Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
Spread for Subroost Kyurem?
The UU analysis says
EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
"The given HP EVs allow Kyurem to make 101 HP Substitutes, preventing Blissey from breaking its Substitutes with a single Seismic Toss. 232 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are necessary to outspeed Jolly Krookodile."

So I suppose you can drop a couple EVs from Speed for LandoT instead of Krookodile and just put them into SpA, so it'd probably look like this: EVs: 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
The UU analysis says
EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
"The given HP EVs allow Kyurem to make 101 HP Substitutes, preventing Blissey from breaking its Substitutes with a single Seismic Toss. 232 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are necessary to outspeed Jolly Krookodile."

So I suppose you can drop a couple EVs from Speed for LandoT instead of Krookodile and just put them into SpA, so it'd probably look like this: EVs: 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Thanks. Was thinking of a more bulky spread with 136 hp so unboosted Manaphy won't break your sub and enough speed (144 EVs) to outspeed Gyara / Altaria / Pre-Mega Gallade and Gardevoir but I will try out that spread too.

Thanks. Was thinking of a more bulky spread with 136 hp so unboosted Manaphy won't break your sub and enough speed (144 EVs) to outspeed Gyara / Altaria / Pre-Mega Gallade and Gardevoir but I will try out that spread too.
Stopping Unboosted Manaphy from breaking is a decent benchmark, but how does Kyurem stop it from behind the Sub? I don't believe SubRoost has room for any status, nor does it hit quite hard enough to KO (does SubRoost run Dragon Tail for utility?)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Stopping Unboosted Manaphy from breaking is a decent benchmark, but how does Kyurem stop it from behind the Sub? I don't believe SubRoost has room for any status, nor does it hit quite hard enough to KO (does SubRoost run Dragon Tail for utility?)
Toxic is an option on the set but it leaves the set walled by every steel type so I rather have Earth Power (which I use atm fyi) Just did some calcing and Manaphy seemed like a decent benchmark but I can change it if I find a better one. Dragon Tail seems interesting but I don't know how good it will work because the low priority often lets your subs get broken before you DTail someone away.

Limelight
who is wally the bully and wally ladder? he is all over the pokemonshowdown ladder and one of his accounts has a 51-5 win loss ratio in the ou suspect test which seems like hes cheating. like in oras how can you even get that win ratio? there are matchup issues and luck issues it just doesnt seem possible.
Actually Wally was battling on 3DS until he discovered PS! and was already among the best, we used to fight on console regularly before i join PS! (and yes sometimes i won)
Moreover there is no technical way to cheat on PS! since your opponent changes each battle.
And as AM said, that kind of records frequently happens on the ladder, so please stop trying to discredit a name for no reason at all, hope your doubts are cleared tho..

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Could I just make a Revamp thread or do I have to ask for permission first?
A revamp thread is this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dragonite-revamp.3532724/
Normally you would have to ask permission....

but I'm gonna state right now we won't be accepting that or any further pokemon thread discussions. OU Mods pretty much decided they clutter up the threads and don't provide anything for the forum so new threads for Pokemon is off the tables.

Anyone got a good M-Beedrill team? Can't find one on the sample teams thread and I suddenly feel like getting back into OU by nuking shit

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Another question
What's the Stallbreaker Clefable Set?
What do you mean stallbreaker? The normal set (Calm Mind + Magic Guard) stallbreaks pretty well. The spread is 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD w/ Calm Nature. If you want the one that can beat Chansey better, it's 80 SpA w/ a Life Orb.

what is the point of viability rankings? well.. i mainly mean the stuff in the D and C ranks. when i was lurking smogon, i used the viability rankings to understand the state of the metagame and see what kind of things people are using. but nobody really uses stuff in the D and C ranks anyway so whats the point of having pages of discussions on stuff like swellow and poliwrath...? it seems like a waste of time when the stuff in the higher ranks have more of a meaning when it comes to displaying the oras ou metagame

what is the point of viability rankings? well.. i mainly mean the stuff in the D and C ranks. when i was lurking smogon, i used the viability rankings to understand the state of the metagame and see what kind of things people are using. but nobody really uses stuff in the D and C ranks anyway so whats the point of having pages of discussions on stuff like swellow and poliwrath...? it seems like a waste of time when the stuff in the higher ranks have more of a meaning when it comes to displaying the oras ou metagame
The C and D Ranks are a representation of pokemon that only fit on specific teams and have certain niches to be viable in OU

Last edited:
The C and D Ranks are also a representation of what isn't good in OU. It also reflects the niches that they have
If they weren't good in OU they wouldn't be ranked lol. It's for Pokémon that have specific niches but simply find it harder to fit into the same amount of teams (M-Blastoise, M-Ampharos) or there are relatively fewer cases you'd use it over another Pokémon (Rotom-Heat)

Limelight
It's a quick teambuilding guide and reference rather than a reference. I've used it quite a lot when I'm stuck in the teambuilding process, then just skimmed through the list to find something that fits the attributes of what I'm looking for.

If they weren't good in OU they wouldn't be ranked lol. It's for Pokémon that have specific niches but simply find it harder to fit into the same amount of teams (M-Blastoise, M-Ampharos) or there are relatively fewer cases you'd use it over another Pokémon (Rotom-Heat)

Limelight
It's a quick teambuilding guide and reference rather than a reference. I've used it quite a lot when I'm stuck in the teambuilding process, then just skimmed through the list to find something that fits the attributes of what I'm looking for.
Edited my answer. thanks for pointing that out

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Fire Blast/CC/Gunk Shot/HP Ice is a pretty nice set that can cover a wide range of threats. You can opt for some other moves over hp ice if you want
Thanks, I actually might want to try GK over HP Ice, I'll see that.
Any idea on how it fares in the OU meta ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)