Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I don't think I will make it into the top 10000... Within a couple hours I dropped 1000 in rank. More than 5 hours left, and I'm at 8825/76229. Darn it..

Also, how the actual fuck is that 'Toshin' guy going this HAM? He just upped his score from 38k to almost 41k. HOW.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Damn I suck so much at timed stages now lol
had to use both Complexity-1 and DD to barely score above 20k points :(
Hopefully I won't drop from my 4k position to get the stone. Now I'm gonna focus all hearts into training my team for giratina. D:

I barely got 22k points, going from 16k coins to 5.5k, I swear if it didn't guarantee me top 10k I was going to cry. my team was max level Glalie, Heatran (that 6 extra power *it's level 8* over my max level pinser really made the difference), max level blaziken, level 8 heracross...I got 2220 some odd place I AM SAFE!!

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Managed to secure myself a Venusaurite without any Complexity -1 used. Disruption Delay proved useless on its own as I'd tried it a few times only for my best score to be 17117 with no items used. This stage was just too random for Disruption Delay to be consistently useful without a Complexity -1 helping. Managed 14288th place in the US, apparently low 15000's is the bare minimum around so if you're above that for the US you're safe.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Got venusaurite. And already tried the Giratina Stage so I'll share a few tips about level 1

Level1: No disruptions, stupidly low HP no problem here. However catching Giratina is a joke. 1% base catch rate butyour extra moves don't add to your catch rate at all. So don't expect to catch it on your first attempts or waste coins on it.

Got venusaurite. And already tried the Giratina Stage so I'll share a few tips about level 1

Level1: No disruptions, stupidly low HP no problem here. However catching Giratina is a joke. 1% base catch rate butyour extra moves don't add to your catch rate at all. So don't expect to catch it on your first attempts or waste coins on it.
I ranked 2,426.
I just got a "mega speed up" for checking in, is this what those rare candyish things are? Thank you for the tip on the stage, I'll be reporting my findings for each level now as well.

I can assume Giratina improves in "steps" rather than a slope from my experience.

As in, I didn't notice a significant difference between Giratina Level 1 and Level 4, but Level 5 might see a jump like adding disruptions.

But yeah, the only thing of concern appears to be defeating Giratina, no bonus for moves, so don't worry about items as long as you can clear Giratina in the 18 moves alotted at all.

Haven't tried the new stages, but anyone playing those, let me know if anything that might help with Giratina shows up, such as a new Ghost/Dark Type.

Any news on how the Mega Speed Up candies work? I don't see them in the Jewel exchange, so I'm not sure how you're meant to actually acquire them.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I can assume Giratina improves in "steps" rather than a slope from my experience.

As in, I didn't notice a significant difference between Giratina Level 1 and Level 4, but Level 5 might see a jump like adding disruptions.

But yeah, the only thing of concern appears to be defeating Giratina, no bonus for moves, so don't worry about items as long as you can clear Giratina in the 18 moves alotted at all.

Haven't tried the new stages, but anyone playing those, let me know if anything that might help with Giratina shows up, such as a new Ghost/Dark Type.

Any news on how the Mega Speed Up candies work? I don't see them in the Jewel exchange, so I'm not sure how you're meant to actually acquire them.
Well there's another one as a reward for beating a level 50 Giratina according to the info given with the update.

Also I think I we got Tyranitar on this update. Can't really tell what the other pokemon are but if you want to check for yourselves go to
"Pokemon List" -> "Search" -> "Sort By: Attack Power" "All Pokemon" "Most to Less

Pokemon that have been added will appear with their matching power, while those that haven't been implemented yet will appear around the 50 power section most likely along with their previous evolutions.

Edit: Tyranitar and Giratina seem to be in the 80 Power range which is nice but seems to be the only new pokemon in this range. Most of the rest seem to only be at 70 Power.

It seems like they're something that they make you work like hell to get, note that they give you one for beating Giratina at level 50.
And now for my results in Giratina level capture rates etc.
lvl 1: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 1%
lvl 2: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 2%
lvl 3: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 3%
lvl 4: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 4%
lvl 5: noticibly more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. The stage now starts off with a breakable rock disruption with 4-6 rocks, and spawns more every 3 moves. You get 1k coins for beating this level. Capture rate: 5%
lvl 6: a bit more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 6%
lvl 7: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 5-6 but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 7%
lvl 8: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 6-7 but I can still beat it in 6-7 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 8% I have now caught it. Incase you were wondering, this is my team. Mega Sableye, Yveltal, Gengar, and Zoroark, all of them are at max level.
lvl 9: a bit more hp than the previous tries, you can now tell that it has more HP than previous levels. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 10: starts with regular disruption etc it feels like it has twice the HP as lvl 5 but I don't want to say for sure as I don't have any proof etc. disruptions now occur every 2 turns, this is beginning to annoy the F out of me. Note that as I captured Giratina I now have it on my team replacing gengar. As stated by the game I got a disruption delay for completing this level. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 11: same as lvl 10 but felt slightly easier somehow, I could've just had an easy run this time or a hard one on level 10. There was likely an HP increase as well. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 12: same as level 11 but only felt even easier as I got a bunch of combos that were out of my control. Capture rate ?%
Lvl 13: same as level 12 minus all the combos. ?%

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright by checking the pokemon slots at serebii our new (among the strongest) pokemon are:

Lickilicky (70) - Conkeldurr (70) - Tangrowth (70) - Chesnaught (70) - Delphox (70) - Greninja (70) - Tyranitar (80) - Giratina (80).

I wouldn't even check the rest unless their abilities are broken.
Doublade - Reuniclus - Cofagrigus - Pangoro - Garbodor - Blitzle

Alright by checking the pokemon slots at serebii our new (among the strongest) pokemon are:

Lickilicky (70) - Conkeldurr (70) - Tangrowth (70) - Chesnaught (70) - Delphox (70) - Greninja (70) - Tyranitar (80) - Giratina (80).

I wouldn't even check the rest unless their abilities are broken.
Doublade - Reuniclus - Cofagrigus - Pangoro - Garbodor - Blitzle
Holy crap, Mega T Tar with 100 power at max lvl? The ability better be good or I'll have to buy another 3ds!

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Also just tried the bliztle stage without a mega... Don't do it, there's just so many rocks you don't have enough space to land a single combo. I'd actually recommend M-Aero for this stage.
Also I can confirm blitzle's ability to be rock break.

Edit: Serebii just updated their pokemon list. Tyranitar gets Eject and its a Rock type for anyone who cares.

Giratina at level 5 starts off with randomized rock disruptions and then continues to do so every 3 turns. Someone who has made it to level 12 has not noticed anything new besides slowly (veeeeerrrryyy slowly) increasing HP. I hope I can catch Giratina before Victini's stage reappears next weekend.

Giratina's effect (Power of 4+, which triples damage on proc instead of multiplying by 1.5 like Power of 4) will be amazing on this stage.

Last edited:
Can anyone test if Giratina levels up if you quit without saving, such as for the Great Ball Trick? I might want to "hold" Giratina at a certain level at some point so I can catch and use him against himself at the higher levels.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Word of advice, use all items if you want to actually S rank Tyranitar, let alone catch it, that thing has a stupid catch rate otherwise assuming you actually beat it. Also has random falling block disruptions that Complexity -1 removes so do that. Seriously. Still need to go back and do Giratina more though, but that'll come after S ranking the main stages I didn't S rank yet.

Apparently the gen 6 final evolution trio are the new expert stage pokemon, in the order of Chesnaugh, Delxphox, and Greninja.
Also I am constantly updating my info list about Giratina as I go through the levels of it.

Edit: They're all power 70 WTF if you're that far into the game you better expect better power levels from pokemon.

Can anyone test if Giratina levels up if you quit without saving, such as for the Great Ball Trick? I might want to "hold" Giratina at a certain level at some point so I can catch and use him against himself at the higher levels.
Someone else did this, but Giratina does not level up if you close out before the game saves.

Thought this was fun...for the first 30 minutes. Then promptly uninstalled it. Shame about about not having an option to buy outright like Rumble World (not that I bought it), else I would have done so.

Last edited:
It seems like they're something that they make you work like hell to get, note that they give you one for beating Giratina at level 50.
And now for my results in Giratina level capture rates etc.
lvl 1: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 1%
lvl 2: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 2%
lvl 3: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 3%
lvl 4: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 4%
lvl 5: noticibly more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. The stage now starts off with a breakable rock disruption with 4-6 rocks, and spawns more every 3 moves. You get 1k coins for beating this level. Capture rate: 5%
lvl 6: a bit more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 6%
lvl 7: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 5-6 but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 7%
lvl 8: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 6-7 but I can still beat it in 6-7 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 8% I have now caught it. Incase you were wondering, this is my team. Mega Sableye, Yveltal, Gengar, and Zoroark, all of them are at max level.
lvl 9: a bit more hp than the previous tries, you can now tell that it has more HP than previous levels. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 10: starts with regular disruption etc it feels like it has twice the HP as lvl 5 but I don't want to say for sure as I don't have any proof etc. disruptions now occur every 2 turns, this is beginning to annoy the F out of me. Note that as I captured Giratina I now have it on my team replacing gengar. As stated by the game I got a disruption delay for completing this level. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 11: same as lvl 10 but felt slightly easier somehow, I could've just had an easy run this time or a hard one on level 10. There was likely an HP increase as well. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 12: same as level 11 but only felt even easier as I got a bunch of combos that were out of my control. Capture rate ?%
Lvl 13: same as level 12 minus all the combos. ?%
Latest update before I go to bed...at 7 am FML.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)