Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hatch a shiny Starly. Unfortunately its don't have its HA so i want to ask is Intimidate Staraptor viable at all? May be in double it may have some use at least?

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Defensive Intimidate Staraptor is a thing in Monotype, but in OU there is just very little reason to ever use Staraptor over other physical walls which have better typings with more resistances and / or do not rely on Intimidate for bulk. Offensive Intimidate does not sound terrible on paper but in practice you're just wasting Staraptor's niche (nuking everything with Reckless STAB attacks).

Why is Life Orb TornadusT considered better than regular Tornadus on rain teams even tho the later has Prankster Rain Dance ?

p2

Banned deucer.
Why is Life Orb TornadusT considered better than regular Tornadus on rain teams even tho the later has Prankster Rain Dance ?
Because it just spams Hurricane and never dies while Politoeds rain usually lasts long enough for it to come in a few times, while Torn-I has to manually set it, is really frail (a lot of rain teams don't bother with hazard removal either), its slower and is much easier to wear down.

I think fleggumfl covered most of it, but it's probably worth mentioning that Klefki also has Prankster Rain Dance and has similar bulk with better overall defensive typing that doesn't stack an Electric weakness and resists Stealth Rock. Yeah, Tornadus has better offensive pressure, but you have about 2 rain sweepers and probably about 2 wallbreakers that can cover for you.

What's a good place to get teambuilding help? I understand RMT's for finished teams, so I was wondering if there was somewhere I could get a hand building around a core and such.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
What's a good place to get teambuilding help? I understand RMT's for finished teams, so I was wondering if there was somewhere I could get a hand building around a core and such.
You could take a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to find some good cores, which could help you with your team. You can also sign up for the Battling 101 program to learn from some of the veterans. Also, check out the Competitive Tutoring room in Showdown to get some help. Lastly, here is a guide to help you teambuild.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Here are some good resources to check while teambuilding: 1 2 3 4

Pretty much everything in the OU subforum with the Resource tag is useful in some way for teambuilding. If you're wondering like "I know what a core is, how do I finish the team," there's no real amount of reading you can do to get good at that. Just like actually playing Pokemon, teambuilding comes with experience and knowledge. The more you know about a certain Pokemon's effectiveness in the metagame as well as what options exist for you, the easier it becomes to build effective teams. It also clarifies when certain roles are most appropriate for your team. And I can guarantee that almost every effective team ever built has gone through trials and tribulations. Nobody builds a perfect team right off the bat. When you finish a "1st draft," you can take it for a spin on the ladder and see what causes problems for the team and then adjust accordingly. Unfortunately, in ORAS, it's almost impossible to make a team that covers every single Pokemon you find on the ladder, but you can get a pretty strong array of solid answers to the most important / viable Pokemon, no matter what playstyle you're using.

Does anyone have a timid thundurus? I'd love you forever and I'd breed some 6iv pokes for you. I'm trying to build a good team but I'm having a hard time still being new to the metagame

who is wally the bully and wally ladder? he is all over the pokemonshowdown ladder and one of his accounts has a 51-5 win loss ratio in the ou suspect test which seems like hes cheating. like in oras how can you even get that win ratio? there are matchup issues and luck issues it just doesnt seem possible.

who is wally the bully and wally ladder? he is all over the pokemonshowdown ladder and one of his accounts has a 51-5 win loss ratio in the ou suspect test which seems like hes cheating. like in oras how can you even get that win ratio? there are matchup issues and luck issues it just doesnt seem possible.
WhiteQueen had like 50 something wins to 0 losses during olt last year, and he/she definitely doesn't need to cheat

What do you mean cheating? You know that's stupid right? How can you blame a good player for no reason at all?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lol people get that sort of ladder record all the time. It's perfectly normal.

What do you mean cheating? You know that's stupid right? How can you blame a good player for no reason at all?
you seem like a jackass. you can't just say what i said was stupid. all i said was it seems like he's cheating because of how good his score is. i dont even know how you would cheat on pokemon showdown since the games are randomly assigned. i am not blaming him of anything. i was just curious who he was because when i looked at the voter identification thread the people with badges under their name didnt have nearly as good as score as him.

you seem like a jackass. you can't just say what i said was stupid. all i said was it seems like he's cheating because of how good his score is. i dont even know how you would cheat on pokemon showdown since the games are randomly assigned. i am not blaming him of anything. i was just curious who he was because when i looked at the voter identification thread the people with badges under their name didnt have nearly as good as score as him.
Badges don't necessarily mean you're a good battler lol

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Calm down guys ._. Yeah I can confirm that badge =/= good player (me lmao). Some people, like tele, whitequeen, tesung (before getting mods), never had any badges, they just played on the ladder. It's not really cheating. Having a badge means you contribute regularly and have quality etc., not because you are a great battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)