NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As to whether or not we have an inspector, keep in mind guys it's not like an inspector is going to get A mafia, then come out and say "yo, I'm the inspector and this guy is mafia". What they'd do is just keep putting pressure on that scum they know is mafia. If they couldn't get a lynch to work one day, they'd try again later with new info. Only if they got a good sizeable chunk of the remaining mafia would they come out and essentially win the game. It's an art, you tunnel too hard and no one takes you seriously/the mafia know to kill you (but then that backfires and the villages knows who the inspector hated). Of course it's also possible with deaths that the inspector has caught no one, or previously caught HD. Just food for thought. Only the existence of watcher suggests that we might not have one.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
von you try to explain the absence of a kill on n2 as the result of the village hooker, but then how do you explain the absence of a post restriction for the past two days? it seems to me that the hooker got the restrictor on n2 and then used n3 and n4 to basically confirm that he did, and at the moment i'm not convinced that spiffy lied about his bpv

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Lol @ how bad at this von is

"PokeNGuy is always right"
I may be wrong, but of all the "argumentative, angry" posts made by more than just me in this game, this is the one post that does NOTHING but insult the person accusing you without even bothering to make an argument. So I'd worry about how good a player you are before worrying about me.

Fatecrashers said:
von you try to explain the absence of a kill on n2 as the result of the village hooker, but then how do you explain the absence of a post restriction for the past two days? it seems to me that the hooker got the restrictor on n2 and then used n3 and n4 to basically confirm that he did, and at the moment i'm not convinced that spiffy lied about his bpv
There's zero reason the PR can't be the killer. Alternatively, there's also zero reason the mafia can't just not use their PR to fuck with us. God knows I wouldn't even bother using a PR at all. Of course hooker was an option, there's also maybe a doctor who might have stopped that night kill.

But if you're right, then there should be a good target today. Everyone has posted, and only Celever has lynched someone else. That person being Odd Ghost. I guess take of that what you will.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
von can you just run down who the last two mafia are

(yes i just scum slipped)
Yeah, I see your fake sarcasm and raise you facts.

There are 8 of us. If we mislynch today and a villager dies, there will be six of us. Since it's not MYLO today, there are two mafia left. Could be you and Spiffy. Might be what I've been saying.

I'm sure no one thinks you actually just "admitted" to being scum. But what you DID just do is try to confuse the village with fake numbers. And why would you be so sure there are 3 mafia left anyway?

So yeah, maybe you did just scum flip.

re: von's post

claiming stuff whatever

we aren't 2 for 2 on lynches we are 2 for 4

he wouldn't have "easily" known, he would've known but ok.

what does spiffy gain by lying about BPV if the village does have a BPV - that seems like a poor plan given the circumstance that even w/o claiming the lynch def gave points to spiffy (feel free to dispute this but it's not untrue)

he looked good based off of d2 where they had the back and forth going between claiming

no shit anyone can be mafia that's not news

this part makes no sense who is "we" do you mean "I, vonfiedler"? and why do "we know" that spiffy wasn't a good nightkill target?? your inspection thing makes no sense because HD wasn't a role cop, but a role name cop. so they wouldn't have known SB was the tracker unless they assumed from the role name which also doesn't make sense given that there doesn't seem to be any connection between role name and role

"PokeNGuy is always right"

God von your penchant with accusing me is so annoying and makes no sense ONCE AGAIN AS EVERYONE CAN SEE.

vonFiedler said:
I'd say I can't fucking believe Spiffy is still on about this, and calling Sunny a bandwagon.
I would call three votes for one person in a row a bandwagon.
vonFiedler said:
If Spiffy was mafia, he could easily have known that Sunny004 was village. So even though the evidence against Sunny was absolutely damning, all he had to do was sit back and not post for a whole day cycle. Then he comes back "wow, I can't believe you guys bandwagoned Sunny, I mean I didn't, cause I'm sooo town you guys". Yeah, but ya didn't sop us.
You either don't read well or are doing anything in your power to misconstrue what I've said. Here was what I said on the sunny lynch:
Spiffy said:
It is kind of worrying that people just kind of bandwagoned sunny after but that I think that's more attributed to the inactivity of the day. I also would have supported a sunny lynch based off of Serious Banana being watcher and tunneling him.
I never said "OMG IM SO VILLAGE I DIDN'T VOTE FOR SUNNY AND YOU GUYS ARE SCUM". I even fucking said I would have voted for sunny too based on the seemingly valid evidence against him. And I ALSO said that the bandwagon could just be due to the lack of posts in the day which just made it SEEM like a bandwagon when the votes fell one after the other.

vonFiedler said:
They happen to kill the watcher on Night 3, someone under everyone's radar until then. Why? If they had inspected him it makes sense, but then why not kill him on Night 2? Unless they DID try to. If you're a doctor who covered Serious Bananas on N2, don't come out and say it, but think about it
Assuming the doctor is notified that they have successfully blocked a kill (I think they would be?) then there is absolutely NO reason for them NOT to come out right now and out me for the "liar" you think I am if they blocked a kill on Night 2. As you said, we have a decent lead having lynched two anti towns, so the trade of a power role for scum is advantageous to the town. You're saying "Everyone consider the slight possibility that the hooker/doctor blocked the kill, but the power roles still shouldn't confirm this if they actually did" just to leave things more up in the air. It's stupid for power roles that have caught scum to stay hidden at this point in the game, yet you encourage this so the game is as ambiguous as possible. This is anti-town behavior.

ASSUMING THEY GOT A RESULT THAT CONFIRMED THEIR PROTECT WORKED, IF THE DOCTOR SUCCESSFULLY PROTECTED SOMEONE ON NIGHT 2 PLEASE SAY SO. IF THIS HAPPENS, IT CONFIRMS THAT I AM LYING ABOUT MY BPV AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO LYNCH ME.

(which I'm not lol)

Any other BS you'd like to spew?

I am fine with the mass claim issue being left up to discussion but seeing as we don't have great leads at the moment I thought it would be something that could help, and I still think it would. The mafia already know what me and Fatecrashers are (assuming Fate isn't mafia) and Haunted Diamond might have inspected someone (is he a role NAME cop or just a regular cop? Still unclear on this) to limit possible pr rands, so I think it's a net benefit to mass claim.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
regarding spiffy's post restriction: the only person to refer to pokeguynxb as 'pokenguy' in this thread is odd ghost, is odd ghost a really stupid post restrictor or is this a transparent attempt to connect him with the role, just like how haunted was being connected with announcer in the first restriction

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I never said "OMG IM SO VILLAGE I DIDN'T VOTE FOR SUNNY AND YOU GUYS ARE SCUM". I even fucking said I would have voted for sunny too based on the seemingly valid evidence against him. And I ALSO said that the bandwagon could just be due to the lack of posts in the day which just made it SEEM like a bandwagon when the votes fell one after the other.
There's this little thing called an implication. You should know, you like to use them. Why even bother calling the Sunny lynch a bandwagon if the evidence against him was so solid? You even admit that you'd have voted for him (so why didn't you?), so what do any of us gain by you bringing attention the fact that you didn't vote for someone who ended up as town?

Assuming the doctor is notified that they have successfully blocked a kill (I think they would be?) then there is absolutely NO reason for them NOT to come out right now and out me for the "liar" you think I am if they blocked a kill on Night 2. As you said, we have a decent lead having lynched two anti towns, so the trade of a power role for scum is advantageous to the town. You're saying "Everyone consider the slight possibility that the hooker/doctor blocked the kill, but the power roles still shouldn't confirm this if they actually did" just to leave things more up in the air. It's stupid for power roles that have caught scum to stay hidden at this point in the game, yet you encourage this so the game is as ambiguous as possible. This is anti-town behavior.

ASSUMING THEY GOT A RESULT THAT CONFIRMED THEIR PROTECT WORKED, IF THE DOCTOR SUCCESSFULLY PROTECTED SOMEONE ON NIGHT 2 PLEASE SAY SO. IF THIS HAPPENS, IT CONFIRMS THAT I AM LYING ABOUT MY BPV AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO LYNCH ME.

Assuming

Why would they be? When has it ever worked like that? If a role just works, the person who used it is not notified on smogon mafia. There are multiple circumstances that could have led to that kill failing, and no one would really know or even have reason to suspect you unless the person protected was Serious Bananas.

Why would someone pretend to be BPV? A rare village role? Gee, I dunno guys, maybe so we wouldn't lynch them? What I'm saying is its dangerous to assume anyone is clean short of an inspector saying so, and that's not really how NOC works. It's everything else that makes me, and has always made keep an eye on you. You want everyone to assume you're village, but exactly what have you done for the village but bicker, tunnel Fate (the other assumed villager), and lie to get your points across? If someone wants me to think they are village, it had better be for sound reasoning and a track record of lynching scum.

I am fine with the mass claim issue being left up to discussion but seeing as we don't have great leads at the moment I thought it would be something that could help, and I still think it would. The mafia already know what me and Fatecrashers are (assuming Fate isn't mafia) and Haunted Diamond might have inspected someone (is he a role NAME cop or just a regular cop? Still unclear on this) to limit possible pr rands, so I think it's a net benefit to mass claim.
Oh I think I've got a great lead or two. So who is we then?

I'd respond to Jalmont post #1239 but without quotes or references to what he's talking about in each line, it kinda seems like he's just having a seizure. As for interpreting the post where he says "hey I Jalmont am scum" well... if I'm interpreting wrong, why did he even ask? I made my two top mafia partners pretty clear.

The last thing I will mention regarding von is that I asked for a clarification because he did not make it clear who his other mafia suspect was (I read it as either me or odd ghost) so it was a perfectly valid thing to ask with a not-clear answer unlike the question I asked where it was perfectly clear as to what I was asking.

vonFiedler said:
There's this little thing called an implication. You should know, you like to use them. Why even bother calling the Sunny lynch a bandwagon if the evidence against him was so solid? You even admit that you'd have voted for him (so why didn't you?), so what do any of us gain by you bringing attention the fact that you didn't vote for someone who ended up as town?
You're right from now on I'll just ignore a bandwagon that ended in the lynch of a villager that sounds like a winning strategy. As for why I didn't vote for him, it was because I had not read Day 4 practically at all and did not feel comfortable casting a vote. Why do you keep bringing it to everyone's attention that you were one of the spearheads for the Haunted Diamond lynch? See I can do that too!!

I was always under the impression that the bodyguard at least would get a result if they successfully blocked a kill. Can More Cowbell confirm or deny this?

Tell me vonFiedler, why didn't you mention the possibility of me lying about BPV at all yesterday? Sure you mentioned it on Day 3 I think but that was in the context of you KNOWING I was the Courier which obviously is not the case. It's weird that you would drop it entirely last day in favor of (mis)lynching someone else. Now you come out GUNS A BLAZIN' like it's stupid that no one else suspects me.

I will revisit this issue with von if anyone other than him actually thinks it holds any weight. His argument is shitty as far as I'm concerned so I'll try to not participate in an endless back and forth with him because I doubt I will change his mind.

Still think the OddGhost is the best lynch for today thus far based mostly on rssp1's play early on in relation to Haunted Diamond but I want to hear him say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)