn’t suffered one bit.

You are a Vanilla Wastelander. You have no night action.

You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.
Looks like the Wastelanders have mercy killed one of their own, to make way for them to figure out the Caesar's Legion from among themselves. Although, the decision might help them to focus on other targets, it is unclear as to how they would actually end up doing it.

The Caesar’s Legion, however, don't seem all that elated. But it is after all, one down and many to go, for them. Who would they go for in the following night? And will the Wastelanders ever find Caesar?

Stay tuned, as the Mojave Desert seems to be brewing a surprise for the near future.
sunny004 (5): Celever, vonFiedler, Fatecrashers, Mithril, sunny004, ButteredToast
PokeguyNXB (1): Odd Ghost
Spiffy (1): Celever
Jalmont (0): ButteredToast
Mithril (0): Odd Ghost
This post marks the beginning of Night 4. Night 4 will last until 31st of May, 8PM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time), or 48 hours from this post (may be earlier depending on actions). Please get in your actions before that point.

Note: Update to the OP, thread title and a few other details would be done by MC in a short while.

The Wastelanders were in a lugubrious state. There were nine of them in the Desert, looking at each other with detached suspicion from their porch. Whom to trust? Who to believe as one of their own? With a slight wetness in their eyes, they look at each other, wondering; how long do they really have until every one of them has fallen at the hands of their own, or secretly hunted down in the darkness by the Legion.

One other person would bite the dust tonight, but there is hardly anything they could do about it. They could only pray to the almighty, to show them the right way. The right path, that would lead them to Caesar and his Legions.

Knowing their current state of melancholy, the announcer plays a record on his iGramophone.
Announcer said:
np: erik satie - gymnopedie no. 1

Sorry for the delay, I was rather busy and unable to update the game on time. Everything should be running right on schedule again, though.

The decapitation spree that has hit the Mojave over the last nights has not ended just yet - as you gather with the other Wastelanders (and the Legionaries among you), you find yet another headless, butchered body. The head is nowhere to be found, but the note next to the body says enough:

Dear ButteredToast,

you are President Kimball.

“Four years ago, we held this dam, a line that Caesar cannot cross. Today, you stand here with our brothers and sisters to hold that line.”

When the New California Republic first made its way into the Mojave Desert, you climbed the ranks and made it to General - now, years later, you are the NCR’s president, and your focus is still on the Mojave. The autocratic style of government that once made you popular now gets criticized a lot as the NCR spreads its resources thin, but the fact of the matter is that you still lead the primary army stationed in the Mojave, and you’re out for the Legion’s defeat.

You are a Vanilla Wastelander. You have no night action.

You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.
Yet another high-profile target has been polished off by the Legion; will the Wastelanders be able to make a comeback?

This post marks the beginning of Day 5. Results are going out now, do not post until I confirmed that all results are sent.

All night results are out. If you feel like you didn't receive anything while you should have, let either me or Gale now.

The exact deadline will be announced later, but the projected day length right now is 72 hours, so don't waste any time!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
OK, well I was... wrong about sunny... and was wrong about HD before.............

Successful game thus far! >~< I also don't really have a scum read here. To me, Pokeguy seems sincere, so I'm not sure. It's also useful that BT's dead... I'll try and do some analysis on differences between his reads between Day 3 and Day 4. HD was gotten rid of Day 2 IIRC, so the fact that he didn't die that night strikes me as odd. Why last night?

Celever

i am town
apparently spiffy was a better target on n2 which i could see as logical, the real oddity is serious bananas dying before butteredtoast
Oh yeah, that's what I meant to say. It's just difficult typing on a phone and only having one tab so I can't check my facts. SB's death is certainly odd, but what if HD had inspected him at one point? IIRC HD was an inspector, and SB was a tracker/watcher (idr which) so it's certainly a possibility... but then why would they kill Spiffy before SB? HD must have inspected SB before his death, yet Spiffy was tried to kill AFTER HD's death, but BEFORE SB's. It doesn't really add up... all that I can think of is that Spiffy made a discovery on Day 2 which the mafia just HAD to get out of the way. When I get home I'll see if I can't find something there too.

I would like someone else to say something though. While this day has only been open about 6 hours, I feel like others must have seen the thread by now...

HD was a role name inspector and there doesn't seem to be any connection between role name and role

spiffy was likely killed because he was the most town player following the end of day 2

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Hmm... I'm still unsure about how many scum there are... I believe it's 2 or 3 left atm, which means we may be at mylo (if 3 scum left), but then again maybe not. I'm unsure if the host announces when it's mylo/lylo or not, but I think it's more likely at this point for there to be 2 scum, but I honestly have no clue. It's honestly up to you guys on whether or not you're willing to play as if it's mylo or not... I don't think it's necessary yet, but I may change my mind if enough people think we should be playing that way

Celever

i am town
Hmm... I'm still unsure about how many scum there are... I believe it's 2 or 3 left atm, which means we may be at mylo (if 3 scum left), but then again maybe not. I'm unsure if the host announces when it's mylo/lylo or not, but I think it's more likely at this point for there to be 2 scum, but I honestly have no clue. It's honestly up to you guys on whether or not you're willing to play as if it's mylo or not... I don't think it's necessary yet, but I may change my mind if enough people think we should be playing that way
Huh, wow, I'd never have even thought about this. According to the OP, there are 8 live players. If there are 3 scum, that means that there are 5 townies, and so if we mislynch today, one of those townies will die bringing the total number to 3, and then a successful NK will bring it down to 3 townies, making the scum win. However, our doctor isn't dead yet, and there's a fair chance we've got a hooker too; a successful NK isn't by any means a certainty. Maybe this is why the hosts haven't announced MYLO if there are 3 mafia, but generally hosts announce MYLO based on numbers and not roles, so I'm not sure. I think it's safe to say that there's only 2 mafia right now, but we can't know for definite (unless the hosts confirm it, of course ;)).

While checking the live players list, I noticed this: "Day 2: Haunted Diamond - Legion Role Cop". "Role Cop"? That's the name of the role which finds out the role (meaning action, e.g watcher, vanilla) of another player. Are we sure that HD just inspected the name of the Role PM? It seems fairly useless as it only tells the mafia about flavour...

More Cowbell said:
Dear Haunted Diamond,

you are Vulpes Inculta.

“Whenever the opportunity presents, strike at the profligates. Pile body upon body.”

You are the leader of the Frumentarii, Caesar’s army of spies that keep an eye on the Mojave and execute acts of terror. You are behind one of the greatest atrocities of the Legion yet, holding a lottery in the town of Nipton to determine who gets to live, and who will be nailed to a cross. In the end, there are only two survivors. Besides your cunning, the most recognizable thing about you is the dead fox you wear on your head.

You are the Legion Role Cop. Every night, you may send a PM to the hosts, titled “Night X - Spy on <USER>’’. Successfully doing so will grant you the role name of the user you targeted.

As a member of the Legion, you are allowed to talk to your fellow bad-guys in The Fort, which is the conversation on Smogon going by the same name.

You are allied with Caesar’s Legion. You win when the Legion eliminates the Wastelanders, or if nothing can prevent the same.
Well finding the actual Role PM... didn't actually clear up anything. What does role name mean in this case? Generally role name refers to the name of the character the role PM is based on (in this case Vulpes Inculta) but that's just utterly useless, which is especially stupid because it seems likely that there's only 3 mafia in this game, and one of those is a post restrictor! More Cowbell Gale Wing Srock, could either of you clear this up a bit please?

Anyway, these are the live players:

Ullar Mithril
Celever
Jalmont
vonFiedler
PokeguyNXB
Fatecrashers
rssp1 Odd Ghost
Spiffy

Truth be told, I don't have a scum read on any of these players, which isn't useful since there are 2-3 scum in the lot. I'm going to rank them from towniest to scummiest and lynch who I think is the least town... And I'll provide reasoning afterwards, of course.

Celever
Spiffy
Fatecrashers
PokeguyNXB
Jalmont
vonFiedler
rssp1 Odd Ghost
Ullar Mithril

Celever ~ Well, I know that I'm town, you guys don't. Naturally on my list I'm the towniest, though.

Spiffy ~ Is the BPV. I would find him much scummier if this weren't an almost confirmed fact (either above or below von, I'm not sure right now).

Fatecrashers ~ I'm not sure, really. There's just... nothing scummy that I've found about him. Maybe a few odd plays (e.g lynching HD because defending him would make Fate look scummier seeing as how HD had buddied him before) but there's nothing he's done which can't be justified from a townie's perspective, and he's been consistent in his play throughout the game. He reminds me a bit of Ace Emerald in Great Idea Mafia, who was a really obvious townie. Quite surprised at the amount of suspicion cast on him TBH.

PokeguyNXB ~ Like I've said before, i just find his posts incredibly sincere which I think would be too difficult to pull off as scum, especially for a relatively new player. He's also put in more of an effort recently to improve actual substance in his posts too. IDK, I think of him as town. /me shrug

Jalmont ~ Jalmont is actually also playing well IMO. His D1 gambit to create discussion was actually a good idea IMO, though it certainly seems like an unpopular opinion. He does seem more interested in the game than normal, which could be a scumtell, but something's telling me it's not. Probably because I'm having a lot of fun with this game, so Jalmont could quite easily be too! :p

vonFiedler ~ von's an odd case here. He seems really angry and quick to defend himself, which are often scumtells, but it's just von's personality from what I've played with him. He hasn't done anything particularly townie and he's definitely a fairly argumentative players, but I don't know whether this is an indication of him being scum or what. It's confusing >~<

rssp1 Odd Ghost ~ This is very simple. rssp was a fantastic contributor when he was active, but said activity did die fairly quickly (he started lurking a lot more than he did the day he was subbed in) and this can be an indication of scum, but rssp also could have simply run into things he needed to spend his time with IRL. The problem is that I don't like Odd Ghost's play thus far at all. I just find it scummy... But I don't know Odd Ghost at all. rssp is remedying Odd Ghost's play for me rn, but we'll see what I think of him throughout the day.

Ullar Mithril ~ These two are currently at the bottom of my townie list, but it's just because I haven't seen them do anything extraordindary. I'm held back by the fact that Ullar never does anything extraordinary, and I don't know Mithril's play style at all. Mithril has been fairly solid thus far, though a lot of this is through reiteration from more trusted town players from Spiffy IIRC. While these two are my scummiest, this is because I really don't have a very large read on them, because while Mithril hasn't done anything spectacular, he HAS been very solid and consistent, which I also mentioned in Fate's description, and he was my highest town read based on actions alone.

I think that, even though at the top of these reads I said that I would vote for the person at the bottom of the townie list, I actually would rather lynch Odd Ghost. rssp1 was a very good town contributor, but I'm very interested in observing Odd Ghost over the course of this day, especially if he has some pressure on him, so...

Lynch Odd Ghost.

I'll try to do post analysis later on if people think it'd be helpful, but it's really boring and probably won't amount to anything if I do it in the long run because I have such a positive outlook on all of the players in the game right now anyway.

Well finding the actual Role PM... didn't actually clear up anything. What does role name mean in this case? Generally role name refers to the name of the character the role PM is based on (in this case Vulpes Inculta) but that's just utterly useless, which is especially stupid because it seems likely that there's only 3 mafia in this game, and one of those is a post restrictor! More Cowbell Gale Wing Srock, could either of you clear this up a bit please?
With "role name", we mean something like "Vanilla Wastelander", "Legion Role Cop" or "Wild Card". I understand the confusion.

Hi nooblets I really want to apologize for my nonexistent activity last day and that won't happen again.

I have to read like all of last day still but I don't see how HD's flip really makes Jalmont look any better like he seems to be trying to reinforce. That kind of worries me.

I really think we should all just claim now, I want to hear thoughts on this.

Anyway yeah I'm gonna read back and post anymore thoughts I have soonish.

Also I was Post Restricted so I have to say "PokeNGuy is always right" so there ya go.

You were taken to The Fort this night, but you were safely returned in the morning.
So I got this result last night...I'm curious if anyone else has received something similar in this game. I looked up The Fort: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fort, and it is the base of Caesar's Legion, I'm just not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Celevar...can you reword the section on me? I'm trying to piece together what you were saying and I'm struggling. I'm least town but most town by actions...is this what you were trying to say?

As for quick thoughts...I think Celevar, Fate, and Spiffy are fairly town in my eyes currently. Pokeguy town leaning unsure. vonFielder and Odd_Ghost I have absolutely no idea. Highest mafia read is Jalmont. I'll expand on this later though.

I have class soon, but I'll try to have more useful things to say after that.

As for Spiffy wanting mass claims, at this point it's probably correct. If we have an inspector, I feel like expecting more than four nights of results is pushing it. But with a Watcher I'm not sure if we'll actually have an inspector TBH.

"PokeNGuy is always right" blahblahblah

vonFiedler said:
Interesting. Not only was rssp1 not voting for HD when he got lynched, but he was one of two people always voting for Cancerous on day 1. He also just plain didn't participate in the lynch that killed a neutral, but that might have more to do with his inactivity.

Early game rssp1 always kept himself out of the lineup of accusations regarding activity by posting just enough, but I wonder looking back how insightful his posts ever actually were. I encourage people to look back and decide for themselves.

Then there's the very strange subbing out by the host. More Cowbell was desperate to find a sub, but when he finally had one and didn't need it, he used it to sub out someone who didn't want out? Is it possible that rssp1 had a mafia teammate or two complaining about his absence? Perhaps his idling is why we haven't seen another post restriction.
This reasoning actually makes a lot of sense to me and rssp1/Odd Ghost is probably my biggest target for today. It is kind of worrying that people just kind of bandwagoned sunny after but that I think that's more attributed to the inactivity of the day. I also would have supported a sunny lynch based off of Serious Banana being watcher and tunneling him.

Odd Ghost claim your role now.

Celever

i am town
So I got this result last night...I'm curious if anyone else has received something similar in this game. I looked up The Fort: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fort, and it is the base of Caesar's Legion, I'm just not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Celevar...can you reword the section on me? I'm trying to piece together what you were saying and I'm struggling. I'm least town but most town by actions...is this what you were trying to say?

As for quick thoughts...I think Celevar, Fate, and Spiffy are fairly town in my eyes currently. Pokeguy town leaning unsure. vonFielder and Odd_Ghost I have absolutely no idea. Highest mafia read is Jalmont. I'll expand on this later though.

I have class soon, but I'll try to have more useful things to say after that.
Umm... IDK. Like I said, I don't think you're scum. You're just... the least towny. Basically I have no read on you at this moment in time? There's really nothing for you to defend against, just from my observations I couldn't put you above anyone else on that list. I just need more time to read you, it's nothing you've done :p

"PokeNGuy is always right" blahblahblah

This reasoning actually makes a lot of sense to me and rssp1/Odd Ghost is probably my biggest target for today. It is kind of worrying that people just kind of bandwagoned sunny after but that I think that's more attributed to the inactivity of the day. I also would have supported a sunny lynch based off of Serious Banana being watcher and tunneling him.

Odd Ghost claim your role now.
LOL WTF slow down man. One guy said "yeah, sure, the time is right to mass claim" and you start demanding them? Slow down. It's too early for a mass claim still IMO. Mas claiming is a last resort. For God's sake think about the roles that are left! You want the doctor to claim?

spiffy why does it worry you if you think that i think it makes me look better? i'm not trying to push anything re: HD's flip. it makes me look good from an objective standpoint considering our interaction day 1 (unless you consider it to be a bus). i'm not telling you that's how it is, you are free to make whatever valid generalization from that if you'd like, you can it makes me look bad i don't really care

we should mass claim because when the majority of the game has no strong reads on any player and only has "least town" reads then we've run out of ideas. it makes sense anyways given that we'll probably catch someone based on role pm grammar alone

actually let's not mass claim until i finish writing my fake. k?

Mithril's fort thing is really weird and if no one can corroborate it, I am inclined to believe it to be something the mafia made up for town cred. Interested to hear his case on me (considering I think after pokeguy I am the easiest lynch at this point in the game).

I just want Odd Ghost to claim for starters. He seems like the best target at the moment. Either way there's like 3 options for the mafia to guess the doctor anyway since Fate and I have claimed and assuming there are two of them left. And that's not including anyone Haunted Diamond could have inspected which could limit their doctor possibilities even more. So I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Also what Jalmont said.

Jalmont I just think it was weird that people included you in the group of users that were "cleaned" (term used very loosely) when HD flipped when I don't think you looked good coming out of that.

It's not all that weird for the reason I stated earlier. Like I said, you can choose to believe otherwise, but it's not like there isn't a valid reason to think that that flip helped me moreso than it hurt me and that there's some sort of conspiracy going on.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When ISN'T it too early to mass claim? When we're certain that there's 1 mafia left AND it's LYLO?

Don't fucking claim, not even under peer pressure. Some of those peers may well be mafia anyway. All a mass claim will do is give the mafia perfect night kills. We haven't even lost a doctor, hooker, or inspector yet. I'm certain we don't have all three, but I'm also certain we have one. You really want to give that one to the mafia tonight?

I'd say I can't fucking believe Spiffy is still on about this, and calling Sunny a bandwagon. We're 2 for 2 on hostile targets (and yes, Amianki was DEF hostile). In an NOC game, we are doing fairly as expected. Sunny was lynched cause the watcher had his nuts. That's unfortunate, but nothing can be gleaned from that lynch. It was too solid, while Odd Ghost wasn't. Now Odd Ghost still isn't a terrible lynch target, but I've got another idea.

If Spiffy was mafia, he could easily have known that Sunny004 was village. So even though the evidence against Sunny was absolutely damning, all he had to do was sit back and not post for a whole day cycle. Then he comes back "wow, I can't believe you guys bandwagoned Sunny, I mean I didn't, cause I'm sooo town you guys". Yeah, but ya didn't sop us.

But Spiffy IS village, you say? Cause he "was the BPV?" How quick was he to claim that? Even though, if he was village, it'd help the mafia narrow down who to kill/hook? But how concrete is this at all? If the kill that night was stopped by a doctor or a hooker, he'd know and the village wouldn't. And if it was stopped by a hooker, that hooker would have caught mafia. But that can be headed off at the pass if a villager's "BPV" is destroyed. If you're the village hooker, I'd give strong thoughts about who you hooked that night.

But he was the first to really get in HD's grill? Yeah, and the first to give up and deflate that lynch. HD wasn't lynched on Day 1 precisely because Spiffy told everyone to back off, and over reasoning he would contradict later. Well, he definitely did HD few favors, but we all saw HD's play, we'd have all bussed him. Can anyone be said to have buddied him?

It's so dangerous at this point to assume that anyone short of being inspected is village over anything but continually strong reasoning skills. Even Fate, who has NEVER acted as scummy as Spiffy has suggested (and will probably go back after if I give him the excuse), could be a mafia announcer. Though I put lower odds on that just from numbers. They either have a PR or an announcer, not both.

And then there's Spiffy's oldest buddy Jalmont. Now, just in case people don't have the patience to remember or reread, suddenly Spiffy was the cleanest townie at the end of Day 2. Even though BT and I were the superstars of the HD lynch. Nice try guy. Now it'd be such a Jalmont thing to confuse the end of Day 2 (when BT and I got HD lynched) with the start of Day 3 (where Spiffy claimed BPV). But to what end? Why is it so important to reinforce the idea that Spiffy was a good target that night? Maybe because we KNOW he wasn't, and Fate was starting to catch on. Mafia had a role cop. They happen to kill the watcher on Night 3, someone under everyone's radar until then. Why? If they had inspected him it makes sense, but then why not kill him on Night 2? Unless they DID try to. If you're a doctor who covered Serious Bananas on N2, don't come out and say it, but think about it.

The rather forced but minor conflict between Jalmont and Spiffy all of a sudden has not succeeded in making me think they aren't on the same team, if that was the intent.

OddGhost is still not a bad idea for a lynch today, but I'm gonna
Lynch Spiffy
Because I'm pretty certain there's a village hooker or doctor who wants to as well now, and I don't want them sticking their neck out alone.

I'd strongly encourage Fatecrashers PokeguyNXB Mithril @OddGhost to give thought to my post. I really hope you guys are villagers, as I think we're doomed if all of Spiffy, Jalmont, and Celever are at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)