NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
so is celever blacklisted now too?

e: also doubting pokeguy had nothing to do with you (and you weren't awfully explicit in giving up), but more to do with the fact that there was a result discrepancy that didn't make sense. there wasn't any need to rush through things anyways even if you didn't quit right off the bat

e2: I also think you would've lynched d5 regardless of any bussing shenanigans.
He's trying to get me blacklisted, much like he is with you Jalmont. ;)

I'm not exactly worried lol.

I'll share actual thoughts about the game when I get to a computer.

Well spiffy had announced that haunted is the best lynch for today and von+celever+sunny were already supporting him, so I kinda figured I'd do something before going to bed. I'm fairly certain I was gonna get lynched if I didn't claim.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well spiffy had announced that haunted is the best lynch for today and von+celever+sunny were already supporting him, so I kinda figured I'd do something before going to bed. I'm fairly certain I was gonna get lynched if I didn't claim.
I made the point in the grave, but all you had to do was just say "please don't hammer me while I'm asleep". No one would dare to hammer someone like that just because if they are wrong they'd be horribly fucked. Frankly you couldn't take the pressure, unlike Spiffy, I put Spiffy under a lot of trivial stuff that I was mostly nitpicking at and his worst response was a disguised insult at my early on inactivity. You went waaaaaaay too defensive when people brought up the possibility of you using excuses to get out of the discussion to which even more people jumped on you(including me).

I agree with LW that the nature of my role should have been made a little more clear. I was pretty busy when I got my PM and basically skimmed all flavor to see if I had a role. I guess there was a hint in there, but I clearly didn't pick up on it.

I don't get why the scum wouldn't just kill SB Night 2 and hook me even if they thought I was inspector. Like why not just get the guaranteed death on the known power role?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't get why the scum wouldn't just kill SB Night 2 and hook me even if they thought I was inspector. Like why not just get the guaranteed death on the known power role?
Honestly? Aside from some of the poor arguments you made on Day 2 specifically (and I was able to pick them apart because they WERE poor), you should have looked fairly decent. Then add to that the fact that you had been getting into arguments with Celever. Eventually it seemed like you were gonna lynch him and I knew I'd never be able to stop you. But then things didn't really go down like that. I'd say you coming out as BPV dissuaded Celever, but even then he tried to pick a fight with you on Day 4 and it was just ignored.

after reading dead/maf chat

It is not abnormal to not publically announce the role list. The village should've been given the same information that the mafia received that there were vanillagers in the game if the mafia were to be given that same info.

think it was pretty clear that the lack of day talk really hurt the mafia

long posts are still bad but i guess i'm guilty of that too in responding to other people. then again i think my game was hurt a lot in that everyone basically town-read the entire game which made it hard for me personally to see where people were at, so i resorted to arguing with von the whole game.

anyways other than von being unfun to play with, it was a good game! thanks to the hosts for doing a solid job hosting and being fair and and reasonable and everything

I enjoyed playing on D1, the players here are definitely different than most others, and it was a fun experience.
Then life kicked my ass and I got subbed, whoops.
Was still fun to read everything.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Yup, this game sums up my playstyle perfectly

Play kinda badly during day, completely annihilate at night. And the funny part is i've still yet to be mafia in any game on this site :P

This game was fun! We should run more NOC games here. I did not find this one to be all that bad in terms of "I had fun" to "I hate my life" on a scale of playability. :)

I hope I was not too big a distraction. I really had my wires crossed with PokeNGuy and Von.
LoL @ at the mafia trying to frame me.

Spiffy is a very good player. Hope you play more games

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
The post restrictor was my fault, not more cowbell's or gale's. I wanted mafia to have a role that they could use as a provable role for a potential false claim. Didn't think about the potential abuse of godkilling as well as how frustrating the role is to deal with. Sorry for the slight problems that arose from it.

I wasn't too actively reading through the thread but thought that the game was fairly balanced and very few people played outright poorly (although few played amazingly well either). I thought that a NOC game with a role that could choose sides would be interesting and was curious as to how the village would deal with having neither a doctor nor a cop. Given that, I think the game was pretty well balanced; a game like this should have 3-4 mislynches. 4 is doable but slightly on the harder side of most games, but the lack of a direct alignment role or a way for village to protect its power roles (although the mafia didnt have knowledge there was no bg, so they would have to gamble on killing it) and some help from the courier in most scenarios helps that.

The courier role is disadvantaged regardless of the side it chooses as it needs to live to completion of its win condition, but has complete control on night 0 on the game he wants to play and doesn't need to wonder about what the courier could be. Of course, Amianki didn't have control as he subbed in for moi but the idea still remains. I think it could have been interesting to perhaps delay the time where the courier makes the alignment decision by night 2 or so to get a feel for the game, but perhaps for another game.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
The problem with the courier is that we'd have been really hosed if he had chosen to side with the village. Otherwise the game balance was alright. Switch out the PR for the mafia, tell Mithril that he's a sleepwalker. Stuff like that.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
It is not abnormal to not publically announce the role list. The village should've been given the same information that the mafia received that there were vanillagers in the game if the mafia were to be given that same info.
Oh, I agree. The minor issue we had was with the host being cryptic about it and insinuating that we should read between the lines. If anyone was meant to know this, everyone really ought to have known.

God knows how many times I've been hosed as a host for assuming players should be thinking a certain way.

Meh. Neutral roles are notoriously difficult to win with and this one was especially an uphill battle from the beginning. The main issue with my role and alignment is that I had to somehow look town enough to not be a significant lynch target and yet be scummy enough that I wouldn't be intimidating enough to kill straight up. This is on top of trying specifically to get members of both alignments killed, which is pretty dissonant when you think about it enough.

It really stands out when you consider that I was still on the list of potential nightkill targets night 1 despite my public reads being pretty bad up to that point.

The ability to see if certain people were my targets or not was nice, but it didn't really have a whole lot of impact. The way it ended up this game is just about the best possible use I could've gotten out of it, which isn't a very big advantage when you think about it. Lynchers have one single target and they know from the beginning who they are; having to get at least two specific people lynched (three if none are night killed in the game) is a huge obstacle when you consider that it's entirely possible that I try to inspect the person who ends up dying the first three nights. If this role was used in a hundred or so games, I would imagine that they would most likely find around one target throughout the game from their ability.

It's really not enough of a buff to make being a survivor-lyncher worth picking up. I played a game as a survivor earlier this year and primarily ended up winning because scum both had no way of getting rid of town members they wanted to get rid of and the scum were horrendously underpowered regardless, so all I had to do was obvtown and the win was virtually guaranteed. This is an extreme in the opposite direction, but it really emphasizes that neutral alignments have to have wiggle room of some kind to survive since the chances of them doing so is incredibly slim otherwise.

It's pretty much unheard of to see serial killers without immunity to cops or something like a one-shot bulletproof nowadays on MS for this exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)